Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

blondie7 wrote: »
    Is Corrie back to its usual Schedule this week does anyone know?

Yes, according to digitalspy it's 2 tonight, 1 Thursday and 2 Friday at the usual times.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Our version went,dip dip dog **** can't remember what else went with it.

Gawd....
    eeny meeny minny moe, catch the knicker by its toe, if he squeals, let him go, eeeny meeny minny moe - your it!
    :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peter must start using a wheelchair after being released from hospital but finds it increasingly difficult to cope with his new life.

Peter reportedly reaches breaking point while out shopping when he drops all of his groceries and cannot pick them up.

I would imagine the thing he can't cope with and would be an immediate breaking point is the fact that he lives in a first floor walk-up. No way will he be able to get into his flat above the bookies in a wheelchair. He'll have to stay with Ken and Deirdre, in Blanche's old room. Picking up his groceries will be the least of his problems!:D

Also, I'm very glad he's not dying but do we have to have Peter relapses storyline every six months? Without Blanche around to jazz up his "support group" meetings it's not the most interesting plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 becca86

iguana wrote: »
    I would imagine the thing he can't cope with and would be an immediate breaking point is the fact that he lives in a first floor walk-up.

Awh that's so funny! I'm sure he'll manage, same way Jack in Eastenders always managed to get downstairs to the nightclub in his wheelchair!

• Advertisement

I actually mouthed "IS IT THE BABY?!!" with Sally :pac:

God I need a life :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I actually mouthed "IS IT THE BABY?!!" with Sally :pac: God I need a life :o

Or a kevin .. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Or a kevin .. :P
    ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What a load of bull$hit given the disaster there should have been a few more deaths and serious injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What a load of bull$hit given the disaster there should have been a few more deaths and serious injuries
    Yeah I agree and Rita was the only one tonight that looked badly beaten by it all, but then she was the last to be found

• Advertisement

I had always thought that there would have been lots of deaths but that 4 of them would be characters on the show. This is a cop out and if he's just some guy who is dead how come nobody has mentioned him. For example when Fiz said "it's a miracle no-one was killed," Roy, Hayley and John would have told her that 4 people were; Molly, Ashley, Charlotte and a passer-by.

Other people would mention him too in passing and we'd probably see his family come to see where he died. Now it seems as if they just tacked a quick mention of his death into the live episode because they decided after filming the current episodes that they wanted to use the "4 funerals and a wedding" tagline. Which isn't even that clever and was already used as an episode title of Midsomers Murders, A Harry Enfield Sketch and a non-fiction book about an English family building a house in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I was really hoping that someone we were not expecting would die - I could predict those three deaths weeks before the live episode. The problem is that they announce who's leaving the show - Molly is obviously going to die because her storyline has come to an end, we were told the Peacocks were leaving ages ago and Charlotte should have been killed off the moment she showed up.

The live episode was amazing, it showcased the high standard of acting but I can't help but feel that it's been slightly tinged now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just curious as i dont watch this much...

Where did becky get the money from...

Has this ****ty storyline not been done loads of times...

and will john get away with the attempted murder or murder of that women....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Just curious as i dont watch this much...

Where did becky get the money from...

Has this ****ty storyline not been done loads of times...

and will john get away with the attempted murder or murder of that women....

It's soapland so it's highly unlikely that he will get away with it but I think he'll probably have to kill off Mrs Fishwick too - and maybe an attempt on Chesney once he starts to suss him out.

Becky stole the money from Dev's shop in the middle of the madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

I thought aswell more people should have been killed. Non characters. Like if the tram was full. And really, anyone in The Joinery should have been killed or lost limbs in such an explosion. I'm quite disappointed that the fourth person is the man in the car. Even if it was Fiz's baby at least it would be related to the show.

I'm really curious about how John is going to worm his way out of the funeral. Even if he doesn't go, they'll surely mention her fiancé Colin Fishwick and people will start to wonder...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Melissa89 wrote: »
    I'm really curious about how John is going to worm his way out of the funeral. Even if he doesn't go, they'll surely mention her fiancé Colin Fishwick and people will start to wonder...

And surley someone will say that he is not the Colin they knew from their teaching days or call him John in front of her parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

optogirl wrote: »
    It's soapland so it's highly unlikely that he will get away with it but I think he'll probably have to kill off Mrs Fishwick too - and maybe an attempt on Chesney once he starts to suss him out.

Becky stole the money from Dev's shop in the middle of the madness

Cool...Hes loaded.... Rob from the rich and give to the hooker...So to speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

casio4 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree and Rita was the only one tonight that looked badly beaten by it all, but then she was the last to be found

Ah man, i'd wished they'd got rid of Rita after that over acting she did that night..."Help yourself to some toffee's"..to the fireman as she lay under 100 tons of rubble.......:rolleyes:

So Peter's to end up in a chair...hmm , now where have i seen something similar recently......???????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Cool...Hes loaded.... Rob from the rich and give to the hooker...So to speak..
    Surely Devs shop was insured so the insurance money will cover his loss of the 5 grand Becky took :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

casio4 wrote: »
    Surely Devs shop was insured so the insurance money will cover his loss of the 5 grand Becky took :D

Would he have to be able to prove the money was there for the Insurance Company to pay up. i know till recipts will show that he had the money taken in and the bank will be able to prove the money was lodged but whats to say he did not have the money in his pocket when the crash happened, maybe heading to a night lodgement box or anything like that.

• Advertisement

I think the insurance company is likely to be asking questions about why the hell a small, backstreet corner shop had £5,000 in the safe overnight. Dev would be lucky to have that type of turnover in a week, never mind in one day.

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has promised that there are "exciting" scenes in store on the soap this week as Weatherfield bids its final farewell to Molly Dobbs.

In Friday night's double bill of the ITV1 show, the truth about Molly's baby and her affair with Kevin Webster will be unearthed at her funeral, prompting the occasion to descend into chaos.

Dynevor's character Sally is already aware of her husband's infidelity after Molly confessed to her in last week's live episode before passing away. However, Molly's widower Tyrone and many of the street's other residents remain clueless about the fact that Kevin is baby Jack's father.

In an interview with Corrie's official website, Dynevor teased: "The funeral is very exciting. As we go along to the church, Sally's bottling up everything she's feeling for the sake of Tyrone, but when Tyrone breaks down giving his eulogy at the church and Kevin takes over, it's too much for Sally to bear.

"She storms out of the church - she's really angry, and then there's a great scene of Kevin and Sally arguing behind some gravestones, with everyone looking on going, 'What are they arguing about?'

"Tyrone suddenly realises that Kevin is the father, and it's really good! You've got to watch the funeral episode! You've got to watch all the episodes, because it's such an exciting time. But the funeral's great - it's very sad, it's very emotional. Poor Tyrone!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

why didnt they show ashleys funeral???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

FALLLL rafter ... FAAAAALLLLL

A V A wrote: »
    why didnt they show ashleys funeral???

I wanted to see Graham's speech :(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I was not impressed that didnt show ashleys funeral. He was in the show long enough to have been given a proper send off

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

All I want for Christmas . . .

Recent dialogue, Becky to Kylie -
    "If I ever set eyes on you again, I'll kill you !"

Suggested storyline -

(1) Becky sets eyes on Kylie again.
    (2) Becky kills her.
    (3) Tracey gets out of jail and starts bothering Steve.
    (4) Becky kills her.
    (5) Becky gets two consecutive life sentences.
    (6) Natasha returns and Steve takes up with her.

That is all, Santa.

Doc Martin star Stephanie Cole is to join the cast of Coronation Street, taking on the role of Roy Cropper's mother Sylvie, it has been announced.

The actress - also known for her parts in Tenko and Waiting for God - will begin filming with the soap in the New Year and make her first appearance on screen in March, when Sylvie turns up in Weatherfield to stay with Roy and Hayley.

According to Corrie's official website, Sylvie has an outspoken attitude and soon makes her mark on the street following her arrival.

Speaking of her casting, Cole commented: "I am absolutely delighted to be joining. In any great drama - be it on television or on the stage - the writing comes first, and Coronation Street is brilliantly written.

"When I worked at Granada Television a lot in the 1980s, I used to play bridge with Doris Speed and I remember thinking, 'Maybe one day they will offer me a role on Coronation Street'. Well that day has finally come and I am thrilled.

"I am a huge Roy and Hayley fan, so to be joining their family on screen is a privilege for me and I can't wait to get started."

Corrie's producer Phil Collinson added: "I am delighted to welcome Stephanie Cole to the cast. I have long been an admirer, from the brilliant dramatic performances she gave in Tenko, to the side-splitting Diana in Waiting for God - she is one of this country's finest actors. Life at Roy's Rolls is never going to be the same again."

This is the long-awaited moment that Coronation Street's Tyrone Dobbs discovers the truth about Kevin Webster's devastating betrayal.

In dramatic scenes which air in tonight's double bill of the soap, the Weatherfield favourite finally puts the pieces of the puzzle together on the sad day that he buries his late wife Molly.

Although Tyrone knows that he is not baby Jack's real dad, he starts the day with no idea that the biological father is his business partner and best friend, who had a clandestine affair with Molly in 2009.

However, tonight everything changes as Kevin's seething wife Sally struggles to hide her fury over his infidelity. When she storms out of the church during the funeral as the stress of the secret becomes too much to bear, it's clear to Tyrone that something isn't right.

Later, when Tyrone spots Kevin and Sally arguing at the cemetery, realisation finally dawns and a furious showdown follows as Tyrone lunges at the man who destroyed his happiness…

Here, DS takes an in-pictures look at the latest Weatherfield storyline twist:

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_1.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_2.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_3.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_4.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_5.jpg

550w_soaps_corrie_mollys_funeral_6.jpg

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

• Advertisement

Oliverdog wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas . . .

Recent dialogue, Becky to Kylie -
    "If I ever set eyes on you again, I'll kill you !"

Suggested storyline -

(1) Becky sets eyes on Kylie again.
    (2) Becky kills her.
    (3) Tracey gets out of jail and starts bothering Steve.
    (4) Becky kills her.
    (5) Becky gets two consecutive life sentences.
    (6) Natasha returns and Steve takes up with her.

That is all, Santa.

I reckon this whole storyline is going to lead to Becky being the new "crazy" person on the street. She'll do anything to keep that kid. So Tracy will more than likely come back, quickly suss what happened, and possibly blackmail Becky and threaten to go to SS, or tell Dev and Sunita (if they don't know already).

She's not going to let anyone get in the way of her having that child, whose name escapes me, so will probably start to bump people off for it (Kylie and Tracey, for example)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement