Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Any thoughts or spoilers on what would happen to Tyrone after
    his fling with Sally
    ?
    Is he going to go back together with Maria? She is very supportive to him recently.

@Busi_girl: I know 'cause at the moment I'm in the Czech Rep - it's popular here

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

anyone notice how most of the cast have been drinking Staropramen all week either in their houses in the Rovers ?

it's called product placement :-/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Epicurus wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous now. What a coincidence the parents just happened to be driving past tonight. How long more does this carry on for.

They weren't just driving past, they had gone to lay flowers in the spot where their daughter had died.

Tracey is driving me potty, I don't know why they didn't recast her. She could be a decent character if she wasn't played by such a terrible actor. I always knew Kate Ford was awful but I didn't remember her being quite so utterly shít. Her first line on Xmas eve was physically painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

@Busi_girl: I know 'cause at the moment I'm in the Czech Rep - it's popular here

It's made there isn't it ?

It might be nice but if I see people like Becky and David consuming it, I would tend to steer clear on account of potential behavioural issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Was I the only one who had to look up what Staropramen was?
    I looked it up too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Oliverdog wrote: »
    It's made there isn't it ?

It might be nice but if I see people like Becky and David consuming it, I would tend to steer clear on account of potential behavioural issues.

It is indeed. I am drinking it right now. That product placement does work. Normally I buy Krusovice or Starobrno.

You should try it its nice.

I hate Tracey. Always have. Even when she was a teenager I hated her.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

iguana wrote: »
    They weren't just driving past, they had gone to lay flowers in the spot where their daughter had died.

Tracey is driving me potty, I don't know why they didn't recast her. She could be a decent character if she wasn't played by such a terrible actor. I always new Kate Ford was awful but I didn't remember her being quite so utterly shít. Her first line on Xmas eve was physically painful.

I agree, Tracey's character is ridiculous, she's so OTT there's hardly a shred of credibility in her, they could do alot better with it.

Well, if Tracey is bad then I don't know what you call John. I just can't stand him and every time I see him I hope for some accident

Aseth wrote: »
    Well, if Tracey is bad then I don't know what you call John. I just can't stand him and every time I see him I hope for some accident

At least we know John will be going at some point in the near future. He was partially responsible for Colin's death as he purposefully didn't get him help. He murdered Charlotte and should be killing Mrs Warboys soon enough. Fiz might have been stupid enough to take back a cheater and clearly psychopathic convicted kidnapper but I doubt she'll stand by him once she finds out that he's a killer.

Hopefully he'll meet the usual end for Corrie multiple killers and die while trying to commit murder/suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

iguana wrote: »

I know that. I was getting at that they just happened to be passing as John came out of his house. I'm just waiting for him to kill them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Aseth wrote: »

yeah ,i sky plus it and I'm now so allergic to the scenes with john and/or fiz i'm afraid i fast forward, i know that's bad but i actually cannot bear to watch him anymore!:rolleyes:

yeah ,i sky plus it and I'm now so allergic to the scenes with john and/or fiz i'm afraid i fast forward, i know that's bad but i actually cannot bear to watch him anymore!:rolleyes:

You and my missus would get on like a house on fire!

:)

I know we really shouldn't 'hate' soap characters, and the John storyline is a bit of farce, but Tracey is another matter.
    I'm afraid that after what will be award-winning writing and performances surrounding the anniversary and the tram crash, the episode on Christmas night was the worst I remember for a long time, particularly the scene where Tracey discovers from Amy that Max was purchased. Clumsy plotting, amateurish acting.

As much as I dislike Tracey as a character then I can appreciate the certain grace her character has. In comparison John is 'clumsy', god only knows how he managed to kill Charlotte and help to conceal Colin's body without being caught. And now all his attempts to keep Fizz unaware about his dealings with Charlotte's parents - he looks like he has no spine, no character. Plus him not being really the 'bad' guy - it all makes it only painful to watch. Tony was the bad guy but he had style and class. John... hope something happens to him soon or they lock him away for a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I had forgotten how bad an actress Kate Ford is... Her line on christmas eve was just SO SO cringeworthy. The writing is great to begin with but she just murders all of her lines. I also thought Deidre telling Gail to stop making everything about herself was really stupid.

The only scene of Tracy's I've liked so far is when she threw the drink over Amy because it was one of those "Did she actually just do that" moments.

yeah I thought that scene was good, the fact it was red wine she threw over her was worse it wouldn't have been too bad if it was orange juice or something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yeah, the actor playong Tracey just keeps over egging the pudding making her come across as ott and ridiculous and not threatening at all. The right actor would make her give you chills down your spine.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yeah, the actor playong Tracey just keeps over egging the pudding making her come across as ott and ridiculous and not threatening at all. The right actor would make her give you chills down your spine.

Also noticeable was her outrageous treatment of the recently widowed Claire - completely unbelievable, until you remember that this is just a device to set up Claire's revenge, to be taken shortly. But it was unpleasant and lacked subtlety - there will be no viewer surprised when Claire is all over her like a pack of Alsatians.

101223_143005_07_01_CORO_TRACY_HOSPITAL_01.JPG
    it might not be Claire that does it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

She'll probably take the blame for someone else.
    Becky
    probably.

• Advertisement

I can't stand Ford's portrayal of Tracy but I can't stand the character of Becky. She must be mentally deficient. As Eileen pointed out of course a mother will want her child back, and Steve and Becky will need to learn to share custody. Becky taking Amy from the Barlow's yard was just as shítty mothering as everything we've seen from Tracy.

A good mother would put the child's sense of security first and tell her about how she has two homes now and play up how great is that both homes are nextdoor to each other. And how fun it is to have Eccles and Simon to play with. She wouldn't just do what she feels like without any regard for the child or the relationship between the father and mother. She's a horrible, childish person.

And anyway, Amy has been bloody invisible for the last few months, neither Becky nor Steve gave her a second thought during the tram crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Am I the only one that feels sorry for John? He's done some bad things, but he hasn't done them with intention, Colin was just an accident they tried to cover up and Char was self defence. No wonder he's going mad.

Tracy is really annoying me. She's far too ott. But someone who annoys me even more is Deirdre. I know she's Tracy's mother and all, but she defends Tracy way too much. If she was any way right she'd try and talk to Tracy and tell her that Amy should be gradually re introduced to their house and that Becky has been an excellent mother to Amy in her absence. So annoying. The only one that has any cop on in that house is Ken.

I've never been a fan of Sally Webster, but I have to say since the tram crash I look forward to her scenes a lot. She's been doing some excellent acting and her scene's with Kevin are very realistic, you can genuinely feel the hurt and anger in her scenes. And those petty things that go one when people are going through a situation like that. Top marks to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has penned a new storyline for gay barman Sean Tully.

Played by Antony Cotton, Sean will have a civil partnership next year to former lover Marcus Dent, claims The Sun.

Charlie Condou will reportedly return to the serial after three years. Marcus left the Street for London in 2008 following a bust-up with Sean.

"Bringing back Charlie is seen as a big platform for him and in particular Antony who is well liked and admired by the boss. When Marcus turns up in Weatherfield in the spring he is desperate to rekindle his romance," a source claimed.

"But having hurt him once, Sean is apprehensive until Marcus offers him commitment, with the future storyline leading to Corrie's first same sex marriage," the insider added.

Collinson has previously stated: "Coronation Street is an amazing platform. You can really make a difference to the way people think - and this show has always had a gay sensibility."

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

please say tracey wont be back for long i really hate her and have found myself fast forwarding through her scenes. Kate ford cannot act and the storylines are so unrealistic its shocking!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rula Lenska is reportedly being lined-up as the next landlady of the The Rovers Return.

Coronation Street bosses have reportedly discussed the move after signing the actress up for more appearances as hairdresser Claudia Colby. The Mirror reports that Claudia will discover that current landlady Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) is quitting the Weatherfield boozer next month.

"Running the pub would be a massive step," an insider told the paper. "But it’s one that has definitely been talked about.

"Claudia ticks all the boxes for a feisty, no-nonsense landlady of a certain age. She could certainly make a great Rovers boss to follow in Liz's footsteps."

The 63-year-old's agent added: "They’re talking to us about extending her contract. They really like the character of Claudia. And Rula loves the show and cast. There are some very nice storylines ahead."

Lenska will make her next appearance in the ITV soap on New Year's Eve.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rula Lenska is reportedly being lined-up as the next landlady of the The Rovers Return.

Coronation Street bosses have reportedly discussed the move after signing the actress up for more appearances as hairdresser Claudia Colby. The Mirror reports that Claudia will discover that current landlady Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard) is quitting the Weatherfield boozer next month.

"Running the pub would be a massive step," an insider told the paper. "But it’s one that has definitely been talked about.

"Claudia ticks all the boxes for a feisty, no-nonsense landlady of a certain age. She could certainly make a great Rovers boss to follow in Liz's footsteps."

The 63-year-old's agent added: "They’re talking to us about extending her contract. They really like the character of Claudia. And Rula loves the show and cast. There are some very nice storylines ahead."

Lenska will make her next appearance in the ITV soap on New Year's Eve.

Another over-acted character. Claudia becoming landlady is about as believable as Audrey being landlady. Where do they come up with this stuff?

they should go for a young landlady Carla would be good only she can't as she runs the factory, Lenska is too over the top and a landlady needs to flirt with the punters we don't need to be looking at her spilling her bits over the bar, Ken might enjoy it but that's about it :eek:

casio4 wrote: »
    they should go for a young landlady Carla would be good only she can't as she runs the factory, Lenska is too over the top and a landlady needs to flirt with the punters we don't need to be looking at her spilling her bits over the bar, Ken might enjoy it but that's about it :eek:

Liz is believable as Landlady in the same way that Bet Lynch was believable in that she had a certain style, but also had the ability to flirt with any guy and make it seem like she wanted to do it, and wasn't doing it just to make profits.

Claudia turned her nose up the minute she entered the rovers and if the likes of Gary Windass(too young but you know what I mean) tried to flirt with her she would look at him like she found him floating in her soup. This is a bad decision from the writers point of view. As much as I am getting fed up of Becky, why cant she be the new Landlady?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Melissa89 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that feels sorry for John? He's done some bad things, but he hasn't done them with intention, Colin was just an accident they tried to cover up and Char was self defence. No wonder he's going mad.

Tracy is really annoying me. She's far too ott. But someone who annoys me even more is Deirdre. I know she's Tracy's mother and all, but she defends Tracy way too much. If she was any way right she'd try and talk to Tracy and tell her that Amy should be gradually re introduced to their house and that Becky has been an excellent mother to Amy in her absence. So annoying. The only one that has any cop on in that house is Ken.

I've never been a fan of Sally Webster, but I have to say since the tram crash I look forward to her scenes a lot. She's been doing some excellent acting and her scene's with Kevin are very realistic, you can genuinely feel the hurt and anger in her scenes. And those petty things that go one when people are going through a situation like that. Top marks to her.

I too feel sorry for John, his nerves must be totally gone. Now with Charlottes' parents entering the frame, it's looking like it'll never end for him...fcuk sake:(.

Deirdre is getting on my nerves too, egging Tracy on. I know she's the child's mother and it's understandable that she wants her back..but it's true that Becky has been doing a great job and Deirdre knows that. Both Tracy and Becky have to grow up and come to some kind of compromise but the way Tracy goes about it, she's way too antagonising..Deirdre knows well what she's like, I can't understand how she takes her side all the freakin' time:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

lizt wrote: »
    I had forgotten how bad an actress Kate Ford is... Her line on christmas eve was just SO SO cringeworthy. The writing is great to begin with but she just murders all of her lines. I also thought Deidre telling Gail to stop making everything about herself was really stupid.

The only scene of Tracy's I've liked so far is when she threw the drink over Amy because it was one of those "Did she actually just do that" moments.

I think the whole Tracey storyline is making Deirdre and Ken look stupid! Who would allow their daughter to carry on like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement