Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

lisaj wrote: »
    Peter is such a wet blanket.

He's a ride though!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭guernica

Is it weird that the nurse/doctor wouldn't tell Hayley what they're concerned about and why she has to have the cat scan? Anytime I've ever had any tests or investigations they've always told me the worst case scenario of what they're concerned about (which luckily didn't turn out to be the case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

guernica wrote: »
    Is it weird that the nurse/doctor wouldn't tell Hayley what they're concerned about and why she has to have the cat scan? Anytime I've ever had any tests or investigations they've always told me the worst case scenario of what they're concerned about (which luckily didn't turn out to be the case).
    My dad had to have a chest X-ray to "get a look at his lungs" and then when the dr rang me to tell me something showed up on his X-ray he had to have a cat scan to see more clearly, as "it could be just an infection".
    After the cat scan results came back it was "possibly a tumor" but at that stage they were pretty certain.

Cancer is a major major thing, and it's not something you'd say to someone, without being pretty sure, as the mental torment of that would be worse, tbh.

Cancer is a major major thing, and it's not something you'd say to someone, without being pretty sure, as the mental torment of that would be worse, tbh.

Suppose maybe it depends on the doctor because I had a massive swollen gland in my neck and the GP said 'I'm worried you have Hodgkin's disease' before any tests etc just from looking at it. So I knew what I was being tested for when he sent me to hospital.

Turned out it was just a massive swollen gland anyway in the end. And I was terrified but I would have been worrying anyway if he hadn't said it I'd say.

Anyway Hayley demanded to know at the end it seems. Scene between her and Sylvia was :(

Sorry I meant depends on the doc and/or the situation. Also I am stroppy and would demand to know what they were looking for :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The person doing the XRay/CT/MRI/ultrasound is not really supposed to discuss what they are seeing on a patient's scan. Of course experience probably means they know if something looks bad or not, but they're not supposed to comment either way.

Yeah I was thinking that after I posted alright, probably normal to refer back to GP. Poor Hayley!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

Not sorry to see Ryan go. He just wasn't a good actor, in my opinion, way too old. And his reinvented personality just didn't work for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

LizT wrote: »

thank fcuk ,dont know what they had him in the show for, was a waste of a character!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Good fekin riddance.

But how can you just receive an offer to be a DJ in Ibiza?.......??

Anything is possible in soapland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I wonder if they're bringing in some new characters soon, think of it ..
    In recent times

Ken, Kevin, Kirsty, Have left

Hayley, Tina, Brian, Ryan are supposed to be leaving

Todd is coming back

at this rate of going there'll be no characters left in the show.

Feel free to remind me of people I missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I wonder if they're bringing in some new characters soon, think of it ..
    In recent times

Ken, Kevin, Kirsty, Have left

Hayley, Tina, Brian, Ryan are supposed to be leaving

Todd is coming back

at this rate of going there'll be no characters left in the show.

Feel free to remind me of people I missed
    I thought Sarah and Bethany were coming back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

They'd need to fill gaps left by the soon to be leaving characters fairly soon, it takes a fair while before I care about new cast members. I usually find new families that join, a bit boring. Someimes they have overly dramatic entrances too..like 'oh no, here come the Battersbys'..:rolleyes: (Gail still says about Leanne..'well she is a Battersby'...well Gail, you're still a stupid mare with a silly affected childish voice and a crush on your son you irritating little wagon')and the Windassess weren't far behind them. Then they all settled down to be normal individuals:confused:.

Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) faces further troubles next month, when he gets a
    letter saying he will have to go to court about his under-strength
    spirits.

However, it is Leanne [Jane Danson) who faces more of a shock
    when she receives a letter asking if she knows where her husband was and who
    with on Christmas night.

Unaware that David (Jack P Shepherd) is
    secretly behind all this scheming, a troubled Leanne presses Nick for answers,
    wondering if something he did that night is behind this vendetta.

Still
    desperately trying to keep his one-night stand with Kylie under wraps, Nick is
    left terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ahhhh, I thought the Paul saga was over and done with!! It seems its not :rolleyes:

http://tv.uk.msn.com/soaps/coronation-street-spoilers-eileen-and-sally-clash

Jesus did you see the ad with them (Corrie and Emmerdale heads) doing Sonnet 18??! or did I dream it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The writing is getting sloppier and sloppier. No way on earth a trading standards inspector would behave like that and insist on carrying out a spirits test in the middle of a crowded premises. Brutal acting by your man as well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Poor Hayley. One of my all time favourite characters :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Aw man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

road_high wrote: »

Her voice is really nice!

I used to really love Blanche, but Sylvia is catching up with her for me.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stephanie Cole is glorious as Sylvia.

She can convey such emotion with the tiniest movement of her face. What a joy to have scenes with actors of the calibre of those that play Sylvia, Roy and Hayley - they leave the Rob/Tracy 'acting' in the dust.

I'm going to be in bits when Hayley dies :(

Superb acting tonight by Julie, David and Stephanie - aka Hayley, Roy and Sylvia. Such emotions in simple gestures. Also liked Carla better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Ann22 wrote: »
    well Gail, you're still a stupid mare with a silly affected childish voice and a crush on your son you irritating little wagon'.

bahahahahahahahahah:P
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) faces further troubles next month, when he gets a
    letter saying he will have to go to court about his under-strength
    spirits.

ok seriously why would he have to
    go to court over it if its not true- or
    did
    david water the spirits down
    and I missed it

And Leanne saying to Kylie "You like a drink" and she 7 months preg- she get a dig if it was me:mad:
    road_high wrote: »
    I'm going to be in bits when Hayley dies :(
    I actually cried tonight and I never cry at soaps:(
    Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I used to really love Blanche, but Sylvia is catching up with her for me.....

yea she is very good at what she does- thought she as an old bat when she 1st arrived but she comes out with some zingers like Blanche:)

guernica wrote: »
    Jesus did you see the ad with them (Corrie and Emmerdale heads) doing Sonnet 18??! or did I dream it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wasn't expecting that. Some a lot better than others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement