Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The letter is from his first girlfriend Susan Cunningham.

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Susan_Cunningham

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oh my goodness I laughed so hard! Fiz and Becky 'pumping' Hayley down the tracks on that contraption! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Alicat wrote: »
    Oh my goodness I laughed so hard! Fiz and Becky 'pumping' Hayley down the tracks on that contraption! :pac:

Sometimes a girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Alicat wrote: »
    it's very funny tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sally to Sophie and Sian - "...No-one here thinks you're not normal!"

Oooooh dear. The Daily Mail's going to have a field day. :P

I know what point they were trying to make (ie. how hard it can be to come out, etc) but it would be nice, just once, for a soap to do a gay/lesbian storyline that isn't taken from the 60s.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

To be fair, its pretty accurate. I actually felt for the two characters today, I think its well done. Don't pretend there isn't some real genuine bigotry in this world, especially against gays. Its just not talked or broadcast about much.

Denerick wrote: »
    To be fair, its pretty accurate. I actually felt for the two characters today, I think its well done. Don't pretend there isn't some real genuine bigotry in this world, especially against gays. Its just not talked or broadcast about much.

I thought Claire was such a cow. One minute she's promising Sophie she won't out her just before screaming it to everyone they know. Then a few minutes later she's screaming at Sophie for not backing her up and criticising her Christianity.

Fair enough that she blurted it out after Sally's badgering but to be anything but massively apologetic to Sophie and Sian afterwards was nasty. What she did to them was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

iguana wrote: »
    I thought Claire was such a cow. One minute she's promising Sophie she won't out her just before screaming it to everyone they know. Then a few minutes later she's screaming at Sophie for not backing her up and criticising her Christianity.

Fair enough that she blurted it out after Sally's badgering but to be anything but massively apologetic to Sophie and Sian afterwards was nasty. What she did to them was awful.

I think she was just so hurt and upset that nobody would believe her, and thought she was mad. I felt for Claire tonight, she has more to lose than two teenagers. She stands to lose her kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

from where i came from, i do not see coranation street so much as a soap,but more of a documentary

blondie7 wrote: »
    I felt for Claire tonight, she has more to lose than two teenagers.

Not really. When someone who's closeted comes out it's a huge deal and extremely personal, especially if nobody who knows them has any idea. They could lose friends or family. It's already been established what Sian's father is like, so she risks losing her family far more than Claire does. What Claire did was utterly unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,383 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ITV soap Coronation Street has today released two new promotional pictures featuring the cast members who will take centre stage in the show's autumn storylines.

The glamorous Vanity Fair-style shots see ten of the programme's key stars posing together as viewers await a period of intense drama that lies ahead for their characters.

Ben Price (Nick Tilsley), Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow), Graeme Hawley (John Stape), Keith Duffy (Ciaran McCarthy) and Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) are the male stars who appear in the photos.

Meanwhile, actresses Alison King (Carla Connor), Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby), Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Stape), Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald) and Kym Marsh (Michelle Connor) also feature.

550w_soaps_corrie_photoshoot_1.jpg

From left to right: Jane Danson, Chris Gascoyne, Alison King, Ben Price, Simon Gregson, Kym Marsh, Keith Duffy, Jennie McAlpine, Katherine Kelly, Graeme Hawley

In the coming months, viewers will see John Stape continuing to keep wife Fiz in the dark over the fate of Colin Fishwick. However, as the situation continues to spiral out of control and one death leads to another, how long can John keep his secret hidden?

Meanwhile, as Nick and Leanne's chemistry becomes increasingly apparent, will they be able to resist temptation? And what's to come for their respective romances with Natasha and Peter?

Elsewhere, when Carla starts to become reliant on alcohol to ease her pain, she finds herself becoming closer to Peter. Will she start to see the Weatherfield bookmaker in a new light?

Coming up for the McDonalds, as Becky begins to show just how far she will go to get the child she craves, what will the consequences be for her marriage to Steve?

And when Michelle finally decides to let go of her reservations and make a go of things with Ciaran, is it happily ever after or is there heartbreak ahead?

550w_soaps_corrie_photoshoot_2.jpg

Show producer Phil Collinson commented: "Coronation Street has the ability to move with the times whilst retaining a unique sense of Northern humour, pathos, tragedy, conflict and drama. Fascinating characters and superb scriptwriting lie at the heart of Coronation Street's appeal and are the reason audiences have continued to watch in their millions.

"I have never worked on a show where the audience is so passionately involved in the lives of the characters on screen - and that brings with it a huge responsibility to make sure we keep their stories truthful and compelling."

Beyond the autumn season, many of the characters featured in the photoshoot will be affected by the soap's upcoming tram crash stunt, which is to air in Corrie's 50th anniversary week in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I've missed about a week because my internet has been down. Have Sophie and Sian been outed?

How did it happen?

From what I have read here, it looks like they are preparing Claire for her exile from the street over the child abuse allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Not really. When someone who's closeted comes out it's a huge deal and extremely personal, especially if nobody who knows them has any idea. They could lose friends or family. It's already been established what Sian's father is like, so she risks losing her family far more than Claire does. What Claire did was utterly unforgivable.

Im not saying she was right to do what she done, but i can see how she just lashed out. People dont think straight when there upset and angry. Plus its soap land and they would have to be outed in a dramatic kind of way. We wouldnt watch it otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

hold on a second losing ones kids is a million times worse than gettin outed. claire has every right to attempt to clear her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

A V A wrote: »
    ??????? im really hating tht made one now that drives that camper:mad::mad::mad::mad: really really annoying

Mary is one of the best things about Coronation Street. Has a lot of the best lines with her fish supper/not even a bridesmaid.

Why was she banned from the wedding though. Hayley never falls out with anyone so it must have been pretty bad. So why was Hayley still wearing Marys dress then.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Mary is one of the best things about Coronation Street. Has a lot of the best lines with her fish supper/not even a bridesmaid.

Why was she banned from the wedding though. Hayley never falls out with anyone so it must have been pretty bad. So why was Hayley still wearing Marys dress then.

Im in the same boat. I don't understand why Mary wasn't invited to the hen party or the wedding but yet Hayley was wearing her wedding dress on the big day. I saw some/most of the eposides where Mary was the wedding planner from hell. Im presuming the rift arose due to this?

mrDerek wrote: »
    hold on a second losing ones kids is a million times worse than gettin outed. claire has every right to attempt to clear her name.

There is a strong likelihood of Claire's revelations damaging Sian's relationship with her father. Claire had absolutely no need to out them to protect herself, she told the authorities they had been babysitting on the day Aadi was injured which they weren't denying. Whether they were kissing or painting their toenails was immaterial to who had hurt/neglected Aadi. Outing them like that was a nasty, nasty thing to do to them. Claire's "only thinking of her children" was Helen Lovejoy style nonsense.

Coronation Street going live
    After lots of speculation we can now confirm there will definitely be a LIVE episode of Coronation Street as part of the show's 50th anniversary celebrations.
    Our producers are currently planning for the extra special episode to be transmitted later this year.
    Our press officer said: "Everyone is very excited, if not to say a little nervous, about the prospect of a live episode but we felt it was fitting to go out live to the nation to celebrate such a prestigious anniversary."

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/corrieliveepisode/

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Epicurus wrote: »

Copying Eastenders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Copying Eastenders

No Eastenders copied Coronation Street. Corri went live for its 40th anniversary. Was the time where Vera gave her grandson a kidney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Deise Tom wrote: »
    No Eastenders copied Coronation Street. Corri went live for its 40th anniversary. Was the time where Vera gave her grandson a kidney.

Oh really?? wow that was a long time ago. I don't really remember it, was too young I guess

And that in itself was a tribute to the fact that Coronation Street was originally broadcast live. A live episode on a big Corrie anniversary makes sense as it's a reference to it's past.

When Eastenders did it for their anniversary it really was just a copy of another show as they were always pre-recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Oh really?? wow that was a long time ago. I don't really remember it, was too young I guess

Yeah, about 10 years ago !! :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Yeah, about 10 years ago !! :D:D

Did Prince Charlie make an appearance in the show around that time or was it just a visit to the street he made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did Prince Charlie make an appearance in the show around that time or was it just a visit to the street he made.

As far as I can remember, it was fake news footage of Audrey meeting him, and then Gail, Martin et al were watching it and squealing with excitement.

He was in it with Audrey. Natalie, Liz and Gina were watching it on the news.

It's six minutes in in this

Did anyone else see Rosie Webbsters choice of 'outfit' on todays (Thursday) show?:eek: Her skirt wasn't much bigger belt.....a new low for Rosie. (excuse the pun:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

she wore that before, the top says pop my cherry:D she usually wears roller skates with it, it's her work outfit she serves drinks in a bar I think :pac:

casio4 wrote: »
    she wore that before, the top says pop my cherry:D she usually wears roller skates with it, it's her work outfit she serves drinks in a bar I think :pac:

She's a promotions girl for some sort of cherry flavoured drink. She goes around pubs and nightclubs getting people (mainly men) to pay her to shoot the drink down their throats with a water pistol. The outfit is her uniform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. I don't understand why Mary wasn't invited to the hen party or the wedding but yet Hayley was wearing her wedding dress on the big day. I saw some/most of the eposides where Mary was the wedding planner from hell. Im presuming the rift arose due to this?

From what I reading in one of those Saturday mags when Mary started offending all of Hayley's friends that was the last straw...I think not being invited was a bit last minute which is probably why Hayley is wearing the same dress.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement