Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

What about Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

In the final music scenes they shot to a clip of rubble with bank notes strewn around it - did Becky throw that money back in or did I miss something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

thomasj wrote: »
    What about Sunday night?

Hasn't been on Sunday in a while. Plus there's the X factor final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

You'd wonder where the bunch of flowers came from on the butchers step.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

deelite wrote: »
    In the final music scenes they shot to a clip of rubble with bank notes strewn around it - did Becky throw that money back in or did I miss something.

The safe was open when Becky went to get the money so I'd say the notes were just the few she didn't pocket in the rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What was with the music very odd choice...

I thought a bit of Johny Cash would have been more apt...

"I hear the train a coming, it's rolling round the bend,
    Went straight through Rita's cabin, And that was the end of them"..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I read everywhere that tonight was the night when there was another death.

Everywhere.

I'm getting bored trying to figure out who dies now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Maybe Diggory will die when he hears of Molly's demise.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It must be Jim in the car with pics of Andy, Steve and Katie in his wallet/glove compartment that were intact when the fireman tried to identify him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's a load of bollix lads. I'm never listening to their hype ever again - cos they said some much loved characters were going to die and it would shock.

There's only been Ashley who's barely had a story for years and who we've known was leaving for the last year nearly.

Then there was Charlette who's been a minor character for 5 minutes.

Molly who we also knew for ages was leaving too, and is also a relatively new character.

The 4th death is probably baby Hope or baby Jack who don't even count as characters.

Load of 5hite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's a load of bollix lads. I'm never listening to their hype ever again - cos they said some much loved characters were going to die and it would shock.

There's only been Ashley who's barely had a story for years and who we've known was leaving for the last year nearly.

Then there was Charlette who's been a minor character for 5 minutes and didn't even die in the disaster.

Molly who we also knew for ages was leaving too, and is also a relatively new character.

The 4th death is probably baby Hope or baby Jack who don't even count as characters.

Load of 5hite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Fittle wrote: »
    I read everywhere that tonight was the night when there was another death.

Everywhere.

I'm getting bored trying to figure out who dies now.

Horseface died!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Horseface died!

I think you're on the wrong thread - this is about Corrie not about Sex and the City...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

chucken1 wrote: »
    You'd wonder where the bunch of flowers came from on the butchers step.....
    someone probably found them outside Devs shop, didn't he always have bunches of flowers outside the shop :D:D (i'm joking of course they would be covered in rubble by now);)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

What did Carla just say?? Dip dip dip my blue ___________

lols

For the youngsters among you, what Carla said was the beginning of a rhyme that used to be said in England years ago. Went something like:

"Dip dip my blue ship, sailing on the water, like a cup and saucer, dip dip dip you're not it". It was used as a way of selecting someone to be on your team when you were playing games.

I doubt that most kids these days would know this rhyme....aah god, I"m getting old :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I thought that Julia Haworth played her part brillinatly this evening. What a pity she is going. Could be brilliant with a different partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Rita - "What is it with me and trams?!"

Aw :o
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    "What is it with me and Trams?!"

LOL Rita :D:D

Yeah when I heard Rita say those words I had a good laugh.She does have a point though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 becca86

I heard somewhere that Sally and Tyrone are meant to end up having an affair???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

becca86 wrote: »
    I heard somewhere that Sally and Tyrone are meant to end up having an affair???? :eek:

I heard that too. That Sally wants to 'get back' at Kevin. I really hope it isn't true.
    They spend New Years together apparently.

I was looking for a youtube vid of the "live corrie mistakes" but alas there was none.. If all those scenes were live (and I have no other reason to believe that they werent other than the fact that it went so well), then a huge round of applause to everyone involved...

Molly and Sally were particularly good in the scene at the end..

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    I think you're on the wrong thread - this is about Corrie not about Sex and the City...:p

meeeowww + lol

casio4 wrote: »
    Bono will love that

Not on TV3, there they had the montage to Joan Baez. It's here from min 8, if you haven't seen it. http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=coronationstreet&tv3_preview=&video=30251

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Mollywolly wrote: »
    For the youngsters among you, what Carla said was the beginning of a rhyme that used to be said in England years ago. Went something like:

"Dip dip my blue ship, sailing on the water, like a cup and saucer, dip dip dip you're not it". It was used as a way of selecting someone to be on your team when you were playing games.

I doubt that most kids these days would know this rhyme....aah god, I"m getting old :(
    Our version went,dip dip dog **** can't remember what else went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Is that not it now for the deaths? I thought I heard someone on telly before Corrie started that there was only one death left, that was before Charlotte kicked the bucket......is there defo meant to be 4 going??

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Is that not it now for the deaths? I thought I heard someone on telly before Corrie started that there was only one death left, that was before Charlotte kicked the bucket......is there defo meant to be 4 going??

Yeah, the tagline for the week was Four Funerals and a Wedding. So we had Ashley on Wednesday, Molly on Thursday and Charlotte flatlined in the final montage on Friday. So either someone will die at some point next week or the dead man in the car which was destroyed in The Joinery explosion will turn out to be connected to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Will John/Colin go to Charlotte's funeral? Her parents surely expect him to be there but will her other teacher friends be there? Is John "Colin Fishwick" to this crowd or John Stape?

That old Sir Walter Scott guy was bang on with his "tangled web" theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Will John/Colin go to Charlotte's funeral? Her parents surely expect him to be there but will her other teacher friends be there? Is John "Colin Fishwick" to this crowd or John Stape?

That old Sir Walter Scott guy was bang on with his "tangled web" theory.

Well if we're practising to deceive, how about this.

Will he go to the funeral of that Mrs Warboys out of One Foot in the Grave, who's pretending to be Colin Fishwick's mammy ?
    And if he does, will he go as John Stape, Colin Fishwick, or Colin Warboys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Why did they have the different musical finales on TV3 and UTV? Strange why TV3 changed from U2 which was on UTV?!?

Also, I might be wrong on this, but on TV3 there was a scene where somebody stood on on bib or teddy that said Daddy. I didn't see this bit on UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Peter Barlow will start drinking again in the aftermath of the soap's 50th anniversary disaster, reports have revealed.

The recovering alcoholic - played by Chris Gascoyne - is expected to fall off the wagon next month as he struggles to overcome the injuries he suffered in the Joinery bar explosion.

According to the Daily Star, Peter must start using a wheelchair after being released from hospital but finds it increasingly difficult to cope with his new life.

Peter reportedly reaches breaking point while out shopping when he drops all of his groceries and cannot pick them up. Subsequent scenes will apparently see him pass an off-licence and buy some booze on the way home.

The latest plot twist is expected to result in scheming Carla Connor (Alison King) continuing her pursuit of Peter as she tries to help him beat the booze, having previously received loyal support from him over her own drink problem.

A source said: "Peter refused to give up on her when she was in the gutter, now it's her turn. But it's not a selfless act because she's desperate to sink her claws in him. The longer she's by his side, the greater the chance she has of getting him to herself."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Is Corrie back to its usual Schedule this week does anyone know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement