Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

efb wrote: »
    Why Lloyd?

I don't find the character of Lloyd remotely interesting or fun tbh and this farcical racism storyline hasn't helped the character appeal to me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Before Paul leaves, let him go on a rampage killing Lloyd, Jenna, Sophie, Sally and Mandy

... Before joining the dr, Tommy and Jason for a reanactment of the full monty

Or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Before Paul leaves, let him go on a rampage killing Lloyd, Jenna, Sophie, Sally and Mandy

You forgot Tracy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And snot child

PS: who's Mandy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I meant to ask in my earlier rant...why are we continually exposed to Rob and Tracy slurping all over each other's faces??? I can't stand either of them...and I hate any of their scenes.. She's just awful, she has an over expressive face (Rawsie Webster was also an offender:()..to me, that's a sign of a bad actor. If you can't show it in your eyes...pulling faces, exaggerated rolling of eyes, narrowing eyes or curling your lip is for theatre.

I also think David seriously overdoes the evil looks, (although I can tolerate him a bit better because otherwise he acts well), like imagine you were a total stranger in Nick's bar place (wtf's the name of it:confused:?) and you spot David giving Nick the evils.....you'd think he was an escaped mental patient.

Characters I'd kill off:-
    Anna
    Snot child
    Chesney
    Sally
    Nick
    Paul
    Karl
    Eva
    (I'm keeping Gail as Eileen's punchbag)

And snot child

Who is snot child:D?? Which one of the abhorrant little tykes are you referring to? (My guess is Faye)

My hubbie calls snottery people 'Snotty Olivers'-I don't know where he gets it from but it never ceases to amuse me:)

Anna's adopted daughter

Anna's adopted daughter

Yeah...that's Faye:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

the Webster's (Sally and Sophie) are not very interesting. I hope the writers are not having Sophie follow in Sally's foot step when it come to putting her nose where is doesn't belong.

What going on with Haley is sad. Most other stories right now have been drawn out for so long I have lost interest. Wish we would find out what Craig knows about the fire.

As for Stella getting hitched, her character has been so stupid and such a door mat that I don't care. I do hope what Karl did does come out, if only for Jason's sake. Then he can have the last laugh on Stella dumping him for a killer.

Tracey has always been lazy. I can't really see her running a business full time. Let alone running a business, working and being a mom? I suppose Amy is to young to get a DJ job and move to Ibiza?

PS: who's Mandy?

Jenna's mother who works in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

JP Liz V1 has a point. If Paul killed off Loyd, Jenna, Sophie, Sally and Mandy before he left, it would far more interesting that anything I've seen on Corrie in a while.

the Webster's (Sally and Sophie) are not very interesting. I hope the writers are not having Sophie follow in Sally's foot step when it come to putting her nose where is doesn't belong.

What going on with Haley is sad. Most other stories right now have been drawn out for so long I have lost interest. Wish we would find out what Craig knows about the fire.

As for Stella getting hitched, her character has been so stupid and such a door mat that I don't care. I do hope what Karl did does come out, if only for Jason's sake. Then he can have the last laugh on Stella dumping him for a killer.

Tracey has always been lazy. I can't really see her running a business full time. Let alone running a business, working and being a mom? I suppose Amy is to young to get a DJ job and move to Ibiza?

I had totally forgotten that R Craig knew anything about the fire....nobody ever mentions Sunita either anymore - not that I'm worried...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Jenna's mother who works in the pub

Worst actor and character in Corrie. Even worse than Jenna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Both are pretty bad. Everytime I see Lloyd with Jenna, I think he should be with her, not her Ma. After Cheryl, it seems like the logical result. That would be a shocking storyline. Newly outed lesbian, dumps teenage lover for her Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Whats this whole business with Paul that they all think hes a racist?

Kaching wrote: »
    Whats this whole business with Paul that they all think hes a racist?

He said, during a darts game with Stevo "Play the white man" just as Floyd and Janna walked in to the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Remember when Dev used to be the worst actor?

dev-liar.jpg

Some of the cast in it now make him look like Laurence Olivier!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I know I've come late to the party but just watching the last two episodes that I recorded.

Picking the fecking child up, Gareh, would be a start! I'm gobsmacked that the taxi driver at the hospital didn't just drive off with the amount of time it took them to get the baby into the car. I hope they got charged for it. I hate the way they're portraying the new parents. Izzie seemingly knowing exactly what the baby needs when it cries and Gareh at a loss. Do what the rest of us had to do with a brand new baby and didn't yet have a clue what it needed... everything. If he doesn't stop sulking and pulling faces I'm going round there and knocking some sense into him although I'll give him a chance to knock Izzie into the middle of next week first.

I'd like to punch Sophie to a pulp and that stupid Jenna or whatever her name is... when Sophie told her what she'd done the first thing she should have done was go and tell that lamebrain Lloyd or maybe the second thing after flooring Sophie. Then instead of trying to pour a bit of oil on troubled waters she completely stirs it up again when talking to the cop. Her mother is the only half-way normal one.

Jason can't talk about being prejudiced and over-reacting. Has he forgotten Todd coming out.

I love Steve and Eileen's relationship. They're great together whether backing up for or taking the piss out of each other.

Leanne is the only one I can stand at the moment.

The less said about David Onionhead Platt the better.

Just now the baby stopped whinging when Gareh and Izzie were 'shouting' at each other. Take note, Gareh.... keep up the yelling and the baby will be nice and quiet.

Eileen dearie, the reason your relationships are all bad and this one is joining the long list is because you're a twat. You've been on Paul's case since the whole racist thing began. Not once have you patted him sympathetically on the back even if it choked you to do it.

I love when the characters annoy me.

• Advertisement

Coronation Street actress Pamela Nomvete has left the soap.

Nomvete, who played Mandy Kamara, announced the news on her Twitter page today (July 31) after a fan congratulated her for reaching the one-year mark on the show.

Her on-screen daughter Krissi Bohn (Jenna) also discussed the news, tweeting: "I miss you @Pamelanomvete. Can't believe it was only a year ago we met!"

Mandy is expected to bow out on screen next month following some troubled times for her relationship with Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles).

A Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Pamela's departure from the show is storyline-led and there's nothing to say that Mandy won't return to the Street in the future with familial ties remaining in Weatherfield."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Well she didn't stick around for long. Would prefer Jenna to leave tbh.

Hope she brings her daughter with her. She could ride out of town on a firetruck - driven by Pointless Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Coronation Street actress Pamela Nomvete has left the soap.

Nomvete, who played Mandy Kamara, announced the news on her Twitter page today (July 31) after a fan congratulated her for reaching the one-year mark on the show.

Her on-screen daughter Krissi Bohn (Jenna) also discussed the news, tweeting: "I miss you @Pamelanomvete. Can't believe it was only a year ago we met!"

Mandy is expected to bow out on screen next month following some troubled times for her relationship with Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles).

A Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Pamela's departure from the show is storyline-led and there's nothing to say that Mandy won't return to the Street in the future with familial ties remaining in Weatherfield."

Yipee!!!!:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

mb1725 wrote: »
    Remember when Dev used to be the worst actor?

dev-liar.jpg

Some of the cast in it now make him look like Laurence Olivier!

:D

Lol.

At least Dev is funny. Jenna and Mandy don't bring anything to the show. Really hope they get rid of Jenna soon. She overreacts to everything and is a terrible actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:D Steve does a brilliant Jim...so he does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Whoever is doing writing for corrie this month/year is not doing best job. I understand they lost 2 actors but that shouldn't wreck the entire show!
    There's talk about some dramatic events next week or so and I hope it will improve cause right now there's not a single plot that's not annoying or boring at most. And judging by other posts most of you agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

according to peter builders should start at 10a.m and finish at 3.30pm?

Chucken wrote: »
    :D Steve does a brilliant Jim...so he does!

"Wee lad would want ta catch himself oooooonnnnnnnnn, so he would" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

jjf1974 wrote: »
    according to peter builders should start at 10a.m and finish at 3.30pm?

He was being sarcastic.

The new parents drinking beer and the baby only just home..marvelous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement