Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Without looking back at other posts, the scene in the Rovers was scraping the barrel. A complete joke and what Paul said is 100% right, if it was said the opposite way around nobody bath an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Paul's a dck, he should've just said 'sorry, I didn't mean that the way it sounded'. I suspect Lloyd overreacted 'cos Jenna was watching and he wanted to be her hero. Whoever plays Jenna, is a terrible actress.

I'm glad Chesney picked Sinead. He made the right decision. I believe Katy cares about him and was choosing the easy way out of a difficult time alone with a baby but I can't see them together for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

I agree with Howjoe1, the once great show has become boring I think. Kid, kids and more coming it seems. Seeing David become again the evil twit hes played before in years past. Its like a rerun.
    I am sad to see Haley leave. I like a few of the new characters, the Tinkers. But the Owen/Armstrong/Price family members have have had so many story lines so quickly, it seems to have put the spotlight on them, not giving much time to more established and liked characters.
    Glad too see Craig get in a story line. How many times has Faye been the center of a story? Too many, nice too see another young cast member get a turn.
    When was the last time Amy was in a good story? Faye seem to be the young one who gets most of the attention. After Sunita died her kids got some for a bit.
    I feel like Faye has been forced upon us far to often and too much to quickly.
    Its not the actresses fault, that just how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Chucken wrote: »
    Do you have a different explanation then?

The first line from wikipedia is enough. The rest of the article is conjecture and speculation.

I said it from from when I first heard this storyline coming out, the whole thing is stupid.

Real life, which Corrie usually does a decent job of emulating would go:

Paul: <something old and offensive to some>
    Lloyd:"Paul, that offends me"
    Paul:"Sorry mate, didnt mean it that way"
    Lloyd:"No worries mate"
    Paul:"Pint?"
    Lloyd:"Love one"

The way it was done in Corrie:

Paul: <something old and offensive to some>
    Lloyd:"Paul, that offends me"
    Paul:"I've had a stressful week and so, I am not apologising"

Next thing you know its the talk of the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Paul didn't even know that Lloyd was there. It was not directed at him or Gemma and I fail to see how the comment referred to them.

Completely over the top from Lloyd.

"Calm down, calm down" was more offensive at it was clearly a play on his Liverpool accent whereas the other comment was made in general and is a general phrase.

But this is soap land and this is creating a storyline for a particular reason. Managed to take up a good 15 minutes of last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

But this is soap land and this is creating a storyline for a particular reason. Managed to take up a good 15 minutes of last night[/QUOTE]

I hope this silly story is not going to run for the next couple of months. If they wanted to do a story on racism they should have used a better story than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I think we're all in agreement that Pauls comment was a bit obscure (considering we had to look it up)

If the writers were going to cover racism, they could've picked a different phrase maybe? But then they'd be under fire for over doing it.

I agree he should have apologised straight away, but cant help wondering why he turned straight away to Lloyd and said 'oh I didnt see you there' (or something similar)

What if it turns out that he really is a big racist ;)

*Just playing devils advocate here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Saying that he didn't see Lloyd was stupid. Did he not see Jason or is it ok to say it in front of him. He expected Jason and Eileen to be on his side. Jason did not look at all impressed by the comment or Pauls attitude afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Some Spoilers
    Hayley only really went for a check up so she'd have leverage to make Roy go for one so she's more than a little surprised when her doctor calls her back with extra news.

Obviously being Hayley she tells Roy that everything is fine. But while he runs around with aromatherapy candles and extra cushions, she's hiding the fact that something is wrong. And when she goes back to the doctor, the medic tells her she has spotted a problem with her liver and wants to run some more tests.

And while Roy is reassured, Sylvia confronts Hayley and asks her why she’s been so jumpy of late. Hayley admits she’s being sent for further tests and she’s worried. With a concerned Sylvia covering for her, Hayley sets off for her ultrasound scan.

After the scan, the sonographer’s evasive and tells Hayley her doctor will be in touch. Calling at the medical centre Hayley finds out she has a blockage in her bile duct. As she demands the doctor tell her what that could mean, will Hayley’s worst fears be realised?

Also this week: Rob makes a massive bet on a horse at the bookies knowing that he'll push Peter to the limits if he wins. The men eyeball each other and Carla demands to know what is going on - but can she save Peter's skin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Saying that he didn't see Lloyd was stupid. Did he not see Jason or is it ok to say it in front of him. He expected Jason and Eileen to be on his side. Jason did not look at all impressed by the comment or Pauls attitude afterwards.

Jason looked and behaved liked he didn't understand what was happening tbf, poor dumb jock but he looks hot being dumb is forgiven :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hayley Cropper
    is to be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in moving scenes which will be
    screened next week (Monday, July 22).

Heart sorry to see Hayley leave in such tragic circumstances..Roy will be lost without her:(
    It must've already spread 'cos if the bile duct blockage is a tumour that's spread from her pancreas..it's not right beside it either- it's odd that she's mentioned no symptoms...the only mention of her health I noticed was her mentioning feeling tired the other week.Remember she was saying she was buying choc or buns or something for the lift the sugar would see her through the afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭jos28

Ann22 wrote: »
    Heart sorry to see Hayley leave in such tragic circumstances..Roy will be lost without her:(
    It must've already spread 'cos if the bile duct blockage is a tumour that's spread from her pancreas..it's not right beside it either- it's odd that she's mentioned no symptoms...the only mention of her health I noticed was her mentioning feeling tired the other week.Remember she was saying she was buying choc or buns or something for the lift the sugar would see her through the afternoon

So sorry to hear that, she is one of my favourite characters. Poor Roy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jos28 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that, she is one of my favourite characters. Poor Roy :(

This storyline is going to be heart breaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hold on what age is lyods daughter??? wtf are they going on like she's 12 years old ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

A V A wrote: »
    hold on what age is lyods daughter??? wtf are they going on like she's 12 years old ???

I was just thinking that!

Good girl Sophie.." who do you want to serve you? The Asian or the lesbian" :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

and lesbians arent a fcukin race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭jaffa20

15 years:eek: Feel old!

Tracy's constantly in the pub:confused:, night, noon and morning...what parent can do that, never mind a single one:confused:. Steve never has a scene with Amy either. A new actress playing her is on the cards I suspect.

Every so often they keep getting Deirdre to act like a silly, gossipy woman who loves her drink. Then we see a glimpse of the old sensible (ish) Deirdre who appeared briefly in talking to Peter.

I don't like the brown colour in Carla's hair. I prefered it jet black and glossy.

On a serious note...I'm going to be crying for months throughout this Roy, Hayley storyline. It's going to be absolutely heartbreaking:(. Remember Alma that time, then Mike Baldwin with Alzheimer's. Don't remember any other storylines where someone's been terminally ill. Just as well, there's enough of that around us in real life:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

On a serious note...I'm going to be crying for months throughout this Roy, Hayley storyline. It's going to be absolutely heartbreaking:(. Remember Alma that time, then Mike Baldwin with Alzheimer's. Don't remember any other storylines where someone's been terminally ill. Just as well, there's enough of that around us in real life:(.

Hayley is a lovely charachter alright, good actress too as is the guy who plays Roy. Should be heartbreaking either way, they are a very touching couple.

Alma passing away was very sad, but over the years the two most touching scenes for me in Corrie are these........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I don't like the brown colour in Carla's hair. I prefered it jet black and glossy.

Only you ladies could spot something like that...:D

I dont know about this racist issue, its a bit silly the way this is done on the show.Now racism is a serious issue and should be dealt with, but I think its just a token gesture in this particular case.

"DO YOU WANT THE ASIAN OR THE LESBIAN?".....:D:D

To my mind, Roy and Hayley have been the best couple ever in Corrie. They are played by two brilliant actors and Hayley will be sorely missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

To my mind, Roy and Hayley have been the best couple ever in Corrie. They are played by two brilliant actors and Hayley will be sorely missed.

I'd put them in 3rd place behind

1. Stan & Hilda
    2. Jack & Vera

;)

Red Kev wrote: »
    Hayley is a lovely charachter alright, good actress too as is the guy who plays Roy. Should be heartbreaking either way, they are a very touching couple.

Alma passing away was very sad, but over the years the two most touching scenes for me in Corrie are these........

God yeah, hard rending scenes there alright:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Red Kev wrote: »

You're after upsetting me now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

La_Gordy wrote: »
    You're after upsetting me now!!!
    I shed a tear just there!

why did I watch jacks goodbye again whyyyyyy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I KNOW, I KNOW. The dance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

With the current cast Roy and Haley are the best couple I think. Ken and Deirdre were very good too. If Haley leaves and Ken does not come back, will there really be a stable couple on Corrie anymore?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement