Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

I've just seen Monday's episode. I really enjoyed it.
    The 'steamy' scenes weren't really - I was expecting something more erm... scandalous especially after hearing the rumors about numerous complaints.
    I was surprised by Sally's reaction to it - the girls behaved as any teenagers would their age. And I find them really cute in their ways. It's a really nice and endearing storyline.
    And Deirdre is really getting on my nerves with her defending Tracey all the time :mad:
    What I enjoyed most were scenes with Tyrone who seems to man up. I really like the change in him :D

It will be a long 4 months - watching Tracey is a torture. But I'm afraid it will be even worse when Kylie and David get together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sally Webster is getting a hunky new boyfriend - former TV fireman Steven Houghton.
    The strapping ex-London's Burning star will play ladies' man Jeff.

The knicker-stitching housewife, played by Sally Dynevor, 47, saw her life turned upside down over Christmas when husband Kevin admitted fathering a child with best pal Tyrone's wife Molly Dobbs. Steven, 39 - who had a No3 single in 1997 with a cover of Wind Beneath My Wings - began filming scenes this week.

TV Biz can reveal Jeff will be a well-off businessman who causes a stir when he arrives in the Rovers and is pounced upon by Gail Platt who has been single since being widowed again a year ago. Gail's nose is put out of joint when Jeff asks Sally out on a date instead.

A top source told TV Biz: "Sally is flattered by the attention. Jeff is just gorgeous and a real catch for the ladies of Weatherfield.

"Kevin is very jealous when he realises there is a new man in his wife's life. With Jeff on her arm, Sally will be the envy of every woman on the Street."

Steven appears as Jeff from February 7

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The knicker-stitching housewife,

WTH is one of those?:confused:

:o It means she works in the knicker factory doesn't it. :o I thought it was some weird Manchester slang. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Another Greg Kelly :rolleyes:

I wonder if Kevin and Sally will get a divorce this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Aseth wrote: »
    I wonder if Kevin and Sally will get a divorce this time?

Probably and then in a few years time when they've no good storylines they'll put them back together and they will get married for the 3rd time.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a296383/craig-gazey-announces-corrie-exit.html

Craig Gazey has announced that he is leaving Coronation Street.

The actor, who has played Graeme Proctor since April 2008, will bow out from the ITV soap in May but will appear on-screen until July, the serial's official website confirmed. It had recently been claimed that the actor had signed a new deal to remain with the show.

"When I first joined the cast I had no idea just how much I would enjoy being part of such an amazing team," Gazey said. "But I became an actor for the diversity of work and the opportunity to play different roles, I also really miss working in theatre. I feel this is the right time for me to leave after two and a half fantastic years playing a unique and brilliantly written character.

He continued: "I don't know what the future holds but I hope I will be given the opportunity to show my versatility as an actor and work on different projects."

Producer Phil Collinson commended the actor, adding: "Craig very quickly created a brilliant and memorable character and we are very sad to see him go. But we wish him well and all hope this isn’t the last we see of Graeme."

Introduced as a friend of David Platt's from a young offender's institution, Graeme - currently dating Tina McIntyre - went on to develop a close relationship with Ashley Peacock during his time working in the butchers.

Gazey was named 'Best Newcomer' at the 2010 National Television Awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So much for him and Tina being the new Jack and Vera, if he only lasted 2 years :rolleyes:

syklops wrote: »
    So much for him and Tina being the new Jack and Vera, if he only lasted 2 years :rolleyes:

I can't wait to witness more of Tina moping about the place when he goes. That's always a treat we don't get enough of. If anyone, I think she's going to be the new Gail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

iguana wrote: »
    If anyone, I think she's going to be the new Gail.

I was hoping they wouldn't kill Graeme. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Awww I like Graeme :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Alicat wrote: »
    Awww I like Graeme :(

Would say most do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Ah no, love Graeme :(

Epicurus wrote: »
    I was hoping they wouldn't kill Graeme. :(

Are they going to kill him off the Street? Maybe he will just leave. That will leave a chance for him to return if he ever decides to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

those 2 cops are wreckin my head, its all well and good askin residents questions in relation to the crime but interogating every resident in an accusing tone and asking unrelated questions which im pretty sure isnt proper police procedure e.g bitch cop randomly grabbing a picture and toys and askin wat d buzz is :mad:
    love beckys reaction "i aint got nawt to prove to yous, isnt that your job"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Aseth wrote: »
    Are they going to kill him off the Street? Maybe he will just leave. That will leave a chance for him to return if he ever decides to.

I think it a sarcastic post having a dig at Gail.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

mrDerek wrote: »
    those 2 cops are wreckin my head, its all well and good askin residents questions in relation to the crime but interogating every resident in an accusing tone and asking unrelated questions which im pretty sure isnt proper police procedure e.g bitch cop randomly grabbing a picture and toys and askin wat d buzz is :mad:

That lady cops face is familiar to me.I have seen her before on maybe Eastenders I think, but I could be wrong.

jimmyw wrote: »
    That lady cops face is familiar to me.I have seen her before on maybe Eastenders I think, but I could be wrong.

Yes Pooja Shah was in Eastenders as Kareena Ferreira and was Meena in the film Bend It Like Beckham - oh btw she still cant act :rolleyes:

mrDerek wrote: »

But not, "That was 10 years ago, and I haven't touched a chainsaw since!" ?

iguana wrote: »
    But not, "That was 10 years ago, and I haven't touched a chainsaw since!" ?

Yeah, what was that all about?Is that another story to come out about that freak of a woman (Character;))

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah, what was that all about?Is that another story to come out about that freak of a woman (Character;))

No just a throw away line put in for lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Is Audrey going to start something with the guy in the hairdressers? Or introduce him to Gail maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jaysus. I fecking hope not. Another doomed relationship for Gail? No tah.

Brian (I think) Tisley - stabbed to death (Although I think they had broken up then?
    Martin - Cheated with nurse.
    Richard - Serial killer, fraudster, knows he way round (Maxine's skull) with a crowbar
    Phil - Was effectively driven bonkers by David.
    Joe - Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is Audrey going to start something with the guy in the hairdressers? Or introduce him to Gail maybe?
    I recognise that guy from something else :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He may be the guy who ultimately winds up with Sally...having had Gail chase him around the bar first. Those kids :rolleyes:

casio4 wrote: »
    I recognise that guy from something else :confused:

Andrew Hall from Butterflies

Kevin is a hypocrite :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Andrew Hall from Butterflies

Kevin is a hypocrite :mad:
    that's it Butterflies :D

I don't like Sally, but Kevin is been totally unreasonable about this divorce.What did he expect Sally to do? just welcome him pack with open arms?And he thinks she is been unreasonable?:eek:.Cop on Kevin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Did i see someplace that he is going to hook up with Sally when Gail thinks she has a chance with him.

• Advertisement

I don't agree with what Kevin is doing but I kind of feel for him, i think any man who learns he's going to be a father secretly hopes to have a son if not the first time then each pregnancy after that hoping for a boy to kick football with in the park, so I think in Kevins case it's a mixture of suddenly having a son and full parenting duties without the help of a woman (sally)and lets be honest his two daughters couldn't be more girlie than they get, even sophie who I thought would become the butch one of the couple is very girlie :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement