Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Details of Janice Battersby's exit from Coronation Street have been revealed.

The character, played by Vicky Entwistle, will disturb a burglar in her flat and be beaten up by the mystery intruder, according to the News of the World.

Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles) will become the main suspect in the crime and will be questioned by police. Janice will move out of Weatherfield after becoming terrified of living alone and having nowhere else to go.

A source said: "At least Janice isn't being killed off. She's a popular character and a return is always on the cards."

Last part is great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I laughed at this bit..

johnstape.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Was disappointed with the funeral episode. The funeral was far too small. she was a teacher that died suddenly and tragically, how come there were no students there or the principal? I know it's soap world but I was looking forward to a much bigger funeral and John being in a right pickle cos of all the people that would have known him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Details of Janice Battersby's exit from Coronation Street have been revealed.

The character, played by Vicky Entwistle, will disturb a burglar in her flat and be beaten up by the mystery intruder, according to the News of the World.

Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles) will become the main suspect in the crime and will be questioned by police. Janice will move out of Weatherfield after becoming terrified of living alone and having nowhere else to go.

A source said: "At least Janice isn't being killed off. She's a popular character and a return is always on the cards."
    She's terrified of being on her own, so she moves away....on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Melissa89 wrote: »
    Was disappointed with the funeral episode. The funeral was far too small. she was a teacher that died suddenly and tragically, how come there were no students there or the principal? I know it's soap world but I was looking forward to a much bigger funeral and John being in a right pickle cos of all the people that would have known him.

I reckon there's a bit more mileage in this story yet. You might have noticed that John Woodvine is playing Charlotte's dad. He's one of the best actors around, and although things are a bit tight I don't think he's going to be taking bit parts yet. They've invited John for Christmas - make him squirm, I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I reckon there's a bit more mileage in this story yet. You might have noticed that John Woodvine is playing Charlotte's dad. He's one of the best actors around, and although things are a bit tight I don't think he's going to be taking bit parts yet. They've invited John for Christmas - make him squirm, I say.
    he said he couldn't come for dinner he was visiting a brother in New Zealand for Christmas :confused:

Probably the parents will offer him a lift to the airport. :D

And then - "errm = it's all right - I'm flying from - err - PLYMOUTH !"

Spoiler alert, click here if you want to see what happens when Tracy Barlow returns,
    Tracy beds both of Gails sons David and Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CaseyKins

I laughed at this bit..

johnstape.jpg

me too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't think I can bear any more of John's sweats...How are his nerves keeping him together?? Fcukin' hell.. It's never going to end for him is it?:confused: Charlotte's dad was the inquisitive doctor in 'An American Werewolf in London':o.

Sally Whittaker played a great part in the cafe the other night, talking to Kevin. Very realistic emotion there.. Claire in the live episode didn't shed any tears at all despite crying a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

casio4 wrote: »
    Spoiler alert, click here if you want to see what happens when Tracy Barlow returns,
    Tracy beds both of Gails sons David and Nick
    Sounds fecking awesome!

I don't think I can bear any more of John's sweats...How are his nerves keeping him together?? Fcukin' hell.. It's never going to end for him is it?

I hope he discovers some serious secret about charlotte/Colin and dies from heart failure.

What would you do to any resulting issue of the encounter between Tracy and David?
    Strangulation at birth - it's the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

have to say.. I'm normally a critical, negative b*ll*x... but tonight's episode was really good (I work nights, just watching it now).. Kevin being dumped with the child, having to bring the child back to his own house... great stuff.. original, imaginative writing, as opposed to slipping in to the old clichés..

I agree it was good, I can't wait to see where Kevin ends up with the baby there aren't many people who will take him in

I reckon Sally was softening up in the last scene . . . :)

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I reckon Sally was softening up in the last scene . . . :)

It wasnt so long ago she had fierce trouble with the elastic in her own knickers. They were always on the drop.

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

It wasnt so long ago she had fierce trouble with the elastic in her own knickers. They were always on the drop.

;)

The workmanship at Underworld must not be good, as they are set to drop once more in the new year. Someone should tell Carla and Michelle where to get better elastic.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The workmanship at Underworld must not be good, as they are set to drop once more in the new year. Someone should tell Carla and Michelle where to get better elastic.

while i don't trust Janice or Fiz myself i think Carla and Michelle may be wasting their time as to keep knickers on some of the Weatherfield women would take industrial strength elastic (enough to hold back stampeding horses) , hence, production costs would dramatically surge. on the flip side i wouldn't mind testing the robustness of Tina or Michelle's knickers ;)

Tracy is back just 10 minutes and I already want to punch something. :mad:

EDIT - And Kevin is a monumental knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tracy is back just 10 minutes and I already want to punch something. :mad:

EDIT - And Kevin is a monumental knob.

Yes Tracy is all ready getting on my nerves come on Gail kill her off now please

• Advertisement

I loved the grin that appeared on Becky's face when Gail walked into the pub :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone asked Peter why he and Nick were in the office with the explosion happened or does Peter even remember :confused:

Leanne and Ken were going to find Peter (when the explosion and tram crash happened) as Nick said he was telling him about the affair

I'm sure Tracy will find out soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Has anyone asked Peter why he and Nick were in the office with the explosion happened or does Peter even remember :confused:

Leanne and Ken were going to find Peter (when the explosion and tram crash happened) as Nick said he was telling him about the affair

I'm sure Tracy will find out soon enough

Think Peter thought it was just because Ciaran was planning a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

anyone notice how most of the cast have been drinking Staropramen all week either in their houses in the Rovers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

For a girl who's going to be in a pool of blood by Friday night, darling Tracey is clocking up prime suspects as she goes. Nicely done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ann22 wrote: »
    I don't think I can bear any more of John's sweats...How are his nerves keeping him together?? Fcukin' hell.. It's never going to end for him is it?:confused: Charlotte's dad was the inquisitive doctor in 'An American Werewolf in London':o.

This is just ridiculous now. What a coincidence the parents just happened to be driving past tonight. How long more does this carry on for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

tracey is just wreckin my head !!! id love to see her and janine from eastenders have a scrap i say that would be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Anyone notice Claires haircut? Nice layers. I noticed when she was standing at the railing where the flowers are. Pity she never thought to get a hair do for the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

anyone notice how most of the cast have been drinking Staropramen all week either in their houses in the Rovers ?

I'll be watching yesterdays episode tonight. I am going to go out now and buy some Staropramen to drink while I watch it. Thanks for the reminder.

• Advertisement

Was I the only one who had to look up what Staropramen was?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement