Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I dunno about that O-Dog, surely going through confidential files and relaying the information to a third party (Nick) would mean instant dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct.

Proper procedure in the NHS would be to suspend her pending an investigation, whereupon she would definitely have been fired for breaking confidentiality. If she brought a case I doubt she would get her job back but the doctor would probably be given a warning for not following procedure.

However as it's a tv show that's only on for 110 minutes a week I can suspend reality quite easily in this instance for the sake of the great pay-off both when she got fired and when Deirdre took her job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

casio4 wrote: »
    deirdre rubbed it in a bit there:D

Deirdre:"I can fit you in week on Tuesday.

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Imagine if Deirdre starts pointing her lustful loins in the direction of the new dishy doc...:eek: It'd be like her.. the dirty wagon, she truly believes she's a sex goddess.

I thought it was a bit unlifelike btw, the way he reprimanded Gail in front of a full waiting room. Not that the twisted little goblin didn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I dunno about that O-Dog, surely going through confidential files and relaying the information to a third party (Nick) would mean instant dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct.

It's gotta be very high on the list of no-nos, up there with
    • coming into work high,
    • stealing medicine or equipment and
    • performing an appendectomy on a patient because the actual doctor isn't back from lunch yet.

Love your reply, and Iguana's too.
    I just want to see Gail behind bars once again - preferably with Tracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I would riddle that new doc with all things....

Physician, heal thyself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tracy Barlow will make her return to Coronation Street on Christmas Eve, it has been confirmed.

The Weatherfield superbitch - played by actress Kate Ford - was last seen on screen in May, when she made a failed attempt to get her 15-year jail sentence cut by testifying in court against former neighbour Gail McIntyre.

Show bosses had always planned for Tracy to make a full-time comeback by the end of the year, but the exact time of her return had been kept under wraps until now.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson revealed that a plot twist will see Tracy get out of prison - to the surprise of her family and the rest of the Street's residents.

Collinson explained: "Tracy will be back on Christmas Eve and, as you can imagine, she is the last person who everyone is expecting to see. Her family have no idea she's been let out, so they are completely shocked. But how she gets out of prison is something we want to keep a secret."

He added: "I'm really excited about all the trouble she'll cause. She's always loved Steve McDonald and the fact that they have a child together means that they will always have a bond. It's going to be interesting to see how Becky copes.

"And then there's also the small matter of Gail. She was nearly jailed because of Tracy's false testimony, so there will be quite a bit going on between them. The Street will still be getting over the tram crash. And then Tracy's back - which will bring its own disaster for some of the characters."

Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, recently told DS that "all hell" will break loose following Tracy's return to the cobbles.

Source Digital Spy

So she gets 15 years in jail, then commits purjury, and gets let out?? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I know it is a soap, and I know in soaps Kids grew at super-human, and the laws of time and the Universe do not apply but even then they are going to have to come up with a really good reason for her to be let out.

On a side note, wasn't Les Battersby let out of prison and then tagged? Could they tag her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

haha the state of Dev with the brandy! He is so ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

syklops wrote: »
    So she gets 15 years in jail, then commits purjury, and gets let out?? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I know it is a soap, and I know in soaps Kids grew at super-human, and the laws of time and the Universe do not apply but even then they are going to have to come up with a really good reason for her to be let out.

On a side note, wasn't Les Battersby let out of prison and then tagged? Could they tag her?

It's just annoying now..why did they put her in jail in the first place if they're gonna keep bringing her back for a few episodes here and there everytime the show needs more drama and ratings? She'll probably kidnap Amy...I think thats the only thing her character hasn't done yet! Or has she?!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Platt will be diagnosed with epilepsy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Epicurus wrote: »
    What next for Gail now. She's bound to find a job soon and on the street.

Return to the cafe? Return to the pub? Or a new career path; mechanic in the garage. Brian did it, Nick did it; she might know something.
    Or will she be a tram victim.

Or perhaps she could secure some work as an E.T. impersonator?

haha the state of Dev with the brandy! He is so ridiculous

I often wonder where the hell they found Dev and why they keep him in it but honestly I'd be sad if he left - everytime he comes on the screen our house hushes just to hear what overblown elaborate way he is going to deliver the most mundane of lines. Amazing stuff!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    David Platt will be diagnosed with epilepsy

What like proper
    epilepsy
    , or like "Aw, bless, there is obviously something seriously wrong with his head, but not enough to be committed, so I will just say he is
    epileptic
    , and it will all be fine.

Like the kids who get labelled with ADD, when in it turns out they are dyslexic, short sighted, or just bored.

In other news, Tayto crisps just got mentioned on Corrie!!!

God, what I would give for tayto crisps now. My ma' and da' came to visit me for the first time last week, so I still have, courtesy of their journey, half a leg of lamb, Clonakilty black pudding, Denny sausages, and Rudd's rashers in the freezer. But tayto crisps, followed by a goodfellas pepperoni pizza(czech pizza is awful), and an apple pie with HB ice-cream... I think I there are few things I would not do for one for any of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Who mentioned Tayto, Skylops? Was it Ciarán? Aw I love Tayto c&o...even with plain tomato sandwiches.

I can't get Tayto plain salted crisps anywhere. I'd started to get over it, Skylops, so thanks so much for posting.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Who mentioned Tayto, Skylops? Was it Ciarán? Aw I love Tayto c&o...even with plain tomato sandwiches.

Ciaran was talking about his mammy sending him stuff when he was in the navy.
    I can't get Tayto plain salted crisps anywhere. I'd started to get over it, Skylops, so thanks so much for posting.

Well at least you have hope of getting them somewhere. I have no hope, do I?

And btw, its sYklops, not sky-lops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Anyone else cry when Jack said he was dying?! :( tis an end of an era! Like when Vera went, i was in floods!

Finally Ciaran and Michelle get together, how long has it been lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Is Ciaran leaving for good or is he just taking a break from the show? Its been almost to long candy-gal1 :-)

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Is Ciaran leaving for good or is he just taking a break from the show? Its been almost to long candy-gal1 :-)

I think he's off to prepare for the upcoming Boyzone tour.

syklops wrote: »

Well at least you have hope of getting them somewhere. I have no hope, do I?

And btw, its sYklops, not sky-lops.

Sorry - I was following Ann22.

I bought some in Crete once. So don't give up hope. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    I think he's off to prepare for the upcoming Boyzone tour.

I think it's the 'Cashing in on Steo's Death' Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

optogirl wrote: »
    I think it's the 'Cashing in on Our Brudder Steo's Death' Tour

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

mrDerek wrote: »
    :eek: Jesus Christ Almighty dont click that link in work...or eating your dinner...or at all!

She's a few months off 60, she doesn't look bad at all.

Why is it, that when I type Helen Worth(who plays Gail) into google, I get a picture of Kermit the frog??

Try it!

:confused:

This is one ridiculous story! So now he's pretending to be Colin Fishwick posing as John Stape - run for the hills Fizbomb. I hate the way they make him out to be this intellectual aswell just cos he's a teacher ( a la Barlow) - did you see the cut of him reclining on his couch with not a care in the world reading HG Wells and munching on a cream slice from Roys Rolls. Never is he haunted by the fact that he once kidnapped a 16 year old neighbour he was having an affair with....

How many times did Izzie's dad say John's name. "John, where is he John?" "Do you know what he's doing John? Do you John?" "John, don't you care John," "I don't care that he's your brother-in-law John, he's sleeping with my daughter, John!" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Corrie has taken the john stappe storyline to far. I mean its getting totally unbelievable now and painful to watch! Anyone else think your one who plays Izzy is a terrible actress?? She does a thing with her hands eveery time she asks a question, that annoys me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement