Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Colmo52 wrote: »
    county fan?

Aye..

Potential Spoiler:-

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

lizt wrote: »
    Also where was Gail "My son is in there, I'm not leaving" Platt tonight? I know she was in the medical centre but I thought she'd be there when Nick came out!

I'd say any actors who regularly fluff their lines during shooting were kept out of this episode. Emily, Deirdre and Gail were nowhere to be seen tonight. Nor were any of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iguana wrote: »
    I'd say any actors who regularly fluff their lines during shooting were kept out of this episode. Emily, Deirdre and Gail were nowhere to be seen tonight. Nor were any of the children.

Yeah, I suppose. You'd be raging if you were a regular cast member and you saw the script and you weren't in it!!

Well congratulations Digital Spy user DS2006!!!!:eek: I can't believe with all of the times I had to watch the tram explosion I never noticed this shot a split second before the joinery exploded.

ru0902.png

Whoever is in that car is the dead father of 3.

(Yay, Roy and Hayley are saved!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was just about to ask where is Deirdre supposed to be? she would have been there at Peters bedside any other time

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    I was just about to ask where is Deirdre supposed to be? she would have been there at Peters bedside any other time

She's supposedly minding Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Well congratulations Digital Spy user DS2006!!!!:eek: I can't believe with all of the times I had to watch the tram explosion I never noticed this shot a split second before the joinery exploded.

ru0902.png

Whoever is in that car is the dead father of 3.

(Yay, Roy and Hayley are saved!!!)

Bookies still taking bets, so if we can do a Number Plate lookup on that car we are in for a windfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

That was an amazing episode! Considering that it was all live, it was sensational! The acting was excellent and no major fluff ups! I seem to be one of the few that like Peter, so I hope he's saved some how. Jane Danson did some amazing acting here, btw.

As regards Izzie standing, I definitely remember scenes in the Rovers where she was sitting on a chair and her wheelchair was beside her, I remember pointing it out to someone. Also, I've now just done a search on wikipedia and it says she is in a wheelchair in real life, so that wouldn't have been a fluff up.

I think Rita will survive somehow, I don't think they'll kill her off this way, she's been in the show longer than Jack was!
    I also don't think the father of three was a character on the street, maybe it just put in by the writers to make it seem a tad more realistic that it wasn't just characters that were killed by this.

I presume all the deaths will be known by the end of tomorrow nights episode?! Can't wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What about the Windass guy (can't think of his name) Garys dad? Can he drive with his limp? It'd be no loss if they got rid of him.

He drives a taxi :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just got to watching this now, absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You mean this.. :D

All good so far... And that last doctor appeared far too happy considering the news he was bringing... otherwise excellent..

As difficult as that was to watch at the time, it seems more natural than the way soap episodes are shown.
    Fittle wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's mad that they can get the priest, the registrar and the 'special licence' to marry them, before they can get the doctor who has to operate?

Anyone try calling the weatherfield helpline? :p

That episode didn't feel live whatsoever, I'm not suggesting it wasn't, it's just a testament to all involved.
    I kind of enjoyed the live Eastenders more because it was so ropey (in comparison).

So Ashley and Molly are definitely dead, that's two down. Two to go.

I'm fairly certain Peter will be resuscitated and survive the surgery. I also think they'll rescue Rita.

I'm not sure about Charlotte, if she survives she will either go straight to the police about John or have amnesia. I don't see the former happening and the latter will be a crap storyline. So hopefully she goes.

That leaves the car driver and the only father of 3 on the street, that I can think of, is Bill Webster, who hasn't been around all week so it could very well be him. But if he dies, his death will be overshadowed by Sally finding out about the affair, which would be a bit of a crap send off for a character who has been around for nearly 27 years. Unless they want to draw a parallel to Tyrone with Kevin losing his father and Ty losing his father figure, Jack while they both have ruined personal lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I actually can't believe that was live. It was actually better production value and acting than normally filmed episodes!

Not thrilled about the idea of Peter dead though... I think (hope) it's just throwing us off the scent!

OisinT wrote: »
    I actually can't believe that was live. It was actually better production value and acting than normally filmed episodes!

Not thrilled about the idea of Peter dead though... I think (hope) it's just throwing us off the scent!

I think so too. When the tram crash happened and Ashley was fine, I said straight away, he's going to die. They led us to believe that he was fine so that's why it was more of a shock when he died (but not really as we all knew his contract was up).

I actually think it could be someone who seems fine now but will suddenly take ill...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thought tonight was amazing. Most of the performances were fantastic and those that weren't I'm ready to forgive.

Anyone else think that Dev will end up being more seriously injured than supposed and die from an internal bleed or something.

Also, I wonder if body number 4 will be Kevin after Sally has finished with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I dont think all of that episode was live. I reckon there was parts of that pre-recorded. Could be wrong was just to good to be live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

did anyone hear when kirk asked maria in the pub how was louise and william??? who the heck are louise and willaim? ive come to the conclusin he mixed up his lines. anyone else hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I thought he was asking after Louise and Liam. Liam being Marias baby, obviously, and I assumed Louise was the babysitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

oh ok - louise and liam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

blondie7 wrote: »
    I dont think all of that episode was live. I reckon there was parts of that pre-recorded. Could be wrong was just to good to be live

If it wasn't all live then surely they would have introduced some of the more regular characters like Gail and Deirdre into it rather than ommiting them altogether...

Why is it so hard to believe it was all live? They are professional actors after all.
    Just because Eastenders had a couple of hiccups doesn't mean Coronation Street should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The only cast missing from the live show and tram episodes so far are Michelle, Jim, Bill and Pam could one of them be dead also :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm pretty sure that Peter will survive.

I'm convinced if he was meant to die, they would have left the viewers in absolutely no doubt that he was dead last night.

Instead they leave everyone be 99% sure he's dead and then shock everyone, typical soap storyline.

Watch out for Liz, I have a sneaky suspicion she's been killed, just back from Spain or where ever she was. I'm pretty sure she's leaving anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I thought the actors were amazing last night.........the only thing i was disappointed with was the return of Kylie and that whole storyline, just pointless and dragged out.

I think there is suppose to be 4 funerals and a wedding - so far Ashley and Molly are dead and Charlotte and Peter could be also yet I think Peter survives

The wedding I assume is Leanne and Peter

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    I thought the actors were amazing last night.........the only thing i was disappointed with was the return of Kylie and that whole storyline, just pointless and dragged out.

I hated that storyline, when she first came into it I assumed the whole point of Kylie was that she'd be trammed. Disappointing as it was that she wasn't, I really didn't need a great edge of your seat episode to be periodically interrupted by her sour maw and ridiculous story. Also, there is no way on earth a shop like Dev's would ever have 5 grand in the safe. That peed me right off. It's a suspension of reality too far.

I hated that storyline, when she first came into it I assumed the whole point of Kylie was that she'd be trammed. Disappointing as it was that she wasn't, I really didn't need a great edge of your seat episode to be periodically interrupted by her sour maw and ridiculous story. Also, there is no way on earth a shop like Dev's would ever have 5 grand in the safe. That peed me right off. It's a suspension of reality too far.

Well we don't know how much was in the safe... Although I agree it would be a little bit too convenient if there was 5 grand.

She will probably try and steal cash from the Kabin also but save Rita in the process :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

How come when John threw yer one's body on the rubble, the Police officer wasn't wondering at all how someone who apparently had a building fall on them was ON TOP of the rubble instead of underneath it - and with fairly clean clothes?

These Weatherfield Police men/women aren't the most observant are they? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

The live episode was fantastic. The storylines have all been great recently. Leanne deserves an award for her acting.

I can't believe Charlotte didn't die. I was looking forward to watching future episodes without that whiny cow. I hope they kill her off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Have RTE given a figure as to how many watched Fair City and Have TV3 done like wise for Corri. It would be interesting to see how much of drop/rise there was in viewers of the shows as they went out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement