Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Alicat wrote: »
    No, surely not....isn't she meant to start an affair with Nick?

That's what I was thinking too, but is there anyone else engaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I really hope that Gail gets sacked for checking a patients medical history without permission.If that really happened she would never work in the health service again.She really is a right battle axe.She thinks no woman is ever any good for her Nick:mad:

That Sally Webster is beginning to annoy me too. she is such a snob!!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

What about Graeme and Tina for the wedding??

Cookie33 wrote: »

Hope not - I don't find them believable as a couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

lizt wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking too, but is there anyone else engaged?

Well normally I find that in soaps couples can jump quickly from being together to getting engaged to getting married, in a very short space of time. They tend not to have 2 or 3 year engagements because it would make for a slow storyline.

What about Carla and her man?

Or Liz and the builder guy?

Or even Jack and his lady friend? As part of his exit?

Anyone's fair game in Soapland :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Cookie33 wrote: »

Or Norris and Mary, or maybe even Norris and Emily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Does anyone else think Rita was uncharacteristically hard on Tina and Graeme?

I think that particular storyline was pretty pathetic to begin with. They left the water running in the bath because they 'got distracted'(were having sex). Who in the real world would admit so openly that that is how they got distracted in the first place.

The daftness of the plot aside, Rita seemed very hard on them. I would have expected Norris to be the one up in arms about it, but he only said about 2 words on the subject. Rita was the one going on about Grahams stints in prison, that maybe he was no good. It didnt seem like her.

The ceiling boards in the cabin would want to be checked out. That was the second time that water has come through them. Remember Reg's Water Bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

This isn't really revenge so far is it? She just sounds barmy.

This must be where she has it out with Gail, and then she dies/kills herself and
    Gail gets blamed for it, another murder case!
    I thought the rumour sounded far-fetched but maybe it's true :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Natasha is completely batty, but it was pretty nice seeing the smug grin wiped off Gail's face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh god. The fake tram.

Brilliant! Hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

lovely, Gail got the sack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carla Connor will stun Corrie fans - by telling Peter Barlow she loves him.

She falls for the ex-alcoholic this winter when he helps her fight her own booze demons.

Bookie Peter (Chris Gascoyne) tell the sexy knicker factory boss that he is there whenever she struggles.

Romance quickly blossoms, but there's a snag - Peter is set to marry Carla's best pal Leanne Battersby. Carla (Alison King), has had a hard time since lover Liam Connor was killed. She owns up to her feelings after she is arrested for drink-driving.

As Peter picks her up from the police station, she bursts out that she loves him.

A source told TV Biz: "Carla is feeling vulnerable and Peter is there. They soon become more than friends. He's stunned when she tells him she hasn't felt like this about anyone since Liam." The pair try to stay away from each other for Leanne's sake.

But all bets are off when Leanne, played by Jane Danson, confides in Carla that she is back in love with ex-husband Nick Tilsley.

Our source added: "This storyline will really put the cat among the pigeons."

Source - The Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

OK, it was me, I stole Rita's Credit Card..
    Anyone wanna buy a posh BBQ? (Don't know why I bought it)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Our source added: "This storyline will really put the cat among the pigeons."

Source - The Sun

The Sun's usual in-depth analysis.

I can't really talk. Dialogue from our sofa last night . . .

Himself (to Natasha): Go to the Doctors ! Go to the Doctors !
    Herself: Will you just listen to yourself.

Anyway, a nice exit for my favourite character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

What next for Gail now. She's bound to find a job soon and on the street.

Return to the cafe? Return to the pub? Or a new career path; mechanic in the garage. Brian did it, Nick did it; she might know something.
    Or will she be a tram victim.

I don't remember Gail working in the pub :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

casio4 wrote: »
    I don't remember Gail working in the pub :eek:

I don't remember it either but she worked there in 1976 as Gail Potter. She's gone through a fair few names since then.

maybe Audrey will give Gail a job in the salon she would be working with David, a real family affair :D

Alicat wrote: »
    Well normally I find that in soaps couples can jump quickly from being together to getting engaged to getting married, in a very short space of time. They tend not to have 2 or 3 year engagements because it would make for a slow storyline.

What about Carla and her man?

Or Liz and the builder guy?

Or even Jack and his lady friend? As part of his exit?

Anyone's fair game in Soapland :D

I dont give Carla and Trevor much more than a week. It was a seriously bad idea them starting to work together. Especially as it seems Trevor cant work a mobile phone.

He's a nice guy with pride and honour and I think will go back to emptying bins very soon. Most likely in Sheffield.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen Corrie in ages. Is Natasha gone?

she left in a taxi

Epicurus wrote: »
    What next for Gail now. She's bound to find a job soon and on the street.

Working in the new pub that is supposed to be opening under the viaduct, the place where Andy and Steve used to run a pirate radio station with vicky.

So I was watching one of my favourite series last night, Red Cap, and who should appear on screen in front of me only Rachel Leskovac, who plays Natasha. It was a sudden pleasant surprise. Then about 5 mins later who should appear only Chris O'Dowd who plays Roy in the IT Crowd. It was a nice "Look where they are now" moment.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Working in the new pub that is supposed to be opening under the viaduct, the place where Andy and Steve used to run a pirate radio station with vicky.

That bar will fail. Given the choice of looking at Michelle behind the bar in the Rovers, or Gail behind the bar beneath the Viaduct, I know where I would go for my pint of Bitter.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    That bar will fail. Given the choice of looking at Michelle behind the bar in the Rovers, or Gail behind the bar beneath the Viaduct, I know where I would go for my pint of Bitter.

I'm pretty sure the bar will have it's opening night the day the tram crash happens. Down into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Ha! i loved gails face when the dr came out as she was fighting with deirdre!

scheming hoo-er

deirdre rubbed it in a bit there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ha! i loved gails face when the dr came out as she was fighting with deirdre!

scheming hoo-er

Trouble is, if Gail gets some good advice, she has a perfect case for reinstatement on procedural grounds. The smart-arse doctor gave her a final warning, instant dismissal, and turned down her appeal in front of a waiting room full of patients, without any documentation, representation, or written warnings.

I'd be only too willing to represent her at any tribunal. She'd definitely finish up back in Weatherfield Prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I dunno about that O-Dog, surely going through confidential files and relaying the information to a third party (Nick) would mean instant dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct.

It's gotta be very high on the list of no-nos, up there with
    • coming into work high,
    • stealing medicine or equipment and
    • performing an appendectomy on a patient because the actual doctor isn't back from lunch yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement