Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

iguana wrote: »
    But not, "That was 10 years ago, and I haven't touched a chainsaw since!" ?
    jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah, what was that all about?Is that another story to come out about that freak of a woman (Character;))

Is is actually an anagram of an upcoming storyline about the hunt for a flasher snake that torments the street.

"Catch A Thievish Anaconda Nude Swine"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

jimmyw wrote: »
    I don't like Sally, but Kevin is been totally unreasonable about this divorce.What did he expect Sally to do? just welcome him pack with open arms?And he thinks she is been unreasonable?:eek:.Cop on Kevin!

He's been especially unreasonable to poor Tyrone. I think Kevin's actions toward him tonight shifted him into unforgivable. I also was a bit :eek: at how he talked to Rosie and Sophie, telling them that Jack was his priority. All his children should be his priority, obviously Jack currently needs more active care, but he should be considering his daughters, as much as his son.

I also think it's a bit weird that nobody, throughout this entire storyline has wondered if Kevin's feelings are exacerbated by Jake. In fact just having a live baby son called Jack and a dead baby son called Jake would screw anyone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Loved 'Butterflies'. Great theme song....yay Dolly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBiUBlzYvPo

Sorry can't figure how to embed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

I wish they'd get rid of Fiz and John and bring back Cilla :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Is is actually an anagram of an upcoming storyline about the hunt for a flasher snake that torments the street.

"Catch A Thievish Anaconda Nude Swine"

.... Pighead ??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Not a huge Corrie fan but can somebody tell me did Amber contact Dev after the tram crash and is she still with the guy who worked in the Kebab shop?

Has Ken seen his son Daniel or his grandson Adam?

Is the house the Windasses live in still owned by Sinbad?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

But not, "That was 10 years ago, and I haven't touched a chainsaw since!" ?

God I love Mary. I think she's brilliant! :D
    I love Norris's reactions when she does something crazy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

I mute the tv now when Fizz comes on. Her whining voice makes my ears bleed..especially when she is talking about the baybeee in the oospitallllll.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lol @ Deidre "Why would Tracy lie?"

Em, has she met her daughter?

God I love Mary. I think she's brilliant! :D
    I love Norris's reactions when she does something crazy too.

Not even just Norris. One of my favourite scenes was when she ordered and necked a gin and apple juice in the Rovers. Liz and Deirdre played their awe and disgust at the combination perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Not a huge Corrie fan but can somebody tell me did Amber contact Dev after the tram crash and is she still with the guy who worked in the Kebab shop?

We havent heard of Amber being in touch with Dev for months if ever since she left. She had split up with Darryl before she left, he went to Spain
    Has Ken seen his son Daniel or his grandson Adam?

Not since he was with Martha. Does Ken even remember them at this stage. He'd seemingly forgotten about Amy despite living next door. Peter hasn't mentioned Adam either; even though Adam went to live and work with Peter in Portsmouth.
    Is the house the Windasses live in still owned by Sinbad?

Jerry sold the house to the Windasses. It's a shame
    Eddie
    is leaving soon; one of the best families in the street at the moment.

Epicurus wrote: »
    We havent heard of Amber being in touch with Dev for months if ever since she left. She had split up with Darryl before she left, he went to Spain.

It was the same when Sinita left, Dev never mentioned the twins at all, but suddenly he was going to see them every week!

Epicurus wrote: »
    Jerry sold the house to the Windasses. It's a shame
    Eddie
    is leaving soon; one of the best families in the street at the moment.

I hadn't watched it for ages before the tram crash, why did Jerry and the family move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I hadn't watched it for ages before the tram crash, why did Jerry and the family move?

Jerry had a heart attack. Teresa moved back in to look after him. She started spiking his food and eventually Jerry ended up in hospital when the truth emerged about Teresa.

He decided to move the family away for a fresh start and thankfully have never been heard of again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

He's been especially unreasonable to poor Tyrone. I think Kevin's actions toward him tonight shifted him into unforgivable. I also was a bit :eek: at how he talked to Rosie and Sophie, telling them that Jack was his priority. All his children should be his priority, obviously Jack currently needs more active care, but he should be considering his daughters, as much as his son.

I also think it's a bit weird that nobody, throughout this entire storyline has wondered if Kevin's feelings are exacerbated by Jake. In fact just having a live baby son called Jack and a dead baby son called Jake would screw anyone up.

I have been siding with Kevin in our house, and to be honest, he has not done too bad. He has literally been left holding the baby. Sally kicked him out of the house. The house he was paying for that she wanted, as he put it himself, "Because she wanted to live on the posh side of the street". Also as he said himself, he can't afford to pay for 2 houses. His priority right now his baby jack. No his 2 daughters are not his priority right now, why should they be? Neither want for anything, he has told them he loves them, and he is only moving about 2 streets away. He's not moving to darkest peru.

As for what he did to tyrone, that was Sally's doing more than anything. What did she think Kevin would do if he thought they had slept together., give tyrone a massage?

syklops wrote: »
    I have been siding with Kevin in our house, and to be honest, he has not done too bad. He has literally been left holding the baby. Sally kicked him out of the house. The house he was paying for that she wanted, as he put it himself, "Because she wanted to live on the posh side of the street". Also as he said himself, he can't afford to pay for 2 houses. His priority right now his baby jack. No his 2 daughters are not his priority right now, why should they be? Neither want for anything, he has told them he loves them, and he is only moving about 2 streets away.

He's pushing Sophie out of her home, she's a minor every bit as much his responsibility as Jack. And he doesn't just pay for the house, Sally works too.

The house swap only cost them a few thousand and when they moved house, their old house needed serious electrical work, which would have cost roughly the same as the extra they paid for the move. At the time they fell out with Ashley and Claire as the Peacocks basically swapped houses for no money. (Then Claire found the Beatles memorabilia, which annoyed Sally but left them all free to be friends again after a few episodes.)

Being left with Jack is not anybody else's problem, he's his sole responsibility for a reason. And Sally has told him their marriage is over, who she sleeps with is her own business, no matter who it is, he doesn't get to punch them. And he betrayed Tyrone, they aren't friends any more. Tyrone owes him no loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How is he pushing Sophie out of her home? He has moved out. For now at least she, and her lesbian lover are free to live where ever they want. She chose to move to Eileens.

Sally only started working in the past couple of years. For the bulk of the girl's childhood she was a stay at home mum, where as kevin worked dawn till dusk in the garage. Financially, he made a much bigger contribution than she did. He is asking for a divorce and so the house or its value will be split between them equally and Sally will get custody of Sophie.
    Being left with Jack is not anybody else's problem, he's his sole responsibility for a reason.

Yes, and he is doing his best. Do you have a better suggestion for him?
    And Sally has told him their marriage is over, who she sleeps with is her own business, no matter who it is, he doesn't get to punch them.

Ok, so the relationship is over. She can sleep with whoever she wants. Does that mean the bickering about who said what and who did what to Molly can end? Relationships dont work like that. You cant flick them on and off like lights. Sally knew, or should have known that Kevin would get physical if he thought Sally had slept with Tyrone. She could have played down what they did. Instead she let Kevin stew. Tyrone was lucky to get away with a black eye. If I was in Kevins shoes Tyrone would be sharing a ward with Tracy.

Our discussion/argument is a bit nonsensical. It reminds me of the episode of Friends when Ross dates a girl and Rachel dates her ex, and they argue about the failed relationship.

Rachel:"We wish we could have the last 5 years back"
    Ross:So do we! SO DO WE!!!"

Lol, love the way you guys are arguing over this as if it's real life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

lizt wrote: »
    Lol, love the way you guys are arguing over this as if it's real life!

:confused:...What??? It's-not-real???? :(

We've turned into Inspector Morses here and relationship councillers :D

How is he pushing Sophie out of her home? He has moved out. For now at least she, and her lesbian lover are free to live where ever they want. She chose to move to Eileens.

That's Rosie. Sophie spent one night at Eileen's and if he sells her home, she has to move out of it. It's hard enough to sell a house at the moment, no-one would buy it with a teenager in residence.
    Sally only started working in the past couple of years. For the bulk of the girl's childhood she was a stay at home mum, where as kevin worked dawn till dusk in the garage. Financially, he made a much bigger contribution than she did. He is asking for a divorce and so the house or its value will be split between them equally and Sally will get custody of Sophie.

Sally worked in the bringing up their children. But besides that she worked for all through their first marriage. In the shop for Alf, as a childminder, in the factory as Mike's assistant.

When their marriage ended initially she eventually bought Kevin out of their house, which they'd bought at a knock down price in the first place as a gift from Hilda but re-mortgaged for Kevin to buy the Garage. At that point she was co-owner of a hardware store which she worked in. When they remarried she was working for Ian Davenport and earning an awful lot more than Kevin. Then she worked in the factory.

So as it happened not only would she have contributed quite a bit more to their finances over the years, but she actually owned the house herself at the time of their remarriage. Her income always went toward the initial expense of the garage, yet Kevin just unilaterally gave a portion of it to Tyrone as gift without her knowledge. If they were a real world couple she'd get the house and a portion of the garage.

• Advertisement

So as it happened not only would she have contributed quite a bit more to their finances over the years, but she actually owned the house herself at the time of their remarriage. Her income always went toward the initial expense of the garage, yet Kevin just unilaterally gave a portion of it to Tyrone as gift without her knowledge. If they were a real world couple she'd get the house and a portion of the garage.

Yeah, I don't understand how he can just remove her name from the garage? Would he be allowed to do that?

And also it was a bit mean of him to freeze the accounts. He could have at least told her and let her get a couple of hundred out to keep her going!

Just because she choose to stay at home to mind the children means she's not entitled to the same amount of money? To run a family you need one parent to stay at home to mind the children. And Kevin ended the marriage by having an affair, so he deserves nothing. In the real world, Sally would get the house. But if it ends up that she doesn't like Kevin thinks for some strange reason- they will have to sell their home and his daughters will have nothing.
    Sally knew, or should have known that Kevin would get physical if he thought Sally had slept with Tyrone. She could have played down what they did. Instead she let Kevin stew. Tyrone was lucky to get away with a black eye. If I was in Kevins shoes Tyrone would be sharing a ward with Tracy.

So what? After all he did to her, she's not allowed to even wind him up? Come on. Sally in completely blameless in every regard.

Tyrone was lucky? Going by your logic isn't Kevin the lucky one? Not only to he sleep with Tyrone's wife, he had a child with her! Don't you think that's a lot worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

who is the actress playing the female detective on corrie at the moment - I know her from another soap but cannot remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

who is the actress playing the female detective on corrie at the moment - I know her from another soap but cannot remember where.

Pooja Shah was in Eastenders as Kareena Ferreira and was Meena in the film Bend It Like Beckham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pooja Shah was in Eastenders as Kareena Ferreira and was Meena in the film Bend It Like Beckham
    Jesus. is that her? Shes eh "porked out" a bit since then imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street character Peter Barlow will reportedly reveal that he knows about his wife's affair at their wedding blessing on Valentine's Day.

The couple plan to reaffirm their vows after they wed in hospital when Peter (Chris Gascoyne) was seriously injured by the tram crash. However, the bookie learns of Leanne's (Jane Danson) affair with Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) from stepsister Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) and reveals the news to everyone at the ceremony.

According to the News of the World, he tells her: "You acted the perfect little wife, didn't you? But you couldn't help going back to your previous life of being a filthy wh*re, could you? I gave you everything and trusted you to work with that scum Nick Tilsley.

"The first chance you got you were all over him like a rash. Well now you can have him - the pair of you deserve each other."

A source said: "As with every secret in Corrie, the truth comes out in the most painful, public way. Peter is distraught to learn they've been carrying on behind his back while he's in a wheelchair.

"He plots to go along with the blessing before humiliating her. Then he goes on the rampage - he wants to kill Nick."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

First of all, I'd like to say I'd just love to grab Kevin Webster by the ears and knee him in the face:mad:. What an absolute a*shole:mad:! The pure cheek of him!!!! Who does he think he is? Even when he's on his best behaviour he's a bad tempered thoroughly unpleasant individual.

I couldn't stand Molly and her stupid cartoonlike face but he's totally spinelessly blamed her for instignating the affair...by letting Sally believe that she made moves on him first. It was totally the other way around!

Then when Molly wanted to come clean to Tyrone (in a cruel and heartless fashion I know:() Kevin backs down basically because he felt guilty when he found out about Sally's illness. He then tries to bully Molly into having an abortion 'cos he couldn't stand to see his child grow up across the street! (So he'd rather kill the child than that:mad:). Then when all this comes out, he gets indignant 'cos Sally won't wipe his child's a*se for him. Then to attack Tyrone 'cos he thinks something happened between him and Sally? So freakin' what if they rid each other sideways up and down the street! They're well entitled to:mad:. He can just fcuk away off.

And don't even start me on Deirdre:mad:. I'd like to strangle her:mad:.

I'm a bit pre-menstrual. Excuse my short fuse:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

John Stape kills again when he tries to calm down an old lady. Colins mum Joy Fishwick has an angina attack when John confesses her son is dead. When a neighbour pops by John covers her mouth to prevent her from calling out and she passes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

casio4 wrote: »
    John Stape kills again when he tries to calm down an old lady. Colins mum Joy Fishwick has an angina attack when John confesses her son is dead. When a neighbour pops by John covers her mouth to prevent her from calling out and she passes away

good god are you serious.
    he is pathetic.
    they should have killed him off in the tram crash

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

auntyweeze wrote: »
    good god are you serious.
    he is pathetic.
    they should have killed him off in the tram crash

Am i the only one who likes John Stape?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement