Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It must be one of the older men but I'm afraid to try and figure out who :(

FFs am losing all faith in humanity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

well its someone not in it anymore so at least there wont be any dodgy storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

well its someone not in it anymore so at least there wont be any dodgy storylines

So it's ok then?? No dodgy storylines ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

So a surviving, long-running, male character, no longer on the show, old enough for an allegation dating back to the sixties? Limited enough possibilities as to who, but regardless I hope his allegations and those of the other three are untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corapnation Street :P

Sorry if that joke offended anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

The Roy story line is a breath of fresh and a relief from the baby momma drama, whether its Tina or Kylie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

That Jack Duckworth tribute, nearly in tears so I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

Jikashi wrote: »

According to the oh so reliable Daily Mail, it was Neville Buswell who played Ray Langton in the 60s/70s

KatieD508 wrote: »
    According to the oh so reliable Daily Mail, it was Neville Buswell who played Ray Langton in the 60s/70s

Jazus, but Drearie sure can pick them!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

I see Steve is streamlining.

• Advertisement

Dud Steve have nits or something?

David Platt looks set to bide his time after he discovers his wife Kylie's shocking secret.

Last week, Corrie bosses revealed that the show has already filmed the long-awaited scenes which see David (Jack P Shepherd) learn of Kylie's one-night stand with his half-brother Nick.

However, Paula Lane - who plays Kylie - has now told Digital Spy that David keeps quiet after making the heartbreaking discovery, even though he knows that Kylie's unborn baby may not be his.

Speaking at the 2013 British Soap Awards, Lane teased: "At the minute, he hasn't confronted Kylie about it yet. I'm just on the receiving end of his reign of terror! It's been fab to film."

With David staying silent, it looks like he may want to take a more devious approach to getting revenge over Nick and Kylie's betrayal.

In her chat with Digital Spy, Lane also promised "emotional" scenes ahead for the Platts and pondered whether David and Kylie can ever recover from such a huge hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Don't like Steve's shaved head, it makes him look like Fester from the Addams family

affest2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I thought Roy's father's name was Syngen or Synjun...stupid name-but then on the headstone it was spelt 'St John'. I never heard of such a name:confused:.

Rob is such a slimeball..such an ársehole..I can't stand him. How can Carla expect Peter to put up with him?? He adds nothing to the show imo:mad:.

Gary was so aggressive and threatening towards Ryan, did he really think he'd win him onside with that behaviour? Tit:mad:.

Veg curry? I'd be disappointed:(. I very much doubt that's Eoin's favourite too. He looks like a steak and chips kind of individual.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I thought Roy's father's name was Syngen or Synjun...stupid name-but then on the headstone it was spelt 'St John'. I never heard of such a name:confused:.

Rob is such a slimeball..such an ársehole..I can't stand him. How can Carla expect Peter to put up with him?? He adds nothing to the show imo:mad:.

Gary was so aggressive and threatening towards Ryan, did he really think he'd win him onside with that behaviour? Tit:mad:.

Veg curry? I'd be disappointed:(. I very much doubt that's Eoin's favourite too. He looks like a steak and chips kind of individual.

There is a few families down my neck of the woods that pronounce themselves as Saint John, but are more crudely, inaccurately and widely known as 'Synjuns' and personally i think its wrong. Saint John is their actual name so it should be pronounced as such.

Dunno where the pronunciation comes from tbh. Treacy is pronouced 'Tray-see' by some and 'Tra-see' by others and of course there is variations with Cahill (or Cayhill), Moran (Moer-an or Mor-Ann). McGrath becomes Macgraw...the list goes on really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sinjun is the correct way to pronounce the given name; Saint John or St John, in received pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

In Jane Eyre there's a character called St. John, we thought our English teacher was mad calling him Syngen.
    The pub in Temple Bar is known as either Oliver Syngen/St. John Gogarty, most Irish people use St John.
    One that got me was Magdalen college in Oxford. They all call it Maudlin. I was like how do you call it Maudlin, is it not from Mary Magdalen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John_%28surname%29

Either the firstname or surname St. John is pronounced Sinjin.

I think putting Katy with someone like Tommy or Jason instead of Ryan would have been better imo, sorry but he looks way too old for her and is annoying and now so is she :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think putting Katy with someone like Tommy or Jason instead of Ryan would have been better imo, sorry but he looks way too old for her and is annoying and now so is she :rolleyes:

I hate Katy recently, she doesn't seem to care that she has a son. At the same time, Chesney over reacted to her leaving him with Anna.

• Advertisement

Just spotted the orla kiely wallpaper in Garry and izzy s flat !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Lisha wrote: »
    Just spotted the orla kiely wallpaper in Garry and izzy s flat !

I noticed that too, it must be fake. They couldn't possibly afford the real thing ;)

jos28 wrote: »
    I noticed that too, it must be fake. They couldn't possibly afford the real thing ;)

I like their flat quite cath kidson looking, bit girly though. More Izzy than Gary i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LizT wrote: »
    I hate Katy recently, she doesn't seem to care that she has a son. At the same time, Chesney over reacted to her leaving him with Anna.

Yeah Katy is being a bitch lately. I don't think Chesney reacted at all. He is his son and unlike a lot of dads he would like to spend time with him and he is free in the evenings, but instead of being mature about it and asking him to help, she avoids him and goes to Anna.

Are we assuming Katy and Ches will eventually get back together. I can't see Ryan being anything other than a fling. He's about as good with kids as Carla.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Had to laugh at yer wan who's name escapes me right now (kirks missus) saying to Ches. "He wears his skin well"

Comical !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

MugMugs wrote: »
    Had to laugh at yer wan who's name escapes me right now (kirks missus) saying to Ches. "He wears his skin well"

Comical !

Beth

Comical !

Beth has some good lines alright. Love to see her and Kirky on it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Funny about the Rovers, last week they were £15-20,000 behind in the payments. Turns out they needed £80,000 to finish the job, and this extra £60,000 is going to be spent in the space of one week on doing up a pub? ca.£10,000 on stock, glasses etc, where the hell is the other £50,000 going to? Must be expensive wallpaper that Karl is putting up.

Nice to see Beth's niece and son in it again, they both looked like decent actors when they were given a few lines a few weeks ago.

Comical !

I think she was referring to Ryan when he was standing topless in the dtreet after being caught by Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That Karl must be the laziest sod, anytime I see him at the building site, he is sipping tea.Put down that mug and do something ya waster:P.

Stella ya silly b***h, "I have never seen you work so hard"?..........Yeah right.

The quicker he gets found out and jailed the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Are you really going to pop around to your sisters to break her life apart with her cheating fella standing there listening to the whole thing ? :rolleyes:

Silly Katy !
    Red Kev wrote: »
    I think she was referring to Ryan when he was standing topless in the dtreet after being caught by Owen.
    She was, aye. Still thought it was a funny line. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement