Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Bill did look dreadful god love him, I don't think that was just make up done to make the character look sick. Hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Can't wait for tonight :D

Uh oh!
    Coronations Street's Deirdre Barlow is left with a face full of cake after a cat fight with Gail McIntyre tonight.
    The pair come to blows after Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) is exposed for sharing a kiss with crooked gigolo Lewis, played by Nigel Havers.
    And Gail (Helen Worth) lets rip in the ITV1 soap by flinging a cake at her, leaving her humiliated - covered in cream.

The tussle erupts on Coronation Street after Peter Barlow smells a rat over Lewis's winnings at the bookies.
    And rumbling his scam by watching the shop's CCTV footage, in which the kiss has been recorded, Peter and the Barlow clan head off to confront him.
    However as they pop round to Gail's to catch Lewis at his leaving party - prior to a move to Greece with Audrey (Sue Nicholls) - they find he has secretly sloped off.

He has also fled with £100,000 of Audrey's savings.
    And as the party guests also watch the CCTV footage to learn the full extent of his swindling, furious Gail lets fly.
    The climactic scenes, showing how Lewis has wrecked their lives, will be screened in two episodes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oh my God, this is going to be deadly!! I've been waiting for this all week! Deirdre's going to die of shame!:D

Hahahahahaha!:D Good enough for the silly woman. Did she ever in her life refuse an advance? 'I'll never regret the kiss Lewis'....:o Mortification!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that was brilliant:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

havent seen Coronation Street in a while but that was epic... the head on Ken..

article-0-0AC6CA16000005DC-240_468x286.jpgit gets better oooohhh the shame

article-0-0AC6CA1A000005DC-962_468x329.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Where's Harry Hill when you need him? :(

Oh imagine, wouldn't you die?!:o:o:o The way she said 'he seduced me Audrey, he seduced both of us' and that 'he couldn't care less about either of us'..For all she knows at this stage he may well have really loved Audrey. She'd love to think they meant the same to him. She started the flirting with him 1st anyway telling him that she'd pick a date with him quicker than poor old Ken. She really considers herself a real man magnet:rolleyes:.

I'm surprised Ken's putting his arms around her, I'd rub that bun around her hair and kick her up the a*se:mad:.

• Advertisement

Did Deirdre just say "pussy on a barge"?!!! :eek:

Deirdre says to Ken: "I bet you were with HEEER, on the Northfolk Broads".... lol
    I love the way that Ken and Deirdre are both openly looking for a better life, and end up just settling with each other..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

'HUSSY' ya dirty minded thing! :pac:

:D:D:D Durty Deirdre:eek:. Just heard that, I had to pause for a min to stick pizza in the oven, yeah she did say it.

Alicat wrote: »

I just rewound it again, yeah sorry, it was 'hussy':D:D:D

Poor, poor Audrey, her heart must be broken:(

Was Audrey lying about Lewis not getting away with the money from the account?

Alicat wrote: »

hmmm, I was a bit unsure when I first heard it as well. Those thousand cigarettes a day dont do anything for the clarity of her speech.

Loved the way Ken (having now pushed Deirdre off the high horse and re-straddled it himself) told her to get outside with the fag... :D

I must be getting deaf. I though Lewis just said 'maybe we should sit together, if you get spunk behind you, I'll hold your hand'. I played it three times but it still sounds like that.:o

I was wondering that too. Hope she wasn't:(. She's not a bad auld skin Audrey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ann22 wrote: »
    I was wondering that too. Hope she wasn't:(. She's not a bad auld skin Audrey.

She's too uppity at times. Her comment to Leanne and Rita the other night about the possibility of having to slum it in the flat above the salon.

Ann22 wrote: »
    'maybe we should sit together, if you get spunk behind you, I'll hold your hand'.

It sounds to me like you dubbed over the whole episode with Duuuuurrrrty words yourself... like the bit when I was expecting Jason to say "Liz, Can I have a half pint of Bitter".and he actually said "Liz I'm gonna bend you over the counter"..

yeah he's gone to Barbados with her £100,000 you could tell from the look on Audreys face when she got off the phone and told David and Gail he didn't get his hands on the money she was embarrassed to tell them the truth then after a while she said she didn't really want to go to Greece another lie to hide the embarrassment of what had happened. She left Gails quick enough to leg it home and see what else is gone he had a key so maybe her jewellery is gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Bah! I missed the second half of tonight's first episode. :(

Thank Heaven for endless repeats on ITV, ITV4, TV3 and TVe.

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah he's gone to Barbados with her £100,000 you could tell from the look on Audreys face when she got off the phone and told David and Gail he didn't get his hands on the money she was embarrassed to tell them the truth t

if it is true, then I think it was badly conveyed.. From what I saw, he had gone with the four grand but hadnt got Audrey's money.. which didnt make sense to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah he's gone to Barbados with her £100,000 you could tell from the look on Audreys face when she got off the phone and told David and Gail he didn't get his hands on the money she was embarrassed to tell them the truth then after a while she said she didn't really want to go to Greece another lie to hide the embarrassment of what had happened. She left Gails quick enough to leg it home and see what else is gone he had a key so maybe her jewellery is gone too

I thought she was telling the truth about the money...especially at the end where he left her a flower & the picture of both of them kissing which had 'I tried written on the back.
    It would be an odd thing to do if he had just stolen 100 grand from her:confused:

The woman he met at the airport seemed like a conwoman to me too...I wonder why they put tha scene in?

greenie wrote: »
    The woman he met at the airport seemed like a conwoman to me too...I wonder why they put tha scene in?

Nooooooooo. I think that scene was just to show that he had moved on to his next prey.... same smary, charming, confidence trickster routine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Nooooooooo. I think that scene was just to show that he had moved on to his next prey.... same smary, charming, confidence trickster routine.

But that doesn't make a huge amount of sense if he didn't bother taking Audrey's money.

It sounds to me like you dubbed over the whole episode with Duuuuurrrrty words yourself... like the bit when I was expecting Jason to say "Liz, Can I have a half pint of Bitter".and he actually said "Liz I'm gonna bend you over the counter"..

Hahahaha!:D

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    She's too uppity at times. Her comment to Leanne and Rita the other night about the possibility of having to slum it in the flat above the salon.

I missed that. Soap characters are prone to rising and falling in my estimation dramatically from week to week. I'll probably hate her with a passion by next week.
    You know, she married Alan Bradley actor. Remember him? Got run over by a tram booting it across the street in Blackpool after Rita? Yeah, he saw her under a cherry blossum tree at some kind of party and fell instantly in love.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement