Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Durty Deirdre:eek:. Just heard that, I had to pause for a min to stick pizza in the oven, yeah she did say it.

PIZZA ? CORRIE ? What a picture of decadence that conjures up in your house of a Friday night. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Seriously though, I dont get it either.. Can anybody confirm if he a) got the money from Audrey's account or b) didnt take the money from Audrey's account (and why)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

He could have taken the money but decided not to... I think...:)

2 Questions...:

1. Why are factory workers who operate potentially dangerous machinery allowed to drink alcohol at lunchtime in the Rovers and,

2. How could David be a fully qualified Stylist in two weeks time...???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

He could have taken the money but decided not to... I think...:)

2 Questions...:

1. Why are factory workers who operate potentially dangerous machinery allowed to drink alcohol at lunchtime in the Rovers and,

2. How could David be a fully qualified Stylist in two weeks time...???

I often wondered that about them heading to the pub at lunchtime.My friend worked in London for a while, she said they all went to the pub during lunchbreaks. She didn't really drink when she started working there. One of the first times she went with them she was hammered! She could barely see straight, couldn't type properly and was dropping stuff on the floor and taking half an hour to pick it up:D.

I'd never get away with it in my job :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rosie beds Jason

David tries to kill Graeme

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh ffs :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The Demon Barber of Weatherfield...;)

Quick question; do Sally and Kevin know that Sophie and Sian are a couple?

I know they were kind of sneaking around, and they started kissing after Sally left the room, etc.

I read that Sophie was going to tell her parents around the time that Sally came back. What happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Quick question; do Sally and Kevin know that Sophie and Sian are a couple?

I know they were kind of sneaking around, and they started kissing after Sally left the room, etc.

I read that Sophie was going to tell her parents around the time that Sally came back. What happened?

Not yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sian asked her not to.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rosie beds Jason

So it seems that Weatherfield's Finest are about to be called into action yet again. The world's worst police force - corrupt, lazy, incompetent. Don't the Corrie writers ever do any research ? Erm - yes, it seems they do. :eek:
    David is no more qualified to whack Graeme than he is to do a set of highlights - can't he get his mother to do it ?

And another thing - did they pour the concrete on top of Colin Fishstick ? I missed the episode. Obviously Charlotte will spill the beans on Stipe at some stage, but will they have to jackhammer the factory floor up again ? It's such a worry.

Was Peter always such a wankstain?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I love the way that Ken and Deirdre are both openly looking for a better life, and end up just settling with each other..

+1
    yes this is such a true to life scenario i would imagine......long marriage, too old or weary to leave, so just settle while seething and dreaming of the green grass on the other side. but having no problem in knowing your hub/wife feels the same. i'd say there is a lot of it about !!! i know of a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oliverdog wrote: »
    And another thing - did they pour the concrete on top of Colin Fishstick ? I missed the episode. Obviously Charlotte will spill the beans on Stipe at some stage, but will they have to jackhammer the factory floor up again ? It's such a worry.

Yeah John came back the next day to move the body and found the floor had been concreted in with Colin underneath. No idea how the builders didn't spot a questionable rolled up rug in the bottom of the pit though :D

If they suspect it then they'd have to dig up the floor. Are you worried that the factory girls will be out of a job for a bit if they have to investigate the factory? :D

Cathooo wrote: »
    Yeah John came back the next day to move the body and found the floor had been concreted in with Colin underneath. No idea how the builders didn't spot a questionable rolled up rug in the bottom of the pit though :D

If they suspect it then they'd have to dig up the floor. Are you worried that the factory girls will be out of a job for a bit if they have to investigate the factory? :D

Perhaps Colin wasn't dead after all and he climbed out of the hole taking the rug with him and has now gone into hiding. He'll show up for the 50th.

This is only one of the worries I have at the moment. I know what's going to happen to Natasha and this is causing me untold grief too.
    A few weeks ago, I found myself muttering (out loud) "Oh, I can't take this programme seriously any more." :mad:
    I need a long holiday.

iguana wrote: »
    Perhaps Colin wasn't dead after all and he climbed out of the hole taking the rug with him and has now gone into hiding. He'll show up for the 50th.

I can just imagine him still wrapped up in the carpet, hopping around Manchester, and all you can hear is his muffled ramblings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

John needs a job; no doubt the Rovers will urgently need bar staff tomorrow.

But gets hit by the tram before he has a chance to say anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Now this made me laugh!!
    Johnny Briggs has warned the cast of Coronation Street that anyone could die in the upcoming tram crash.

The actor - who played Mike Baldwin - told The Sun that none of the soap's actors should risk asking for a pay rise in the next few months.

"They'll get rid of anyone who asks!" he claimed.

"You can't predict who will go - it could be anyone," he added. "They seem to get rid of people right left and centre."

Speaking at the launch of the new Corrie! stage play, Briggs claimed that the show needs to "listen to the fans".

He continued: "Give them a bit of what they want, but leave them wanting a bit more.

"But sadly TV doesn't work like that. Producers give fans what they want them to have, so I don't know if everyone will be happy at Christmas."

He added: "When I worked there you got paid per episode so older cast members on more money might get used less!"

Producer Phil Collinson recently admitted that there would be "surprise exits" from the Weatherfield soap later this year.

Is the new doctor going to be a regular character? He was nice, although there was one huge problem with him. He seemed like such a normal, decent person he showed NewNick up for the personality blackhole that he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Is the new doctor going to be a regular character? He was nice, although there was one huge problem with him. He seemed like such a normal, decent person he showed NewNick up for the personality blackhole that he is.

Was he in another soap before. Looks kind of familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Was he in another soap before. Looks kind of familiar.

He does look familiar....and hawt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

He'll be the new hearthrob of the street. A new love interest for Maria? I'd forgotten how annoying and whinney her voice is and she does a tiny little grunt after every sentence. I can't really explain it better than that.

She's Mancunian, I'm afraid. Listen to Fiz, with the spare vowel sound at the end of words - like No(wah).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

the actor that plays chesney has such an unfortunate nose lol

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Regarding the Tram storyline for the 50th anniversary, I have found out that:
    Janice will be leaving after the 50th anniversary
    Sean has just signed a new contract so it's doubtful he will killed
    Michelle Connor will "survive tram crash" (quoted by producers of the show)

Kym Marsh will remain in Coronation Street, as her character survives the upcoming tram crash, a report has suggested.

The Sun claims that producer Phil Collinson has decided not to kill off Michelle Connor in the 50th anniversary plot.

Instead, the character will soon find a new job - working for sister-in-law Carla Connor (Alison King). The hiring comes about after the Underworld boss is impressed by Michelle's idea for a T-shirt with changeable slogans. However, she also receives a job offer from Nick Tilsley, who wants her to work in his new bar.

"Michelle wants to get out of the Rovers and Carla needs new blood," an insider told the paper. "Michelle really enjoys turning Nick down."

They added: "She says he can't afford her and she's not swapping one lot of drunks for another."

Collinson previously revealed the plot to DS, saying that it would be "exciting" to have Carla and Michelle running the factory.

Marsh previously admitted that she hoped she would survive the crash, which will reportedly claim several lives.

I didn't know Nick was opening a bar. Obviously down the line, Carla and Nick fall out for good and he opens the bar that Peter and Leanne previously opened..

Cookie33 wrote: »
    I didn't know Nick was opening a bar. Obviously down the line, Carla and Nick fall out for good and he opens the bar that Peter and Leanne previously opened..

Which is built into the viaduct which the tram runs over and is supposed to collapse causing the crash. So I guess some dodgy building work during the preparations will mean it won't be able to withstand the weight of the tram anymore and it will cave in. This will probably happen during the big opening of NewNick's bar while most of the residents are inside.

• Advertisement

Which is built into the viaduct which the tram runs over and is supposed to collapse causing the crash. So I guess some dodgy building work during the preparations will mean it won't be able to withstand the weight of the tram anymore and it will cave in. This will probably happen during the big opening of NewNick's bar while most of the residents are inside.

Why do I have a feeling that Owen will be involved?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement