Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Then she became a doctor in Casualty. Hope for us all. :D

Onwards and upwards for our Toyah. She's now a barrister in Law & Order UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Corrie bosses are hoping to get Prince William, Kate and prince George to make a cameo appearance to celebrate the opening of the new set next year.

I don't see it happening but who know's.... remember when Charles made an appearance in the Rovers

search?q=prince+charles+in+coronation+street&rlz=1C1SKPL_enIE396IE397&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xncDUuv1EKemygH66oGoCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=643#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=LnhQi2m-pAeySM%3A%3BP3LqqVRvv9U_YM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages.dailystar-uk.co.uk%252Fdynamic%252F1%252F281x351%252F164937_1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailystar.co.uk%252Fnews%252Flatest-news%252F164937%252FCoronation-Street-slaps-ban-on-live-show-betting%3B281%3B351

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

fussyonion wrote: »
    PS: Also notice whenever someone new appears on the Street, there's always a vacant flat available? Never a house a mile away..always on the Street.

Haha, and they always have a job sorted within five minutes and its usually on the street. Nobody has to travel to the city centre to work.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Haha, and they always have a job sorted within five minutes and its usually on the street. Nobody has to travel to the city centre to work.

doesn't marcus (where is he lately, he usually appears whenever someone's admitted to hospital?) have to get the bus to weatherfield general? I have to laugh at Owens builders how every job they ever get is on the one street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The other thing about the ambulance scene is that there is no way David would be allowed in the back of it with Nick in such a bad state. The paramedics really dont need anyone getting in their way.And if he went and died on them,they wouldnt want hysterical family members watching.

• Advertisement

doesn't marcus (where is he lately, he usually appears whenever someone's admitted to hospital?) have to get the bus to weatherfield general? I have to laugh at Owens builders how every job they ever get is on the one street

Ah, forgot about Marcus :(. Also Chesney and Brian don't work on the street. Can't think of anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

But Brian works in cycling distance! Bessie street must be only around the corner!

oh and wee paul

oh and wee paul

Whoops another one.

Surprised he wasn't involved with the crash last night or is he still suspended?

JP Liz wrote: »
    There is rumours of Karen McDonald returning

no way I was only just thinking of her earlier.... did we ever discover where she went?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

no way I was only just thinking of her earlier.... did we ever discover where she went?

Brilliant! :D I loved Karen's character!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Can someone jog my memory, stopped watching for a good few years, I think I remember her . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Mugatuu wrote: »
    search?q=karen+mcdonald+married+to+steve&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=gNkDUtyzGavH7Abo-IDYAg&biw=1024&bih=677&sei=gtkDUrGxI8zG7Ab1xoGYDw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ol8UQ2bjvkxvsM%3A%3BxpCXW3MxfDlfwM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.virginmedia.com%252Fimages%252Fslide-6-steve-and-karen.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fontd-uk.livejournal.com%252F%3B290%3B400
    Karen McDonald was Married to Steve! She was a great character, really feisty and took no bull :pac:
    Cheers, just who I thought it was, they were great days of corrie, would be great if she came back!

did she work in the factory?

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Whoops another one.

Surprised he wasn't involved with the crash last night or is he still suspended?

When is Paul leaving corrie?

Yep she did! I had a quick google and found "Corriepedia" haha! :D

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Coronation_Street_Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Yip, think so,
    if memory serves she dared/took a bet to make a move on Steve? Then she found she genuinely liked him.

Was great character and worked so well with Steve, he was talking about trying to stop her doing someit at one stage and not being able and think it was Eileen that delivered the great line
    "Attila the hun wouldn't be able to stop your wife" !!

If she comes back would like to see Steve and Michelle staying together for bit longer though; would be silly for him to have his head turned by Karen after how things ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Suranne Jones who played Karen is in Scott & Bailey for the foreseeable future. She was top of the bill in a few other things between Corrie and that as well. I don't see why she'd take a major step back career-wise. The same applies to Becky who'll be in Field of Blood tonight and back in Mr. Selfridge in the new year. Being an ex-Mrs McDonald seems to be a good career choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

macjohn wrote: »
    I was so close; and laughing at Steve I was nearly going to rewind but was catching up with a load of episodes.
    Thought it was a Volvo 340;
    ya you right though, which Saab was it?

we are not sad - watching corrie for the cars!!!

Carla seems to have moved away from the Mercs for some strange reason? Thought they were in keeping with the image.
    - she collected Hayley (to take her to the hospital) in a Mondeo

I think it was a 900.I am a bit sensitive about Saabs, I got a 9-5 about 2 years ago for the first time, and I fell in love with her but unfortunately she left me for another family.........:mad::D

Is that Mondeo not Peters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

jimmyw wrote: »
    I think it was a 900.I am a bit sensitive about Saabs, I got a 9-5 about 2 years ago for the first time, and I fell in love with her but unfortunately she left me for another family.........:mad::D

Is that Mondeo not Peters?

Thought it might be Peters but is he not still in the older style one?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Suranne Jones who played Karen is in Scott & Bailey for the foreseeable future. She was top of the bill in a few other things between Corrie and that as well. I don't see why she'd take a major step back career-wise. The same applies to Becky who'll be in Field of Blood tonight and back in Mr. Selfridge in the new year. Being an ex-Mrs McDonald seems to be a good career choice.

Becky would return for
    Hayley's funeral
    surely

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Becky would return for
    Hayley's funeral
    surely

I read an interview and she said she'd love to come back but I don't think her schedule allows it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

macjohn wrote: »
    Thought it might be Peters but is he not still in the older style one?

TBH I am not sure.I would need a screenshot or a vid to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know I'm the only one on the planet who didn't much like Karen McDonald...I felt that, like Tracy and Rosie Webster, she was pantomime..she had really exaggerated facial expressions...I don't like the actress who plays her in anything else I've seen her in either.

Tracy's hair doesn't suit her. She badly needs body in her hair...any photos I've seen of her with full voluminous hair, she looks miles better..her great big mouthful of teeth don't take over her whole face.

Bit stupid the way Gail wasn't half as upset as Leanne was....quality acting from the latter.

On a light note..I happened to be in Wales today, had to pop over on dog rescue business...While I was there, I popped into Poundstretcher and overheard a little girl saying..."Muuum!...Ah want some jelleh babehs! I know where they ahhhh' (are):D"-she sounded straight out of Corrie..mad it was:).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What's the craic with Mandy and a face on her that would turn milk?

If I went for dinner and my other half was behaving like that with me she'd be eating solo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know I'm the only one on the planet who didn't much like Karen McDonald...I felt that, like Tracy and Rosie Webster, she was pantomime..she had really exaggerated facial expressions...I don't like the actress who plays her in anything else I've seen her in either.

Tracy's hair doesn't suit her. She badly needs body in her hair...any photos I've seen of her with full voluminous hair, she looks miles better..her great big mouthful of teeth don't take over her whole face.

Bit stupid the way Gail wasn't half as upset as Leanne was....quality acting from the latter.

On a light note..I happened to be in Wales today, had to pop over on dog rescue business...While I was there, I popped into Poundstretcher and overheard a little girl saying..."Muuum!...Ah want some jelleh babehs! I know where they ahhhh' (are):D"-she sounded straight out of Corrie..mad it was:).

I didn't like Karen McDonald either.
    Becky would return for
    Hayley's funeral surely

In real life, the bahamas is really not that far and of course she would return for it. In Corrie land its the other side of the world and there is no chance of it. Maybe if Hayleys funeral coincided with a 25 year anniversary of Corrie or something they might bring a couple of old stars back for it, but i thinnk Hayley will shuttle off this mortal coil with only current street residents to say goodbye.
    If she comes back would like to see Steve and Michelle staying together for bit longer though; would be silly for him to have his head turned by Karen after how things ended.

If Steve leaves Michelle (again) I will just get annoyed. Tbh I don't want her to come back or if she absolutely must can it be to replace Tracy? There are too many ignorant and mouthy women on the street.

syklops wrote: »

If Steve leaves Michelle (again) I will just get annoyed. Tbh I don't want her to come back or if she absolutely must can it be to replace Tracy? There are too many ignorant and mouthy women on the street.

I absolutely love the Steve / Michelle combo to be fair ! Would hate to see him feck it up again !

MugMugs wrote: »
    I absolutely love the Steve / Michelle combo to be fair ! Would hate to see him feck it up again !

yeah I think they make a great couple, they have great chemisty and probably the most believable couple on the street.

• Advertisement

yeah I think they make a great couple, they have great chemisty and probably the most believable couple on the street.

A bit better than Tommy and Tina to be fair.

I'm purely fascinated by a relationship that consists of him talking to her over the bar where she is supposedly working.

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement