Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Aseth wrote: »
    Whoever is doing writing for corrie this month/year is not doing best job. I understand they lost 2 actors but that shouldn't wreck the entire show!
    There's talk about some dramatic events next week or so and I hope it will improve cause right now there's not a single plot that's not annoying or boring at most. And judging by other posts most of you agree.

If I missed corrie now it would not bother me in the slightest .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The length of time that paul had the iron on the shirt would not cause it to burn......doh!

Steve's impression of Jim was good.......:p.

Sof-fee is annoying me, grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Corrie is gone to the dogs can't remember the last time I watched a full episode- tonight was bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rob the Builder :P well I laughed at that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Gail: I can't cook a chicken midweek, it'll put me all out of kilter. WTF! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Karl Munro will kidnap Stella Price and Dev Alahan in an upcoming
    storyline.

The Weatherfield murderer, played by John Michie, takes
    desperate measures after his secrets are exposed and goes back to the scene of
    his crime, the Rovers cellar, for his next plot.

According to the
    Daily Star, Stella (Michelle Collins) is shocked after finding out about Karl
    and Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) realises Karl killed his wife Sunita.

After Karl takes them both hostage, Stella screams at him: "Come on Karl, he (Dev) might be dying." However, Karl's only worry is that Stella will leave him.

Stella tries to talk Karl out of harming her and Dev, saying: "I know the sacrifices you made. This is all a mess. The question is, how do we clear it up?"

Karl actor Michie recently confirmed that his character won't be killed off, saying that he could return after his upcoming exit.

The star is expected to bow out on screen in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Chucken wrote: »
    He was being sarcastic.

The new parents drinking beer and the baby only just home..marvelous!

Yeah even my 10 yr old daughter thought it was wrong them having a beer with new baby to look after. Especially a baby just out of the hospital after been so early and having major problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is it just me or is Gary the most self centred impatient toolbag (pun intended) to walk the earth ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

MugMugs wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Gary the most self centred impatient toolbag (pun intended) to walk the earth ?

I think that's a kind description of him myself . . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wonder if the Gary and Izzie storyline is a comment on surrogate pregnancies. For 9 months they sat around drinking tea(or beer), and then were finally handed a baby to look after and they, mainly Gary, are now finding it a little bit difficult. They didnt have the morning sickness, or the labour pains or the needing to pee every 5 minutes. They didnt even save up for 6 months to be able to afford the treatment. They're not as invested as Tina was and thats why Gary is finding it so easy to walk away.

Thoroughly fed up with the Roy sleep walking story arc. Is it meant to be funny?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Thoroughly fed up with the Roy sleep walking story arc. Is it meant to be funny?

It's about as entertaining as this racism row !

I know we were all cutting them some slack a couple of weeks ago saying they were trying to fill in time as Kaaaaaan's scenes had to be removed, but at this stage they are taking the mick and badly need to up their game.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I know we were all cutting them some slack a couple of weeks ago saying they were trying to fill in time as Kaaaaaan's scenes had to be removed, but at this stage they are taking the mick and badly need to up their game.
    Agreed.

The show has become quite monotonous of late.

I love how Eva disappeared for god knows how long and then just resurfaces.

The stories just feel weak. There's nothing jaw dropping.

As an avid fan of Corrie, I watched Mondays and Wednesdays with the missus and we both kinda said that we were losing interest.

I don't like complaining but it's starting to let me slip ! :(

Hopefully the racism thing, for the most part has ended with the apology yesterday. Annoyed lloyd didnt say yes to the can properly. He could open it and not drink all of it as a gesture. Considering the row was over Paul not apologising, accepting the apology gracefully should have been important.

Paul burning the shirt was just lazy. Its getting increasingly easy to criticise the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's getting predictable now too. The whole David/Nick thing... He'll try and split Nick and Leanne up, they'll fight, they'll both apologise to each other and then they're happy again. That's happened a few times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

LizT wrote: »
    It's getting predictable now too. The whole David/Nick thing... He'll try and split Nick and Leanne up, they'll fight, they'll both apologise to each other and then they're happy again. That's happened a few times now.

I don't think it's that simple. Leanne will eventually find out that Nick cheated on her (OK technically they were finished with each other) and it will be interesting to see how that pans out. At least I hope it'll be interesting as Corrie is getting a bit tired now. I've been watching since I was a kid, in total for over 30 years and I don't think it's ever been as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I just can't help but think how this would be funnier if Adam Rickett was still in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd even prefer Adam Ricketts to butt-chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yes, seriously - I've been watching this since the late 1980s and constantly since the 90s. The focus on children is what used to be dumped into Grange Hill and Home and Away. The affairs of adults are conducted in a way that makes me think children wrote it (everybody here called out the Break the Bookie scam as correctly unrealistic, Roy is too intelligent to assume a consultant will alter his mindset based on internet research etc., the Keystone Kops storylines :rolleyes:).
    Coronation Street badly needs a cast and more importantly writing overhaul before it gets cancelled. The Hayley march to death might be just too much for longtime viewers to put up with.
    It can't be fobbed off on Ken and Kevin's legal issues - they were barely in it other than as special extras for the last three years anyway.

Nick reminds me of someone who is constantly constipated. That face he pulls.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

ivGZLppOX2oOzD8Yi_Tc5ypUGlilBAsxWQTPnDuv_XI=w162-h207-p-no

100,000 years? I reckon David's there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'd like to shake and slap Izzy for being so irritatingly reasonable...hs she not seen Gareh's rapid descent into madness and asholeness??:confused::(

Mmmmm what else have I to say?.....

Why has Hayley started drinking wine when I've only ever seen her ordering orange juice?

The way Tracy has always been portrayed is in total contrast to her sympathetic rubbing of Hayley's arm.Like..does she give a fcuk?

Why is tiny, pointless (:D) Paul being nice to stupid Sophie? Silly litte twerp of a man. Why the fcuk didn't he apologise straight off in the first place instead of dragging it all out?:rolleyes:

'No I'm busy':confused:...Lloyd what sort of a tit are you, fcuk sake:rolleyes:

I think it's silly the way lately, Corrie has been building up tension in storylines then going off the subject for a while like some kind of attempt to delay a climax;)....silly. They did the same thing with Tyrone and the mad b!tch wotsername. The Sunita fire thing has lost momentum...I don't see the point of delaying Karl's exit:confused:

Ann22, I just want to shake and slap Izzy, full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Sylvia is leaving now.... My god there'll be no one left on the cobbles

Sylvia is leaving now.... My god there'll be no one left on the cobbles

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love her, shes another Blanche.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love her, shes another Blanche.

They've said they're leaving the story open in the hope she'll return and her leaving story will be part of hayleys exit..... It will be unbearable to watch 2 of the best characters/actors leave

Could Haley really not just get hit by a bus?

No wonder Roy loses it, his mother leaves at the same time his wife leaves and God has given him weird unrealistic sleep walking issues.

I can't remember but does Sylvia know Hayley used to be Harold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I can't remember but does Sylvia know Hayley used to be Harold?

Yes, i think there was some talk of hormones or " the change" one time and they had to tell her that Hails was on hormones to keep her a woman, more delicately put though, I'm sure. :D

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Yes, i think there was some talk of hormones or " the change" one time and they had to tell her that Hails was on hormones to keep her a woman, more delicately put though, I'm sure. :D

oh i remember that now, thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement