Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

casio4 wrote: »
    she wore that before, the top says pop my cherry:D she usually wears roller skates with it, it's her work outfit she serves drinks in a bar I think :pac:
    iguana wrote: »
    She's a promotions girl for some sort of cherry flavoured drink. She goes around pubs and nightclubs getting people (mainly men) to pay her to shoot the drink down their throats with a water pistol. The outfit is her uniform.

Promotions girl....ah that explains the choice of clothes:p I'd never seen those on her before.

Im actually greatful for my work wardrobe now:D

greenie wrote: »
    From what I reading in one of those Saturday mags when Mary started offending all of Hayley's friends that was the last straw...I think not being invited was a bit last minute which is probably why Hayley is wearing the same dress.:)
    Yeah she was getting a bit OTT with the wedding planning wasn't she.

Fair play to Sophie as well this evening. Very real performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Just wonder how the Alahans and Peacocks will react to this
    Well it seems that Aadi will be discharged from hospital next week however the child protection squad have placed him in temporary foster care. The next day Simon confesses to pushing him.

Also, things get interesting for Becky, Steve & Kylie
    Coronation Street's Becky McDonald will reportedly become so desperate for a baby that she offers to buy her half-sister's son. The Sun reports that Becky, played by Katherine Kelly, convinces husband Steve (Simon Gregson) to help raise £30,000 to pay for the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I despise Dev, he's such a feckin' dickhead. I hope the tram lands slap bang right on him:mad:. As if he gives a fcuk about his kids, hasn't he tribes of them all over the place? As if Sophie and Sian would've harmed the little brat.
    And what's the story about the Social Welfare in Weatherfield? They're really particular. Across the rest of the Uk kids are battered senseless, starved and tortured and no one lifts a finger 'til it's too late. (I know, I know, it's only a soap).

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

^^Ann :D:D
    tribes...of...them..all...over...the...place
    :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    Across the rest of the Uk kids are battered senseless, starved and tortured and no one lifts a finger 'til it's too late.

Not really. There are an awful lot of cases of children in the UK being removed from their parents for utterly unreasonable reasons. There were hundreds of children taken permanently from their parents and adopted too fast so when the parents appeal and are cleared of all charges they still can never get their children back.

The SS officers are employed by the local borough council and in some areas they are completely overworked and will never be able to save all of the children being abused. I used to live in Harringey (the baby P borough) and the constant visible child abuse was shocking. It was very easy to see how some children fell through the cracks, the SS is just too overworked there. While in other boroughs the SS aren't under similar pressure but they still have quotas to meet, so even the most innocent of injuries come under intense scrutiny.

• Advertisement

That's one incredibly clean baby.:eek:

Oh, and I hope Peter dies painfully in the tram crash. What a douche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Few nice reminders of the past tonight with Debbie Webster and Daniel Osbourne. Hope they keep them coming.

When Sally was frantically phoning for the ambulance and none coming; why not venture across the road to that nice big medical centre and see if someone there could help them. Or even Norris; he's got experience in delivering babies on the street.
    Oh, and I hope Peter dies painfully in the tram crash. What a douche!

I hope you're right; the bigamist alcoholic casting aspersions. Nice the see the Roache famiy together on screen.

Anyone help?

Just thought about it when Ken's other family came on screen tonight.

There was a Adam that was a teenager who featured on Corrie a while back. It was something to do with Ken and Susan. Was Adam Ken's grandson? or son?

PS Adam was Scottish, apart from that, that's all I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Anyone help?

There was a Adam that was a teenager who featured on Corrie a while back. It was something to do with Ken and Susan. Was Adam Ken's grandson? or son?

Mike Baldwin was involved in that aswell. Was there some kind of unsurity over the father of Adam, with both Ken and Mike thinking he was theirs??

I know he was in Boarding school, but he should be about 20 by now. No doubt he will arrive on the doorstep one day.

Like Rosie and Sophie, who spent about twenty years aged 4 and 6 spending all their onscreen time coloring and washing their hands before tea, and then all of a sudden they are 15 and 13, with curves in all the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Yes, another 3-month old baby born on TV. He's marked for stardom already, if spoilers are correct.
    The two ugly sisters at the Rovers are starting to get depressing, especially when you know that a new storyline is going to push the envelope of credibility still further. I don't know why I keep watching it.

It's 8:30 on Thursday, isn't it ?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Mike Baldwin was involved in that aswell. Was there some kind of unsurity over the father of Adam, with both Ken and Mike thinking he was theirs??

No, Adam is Ken's grandson by his daughter Susan, Peter's twin. Mike Baldwin was Adam's father as he and Susan were married for a while in the 80s. Their marriage ended when she got pregnant and decided to have an abortion. Then in 2000 Peter let it slip that she had never had an abortion and had a son Adam. Deirdre told Dev (who she slept with around this time), who told Mike who decided to take legal action in order to gain custody. Susan tried to move away and was killed in a car crash. So Adam had to move to Weatherfield and Mike and Ken fought over who Adam should live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Anyone help?

Mike Baldwin is Adam's Father, Susan Barlow his mother. Susan is Ken's Daughter and moved to Scotland when she broke up with Mike.

Deirdre told Dev (who she slept with around this time),

Either Ken or Deirdre must have slept with half the street down the years, Or wished they had

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Either Ken or Deirdre must have slept with half the street down the years, Or wished they had

And Deirdre had an affair with Mike, and Ken had an affair with Alma(Mikes wife).

Why dont they just become swingers? Would it not be easier than constantly cheating on each other?

How many does Ken have in his family now at this stage.

I'm counting three wives, five children and four grandchildren. Is there any more?

Really nice that they named the baby after Jack but Jack Dobbs...it's a bit close to Jackie Dobbs. Tyrones mother will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Epicurus wrote: »
    How many does Ken have in his family now at this stage.

I'm counting three wives, five children and four grandchildren. Is there any more?

He married Deirdre twice i think, which would make 4 marriages.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0909/coronationstreet1.html
    The Sun Newspaper claims Charlotte Hoyle is set to be killed later this year after she begins stalking herself.
    Hoyle is a teacher played by Becky Hindley who was involved with John Stape in the death and subsequent cover-up of Colin Fishwick. Hoyle begins blackmailing Stape for sex following the death and viewers will see her character begin to send letters to herself and talk about being stalked.
    A source is quoted in the report as saying "Charlotte will make life very difficult for John. Mentally she's started to unravel."
    The quote continues "Bosses are still deciding on how to kill her off, but the smart money's on her getting crushed in the tram crash."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

syklops wrote: »
    How do you stalk yourself? :confused:
    :D:D:D:D

Maybe she sends letters to herself and blames John. She's an awful nuisance of a woman.

My dislike of Dev is rapidly growing by the week. What annoying mannerisms he has.. Does he go on like that in real life? He's a big greasy horrible man.

My dislike of Dev is rapidly growing by the week. What annoying mannerisms he has.. Does he go on like that in real life? He's a big greasy horrible man.

I agree, I never much liked him but recently with him in a big storyline and we see more of him, it's got worse. The way he goes on about his kids, he's only been in their life for a few months. With the tram story lurking behind us, I can only hope

I know Cookie! He's only known them for about 2wks (slight exaggeration)..and they're irritating little runts anyway. The roars of him at the social workers. I think he has 4 or 5 kids in every shop anyway that he never sees, the cheek of him. I think he just looks for a reason to be loud and ignorant to people. He loves the sound of his own fluctuating voice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ann im just curious but what age are u IRL ya remind me of some1 dat talks about corrie in a similar manner i know your not d same person but just wondering haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I know Cookie! He's only known them for about 2wks (slight exaggeration)..and they're irritating little runts anyway. The roars of him at the social workers. I think he has 4 or 5 kids in every shop anyway that he never sees, the cheek of him. I think he just looks for a reason to be loud and ignorant to people. He loves the sound of his own fluctuating voice I think.

He is without a doubt the most ignorant opinionted loud greasy character on Corrie and why Sunita got back with him and dumped that lovely guy she was with i will never understand...........and yeah, those two kids are loud little spoilt brats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Joshua is another one that im not a fan of. I love little Simon though!! He's adorable. He was really good last night too when he was confessing to hitting Dev's son.

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Joshua is another one that im not a fan of. I love little Simon though!! He's adorable. He was really good last night too when he was confessing to hitting Dev's son.

By a mile, he is the best child actor on any of the soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Great description. All week I've been thinking whenever Dev comes onscreen "He is truly a terrible, terrible actor." Although I think he's good in small doses, his hammy overACTINGaaah is comic relief but when it comes to drama, he doesn't.
    I think he has 4 or 5 kids in every shop anyway that he never sees, the cheek of him.

He's even got a grandkid.

If I remember correctly (and I may not) that was actually the straw that broke Sunita's back, after she found out that he'd had children with other employees and she meets one - a youngish girl with a babe-in-arms. Sunita first thought that he'd had an affair so recently that the baby was his but no, that child was his grandchild. And it was the fact that it'd been going on for so long that put the final nail in.

• Advertisement

Great description. All week I've been thinking whenever Dev comes onscreen "He is truly a terrible, terrible actor." Although I think he's good in small doses, his hammy overACTINGaaah is comic relief but when it comes to drama, he doesn't.

He's even got a grandkid.

If I remember correctly (and I may not) that was actually the straw that broke Sunita's back, after she found out that he'd had children with other employees and she meets one - a youngish girl with a babe-in-arms. Sunita first thought that he'd had an affair so recently that the baby was his but no, that child was his grandchild. And it was the fact that it'd been going on for so long that put the final nail in.

Would have been fun if little jack was born Indian or whatever Dev is. Molly would be no doubt if Kevin or Tyrone is the real dad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement