Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Am i the only one who likes John Stape?

think so ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I kinda like him aswell :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

He is doing the shopping for colin's mother now, what a sweetie:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ah I like him too Jonjo, he doesn't deserve all the horrors that continually land in his path. People keep dropping dead in front of him:(. Where would he possibly begin to convince those two police people of his innocence? What exactly happened Charlotte at the end? I missed a bit. I know he was toying with the thoughts of turning off one of her switches in the hospital. He didn't finish her off did he?

:D John sure can lie his way out of a situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

:D John sure can lie his way out of a situation.
    he's a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CORRIE'S Chris Gray is back to his bad old ways, as he sets up love rival Lloyd Mullaney.
    The wife-beating builder, played by Will Thorp, is embarking on a romance with Maria Connor (Samia Smith) - and the pair sleep together this week.

But Chris is still smitten with his ex Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah), and decides to frame her boyfriend Lloyd for robbery.

He is seen here paying pal Billy (Neil Bell) to burgle Janice Battersby's flat.

corrie-280_1224375a.jpg

Chris then plants the stolen Battersby bling in the boot of Lloyd's cab, where shocked Cheryl finds it.

corrie-281_1224374a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I don't mind John, it's the storyline I hate. It's been dragged out for far too long now. Was interesting-ish when it was Charlotte blackmailing him into dating her but now it's become ridiculous.

Isn't 'Fishwick' a really made up name? Like one of Audrey's mute clients in the salon. Mrs Fortesque-Smythe or Mrs Postlethwaite.

I don't mind John, it's the storyline I hate. It's been dragged out for far too long now. Was interesting-ish when it was Charlotte blackmailing him into dating her but now it's become ridiculous.

Yeah it's being totally dragged out. My nerves are gone watching the sweat lashing off him.

Maria's looking for trouble giving Chris a 2nd look knowing he hammered Cheryl. I wish she wouldn't keep grunting all the time.

Doesn't Fizz talk like she's forgotten to put her teeth in? Like a gummy person?

Oh...and has Kevin no other jacket to wear? He was even wearing it the night he was taking Sally out for a 'posh' night in the joinery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

FFS. Didn't Lloyd save Chris in the Joinery explosion?

I'm sick of this crap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"we buried him under the knicker factory"..

lol.. some great lines for John Stape there..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    Isn't 'Fishwick' a really made up name? Like one of Audrey's mute clients in the salon. Mrs Fortesque-Smythe or Mrs Postlethwaite.

That last one was Pete's mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ah hes an awful liar who doesnt know when to stop and if he hadnt have cheated with rosie before id say he okay with a good heart, but not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ya cud fit the atlantic inbetween fiz's teeth ;o

ya cud fit the atlantic inbetween fiz's teeth ;o

ye, she must floss with a rope..

hmmm John's a bit stuck again now... I wonder is there any more room under the knicker factory?

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Ah hes an awful liar who doesnt know when to stop and if he hadnt have cheated with rosie before id say he okay with a good heart, but not really.

And he sent Kevin to jail for punching him, when for once Kevin was probably justified in punching someone. Then he insinuated himself back into the Webster's family as a friend "helping" them look for Rosie, while he had her in the attic, and counselling Sophie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Awwh I like him too, he's very funny :D:D

Yeah I like John as well.. Brings a lot of comedy to the show... Though the story has been dragged a bit too far...

Love the way Deirdre takes the piss out of Ken for being such a bore, and then they build Ken's lines around that stereotype...

"ahhhhh Stalingrad, I was wondering where that had to gotten to".... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Yeah I like John as well.. Brings a lot of comedy to the show... Though the story has been dragged a bit too far...
    Agree it has been dragged out, but I heard on tv today that his house of cards is to fall soon, when he goes I'm really going to miss him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Can't wait for John to go. And can't understand Maria falling for that wife-beating b*tard :mad: i was hoping she and Tyrone might get back together.

Coronation Street has commissioned 10 webisodes about Ken and Deirdre Barlow to be shown on the official Corrie site from Valentine's Day.

The 10 three-minute episodes are called Ken and Deirdre's Bedtime Stories, showing previously unseen antics in the Barlows' bedroom. From the couple's pillow talk and arguments to snoring and night-time natter, the webisodes will portray them like never before. The first sees Deidre hoping for a cuddle, but her night cream puts Ken off, driving him further into his highbrow novel.

The new content is designed to provide creative extensions to storylines as seen on screen and the Ken and Deirdre dramas are written by award-winning writer Johnathan Harvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

All the times John has been late or a no-show with next to no explanation over the last month or so, how does Fizz not think he's cheating. Scene with Joy was awful, it was clear she needed that spray. Nice bit of continuity with the phone though, it seems he always dials 999 slowly after accidentally killing someone.

Glad Clare went to the police, now we know who it is no point in dragging it out. That said I find it weird that Tracy blamed Becky knowing it was Clare, surely she knew Clare would have to confess?

I love some Ken and Deirdre but a series of webisodes, of them in bed? No...just no.

:eek: Ken and Deirdre in bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/bedtimewithkenanddeirdre/

Now that is something to look foprward to:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I don't want John to go, purely because we'll have to put up with Fiz's moaning for another few months!

Also question about the attack on Tracy - how did Claire get back into the pub without Steve noticing where she had come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

I love Steve's face when it turns out Becky knows the 2 guys sitting next to them in the police station. lmao! I think he's make a great comic actor.

Screenshot2011-01-11at153133.jpg
    Screenshot2011-01-11at153457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

"we buried him under the knicker factory"..

lol.. some great lines for John Stape there..

Yes - John's reply - "It's not as bad as it sounds"

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    Doesn't Fizz talk like she's forgotten to put her teeth in? Like a gummy person?

This language, where I come from, is known as "Gum Arabic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh God - Fizz is so whiny - I can't stand her! And Kevin is a terrible actor - I thought he was awful the other night pacing up and down in the kitchen.
    And who does he think he is anyway?? And I'm delighted that Claire has confessed - I know she's leaving so hopefully this is her cue to run off somewhere far away!

On a lighter note, I love Mary - I think she's gas. The "chainsaw" line was a classic!
    Dying to see how the Peter/Leanne thing pans out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement