Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

mrDerek wrote: »
    ann im just curious but what age are u IRL ya remind me of some1 dat talks about corrie in a similar

manner i know your not d same person but just wondering haha

I'm a very immature 41yr old MrDerek:o.

Great description. All week I've been thinking whenever Dev comes onscreen "He is truly a terrible, terrible actor." Although I think he's good in small doses, his hammy overACTINGaaah is comic relief but when it comes to drama, he doesn't.

QUOTE]

The only good thing about him is Harry Hill's píss takes. Remember the one where he was flicking the dust off the tops of the cans..I forget what Harry was saying about it but it was deadly:).

I love Steve McDonald, he's a really funny fella. I'd say he's mad craic in real life. I love that clip they show on Corrie outtakes of him dressed up like one of the Sopranos' characters:D.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Would have been fun if little jack was born Indian or whatever Dev is. Molly would be no doubt if Kevin or Tyrone is the real dad.

If the child had've been Dev's it would've been a very easy labour. It likely would've skidded across the floor and bounced off the wall with all the grease:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ann22 wrote: »
    I love Steve McDonald, he's a really funny fella. I'd say he's mad craic in real life. I love that clip they show on Corrie outtakes of him dressed up like one of the Sopranos' characters:D.

I agree, I love/d Steve. The relationship with Becky has kinda ruined him, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I feel so stupid.

Iv only just started watching Coronation St again after aaaages.

To my disgust I saw what I thought was a grown up Chesney naked in bed with a girl and going back for more sexy time. I actually was making faces i found it so weird!

Turns out there is a new red haired lad in town since i last watched it. Goes by the name of Gary Windass. I feel so foolish.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

I feel so stupid.

Iv only just started watching Coronation St again after aaaages.

To my disgust I saw what I thought was a grown up Chesney naked in bed with a girl and going back for more sexy time. I actually was making faces i found it so weird!

Turns out there is a new red haired lad in town since i last watched it. Goes by the name of Gary Windass. I feel so foolish.....

I missed the 2nd helpings of Corrie tonight...The Consumer Show was on RTE1. Little Chesneys all grown up though.

Just about Gary Windass + co...who is the lad with the dark hair that has been hanging around with Gary? Anna is treating him like a son but im presuming he is in the army with Gary.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Anybody watching "The Road to Corrie" on Thursday? It's a one off drama about how Corrie first got on the air 50 years ago. On BBC4 at 9pm after the Thursday episode on ITV.
    Coronation Street Drama

The astonishing story behind the difficult birth of Britain's longest-running soap is revealed in this Coronation Street Drama (title tbc), a one off drama from ITV Studios.

As Coronation Street reaches its 50th Anniversary, the drama will take viewers back to 1960. Tony Warren was a writer with a dream of bringing to screen characters from the Salford he knew and loved – the tart with the heart, the snob, the harridan in a hair net.

The drama charts how Warren's vision made it to the screen against fierce opposition from his bosses. It's a story of boardroom battles and hopes dangled by threads. Northern actors and actresses, for so long resigned to working as background artistes, are for the first time given real characters and dialogue.

The Coronation Street Drama shows Granada Television's workforce stand behind one of their own and how executives decide to take a gamble – but one thing needs changing – the show's title. Florizel Street dies on the evening of 9 December 1960 as Coronation Street is born.

Legendary characters including Ena Sharples (Violet Carson), Elsie Tanner (Pat Phoenix) and Doris Speed (Annie Walker) will be brought back to life, alongside the much-loved Ken Barlow (William Roache).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/florizel-street/

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

eimearcmh wrote: »
    I missed the 2nd helpings of Corrie tonight...The Consumer Show was on RTE1. Little Chesneys all grown up though.

Just about Gary Windass + co...who is the lad with the dark hair that has been hanging around with Gary? Anna is treating him like a son but im presuming he is in the army with Gary.

I think his name is Quinn and he's in the Army with him.
    Good show tonight. Gary knocked that lad unconscious. I can just see this having a bad impact on him because of the Army

iguana wrote: »
    Anybody watching "The Road to Corrie" on Thursday? It's a one off drama about how Corrie first got on the air 50 years ago. On BBC4 at 9pm after the Thursday episode on ITV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/florizel-street/

I saw that article in the paper on Sun. Is it your man who's in Corrie now playing Ken's son, who plays Bill Roache in this drama. It looked like him in the photo but I thought he looked younger.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I saw that article in the paper on Sun. Is it your man who's in Corrie now playing Ken's son, who plays Bill Roache in this drama. It looked like him in the photo but I thought he looked younger.

His younger son, James, who's playing his Ken's new gay grandson.

Long trailer for it here;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Cookie33 wrote: »
    I think his name is Quinn and he's in the Army with him.
    Good show tonight. Gary knocked that lad unconscious. I can just see this having a bad impact on him because of the Army

Great show last night. That Kylie one has trouble written all over her. Gary should know better.

That said if a cute young one(how old is she meant to be?) offered me half a bottle of vodka and insinuated I could have 'owt' I wanted, I have to say I would be tempted too.

Do you think they will do 'The Rock' on him, and have the lad die? Meaning Gary gets sent to Colchester, instead of Afghanistan?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ken Barlow will catch his son's future wife Leanne Battersby romping with ex-hubby Nick Tilsley.

Ken (played by Bill Roache) threatens to tell bookie son Peter - and it looks like the Corrie wedding could be off.

The pair, left, get close after Leanne (Jane Danson) is taken on as bar manager at The Joinery by first love Nick (Ben Price).

A source told TV Biz: "Leanne is wracked with guilt over the affair.

She loves Peter, she loves his son Simon and they've been through a lot together - but Nick was her first love and she never got over that."

However, Peter (Chris Gascoyne) is not perfect either.

He had an affair earlier this year and committed bigamy the last time he got hitched.

Our source said: "Ken knows Peter is no angel, but blood is thicker than water and his loyalty is to Peter.

"He's worried for his son and for little Simon.

"Leanne regrets her affair with Nick, but there is a chance if Ken doesn't blab, Nick will."

So obvious it was going to happen :rolleyes:

Who did Peter have the affair with?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

syklops wrote: »
    Do you think they will do 'The Rock' on him, and have the lad die? Meaning Gary gets sent to Colchester, instead of Afghanistan?

I doubt it cos I thought i heard a rumour they were going to bring an army/war storyline into this.

Not sure but there is rumours going around that him and Carla will get close due to both their drinking problems

Was he with some quare one when he was hammered one night? That's vaguely familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I have a feeling that Gary might end up in a wheelchair after going to Afghanistan. I think the story between him and Izzy is teasing something out for later in the year? It would be a good story, something very real that's happening in the UK at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Stephen P wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Gary might end up in a wheelchair after going to Afghanistan. I think the story between him and Izzy is teasing something out for later in the year? It would be a good story, something very real that's happening in the UK at the moment.

I would love to see more disabled people in the soaps, and if Gary does have to use a wheelchair in the future, i would hope they would do the story line right.

Just wondering, when the soaps do introduce a disabled character, why do they always have to be in a wheel chair. If Corri was to have Gary disabled and in a wheel chair he would be the third character to have to use one that i can remember, Izzy and Maude Grimes before him. Not all physically disabled people have to use a chair. Some are able to get round by using Crutches.

Becky really píssed me off this week, defending Kylie over the missing £50. Anyone else find that irritating? I mean, she knows what a chancer her sister is, why be so defensive? Like, she knows who the likely culprit is:mad:. Another thing, why is she so disrespectful of Liz? She's her mother in law ffs! AND, she's given her scumbag sister and her offspring a home.:confused: Cheeky cow! Steve's too good for them.:(

Becky really píssed me off this week, defending Kylie over the missing £50. Anyone else find that irritating? I mean, she knows what a chancer her sister is, why be so defensive? Like, she knows who the likely culprit is:mad:. Another thing, why is she so disrespectful of Liz? She's her mother in law ffs! AND, she's given her scumbag sister and her offspring a home.:confused: Cheeky cow! Steve's too good for them.:(

Why oh why oh why did Steve leave the lovely, gorgeous, sexy Michelle, for that rough alcoholic skanger? I know she has a good heart, but he had everything a man could ask for in Michelle.

Most unbelievable storyline ever imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I have a thing for Gary Windass- should I seek professional help?

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

I dont think so. If I was a girl I would probably think he is fit. Plus he is honorable and courageous while still maintaining his bad boy streak.

Why oh why oh why did Steve leave the lovely, gorgeous, sexy Michelle, for that rough alcoholic skanger? I know she has a good heart, but he had everything a man could ask for in Michelle.

Most unbelievable storyline ever imo.

I know she's meant to be the tart with a heart and all but the way she's stubbornly refusing to even suspect the little tramp is really annoying.I hate the way she chews gum and the way she drinks annoys me too. She purses her lips and sort of scrunches up her face the way Janice does before she swigs from the glass. She's all elbows and knees too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

efb wrote: »

I think that Kylie wan is a total hottie.

I don't need professional help as I know I'm a degenerate already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I quite fancy the builder Owen.......what's wrong with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

STOP EVERYTHING!!!!!!

David has a goatee?! :eek:

Also, did I just see Natasha, who's supposed to be pregnant, openly drinking champagne? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

she said that one drink wouldnt hurt as it was her engagement party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I quite fancy the builder Owen.......what's wrong with me?!

Ah come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Gail should be sacked, she already got a warning before when Nick burst into the surgery when Natastia was with the doc.

casio4 wrote: »
    Gail should be sacked, she already got a warning before when Nick burst into the surgery when Natastia was with the doc.

What did she do? I'll be seeing it tonight anyway.

I would love to see that Doctor catching her going through Natashas files. I would love the look on his face, and I would love him saying:

Doctor:"Gail, get your coat"
    Gail(all smiles, glint in her eye):"Have I pulled?"
    Doctor:"No, you have been sacked. You are the weakest link. Goodbye".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

What did she do? I'll be seeing it tonight anyway.

I would love to see that Doctor catching her going through Natashas files. I would love the look on his face, and I would love him saying:

Doctor:"Gail, get your coat"
    Gail(all smiles, glint in her eye):"Have I pulled?"
    Doctor:"No, you have been sacked. You are the weakest link. Goodbye".

Gail should totally be sacked, but hello.....???
    If you were Natasha would you go to the medical centre where your b'f's mother works? It's all a bit convenient for Gail !!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement