Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Soap legend Bill Tarmey's character will die in Corries sensational 50th anniversary bloodbath tram disaster, The People can reveal.

Lovable layabout Jack Duckworth is the first big name to emerge as a victim of the horror which will also claim a host of other Street favourites.

Bill,69, who has played Jack for over three decades, announced earlier this year he wanted to quit to spend more time with his family.

But his bloody exit will stun the shows millions of fans who were hoping his departure would be left open-ended so he could return in special one-off editions.

Bill has been told by the ITV1 shows new producer Phil Collinson he will die when a tram crashes on to the Kabin and corner shop after the viaduct at the end of the street collapses.

The dramatic plotline will be played out over a week-long series of special episodes in December.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's Carla Connor will reportedly battle a drinking problem.
    The Underworld boss, played by Alison King, struggles to cope with events including the death of Tony Gordon and turns to alcohol, reports The Sun.
    King was pictured filming a visit to alcoholics anonymous after Connor begins drinking before breakfast.
    An insider told the paper: "She sees Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) at the meeting and backs out, pretending she is meant to be in a Spanish class next door."
    Corrie producer Phil Collinson previously told DS that viewers would be seeing "a lot" of Carla who he praised as a "very significant, complicated character".

So who thinks Carla and Peter will have an affair :rolleyes: I expected her to get with Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

. . when a tram crashes on to the Kabin and corner shop after the viaduct at the end of the street collapses.

NORRIS ! Please, please . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oliverdog wrote: »
    NORRIS ! Please, please . . . .
    I like Norris they give him some good story lines, I think they should give him more now that Blanche is gone

You're right. I wouldn't be without him really..

• Advertisement

Former Coronation Street star Charles Lawson has announced that he will be returning to the soap later this year.

The actor confirmed that his alter ego Jim McDonald will be back on screens within the next few months and be part of the show's 50th anniversary episodes.

Lawson told PA that he is currently unaware of Jim's comeback storyline, but suspects there is a possibility that the character could be killed off.

Asked whether he could reveal any plot details, he replied: "I'm going back into the Street for a few episodes... I haven't seen the scripts and even if I could, you know I couldn't. But I have no idea. I suspect either I'm going to get killed, or..."

Show producers have revealed that a number of characters will lose their lives in December when a tram dramatically crashes on to the cobbles.

On whether Jim could be a victim, Lawson said: "I don't know. I suspect I've probably been in the frame for it - whether or not I'm going to be, I've no idea, to be honest with you, and if not I don't know what I'm going to do. But I'll be around for the 50th anniversary."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sundaypapers

casio4 wrote: »
    I like Norris they give him some good story lines, I think they should give him more now that Blanche is gone

Agreed. these quirky characters make the show - Reg Holdsworth, Roy Cropper, Norris... they have some of the best characterisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Former Coronation Street star Charles Lawson has announced that he will be returning to the soap later this year.

The actor confirmed that his alter ego Jim McDonald will be back on screens within the next few months and be part of the show's 50th anniversary episodes.

Lawson told PA that he is currently unaware of Jim's comeback storyline, but suspects there is a possibility that the character could be killed off.

Asked whether he could reveal any plot details, he replied: "I'm going back into the Street for a few episodes... I haven't seen the scripts and even if I could, you know I couldn't. But I have no idea. I suspect either I'm going to get killed, or..."

Show producers have revealed that a number of characters will lose their lives in December when a tram dramatically crashes on to the cobbles.

On whether Jim could be a victim, Lawson said: "I don't know. I suspect I've probably been in the frame for it - whether or not I'm going to be, I've no idea, to be honest with you, and if not I don't know what I'm going to do. But I'll be around for the 50th anniversary."

Will he try and get off with Becky like he did with Fiona?

Some classic Jim for those who have forgotten:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Jims coming back; thats great news so it is.
    syklops wrote: »
    Will he try and get off with Becky like he did with Fiona?

Catch yerself on! Becky has more class than that. Steven would be doing more than pushing him off scaffolding if he tried anything.

Elizabeth will be delighted to see him back; that wee girl still has a soft spot for old Jim.

Yer man Owen would want to be careful after seeing that with Vernon.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Jims coming back; thats great news so it is.

Catch yerself on! Becky has more class than that. Steven would be doing more than pushing him off scaffolding if he tried anything.

Elizabeth will be delighted to see him back; that wee girl still has a soft spot for old Jim.

Yer man Owen would want to be careful after seeing that with Vernon.

Spot on with the vernacular, Epicurus. Unless you're really Jim. emigrated to Cork :eek:

I'll tell ye this, and I'll tell ye no more.

• Advertisement

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/901310/Coronation-Street-suicide-plot-shock.html

CORRIE legend Jack Duckworth will beg his girlfriend to help him commit SUICIDE after being diagnosed with incurable cancer, we can reveal.

But shocked Connie Rathbone refuses to risk going to jail - so he moves out and back in with his "adopted" son Tyrone.

During Jack's last days he secretly carries out kind acts for his Street neighbours to make them happy.

The plot comes after actor Bill Tarmey, 69, announced in April he was quitting as Jack after 31 years to spend more time with his family.

Bosses planned to kill him off in December's tram crash, which will wipe out several characters. But he now dies soon afterwards of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - in a dramatic storyline that will fuel the national debate on assisted suicide.

An insider on the ITV soap said: "Bill's been such a huge part of the show for so long that we wanted to give him a fitting send-off."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Where is this Lewis storyline going?....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Alicat wrote: »
    Where is this Lewis storyline going?....

No idea. What was all of that with Deirdre for?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

^^
    Don't want to say as it hasn't happened yet but the Deirdre/bookies thing...it's all leading up to something!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Totally. A big setup....but for what? Every time Lewis comes on screen, I find my eyes subconsciously screwing up suspiciously :pac:

Alicat wrote: »
    Totally. A big setup....but for what? Every time Lewis comes on screen, I find my eyes subconsciously screwing up suspiciously :pac:

Your eyes will be back to normal in a few days;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

What was all of that with Deirdre for?

The poor fellow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

greenie wrote: »
    ^^
    Don't want to say as it hasn't happened yet but the Deirdre/bookies thing...it's all leading up to something!

Well he's already used Deirdre to con the bookies out of money.

iguana wrote: »
    Well he's already used Deirdre to con the bookies out of money.

Oooh did that happen today? I thought it was all happening towards the end of this week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oooh did that happen today? I thought it was all happening towards the end of this week.

The week before last. He "won" the money for his trip to Greece with Audrey by fooling Deirdre into leaving the bookies so he could manipulate the betting slips. Then last week he set himself up for a big accumulator.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    fooling Deirdre into leaving the bookies so he could manipulate the betting slips.

But didn't that only happen today...the 9th? The schedule says today not last week. And the whole thing comes to a head towards the end of this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

But didn't that only happen today...the 9th? The schedule says today not last week. And the whole thing comes to a head towards the end of this week...

He did it last week aswell, I don't remember the day though.

He did it last week aswell, I don't remember the day though.

Ah ok...I missed a couple of episodes & the spoilers just mentioned the once & that it was happening this week.

I thought Jack looked a poorly old thing in tonight's episode. Hope the actor (Bill) is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought Jack looked a poorly old thing in tonight's episode. Hope the actor (Bill) is OK.
    I thought Jack looked awful tonight too and thats with make-up on, imagine what he looks like without it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Do Audrey and Lewis still go to Greece then?

Do Audrey and Lewis still go to Greece then?

Call me a cynic but I reckon Lewis is about to elope with Audrey's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Call me a cynic but I reckon Lewis is about to elope with Audrey's money.

probably explains his adamant request for her not to sell the salon because he feels bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0810/coronationstreet2.html

Shocking exit storyline for Corrie's Jack?
    Tuesday 10 August 2010
    Corrie legend Jack Duckworth is reportedly set for a shock exit from the soap later this year. Warning Spoiler Alert!

Speculation mounts as to how Tarmey will leave the soap.
    According to reports, Jack will beg his girlfriend to help him take his own life after being diagnosed with cancer.

According to the News Of The World the dramatic storyline will occur later this year when Jack - played by actor Bill Tarmey - discovers he has deadly non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Rathbone will reportedly refuse to help him, resulting in him moving back in with Tyrone. It is claimed that Jack will later secretly carry out good deeds for his neighbours before dying from his illness.

A source told the paper: "Bill's been such a huge part of the show for so long that we wanted to give him a fitting send-off."

The report comes amid growing speculation as to how Tarmey will leave the soap.

Last week, it was claimed that his character will be killed in the show's upcoming tram crash.

• Advertisement

So perhaps the baggy eyes were make up for this scenario - hope so anyway. Bill deserves a happy retirement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement