Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

jimmyw wrote: »
    There is a recession on and a mother is been snobbish about her daughter having to work in a greasy spoon? Yeah granted, if you studied for a degree or whatever and it cost you a lot of dosh and you are having to make do with what might be regarded as a "menial" job, but should she not be grateful that she has got a job, no?

Why the fock is Mandy going on and on and on about all the focking studying Jenna did for her fancy degree. Didn't Jenna give that all up when she was disgraced/ disqualified or whatever for having it off with her patient Sophie. Build a focking bridge and get the fock over it and far far away from the street. Hate hate seeing her face on tv, worst actor ever!

And why is she so jealous of her daughter having a relationship with her father, the father she kept from her for 30 bloody years.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    jimmyw wrote: »
    There is a recession on and a mother is been snobbish about her daughter having to work in a greasy spoon? Yeah granted, if you studied for a degree or whatever and it cost you a lot of dosh and you are having to make do with what might be regarded as a "menial" job, but should she not be grateful that she has got a job, no?
    Why the fock is Mandy going on and on and on about all the focking studying Jenna did for her fancy degree. Didn't Jenna give that all up when she was disgraced/ disqualified or whatever for having it off with her patient Sophie. Build a focking bridge and get the fock over it and far far away from the street. Hate hate seeing her face on tv, worst actor ever!
    And why is she so jealous of her daughter having a relationship with her father, the father she kept from her for 30 bloody years.

Calm down! It's only an ould soap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Half-watching the omnibus here. What was that silly line Gail used about not cooking chicken during the week as it would throw her out of kilter. :D
    Then all the fuss about no wine, don't they all live on the same street where there is a pub, corner shop etc. It can be so funny at times, unintentionally or not.
    I really hope that Paul leaves soon, he is such a tiresome non-character, and he is in every episode at the moment. The supposed racist storyline has to be one of the worst yet. Like others here, I have been watching Corrie for a long number of years, it is definitely going through a bad patch at the mo, poor acting, and flimsy storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Half-watching the omnibus here. What was that silly line Gail used about not cooking chicken during the week as it would throw her out of kilter. :D
    Then all the fuss about no wine, don't they all live on the same street where there is a pub, corner shop etc. It can be so funny at times, unintentionally or not.
    I really hope that Paul leaves soon, he is such a tiresome non-character, and he is in every episode at the moment. The supposed racist storyline has to be one of the worst yet. Like others here, I have been watching Corrie for a long number of years, it is definitely going through a bad patch at the mo, poor acting, and flimsy storylines.

I agree. What annoys me is the way staff are treated in the factory. Have they not heard of workers' rights in Manchester (of all places). How many times have we heard 'You're fired' or 'And you can pack your bags and all' at the drop of a hat without reference to rights of staff.

I missed a few episodes but has Roy got over his night walking ? What was the point of all that?

Paul-yes an incredibly bad actor. (By the way afaik he narrates How its Made on Discovery) Notice how he always shakes the head in disgust and notice how Garry always looks to the heavens.

Think the point of Roys sleepwalking was to get Roy and Hayley to go for checkup with the doctor, which lead to her cancer being diagnoised.

• Advertisement

I missed a few episodes where Roy was sleepwalking. Now he has started sleep cooking :D handy, that...
    Speaking of the factory, I am showing my age here, remember when Vera, Ivy and co used to work in it, for Mike Baldwin. Ivy, I think was shop steward? Or was it Ida?
    Amazing how that factory still exists, and pretty much everyone works in it at some stage. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

When Rob told an incredulous Peter that he was taking over the bookies and Peter assumed that he was going to run it as a bookies he said something like 'You'll never get a licence'.

Was it because Rob had a criminal background? I though Peter himself had a criminal background?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

LynnGrace wrote: »

She probably thinks like my granny. Stuff like roast beef, lamb , chicken etc. were things you only ever had for the Sunday dinner, not during the week ;)

She probably thinks like my granny. Stuff like roast beef, lamb , chicken etc. were things you only ever had for the Sunday dinner, not during the week ;)

That must be it :o. I really had no idea what it meant, good old Gail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

bobbyss wrote: »
    Paul-yes an incredibly bad actor. (By the way afaik he narrates How its Made on Discovery) Notice how he always shakes the head in disgust and notice how Garry always looks to the heavens.

I looked that up... And he does!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't tell if Paul is a bad actor or just a really awful character.
    Maybe it's just a case of both. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

In a new twist to the Rovers Return fire storyline, Coronation Street arsonist Karl (John Michie) discovers his alibi is in jeopardy. Warning: spoiler alert! The show's official website says that in next week's episodes Karl finds youngster Craig (Colson Smith) in tears. A guilt-ridden Craig reveals that he thinks he is responsible for the fire because he threw away his lit cigarette when he saw Karl leaving the pub on the night. Having told the police that he was at the Bistro at the time of the blaze, Karl knows that Craig could ruin his cover story and so uses scare tactics to keep the boy quiet. He tells Craig that if anyone finds out about him throwing away the cigarette he could go to prison for the deaths of Sunita and Toni the firefighter. Actor Michie told the soap's website: "He's hoping that he can scare Craig enough so he doesn't say anything until way after the wedding. By that time Karl will be in Spain and he has no intention of ever coming back to Weatherfield. "Karl is a scary man, especially to a young kid like Craig. I think Craig is very scared of Karl so he will do whatever he says."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm confused. Why is David acting like he's only figured it out now? Didn't he always know it was nick and Kylie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

That Mandy is a crap actor aswell as being being an annoying character. Adds nothing to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm confused. Why is David acting like he's only figured it out now? Didn't he always know it was nick and Kylie?

I think it is actually hearing Nick said it

I suppose only when it comes straight from the horses mouth it becomes more real. Good acting from Sheppard tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think it is actually hearing Nick said it

Now he'll have to confront it. Think the revenge was like a game. This is real now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

must say Tina looked well for someone just having a baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wasn't expecting that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

i hope the baby turns out to be davids... he's had afew really crappy years, deserves a bit of happiness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

We can only assume that the lorry was being driven by another set of brothers grappling for control of the wheel, otherwise I don't know how they didn't spot the stationary van on the road.

We can only assume that the lorry was being driven by another set of brothers grappling for control of the wheel, otherwise I don't know how they didn't spot the stationary van on the road.

Lol, I said the same to DH. Also, how fast were the second set of fighting brothers driving their truck through a built-up area? Improved episode tonight....still can't warm to Simon, but I love Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I found it a bit strange that David was being very nice to Gail tonight when only a few weeks ago he was throwing nuts at her and humiliating her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

That crash was little disappointing , I thought it be more to it,

I felt this ep/ kind drag on a bit it was bit boring for stunt episode

I get annoyed when all soaps do crash so soon to each other!

Dales did two weeks ago, Corrie Today,
    Oaks next week (Which looks grear or week after and then upcoming EE crash as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Excellent acting from Jack Shepperd tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

tumblr_mr2rpsReaQ1s4s6hmo1_1280.png

BETRAYAL

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

I don't get Mandy. She works has a cook in a bar and she knocks Loyd owns a business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope Nick's dead, but he'll probably just regenerate like Dr Who anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How did Tommy and Rita not hear Tina clumping up the stairs...deaf eejits.

Speaking of Tina...I'm sure she'll be thanking Nick for landing her in it with David.

I detest Mandy, all she does is growl at Lloyd and Gemma all the frigging time...such a nag! I'm sick listening to her:mad:!

Never saw Leanne so friendly with Kylie before:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so how did nick and david go from a busy road to a side road under a bridge??

and gail platy GRIINDS MY FCUKIN GEARS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement