Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

iguana wrote: »
    Is the new doctor going to be a regular character?.

He's only going to appear in for four episodes for the moment but will be back in a couple of months.
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    Was he in another soap before. Looks kind of familiar.

He's done a few soaps. Hollyoaks/Doctors/Eastenders. Here's his imdb page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Is Hayley off again
    Julie Hesmondhalgh is planning a break from Coronation Street shortly after the 50th anniversary celebrations at the end of the year.
    The 40-year-old actress, who plays dowdy Hayley Cropper in the ITV1 soap, admitted she had been inspired to take a sabbatical by Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Webster on screen.
    Sally recently returned to Weatherfield after battling breast cancer. "I'm inspired by all the stuff she's been saying about sorting her priorities," Julie said.

"I'd quite like to do a big world trip with the family."
    Corrie bosses are understood to be supportive of Julie's plans to take some time off. An ITV spokesman said: "As long as we have notice, we should be able to accommodate her request."
    Julie has been in Corrie since she was 28 and the past year had been a busy one for Hayley - storylines included a wacky wedding and being held hostage by crazed killer Tony Gordon.

If she does go I'd like Roy to go with her this time and not depart because of an affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ugh. I don't care anymore. They ruined Hayley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Julie Hesmondhalgh is planning a break from Coronation Street shortly after the 50th anniversary celebrations at the end of the year.
    The 40-year-old actress, who plays dowdy Hayley Cropper in the ITV1 soap, admitted she had been inspired to take a sabbatical by Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Webster on screen.
    Sally recently returned to Weatherfield after battling breast cancer. "I'm inspired by all the stuff she's been saying about sorting her priorities," Julie said.

Corrie bosses are understood to be supportive of Julie's plans to take some time off. An ITV spokesman said: "As long as we have notice, we should be able to accommodate her request."
    Julie has been in Corrie since she was 28 and the past year had been a busy one for Hayley - storylines included a wacky wedding and being held hostage by crazed killer Tony Gordon.

:confused: Huh! shes not in the soap that long,is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

jimmyw wrote: »

:confused: Huh! shes not in the soap that long,is she?

12 years. It's a long time to be in a soap. Usually actors move on to something different. You've only got a handful of long-time soap actors in the same soap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It does seem a long time though...

I remember her showing up with her scarves tied around her neck all the time to hide adam's apple! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

becky and steves social worker obviously doesn't watch eastenders! if she did she'd have been more careful with her bag given that phil pulled the same stunt with his social worker a few weeks back ! which storywriters are robbing which i wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Why do I have a feeling that Owen will be involved?

Is that Izzy's Dad, the builder guy? Yeah he does seem suspicious seeing he was giving poor old Bill such a hard time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Is that Izzy's Dad, the builder guy? Yeah he does seem suspicious seeing he was giving poor old Bill such a hard time too.

Yeah Owens the builder/mr fix it! You'll see his other daughter Kat again too. She will have a few scenes with Chesney + co. icon7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The whole storyline with Deirdre and Ken is very clever and funny. Him reading out the letter from the boatwoman was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Deirdre said she's not listening to Ken, if she knew he was planning to see boat woman again she would flip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's really clever though... They've turned them from the usual bickering but in love with each til the end couple (like Jack and Vera were), into a more contemporary relationship (where both sides would leave at the drop of a hat if something better came along, but it inevitably never does or does and goes wrong)

It is clever, they're stuck with each other who'd have either of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Lol I'd laugh if Ken finally decided to leave Deirdre once and for all and then when he was walking up the road he got taken out by the tram before he ever got a chance at this better life he's always on about. He creeps me out when he does that sweeping his hand through his hair thing in practically every scene he's in! And he's so condescending and self-entitled. A nice tram splat'd nearly be too good for him!

Lol I'd laugh if Ken finally decided to leave Deirdre once and for all and then when he was walking up the road he got taken out by the tram before he ever got a chance at this better life he's always on about. He creeps me out when he does that sweeping his hand through his hair thing in practically every scene he's in! And he's so condescending and self-entitled. A nice tram splat'd nearly be too good for him!
    you're mean but yeah that would be funny :D

casio4 wrote: »
    you're mean but yeah that would be funny :D

Lol if you think that's mean you definitely don't want to know the things I'd love to happen to Rita! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Deirdre said she's not listening to Ken, if she knew he was planning to see boat woman again she would flip

But it's not the boat woman is it ? Her name was Martha and this one's called Susan. It's a pity, I'd love to see Stephanie Beacham back in it again, stunning woman of a certain age . . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Epicurus wrote: »
    He's only going to appear in for four episodes for the moment but will be back in a couple of months.

He's done a few soaps. Hollyoaks/Doctors/Eastenders. Here's his imdb page

I was wondering who he was in Eastenders, racking my brain trying to figure out...when I clicked on your link I saw that he was 'young man in the vic' in 2007!!:D:D Would never have got it!!

Cookie33 wrote: »
    12 years. It's a long time to be in a soap. Usually actors move on to something different. You've only got a handful of long-time soap actors in the same soap.

That makes her 40...had to double check but yeah Julie Hesmondhalgh was born in 1970. I'm quite surprised, really thought she was older than that.

• Advertisement

greenie wrote: »
    I was wondering who he was in Eastenders, racking my brain trying to figure out...when I clicked on your link I saw that he was 'young man in the vic' in 2007!!:D:D Would never have got it!!

He's a dishy old thing - I certainly wouldn't complain if he were to become a regular. Better than the weird Nick-gremlin face Platt or Tilsley or whatever they're calling him!

Natasha Rumour
    I heard that when Gail finds out she had the abortion (Gail snoops through the medical records) and tells Nick, appartently Natasha kills herself. Read it in some 2 weeks soap magazine

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Natasha Rumour
    I heard that when Gail finds out she had the abortion (Gail snoops through the medical records) and tells Nick, appartently Natasha kills herself. Read it in some 2 weeks soap magazine

I heard that too a while back. Still think it's odd...
    I mean she hasn't been with him long has she? Half the time he was avoiding her so even less time together. I'd understand a depression storyline but suicide seems a bit much...

greenie wrote: »
    I heard that too a while back. Still think it's odd...
    I mean she hasn't been with him long has she? Half the time he was avoiding her so even less time together. I'd understand a depression storyline but suicide seems a bit much...

I think the writers are trying to make her come across as unstable even though i really liked her when she first joined. It all went downhill when she got involved with Nick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The whole storyline with Deirdre and Ken is very clever and funny. Him reading out the letter from the boatwoman was hilarious.
    It wasnt from the boatwoman?

Didnt Norris and emily say the date mark was from the 60s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Correct, it is not the boatwoman Martha, it is a different one altogether which he knew a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

This letter is the link to his real life 2 sons joining him on the set for the 50th Anniversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Theres 38 years of a difference between himself and his new lady/partner. Thats quiet a gap really. He's 78 himself:eek:, i don't think he looks that age at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

??????? im really hating tht made one now that drives that camper:mad::mad::mad::mad: really really annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Correct, it is not the boatwoman Martha, it is a different one altogether which he knew a long time ago.

One of Ken's girlfriends was played by Joanna Lumley. Maybe she is going to make a guest appearance for the 50th anniversary special.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement