Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

thank god... now maybe he can kidnap faye

Speaking of which, has somebody kidnapped Rubaaaaaa and *whispers like Fiz* Baby Ope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has somebody kidnapped Rubaaaaaa and *whispers like Fiz* Baby Ope?

she must keep them in the cupboard when she's at work, also I havn't spotted Tyrone in a while did he go off with Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Wouldn't it make more sense to just send Ryan back to University?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The tears in Sylvias eyes drove me over the edge :(

When did Tracy stop working in the factory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Chucken wrote: »
    The tears in Sylvias eyes drove me over the edge :(

When did Tracy stop working in the factory?

Carla fired her after they found out she and Rob stole the silk.

LizT wrote: »
    Carla fired her after they found out she and Rob stole the silk.

Ahhh yes! I had forgotten that. I blame the sun, my brain is fried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ahhh yes! I had forgotten that. I blame the sun, my brain is fried :D

I can't watch corrie anymore...the Hayley/Roy story is just too much for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I'm surprised Carla didn't bring up the whole.. Hey Rob remember I didn't call the police when you tried to steal 20,000 pounds from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Inspector: It was an anonymous complaint
    Kylie: From who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_UWSdAwBzQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

If I was Nick I would be looking at CCTV, surely he has that behind the bar to see who was watering down his spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So Rob wins £35,000 in Peter's bookies. Peter pays him £1500, leaving £33,500 outstandiing.

To pay this off Rob wants the bookies for 6 months so that's £33,500 / 6 = £5,600 rent per month. In a backstreet in Manchester. Why the hell would anybody do that? Surely it's in Rob's interest to get the £33,500 off Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Red Kev wrote: »
    So Rob wins £35,000 in Peter's bookies. Peter pays him £1500, leaving £33,500 outstandiing.

To pay this off Rob wants the bookies for 6 months so that's £33,500 / 6 = £5,600 rent per month. In a backstreet in Manchester. Why the hell would anybody do that? Surely it's in Rob's interest to get the £33,500 off Peter?

Don't forget the original 500 pound stake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Red Kev wrote: »

They said Peter could just file for bankruptcy and they wouldn't ever see it. If only everyone could do that whenever they owed someone else money. The whole thing is so illogical and far-fetched.

Steven81 wrote: »
    If I was Nick I would be looking at CCTV, surely he has that behind the bar to see who was watering down his spirits.

Sure that didnt dawn on him when the flat got wrecked either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sure that didnt dawn on him when the flat got wrecked either.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

They said Peter could just file for bankruptcy and they wouldn't ever see it. If only everyone could do that whenever they owed someone else money. The whole thing is so illogical and far-fetched.

He can only file for bankruptcy after Rob officially asks him for £35,000. Then Rob (presuming Peter has no loans owed to the bank etc.) has first dibs on whatever assets Peter owns i.e. the bookies. Along with this most bookies are obliged to carry a form of insurance so that even though they go bust the gambler gets their cash back. Another Corrie story with massive holes in it.

If Peter sells the bookies that will include the flat he and Carla currently live in now and she has already sold her flashy apartment so will they move in with Deirdre and Eccles now :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Peter sells the bookies that will include the flat he and Carla currently live in now and she has already sold her flashy apartment so will they move in with Deirdre and Eccles now :P

He's not selling it, just renting it out.

Peter didn't look happy to be proposed to by Carla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that last shot at the end, of Hayley and Roy walking through the doors with her in her hospital gown wasn't nice but Roy holding her hand made it feel a bit better

massive holes in so many stories. Stella had a mortgage, but no insurance? Also CCTV camera's are unheard of. Also from the Kylie and Nick story, condoms must be available there either. Also in real life wouldn't someone have beat Tracey to a bloody pulp by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

massive holes in so many stories. Stella had a mortgage, but no insurance? Also CCTV camera's are unheard of. Also from the Kylie and Nick story, condoms must be available there either. Also in real life wouldn't someone have beat Tracey to a bloody pulp by now?

I have a mortgage and no insurance as I'm sure many people in Ireland today have. I don't think it's so far-fetched. Same with CCTV in pubs and restaurants. I doubt there are many places with it here. There are thoroughly unpleasant people in many communities, granted they get less opportunity to wreak havoc then Tracey does but they do their best but nobody beats them to a pulp much as they might like to because civilised behavior is ingrained in most people. I haven't seen much in soaps that I haven't seen mirrored or surpassed in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

stella had insurance they just wouldn't pay out i think because Sunita used the keys, i think they claimed stella was responsible for not checking all the keys were there.

as for Kylie and nick they didn't plan on sleeping together it just happened in the moment so clearly nether were thinking of contraception and its a good thing too or they would have ruined the storyline the writers planned for David! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What dafuq have they done to Annas character?!? She is scowling at Tim while he is telling Faye he has to go, all the while she wants him to leave. She's turned into a total b!tch.

I really hope Tim tells her that he's decided that Eoin threatening him, and her making him feel unwelcome isn't enough to make him leave and that he is staying and the next time Eoin acts the hard man he'll report him to the cops. Anna didn't know about that little chat so that should come as an unwelcome surprise.

God I hate Eoin. He's just a bully and I have no time for bullies. Really can't wait for him to threaten or bully the wrong guy and they knock him out. Shame they turned Jim McDonald into a pussy. 20 years ago Eoin would have been a stain on his brown Doc Martin.

Sick of the Paul storyline. The whole thing has been very mishandled in my opinion. As I said before, in real life, if teeny weeny Paul was real(which would be impossible because he is too small), it would go:

Paul:<something obscure and considered by some to be racist>
    Lloyd: "Oy mate, thats a racist thing to say and Ive got me daw-ter with me"
    Paul:"Is it? Sh!t, sorry mate, from where Im from thats a common phrase and it is in no way meant to mean anything racist. Can I buy you a drink?"
    Lloyd:"No worries mate. Yeah pint please"
    Paul:"Cheryl?"
    Lloyd:"Cheryl is me ex. This is Jenna, me daw-ter"
    Paul:"Oh sorry, all black people look the same to me"
    Lloyd:"Wha?!?"
    Paul:"Just kidding! hehe!"
    Lloyd:"What a joker! hehe"
    Also from the Kylie and Nick story, condoms must be available there either.

Last time I checked condoms werent available in the minibar in a hotel room. It was a heat of the moment thing, which is very common in this day and age and not at all unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

syklops wrote: »
    Last time I checked condoms werent available in the minibar in a hotel room. It was a heat of the moment thing, which is very common in this day and age and not at all unrealistic.

If I was cheating on my partner and couldn't find a condom it'd be tv and minibar peanuts in bed for the night, never bought this whole "heat of the moment" thing. Such a cop out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If I was cheating on my partner and couldn't find a condom it'd be tv and minibar peanuts in bed for the night, never bought this whole "heat of the moment" thing. Such a cop out!

Well obviously you are very sensible but if heat of the moment sex didn't happen in real life there would be a lot less unplanned children in the world.

"They do their best but nobody beats them to a pulp much as they might like to because civilized behavior is ingrained in most people." I know a few English people who do not rise to this standard unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

tumblr_mqavhfKvFf1sb4ullo1_250.jpg

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    tumblr_mqavhfKvFf1sb4ullo1_250.jpg

My eyes!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement