Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just a quick question about Norris's new shop assistant (the one who looks like she should be working in the mogue). Was she in Corrie before playing a cleaner (I think) in the Rovers - and the character dropped dead behind the bar. Then in the following episode the same actress played the character's sister. She looks very like her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Just a quick question about Norris's new shop assistant (the one who looks like she should be working in the mogue). Was she in Corrie before playing a cleaner (I think) in the Rovers - and the character dropped dead behind the bar. Then in the following episode the same actress played the character's sister. She looks very like her?

She has been in Corrie before playing some minor roles; Shirley Preston amongst a few others. i think its her anyway. The part of Joan is played by Maggie Tagney, the one you are thinking of, Edna Miller, was played by Joan Kempson. They do look alike though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Epicurus wrote: »
    She has been in Corrie before playing some minor roles; Shirley Preston amongst a few others. i think its her anyway. The part of Joan is played by Maggie Tagney, the one you are thinking of, Edna Miller, was played by Joan Kempson. They do look alike though.

Shirley Preston, was she the blonde character that was raped by Alan Bradley. I know the actress he raped also appeared in The Bill, often seen working in an office seen digging up files and info on certain people.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Shirley Preston, was she the blonde character that was raped by Alan Bradley. I know the actress he raped also appeared in The Bill, often seen working in an office seen digging up files and info on certain people.

No, Shirley was Tracy luv's mother in law. The woman he tried to rape was Dawn Prescott, who later went off with Mike Baldwin

Is this the return to the cobbles for Michael Vernon Baldwin.

According to the Daily Star, Johnny Briggs thinks he could make a Dallas-style comeback like Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy) who emerged from the shower a year after he was apparently killed.
    Asked if he could possibly go back to Corrie, Johnny told the newspaper: "Why not - I think it could work.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/105545/CORRIE-Mike-wants-nasty-twin/

Pure ridiculous. I know it's their 50th anniversary soon, but this would be a bit much

• Advertisement

I love Roy Cropper, one of the best characters in the show. Cant believe he has been on the street with 14 years..have I been watching it that long :eek:.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/10/28/coronation-street-i-secretly-made-roy-cropper-autistic-to-stop-him-being-axed-115875-21778248/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

We just saw the arrival of a nice pair of naked titties there.

Is this the return to the cobbles for Michael Vernon Baldwin.

According to the Daily Star, Johnny Briggs thinks he could make a Dallas-style comeback like Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy) who emerged from the shower a year after he was apparently killed.
    Asked if he could possibly go back to Corrie, Johnny told the newspaper: "Why not - I think it could work.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/105545/CORRIE-Mike-wants-nasty-twin/

Pure ridiculous. I know it's their 50th anniversary soon, but this would be a bit much

Maybe Emily might be the one that will wake up and find him. Bit of a contrast to Pam.

Some serious bad news on the departures front ;)

After five years entertaining us, she has decided to call it a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

good riddance to bad rubbish *coughs* Kelly Crabtree

• Advertisement

Some serious bad news on the departures front ;)

After five years entertaining us, she has decided to call it a day.

I dont think she will be missed too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

JP Liz wrote: »
    good riddance to bad rubbish *coughs* Kelly Crabtree

+100!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I dont think she will be missed too much.

I don't think so... she was never a major character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Think she was meant to be a Raquel type glamourous empty head but she's not as likeable imo.

Julie Carp attacks her half-sister Eileen *Grimshaw after discovering she’s behind her sacking.
    #bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
    As our dramatic picture shows, the warring sisters grab at each other’s hair like two schoolgirls.

The fight erupts after Eileen discovers Julie has been plotting with dozy *boyfriend Jesse Chadwick behind her back.

Annoyed by their deceit she tells the children’s entertainer to give Julie the sack or else he’s dumped.

Jesse does exactly what is asked of him and tells Julie they can no longer work together.

He refuses to admit the truth behind her sacking but it doesn’t take long for the dippy blonde to get to the bottom of it all.
    And as soon as she does she confronts Eileen with the truth.

A Corrie insider said: “When Eileen first found out Julie was working as Jesse’s *assistant she did not like it one bit. So the pair decided to go behind her back and continue working together.

“But when Eileen accuses Jesse of *having an affair, he’s forced to come clean and tell her the truth about Julie.

“She gives him the ultimatum and there’s no way he’s going to risk his *relationship to carry on working with *Julie.

“But when Julie finds out what Eileen has done she’s furious. She can’t *understand why she wouldn’t trust her with her man.

“Things get so heated she lashes out. They end up pulling at each other’s hair in the living room.

“It’s all very *childish but neither will back down.

“It’ll take some doing for them to make up after this. They’ve never had the best of relationships and this just adds to their problems.”

The fight is on November 16 on ITV1.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Think she was meant to be a Raquel type glamourous empty head but she's not as likeable imo.

She is not fit to tie Raquels shoe laces. Raquel while she was a feather head, she was liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Here's the story line around Kelly's departure.

She falls madly in love with Dev, and also with his uncle. Unable to decide, she elopes with the pair of them.

This is not a spoiler, just my wildest dream.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Here's the story line around Kelly's departure.

She falls madly in love with Dev, and also with his uncle. Unable to decide, she elopes with the pair of them.

This is not a spoiler, just my wildest dream.

lol can you imagine the kids that could be spawned from that pairing :eek:

Kelly is suppose to hook up with Nick but dumps him when she finds out about him and Tina

lol can you imagine the kids that could be spawned from that pairing :eek:

No need. They'd be automatically strangled at birth.

• Advertisement

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has revealed that romance could be on the cards for her character Michelle Connor and Weatherfield returnee Ciaran McCarthy.

The actress told The Mirror that the womanising Irishman, played by Keith Duffy, will be seen taking a shine to Michelle when he arrives back on the cobbles in February.

"I haven't met Keith yet, but I've heard that Michelle catches Ciaran's eye, so there could be something developing there."

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has revealed that romance could be on the cards for her character Michelle Connor and Weatherfield returnee Ciaran McCarthy.

The actress told The Mirror that the womanising Irishman, played by Keith Duffy, will be seen taking a shine to Michelle when he arrives back on the cobbles in February.

"I haven't met Keith yet, but I've heard that Michelle catches Ciaran's eye, so there could be something developing there."
    She'll be spoiled for choice if thats the case seen as Jake is coming back in a few weeks

ughhh does she have to get up on every single bloody man in the street, really hate her character, shes so judgmental yet shes a complete slapper herself. Delighted Steve left her for Beckie also delighted she didnt get her claws into Peter Barlow, was hoping the spoiler might be shes leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Is
    Tina hooking up with Nick
    not a bit insestuos,

I mean Jason and Todd both did Sarah, Nick and Jason have both done Maria, and I think they were both did Candice as well,Todd kissed Nick,
    now Nick is doing his little brother's ex too ? Ugh.

ben.jpg

ben.jpg

2 good for the skank too :rolleyes:
    ps does joe die before xmas??

2 good for the skank too :rolleyes:
    ps does joe die before xmas??

No. he's around till sometime next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Anyone know whether Roy is leaving? I just can't wait until thursday night to find out!!

Roy Cropper survives and he is staying

• Advertisement

He floats to safety aboard his copy of Habitats of the Great Crested Newt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement