Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

that crash was so bad emmerdale did it better

Tina puts on a brave face as the Windasses host Jake's homecoming party at The Rovers, but when she holds the baby for the first time since leaving the hospital, all of her memories come flooding back.

As Owen then makes a poignant speech, thanking Tina for carrying the child, her heart breaks. Finally losing her cool, Tina has a vicious row with a mocking Tracy, before grabbing a bottle and heading off into the night intent on self-destruction…

Meanwhile, as the Platts keep a vigil at Nick's bedside, David struggles to hold it together. The consultant then tells the family that Nick may never wake from his coma, and even if he does, he could have permanent brain damage. Will David finally crack under the pressure?

Elsewhere, as a worried Beth discusses Craig's recent bad behaviour with Maria, Kirk and Sinead, she wishes she knew what lay behind it. Tackling Craig, Beth demands to know if he is taking drugs.

Also, Sophie and Jenna notice that Sally is keen on Tim, but as he's due to leave on Friday, will either do anything about it?

Finally, Lloyd assures Jenna that he wants her in his life.

Alone on the Red Rec, Tina drinks in a bid to blot out the pain. At the same time, Tommy is blaming himself - Tina only got into this to pay his debts and it's destroyed her.

Determined to find Tina, Rita heads to the Red Rec where she's been spotted. However, by the time Rita arrives, Tina has thought better of drinking herself stupid and headed home. But as a relieved Tommy and Dennis comfort Tina, where is Rita?

Meanwhile, alone at Nick's bedside, David is sick with remorse. Begging Nick not to die, he vows to confess. However, as Kylie tells David how much she loves him, will he be able to bring himself to reveal the truth about Nick's accident?

Elsewhere having found no evidence of drugs on Craig, Beth wonders if he could be struggling with his sexuality. Kirk offers to talk to him, but will Craig open up about what's really troubling him?

Also, as Sally heads out on a date with a man she met online, Tim is taken aback by how good she looks. Is Sally dating the wrong man?

Finally, Lloyd says goodbye to Mandy

As Rita is surrounded by a group of hoodies on the Red Rec, she answers the phone to Dennis, making a garbled plea for him to come and get her. The gang then snatch her phone and go for her bag.

As Dennis, Tina and Tommy race to the Red Rec, will they make it in time? And how will thoughts of losing Rita affect Tina?

Meanwhile, despite his guilt, David is now determined to hold his family together. As he heads to the hospital to support Leanne, offering to work whatever hours it takes to keep Nick's business running, Gail insists that she's never been more proud of him. Burying his guilt, can David keep up the facade?

Elsewhere, Craig is clearly troubled, but desperate to throw Beth off the scent, he claims that his turmoil is down to him thinking about his dad. Beth is heartbroken, knowing he'll never be part of Craig's life. But is this really the root of Craig's problems?

Also today, after a disastrous evening, Sally sends her internet date packing. Having witnessed the exchange, Tim heads over. Will Sally get the right man in the end?

Finally, Faye is upset as she prepares to say goodbye to Tim

Beth is upset thinking that Craig's turmoil is over his absentee father. She explains that his dad was an alcoholic and ran away the moment he found out she was pregnant. Feeling guilty about lying to his mum, Craig rushes off.

It's Karl who finds Craig crying in the backyard of The Rovers, but when he asks him what's wrong, Karl is floored by his response. It turns out that Craig blames himself for the fire, explaining that he burnt down the pub when he threw away a cigarette that night because he saw Karl coming out! Knowing this not to be true, how will Karl handle Craig?

Meanwhile, Tina is determined to move on with her life and insists the first step is to see Jake. She knows it will be tough, but she needs to do it. However, after Tina's eruption in the pub, will Gary and Izzy agree to let her see Jake?

Elsewhere, in the cold light of day, Sally is not sure she made the right move last night. However, when Tim reveals that he is leaving for Newcastle later, will she admit her feelings?

Also, as they re-open the Bistro, Leanne thanks David for his support, telling a comatose Nick how grateful he'll be for everything David has done for him. Feeling wretched, David struggles with the irony.

panicking Karl rushes after Craig. Knowing that he can place him at the scene of the crime, he has to get to Craig before he talks to anyone about the night of the fire.

Dragging Craig into his car, Karl can't keep a lid on his volatile emotions, telling Craig that he started a fire that killed two people and must keep quiet unless he wants to go to prison. What lengths will Karl go to in order to silence a terrified Craig?

Meanwhile, as Tim says goodbye to an angry Faye, she sees it as proof that he never cared. Tim is scathing of the heartache Owen and Anna have made him inflict, but they insist it's for the best in the long run. An emotional Tim turns to Sally. Wanting him to stay, not just for Faye but for herself, will Sally be able to make him reconsider?

Elsewhere, as Tina holds Jake, Gary and Izzy are moved by her honesty. It's painful to see Jake from a distance, but Tina would still like to play a part in his life. Worried about confusing Jake, will Gary and Izzy agree to Tina having contact?

Also, Dev comforts Leanne as she tries to get on with day to day life.

Finally, Stella is annoyed when Karl misses their appointment at the registry office. Will he be able to spin her a line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

They usually come out of comas in soap land don't they? Esp when they are an established character.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    How did Tommy and Rita not hear Tina clumping up the stairs...deaf eejits.

Lots of lazy writing just lately - using the 'overhearing' device all the time to keep weak storylines going. This was particularly noticeable in the Chesney/Katie/Ryan triangle - don't think Ches missed a meeting between the other two in three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I stopped reading about half way through up above. I don't mind discussing spoilers, but summarising the next 6 weeks worth of corrie is a step too far I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

ah so this is the route their going down
    When crash victim Nick wakes up from his coma his personality will have changed, with Price saying that the character's anger is "off the scale".

He told The Sun: "His character totally flips. He gets obsessive and he isn't rational at all. When the girls fuss over him, he reacts very, very angrily - every part of him is floundering.

"People have always been very kind to me when I meet them on the street because Nick is 'Mr Nice', but when they see him change, I expect them to shout at me instead."

Price has described the storyline as his best on the soap to date and he worked with the brain injury charity Headway to make his portrayal as accurate as possible.

"Physically a person can look the same after time but under the surface, their personality can change," he said. "It affects relationships so much - it's not about the survival, it is about the years ahead."

ah so this is the route their going down
    When crash victim Nick wakes up from his coma his personality will have changed, with Price saying that the character's anger is "off the scale".

He told The Sun: "His character totally flips. He gets obsessive and he isn't rational at all. When the girls fuss over him, he reacts very, very angrily - every part of him is floundering.

"People have always been very kind to me when I meet them on the street because Nick is 'Mr Nice', but when they see him change, I expect them to shout at me instead."

Price has described the storyline as his best on the soap to date and he worked with the brain injury charity Headway to make his portrayal as accurate as possible.

"Physically a person can look the same after time but under the surface, their personality can change," he said. "It affects relationships so much - it's not about the survival, it is about the years ahead."

Lol, Nick turns into David. Knowing Corrie this will last for about 6 weeks and then he will go back to being Mr Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

syklops wrote: »
    Lol, Nick turns into David. Knowing Corrie this will last for about 6 weeks and then he will go back to being Mr Nice.

yeah I agree look at Sophie now not even a limp and when her story began they said she would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her days

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah I agree look at Sophie now not even a limp and when her story began they said she would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her days

Ah but the sheer motivation or her love interest brought her further than expected and allowed her walk again ! Keep up ! :P

they want this david/nick story to go on for another 2 years o_0 according to digital spy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Did some catching up!

Last Friday night week, Karl, Stella, Eva, Mary, (and maybe others ) all just appeared back. Some scenes even looked crowded!

Have they really decided to tone down Eva? Her outfits, character etc,
    She had some good parts with Gloria behind the bar; cant find a clip but Gloria slagging her about some man and Eva catching the words with her hands and stopping them. Hard to explain but thought it showed potential as an actress and she did it really well.
    She is back in the factory and machine is in obvious spot but she hasnt been there in weeks.

Is giving the house to Norris and vaguely pretending it needs money spent on it as close to a story line as Emily has got since one of Gail's men was going to kill her? Has she ever had a story line or does she just take the pay cheque?

Loving the screen time with Peter and Carla, she does great actions, provocative stance outside the bookies counter; arm draped around him in a cool supportive fashion at various times; very happy in my hetro approach but Peter is dressing well/looking well - gives the lovely Carla a run for her money at times. Keep them together for a while and give them more air time.
    Leave Simon in the drawer

Have Maria's two new friends got much air time yet?

Kathy looking fairly orange alright - will she get a bit brighter personality and get Tina's job in the pub?

Mandy - at the time I was wondering did I miss an episode or did she just start working in the pub without any mention of an interview etc

The other night she is unloading boxes of crisps and loose tins from what the back of what looked like and old volvo - what was this about? Unlikely she would have done a cash and carry run surely? And quiet stressed by few boxes of crisps and few tins of beans. Her character never got development, just launched in; job in the pub, knows everyone;
    glad she is moving on

Loving Steve and Eileen in the cab office; some priceless lines, more air time please.

Nicks van - no phone number, no address, just Nicks Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hayley Cropper makes a bucket list and
    getting back in touch with her son Christian will be among her wishes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hayley Cropper makes a bucket list and

Whoever said earlier that the writers are reading this thread - you were right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

I discovered I like Kylie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Can't wait until this storyline with Lloyd, Mandy and Jenna ends, such a boring storyline with terrible acting from the two actresses. I've no idea how the both of them managed to land a gig in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Can't wait until this storyline with Lloyd, Mandy and Jenna ends, such a boring storyline with terrible acting from the two actresses. I've no idea how the both of them managed to land a gig in Corrie.

Maybe someone said play the white man while they were in earshot and they threatened to sue

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

"We have to remove the blood clot or else he'll die"

Really superb writing there...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

LizT wrote: »
    "We have to remove the blood clot or else he'll die"

Really superb writing there...

When the nurse asked for Mrs Tilsley, I was waiting for Gail to jump forward to declare her undying lust for Nick :pac:

...and the way Gail was trying to kiss David..he managed to avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Tracy has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Terrible actress and woeful character. I would say one of the worst in any of the soaps. No wonder your man doesn't want her to move in.

Floyds ex Mandy is one of the most miserable sourpusses ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Just because there is an "emergency" in the bistro, why did it have to close it? Surely the only reasons it would have to be closed is either that there is a bomb threat,gas leak or a potential health scare.Not because of what occurred, although a serious event granted but not enough reason to close it?

Why would anyone eat there when the food could be taken out of yer mouth for any reason.

• Advertisement

anyone else hate mandy such a old moaning bold cow

moan moan moan moan moan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

anyone else hate mandy such a old moaning bold cow

moan moan moan moan moan

Hate hate hate her. Such a rude snobbish b!tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Always find the paramedics and docs in Corrie (or any soap for that matter) can't act to save their lives.
    David: "Will he be alright?"
    Paramedic: "'Ee's in a serious condition, can you stand back!"
    I've seen more drama from a tomato.

I agree about Mandy and Jenna-they have got to be the crankiest Street residents ever.

PS: Also notice whenever someone new appears on the Street, there's always a vacant flat available? Never a house a mile away..always on the Street.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Hate hate hate her. Such a rude snobbish b!tch.

she been axed any-who :D she leaving soon

the horror if she was my mother :eek:

Lloyd was taking her for a nice meal and she was complaining

and he and jenna have no ambition she works in a bloody bar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

macjohn wrote: »

The other night she is unloading boxes of crisps and loose tins from what the back of what looked like and old volvo

Shame on you for not knowing your classics.....:p.Wash your mouth out (actually your keyboard ;)), tut!tut!.:D

Actually you were not far wrong, same country, wrong make,it was a Saab.

*yes I am sad :o*

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

jimmyw wrote: »
    Shame on you for not knowing your classics.....:p.Wash your mouth out (actually your keyboard ;)), tut!tut!.:D

Actually you were not far wrong, same country, wrong make,it was a Saab.

*yes I am sad :o*

I was so close; and laughing at Steve I was nearly going to rewind but was catching up with a load of episodes.
    Thought it was a Volvo 340;
    ya you right though, which Saab was it?

we are not sad - watching corrie for the cars!!!

Carla seems to have moved away from the Mercs for some strange reason? Thought they were in keeping with the image.
    - she collected Hayley (to take her to the hospital) in a Mondeo

I reckon that awful Jenna was reading her lines from under the table in the Rovers last night when she was talking, she is constantly looking down when she "acts". I *almost felt sorry for Lloyd with the fuss sourpuss made over whether or not the would be eating in the Bistro.

*almost, but not fully, it is after all, his fault we are subjected to Moany Mandy.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Always find the paramedics and docs in Corrie (or any soap for that matter) can't act to save their lives.
    David: "Will he be alright?"
    Paramedic: "'Ee's in a serious condition, can you stand back!"
    I've seen more drama from a tomato.

I agree about Mandy and Jenna-they have got to be the crankiest Street residents ever.

PS: Also notice whenever someone new appears on the Street, there's always a vacant flat available? Never a house a mile away..always on the Street.

The bit that annoyed me was the paramedic trying to examine David, and he goes "Ive got to go", and walks off and she is just stood there looking perplexed. I would have thought paramedics would be used to their patients trying to wander off and would be trained to deal with it.

On Mandy and Jenna, I think its time Lloyd told Mandy to F^%$ off. She might have been a cracker 30 years ago but she's had one too many kebabs since then and never has a nice thing to say.

What is it with soaps and university? Dev was proud as punch when his daughter got into university, like it was something above all of us. Now we have Mandy going on that someone who went to University shouldn't be working in a cafe. I remember Eileen being over the moon when Todd got accepted into "Oxbridge".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I vaguely recall Toyah Battersby getting something like three 'E's in her A Levels and still going to university, so it's not like it can be that hard to get into!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Posy wrote: »
    I vaguely recall Toyah Battersby getting something like three 'E's in her A Levels and still going to university, so it's not like it can be that hard to get into!

Then she became a doctor in Casualty. Hope for us all. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement