Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

ok right if you could be a character on the street what would you want your character to be, and their main storyline.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

syklops wrote: »
    Tonights episode thus far has been farcical.

Utter tripe to say the least

Why wasn't Paul the victim of the fire instead of the unknown female? Would have saved us a lot of this tripe and Eileen could hold her head up high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ok right if you could be a character on the street what would you want your character to be, and their main storyline.....

Not sure now is a good time for such a debate.
    Utter tripe to say the least

Corrie has always been complimented on its ability to portray real life stories. Recent episodes have been more like Lost than Corrie. Sophie the vindictive christian lesbian.

I would have thought, normally, the cops would side with the fireman out of professional respect, and when the black(or mildly brown) "victim" says he doesn't want to press charges, then everything would be dropped.

Why wasn't Paul the victim of the fire instead of the unknown female? Would have saved us a lot of this tripe and Eileen could hold her head up high.

To be honest, this storyline has turned from a racism storyline into how to assassinate someones character in 5 easy steps.

Step 1 is easier if the guy is an idiot, but most people are from time to time.

Looks like Gar-eh has turned into Psycho-Gar-eh again.

Edit: Was the cop in Corrie before? Did he have a fling with Janis Battersby?

• Advertisement

Izzy run, run for your life, Gary looks near to blowing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

First time the entire episode made me cringe.
    How long do they intend to go on Paul's 'racism story'?
    Is it all because 2 actors are out of Corrie? If so I'm already dreading Wednesday...

Lloyd acting daft now. Walking out of the pub after a tiff.

Lol. Steve: Short men?

Eilen 'what do all my relationships have in common?'

Steve 'small men '

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Eileen I think the answers "Men" maybe you should swing the other way and go after Sophie.... imagine what Sally would say about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The tension that little baby must be feeling :(

Chucken wrote: »
    The tension that little baby must be feeling :(

Ive not been in that particular situation, but I have been in plenty of "as the bloke, Im currently redundant situations", mostly funerals, births etc. They can be irritating, but I busy myself with making sure everyone has a topped up cup of tea, the kettle is boiled and everyone has a biscuit. If you actually listened to the conversation, of course you would go mad. Gar-reh is either thick or thoroughly damaged.

Least enjoyable Corrie in a very long time. The Paul thing is overdue to end, and I can see now that it will end with Pauls departure. As Ann22 said, that grand gesture in the train station was all for nothing. Doesn't say much for grand gestures.

9.02 and still no sign of the news at nine. The license fee is money well spent.

Ive not been in that particular situation, but I have been in plenty of "as the bloke, Im currently redundant situations", mostly funerals, births etc. They can be irritating, but I busy myself with making sure everyone has a topped up cup of tea, the kettle is boiled and everyone has a biscuit. If you actually listened to the conversation, of course you would go mad. Gar-reh is either thick or thoroughly damaged.

Least enjoyable Corrie in a very long time. The Paul thing is overdue to end, and I can see now that it will end with Pauls departure. As Ann22 said, that grand gesture in the train station was all for nothing. Doesn't say much for grand gestures.

9.02 and still no sign of the news at nine. The license fee is money well spent.

Yep, that just about describes him.

Yep, that just about describes him.

Surely most men know when the baby comes they become redundant for the mothers in law, sisters, cousins, nozy old dears from two doors down, etc. Just get on with it! Dont get all hurt over it. He has control freak written all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Jesus Gary, it's a top and four legs, I'd say as a handyman you could do alright even without the instructions. I give him too much credit it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My blood's boiling here.. Gareh made no effort whatsoever with the baby when Fizz and all were there. Just sitting there motionless with the little thing lying flat on it's back in his arms and it roaring. Lift it and carry it about Gareh you absolute idiot! What's up with them two, he's a nutter and she's so relaxed it's not natural...see earlier on the child was roaring, here comes Izzy with the bottle, she waves it about and plonks it into the cot....wtf? Was she expecting the child to feed himself? How she can listen to Gareh being an ashole without smacking him:mad:??

See Eileen earlier on in the scene when she was fighting with Sophie and Sally?? She's in a right temper yet she ambles off really slowly...like a sloth or something..she really should've marched off in a temper..took her half an hour to cross the road. Dunno how they got her to run/clump after the train that time. Big, slow Eileen and tiny ferrety Paul...what goes on in their leaba I wonder....I'd say he skiters all over her body like an ant on a cupcake:).

That was an awful thing Sophie did, ringing to complain. I wonder if she explained on the phone what happened? Probably not, it sounds petty. It was a total overreaction on her part to do that. I can't stand her..silly cow. She's a Christ-ee-ann when it suits her:(. She only did it to impress her silly faced, goggly eyed girlfriend anyway:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chucken wrote: »
    I've fought with him over paint that needed doing :D

Gary feeling all left out I think....

:eek: The colour of Katie!

She was well tangoed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Surely most men know when the baby comes they become redundant for the mothers in law, sisters, cousins, nozy old dears from two doors down, etc. Just get on with it! Dont get all hurt over it. He has control freak written all over him.

To be fair, the neighbours and family could have given them some space, especially Sean, Beth & Fizz. I mean the baby was touch and go for several weeks after it was born, it's Izzy and Gary's first day at home with him and half the Street wants a poke. I'd politely tell them at the door that we don't want any visitors for a few days.
    Ann22 wrote: »
    That was an awful thing Sophie did, ringing to complain. I wonder if she explained on the phone what happened? Probably not, it sounds petty. It was a total overreaction on her part to do that. I can't stand her..silly cow. She's a Christ-ee-ann when it suits her:(. She only did it to impress her silly faced, goggly eyed girlfriend anyway:mad:.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with the annonoymus complaint, normally Sophie would have to make a full statement to the Fire Brigade for it to go further. She should now go down to them and tell them it was a hoax and the whole thing will be dropped. Of course Paul has an assault charge to deal with now so I guess he'll have to move away.

......And Sally...."Leave her alone, she's only a child" :confused::mad::mad::mad: Yeah right Sally.

Red Kev wrote: »
    To be fair, the neighbours and family could have given them some space, especially Sean, Beth & Fizz. I mean the baby was touch and go for several weeks after it was born, it's Izzy and Gary's first day at home with him and half the Street wants a poke. I'd politely tell them at the door that we don't want any visitors for a few days.

Gar-reh's important contribution occurred about 9 months ago. From then on he should get used to playing second or third fiddle.His son has been in an incubator and wants to bond with him, understandably, but ..ah feck it. With the quality of writing recently, it doesnt deserve defence.

In real life Fizz and Beth and Sean would have been in for 5 minutes to see the baby, and then gone home because its the first night the baby is home, not enough time for Gar-reh to get annoyed, instead, because corrie writers seem to think we are all goldfish and cant remember anything after more than 3 seconds, they have to point out us that Gareh has issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Big, slow Eileen and tiny ferrety Paul...what goes on in their leaba I wonder....I'd say he skiters all over her body like an ant on a cupcake:).

Ah jeez Ann, did you have to plant that image in my mind?..Yuk.I wont be able to sleep now with that image:D

......And Sally...."Leave her alone, she's only a child" :confused::mad::mad::mad: Yeah right Sally.

Yeah did you ever hear such rubbish coming out of Sally's mouth.She really cant see dont want to see that her precise da...her could do any wrong :rolleyes:.Well physically she is a woman, but mentally she is a child, stupid girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Big, slow Eileen and tiny ferrety Paul...what goes on in their leaba I wonder....I'd say he skiters all over her body like an ant on a cupcake:).
    *shudder*

:(

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah did you ever hear such rubbish coming out of Sally's mouth..

To be honest, I have Jimmy, I have heard such rubbish from Sally.

I hadn't the will left in me to watch the second episode after the crap that was the first episode. Please, please let one of Streetcabs drive over Jenna soon, she is one of the worst actresses that have ever graced the set of corrie. To (sort of) quote Rapunzel " Worst. Actress. Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I hadn't the will left in me to watch the second episode after the crap that was the first episode. Please, please let one of Streetcabs drive over Jenna soon, she is one of the worst actresses that have ever graced the set of corrie. To (sort of) quote Rapunzel " Worst. Actress. Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Jenna is half the reason for this whole shambles. Paul apologised to her in the street but she wasn't interested in listening, he grabbed her arm(foolish) and that kicked off another spat with him and Lloyd, but Jenna then 'forgot' that Paul apologised whilst everyone else is bemoaning the fact the Paul won't apologise.

This whole plot... It was stupid to start with, then it was very badly written. Just end it already.

Real life:

Lloyd: I don't want to press charges or anything, it was just a disagreement over something stupid.
    Cop: Right oh! We'll go check and make sure Fireman Sam feels the same way but presumably we will leave it at that.

Corrie last night:
    Lloyd: I don't want to press charges or anything, it was just a disagreement over something stupid.
    Cop: Well theres a new sherriff in town, a sheriff who doesn't mind filling out stacks of paperwork for a spat in the street. A new kind of cop with powers to arrest and execute. Judge Dredd meets Judge Judy. But he's a cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

This whole plot... It was stupid to start with, then it was very badly written. Just end it already.

Real life:

Cop: Right oh! We'll go check and make sure Fireman Sam feels the same way but presumably we will leave it at that.

Corrie last night:
    Cop: Well theres a new sherriff in town, a sheriff who doesn't mind filling out stacks of paperwork for a spat in the street. A new kind of cop with powers to arrest and execute. Judge Dredd meets Judge Judy. But he's a cop.

More like this in real life

Cop 1: Look - two lads beating the ****e out of each other.
    Cop 2: I don't do domestics - oh ...a chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Real life:

Corrie last night:

Not really, cops (or DPP etc)can prosecute even where a person is unwilling. There is the possibility that there is intimidation behind the scenes.

Happens very often in domestic abuse cases, he (for arguments sake) beats her up, she ends up in hospital but won't press charges as she knows she'll get a proper beating when she gets home. In fact the justice system were usually too slow in days gone by to take any action where a victim wanted to "drop charges". It's up to the cops in this situation to get the evidence and statements and up to the judge to decide what to do with that evidence. Cops just doing their job here.

Anyway Paul is charged with a public disorder offence which means they are probably not going to take the issue with Lloyd any further but instead do Paul (and probably Lloyd) with acting the bolleex in a public place.

Coronation Street star John Michie has confirmed that his character Karl Munro won't be killed off.

Time is running out for Karl as Michie has already filmed his final scenes in the role and is expected to bow out on screen in September.

Karl is still hiding the fact that he started the Rovers Return fire and killed Sunita Alahan. However, his final weeks on screen will see him find it extremely difficult to continue keeping the truth under wraps.

Michie told TV Times: "It's quite short and intense - a month of Karl ducking and diving, trying not to get caught.

"I think the writers have got his exit just right. He doesn't die, which is good. You never know, in a couple of years he might come back. I don't believe in closing any doors."

The main problem for Karl will come in the form of schoolboy Craig Tinker (Colson Smith), who knows more about the pub blaze than anyone thought.

Michie explained: "Karl was starting to think he'd got away with it, until Craig comes up with this annoying fact which plunges him straight back into the jungle of madness. He feels he can control this kid, at least for a period of time.

"Karl will do anything to get his prize, which is Stella, so Craig had better watch out. I know I've always said that Karl is no killer, but he's starting to go slightly mad now."

Michie already has his next project lined up as he has joined the cast of BBC One's Holby City.

Not really, cops (or DPP etc)can prosecute even where a person is unwilling. There is the possibility that there is intimidation behind the scenes.

Happens very often in domestic abuse cases, he (for arguments sake) beats her up, she ends up in hospital but won't press charges as she knows she'll get a proper beating when she gets home. In fact the justice system were usually too slow in days gone by to take any action where a victim wanted to "drop charges". It's up to the cops in this situation to get the evidence and statements and up to the judge to decide what to do with that evidence. Cops just doing their job here.

Anyway Paul is charged with a public disorder offence which means they are probably not going to take the issue with Lloyd any further but instead do Paul (and probably Lloyd) with acting the bolleex in a public place.

I didn't say cops can't prosecute when the other person doesn't want to press charges, I said most cops wouldn't be bothered. Especially if they discovered that he was also a member of the emergency services.

Before Paul leaves, let him go on a rampage killing Lloyd, Jenna, Sophie, Sally and Mandy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why Lloyd?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement