Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Will someone please tell R-eye-ann that he'll never pull a bird with that lego haircut. It's even turned Sian Lesbian. Seriously!!!

I thought the same thing! His hair is ridiculous...Lego is right:D.
    Sophie's making me nauseous these days, she's way too possessive and demanding. I like Sian, she comes across as an affecionate sweet girl but Sophie just seems greasy faced and creepy to me:(.

I used to like Carla but lately I've found she has such a harsh squawky voice, I hate listening to it...and wtf did she do to her hair?! It was bad enough with the fringe, her face is too wide for a fringe but now it's all cropped to nearly chin length at the front...so unflattering.

I too am bored with Fizz and John's front room with her making the tea and them squabbling.

What age is Lewis supposed to be can anyone tell me? He's actually 60 in real life. Audrey looks alright for 70 (66 in real life....yeah I looked it up on Wiki. She's titled you know? The Honorable Susan Nicolls is her name:o).

iguana wrote: »
    Tbf to Dev, Sunita was a total moron to think that a tiny shop would be a good place for a pair of 5 year olds to spend a whole day. I actually think the twins were quite well-behaved considering the circumstances. Most kids would throw a huge tantrum at some stage if expected to spend their holidays at their parents' workplace. (Unless they worked at a playground).

She so was a total moron, I agree:D:D:D.
    Them kids are demons in their normal surroundings, screaming all the time and swinging from the chandeliers..what was she thinking of?????? She can't control them at the best of times.
    No wonder one of them ends up with suspicious bruises, Claire probably does batter the crap out of them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I'm enjoying all the references to the past characters of Coronation Street recently. Rita mentioning Jenny Bradley and Len Fairclough; her scrapbook with Bet Lynch; Natasha coming across Fred Elliott, Reg Holdsworth and Sergei the Russian.

With the 50th anniversary coming up; I wouldn't mind seeing some scenes of those who've been on the street for a long time (Ken, Emily, Gail, Rita) reminiscing properly about those who've been and gone with a few flashback moments of the classic characters; Annie Walker, Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner, Hilda Ogden to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Who was Sergei the Russian? I can vaguely remember something about him but the salient details escape me.

Sergei was someone Ashley met when he was sailing back from the Caribbean after his honeymoon with Maxine. He showed up just before Christmas 1999 and Audrey and Doreen (Maxines mother) both set their sights on him. He ended up moving in with Audrey and proposing to her, which she accepted. He was only after a passport and the police eventually caught up with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

deirdre just makes me nauseous anyone else feel the same way?

and id love some1 to kick the ****e out of ryan he irks me

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

mrDerek wrote: »
    deirdre just makes me nauseous anyone else feel the same way?

and id love some1 to kick the ****e out of ryan he irks me

Yea he always has a strop on him, taking the grumpy teenager thing to far!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

whenever there are scenes in roy rolls I cant help but look at the prices on the blackboard behind them tonights was a full fried breakfast and a pot of tea for £2.95 nothin' wrong with them prices:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

tonights episodes not up on tv3 catch up? same for anyone else?

casio4 wrote: »
    whenever there are scenes in roy rolls I cant help but look at the prices on the blackboard behind them tonights was a full fried breakfast and a pot of tea for £2.95 nothin' wrong with them prices:D

I always do that:D. I can't concentrate on those scenes 'cos I'm too busy checking out the prices:o.

• Advertisement

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Carla Connor will reportedly battle a drinking problem.

The Underworld boss, played by Alison King, struggles to cope with events including the death of Tony Gordon and turns to alcohol, reports The Sun.

King was pictured filming a visit to alcoholics anonymous after Connor begins drinking before breakfast.

An insider told the paper: "She sees Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) at the meeting and backs out, pretending she is meant to be in a Spanish class next door."

Corrie producer Phil Collinson previously told DS that viewers would be seeing "a lot" of Carla who he praised as a "very significant, complicated character".

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Did anyone notice a mess up in last nights episode (7.30) of Corrie. Audrey and Gail were sitting in the Rovers talking about the Party the night before. The Party was on Friday night (when Natasha arranged it she said friday night) which have made yesterdays episode Saturday however at the start Gail told nick to change his sheets as its monday and she washes the sheets every monday. Im a weirdo with to much time on my hands i no

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

blondie7 wrote: »
    Yea he always has a strop on him, taking the grumpy teenager thing to far!

Why doesn't someone tell him to cut his f***ing hair !!! It's horriffic! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Will someone please tell R-eye-ann that he'll never pull a bird with that lego haircut.

Whatever happened to the babies mix up storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ollaetta wrote: »

It was abandoned when the writers realised that noone gave a crap about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

ollaetta wrote: »
    The real mother probably wouldn't take Ryan back with that hair cut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Can anyone understand a word the two lesbian girls are saying ? I hope Nigel Havers will give them a bit of a master class before he leaves the show. It's not their Manchester accents. ugly as they are - it's just lazy diction.

Coronation Street's David Platt will reportedly not be involved in a rape storyline with former girlfriend Tina McIntyre.

It was previously reported that Platt (Jack P Shepherd) would take revenge on his ex - played by Michelle Keegan - for dating Graeme Proctor (Craig Gazey).

The Daily Star however denies the claim and reports that the pair will be seen laughing and joking together in her flat.

David will apparently be seen telling her: "I still love you Tina, I always will."

Although when he is rejected, the report adds that he grabs her by the wrists and pushes her onto the sofa.

"Are you going to rape me David? Is this how low you've sunk?" Tina asks before David leaves the flat.

Last month, Corrie producer Phil Collinson told DS that Tina and Graeme would remain together for the "foreseeable" future.

That must be some picture of Liz that Sean is using on "facescene". All those men. The images of anyone poking her.

Fiz/John/Colin...bored
    Sophie/Sian...tiresome

Do they really need four people working in the salon?

• Advertisement

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Can anyone understand a word the two lesbian girls are saying ? I hope Nigel Havers will give them a bit of a master class before he leaves the show. It's not their Manchester accents. ugly as they are - it's just lazy diction.

That 'accent' is all too common nowadays. You're right it is lazy diction. How they think their going to get future acting gigs when "Do you want to come back to mine?" comes out as "dyh-muna-wuna-muna mine?", is beyond me.
    That must be some picture of Liz that Sean is using on "facescene". All those men. The images of anyone poking her.

I think its Sean flirting with them on faceScene chat that is causing them to come to the bar, not the picture alone. Also, have you never used the airbrush function on Photoshop?
    Do they really need four people working in the salon?

Well David really only works there because he is unemployable. He is about 22 with no skills, and no interests other than lamenting over Tina, and making sure he is the only thing in Gail's life. Audrey only hired Natasha because Maria left, and Audrey LOVES Maria, so she would be delighted to have her back again. I think she is just hoping Natasha will get bored of playing second fiddle and feck off to the hair dressers on Rosamund Street.

syklops wrote: »
    I think its Sean flirting with them on faceScene chat that is causing them to come to the bar, not the picture alone. Also, have you never used the airbrush function on Photoshop?

This is Sean and Michelle behind this though; both of whom have said they aren't anyway technologically savvy. I'm confused where Sean got to flirt with them though. When he set it up he had to use Ryans computer because he didnt have any way of doing it himself. Then he said he was chatting with these guys late at night at home; but had to go to Michelles again tonight to repair the damage with Violet.

Why the use of facescene anyway. Why the need to change the name. When he was friendly with Leon, he told him he could contact him on Facebook, Gaydar; he's on all of them. He also told Fiz it was facebook a few weeks ago. No need for changes there.
    Well David really only works there because he is unemployable.

True. I was thinking of the time he was employed at another salon but didn't Ted forge his reference from Audrey.

jayyyyyyyyyysus deirdres cleavage is turnin me gay
    all wrinkly nd old
    they told the actor that places liz to wear dresses showin less cleavage they could do the same with that wretched looking thing

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's David Platt will reportedly not be involved in a rape storyline with former girlfriend Tina McIntyre.

It was previously reported that Platt (Jack P Shepherd) would take revenge on his ex - played by Michelle Keegan - for dating Graeme Proctor (Craig Gazey).

The Daily Star however denies the claim and reports that the pair will be seen laughing and joking together in her flat.

I'm glad about this. I don't like the idea of David raping Tina. Yeah he's a bad boy but we've seen some good bits to him during the whole Gail thing. A rape imo would have been going to far and I don't think anyone would ever be able to relate to him again.

greenie wrote: »
    I'm glad about this. I don't like the idea of David raping Tina. Yeah he's a bad boy but we've seen some good bits to him during the whole Gail thing. A rape imo would have been going to far and I don't think anyone would ever be able to relate to him again.

+1

Plus, the thought of another 6 weeks of a weepy Tina is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PFMP2008

Cannot Wait for the Tram Crash!!!! :D Anyone else excited????

Coronation Street star Vicky Entwistle is leaving the show after 14 years as gobby factory worker Janice Battersby.

Soap bosses said the actress "agonised" over her decision, but decided the show's 50th anniversary year was the right time to say goodbye.

Vicky said: "Corrie means so much to me and I could easily have continued to play Janice for the rest of my acting career. But I've been thinking of leaving for some time, and couldn't deny those feelings. I've a hankering to do other drama projects and so if I don't make this move now I never will."

The actress, whose husband Andrew Chapman used to work in the props department, added: "The programme has given me my husband Andy, as we met and got together when he worked on the show, and I've had a fantastic time playing an extremely feisty character.

"I'll miss the great friends I've made during my time in Coronation Street, but I know we'll stay in touch and I'm grateful to be part of the show's 50th anniversary as it's a huge landmark in British television."

Producer Phil Collinson said: "When she first appeared on screen in 1996, Janice Battersby caused a stir and has continued to do so ever since. Vicky created a strong and uncompromising battleaxe with a heart of gold lurking underneath - in the true tradition of great Coronation Street women. She'll be missed by us all and we wish her well."

A Coronation Street spokeswoman would not reveal details of when or how the character makes her exit. However, some key characters will be killed off in a 50th anniversary storyline in December, when a tram crashes on to the cobbles and causes carnage.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street star Vicky Entwistle is leaving the show after 14 years as gobby factory worker Janice Battersby.

Soap bosses said the actress "agonised" over her decision, but decided the show's 50th anniversary year was the right time to say goodbye.

Vicky said: "Corrie means so much to me and I could easily have continued to play Janice for the rest of my acting career. But I've been thinking of leaving for some time, and couldn't deny those feelings. I've a hankering to do other drama projects and so if I don't make this move now I never will."

The actress, whose husband Andrew Chapman used to work in the props department, added: "The programme has given me my husband Andy, as we met and got together when he worked on the show, and I've had a fantastic time playing an extremely feisty character.

"I'll miss the great friends I've made during my time in Coronation Street, but I know we'll stay in touch and I'm grateful to be part of the show's 50th anniversary as it's a huge landmark in British television."

Producer Phil Collinson said: "When she first appeared on screen in 1996, Janice Battersby caused a stir and has continued to do so ever since. Vicky created a strong and uncompromising battleaxe with a heart of gold lurking underneath - in the true tradition of great Coronation Street women. She'll be missed by us all and we wish her well."

A Coronation Street spokeswoman would not reveal details of when or how the character makes her exit. However, some key characters will be killed off in a 50th anniversary storyline in December, when a tram crashes on to the cobbles and causes carnage.

thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

^^
    Had a feeling she was going...she's barely been in it. What was her last storyline..fancying her room mate? Yeah time to go!

• Advertisement

greenie wrote: »
    ^^
    Had a feeling she was going...she's barely been in it. What was her last storyline..fancying her room mate? Yeah time to go!

I always liked Janice. I would say it is more a case of Corrie producers failing her and her character, than the character failing.

Her story lines of late have been very poor. Remember when she decided she wanted to be a nurse, and then bottled it when Joshua got stung by a Bee? That's not the feisty Janice we all know.

Sometimes I think writers are told of story lines from 'upstairs' and not enough thought is put into "What would blah really do in this situation".

She will be missed, in our house at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement