Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ballybranach

Awwh I like him too, he's very funny :D:D
    I love him too. one of the most interesting characters for ages. Apart from Rosie , events just happened to him which is quite funny really. He only wanted to teach when he took over the persona of Colin, When he put his hand over Joy's mouth he only wanted to stop her screaming. It was her heart really. Anybody know if he is leaving the street? Will they find the body in the factory?. He will probably confess all. Wish Fizz would go. Does anybody like her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Wish Fizz would go. Does anybody like her?
    I used to like her. Since she lost weight she's a really moany character. Painful to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Wish Fizz would go. Does anybody like her?
    I liked her when she had a purpose beyond being John's deluded moany wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CORRIE bosses have been forced into a string of last-minute rewrites after Kym Marsh went on early maternity leave.

Kym's character Michelle Connor was due to have a steamy affair with wealthy business associate Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel).

But the shake-up will instead see Underworld manager Michelle jet off to Ireland to spend time with her family.

And her affair plotline goes to Samia Smith's character Maria Connor - as bosses had no time for a full rewrite.

Kym, 34, has gone on maternity leave five months early in a bid to avoid pregnancy complications.

She was given special leave after she and hubby Jamie Lomas lost their son Archie when he was born 18 weeks premature in February 2009.

The plot shake-up will see a furious Carla Connor (Alison King) poach Maria from Audrey's hair salon to be her personal assistant.

To make the line-up change at Underworld complete, Julie Carp (Katy Cavanagh) will be promoted to supervisor and Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) will replace departing Janice Battersby (Vicky Entwistle).

A Corrie insider said: "It's a massive shake-up and it opens up lots of ideas for exciting new plots."

The new line-up will take place in episodes to be screened in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kym, 34, has gone on maternity leave five months early in a bid to avoid pregnancy complications.

That's very admirable. I'm sure she would rather have worked, especially if her character was going to be in high-profile scenes. Good for her for putting the pregnancy first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I say lads, if I grease me wheels, would you fancy me in the 12.20"....

God I hate Peter Barlow and his "sense of humour"...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

that bloody female cop is SERIOUSLY beginning to wreck my head she's almost up with Tracey on the OTT acting scale :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

debateable...... also debateable...... Priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Ehm, why was joy's neighbour feeling for her pulse for a good 5 seconds? Surely if she was dead for about a day she'd be ice cold. Boo boo Corrie! Loved John trying to munch on the stale bread!
    And, seriously, what is with Tracy, she was 100% sure it was Becky and then changed her mind to being 100% sure it was Claire. Claire didn't push her half hard enough. Loved the scene in the pub when everyone was trying to buy Claire a drink and toasting to her! Someone should give Deirdre a good slap too.

"I say lads, if I grease me wheels, would you fancy me in the 12.20"....

God I hate Peter Barlow and his "sense of humour"...

I liked his Andy from Little Britian impression :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Did anyone see that now the bandages are off Tracey's head that there is no sign of any injury! Not a bump or a stitch or anything. She was left in a pool of blood for God's sake!

And John Stape must be the worst liar/criminal in living memory. He just blunders from one thing to another. Why wouldn't he just say that he was a friend of Joy's comforting her after he son "disappeared"!

Why did no one from the emergecy services/pathologist's office ever follow up how Charlotte died. Any autopsy would show she died from blunt trauma. Funny after she was on top of the rubble!

The police are just hopeless too. No way you'd have an investigation into Tracey's attack carried out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

ha ha that was totally random ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Kalimah wrote: »
    Did anyone see that now the bandages are off Tracey's head that there is no sign of any injury! Not a bump or a stitch or anything. She was left in a pool of blood for God's sake!

And John Stape must be the worst liar/criminal in living memory. He just blunders from one thing to another. Why wouldn't he just say that he was a friend of Joy's comforting her after he son "disappeared"!

Why did no one from the emergecy services/pathologist's office ever follow up how Charlotte died. Any autopsy would show she died from blunt trauma. Funny after she was on top of the rubble!

The police are just hopeless too. No way you'd have an investigation into Tracey's attack carried out like that.

John stapes character from the start i have disliked.I get so annoyed with the program and feels so dragged when he comes on.I have to change it for his parts of the story line lol

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Stape is an awful character and is quite possible one of the worst criminals on tv. Not really a fan of fizz either. Nor that female copper who is atricious in both her acting, her lines and how the story is written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Raedwald wrote: »
    Stape is an awful character and is quite possible one of the worst criminals on tv. Not really a fan of fizz either. Nor that female copper who is atricious in both her acting, her lines and how the story is written.

John Stape is a hero, a gentleman and a class act.

He's just a victim of unfortunate circumstances.

John Stape is a hero, a gentleman and a class act.

He's just a victim of unfortunate circumstances.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that killed me hahaha :D

Raedwald wrote: »

What is she out of i know i have seen her before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

caseyann wrote: »
    What is she out of i know i have seen her before?

she used to be in eastenders a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Aw how did I miss that? What did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Ann22 wrote: »
    Aw how did I miss that? What did he say?
    he said " yer i know" ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

juma wrote: »

Hahahaha. That was the funniest thing I've ever seen on Coronation Street. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Haha! How the feck did I miss that? My brain must've switched off:D. Thanks Juma:).

Maria Connor will be sexually attacked by newcomer Frank Foster in a shocking storyline.
    Single mum Maria - actress Samia Smith - faces the terrifying ordeal after Frank corners her when she goes to his home.

It comes after Maria lands a job in the Underworld factory as sister-in-law Carla's personal assistant.

The factory has lost business in the wake of the Weatherfield tram crash and faces financial ruin unless Carla finds more work.

So Maria's first job is to help Carla sweet-talk her biggest client businessman Frank - played by The Bill star Andrew Lancel - into placing a huge order. Carla sends Maria to his home after noticing he fancies her, but the evening is soured when he says: "If you want this deal you'll have to be nice to me."

As the cameras stop rolling, viewers of the ITV soap will be left wondering whether Frank rapes her.

An insider said: "Viewers will be on the edge of their seats."

A Street source said: "Time will tell how bad Frank's character will be - but he's a ladies' man and no Weatherfield woman will be safe from his interest."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Excellent!

I had to look up Little Britain to get what you were talking about.. but it was good to be fair..

Keith Duffy .. best actor since Brando....

discuss...

I wanted Ciaran to smack Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

discuss...
    discuss :D disgusting acting :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

discuss...

As good an actor as Brando? He's not even as good a singer as Brando

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement