Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Keith Duffy .. best actor since Brando....

discuss...

More like Leo from Fair City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Funny tonight.. especially the scene with Jason and the insurance assessor...

"I'm starring as Nanki Poo on Saturday night".. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Is it my imagination or is Maria sporting a shiner in the above pics from the spoiler ? (hardly a surprise given her new bf's form)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Very good scene when the young Windass lad breaks down due to PTSD, very accurate and moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Good to see Di Manson Frank enter the show.He wont be as loveable as he was in the Bill, I'd say ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jimmyw wrote: »
    Good to see Di Manson Frank enter the show.He wont be as loveable as he was in the Bill, I'd say ;)

IS he the fellow that Sally is going to fall for

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deise Tom wrote: »
    IS he the fellow that Sally is going to fall for

No he was for Michelle but that has changed and now
    he attacks Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Very good scene when the young Windass lad breaks down due to PTSD, very accurate and moving.
    Agreed, best acting I've seen from him since he has been on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

sorta over the top aggression from the police actors almost as if they were bored and lookin for a fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who is more stupid, Rosie or Jason?

I'm struggling to come to a conclusion here.

Michelle Collins (ex Cindy from EE) could be coming in to Corrie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I hope not I don't like her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Who is more stupid, Rosie or Jason?

I'm struggling to come to a conclusion here.

Jason's much brighter.
    One more point off Rosie's IQ, and you'd have to water her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Jason's much brighter.
    :D:D:D:D:D

Oliverdog wrote: »

Rosie.. covered in water... hmmmmm ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Poor John.

How did Eileen think she could rob 10 grand and not get caught :rolleyes:

she knows that the books are all over the place and thought he wouldn't notice and in fairness to her she might have got away with it only carla said something to him about the cheque

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You cant cure me, there is no cure for evil:D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Sorry JP, can you tell me how that came about.. I missed the last couple of episodes.

Sorry JP, can you tell me how that came about.. I missed the last couple of episodes.

She was doing his accounts and payments and Carla paid a cheque for the work done on the factory which Eileen lodged to her own account

Eileens house is falling down around her there are tiles falling off the roof and she pleaded with owen to do the work for her, she said she would pay him by the week or work for him for nothing and he said no he was too busy with all the work coming his way he couldn't do it.So Carla arrived in to the office to pay for the job he did on the factory and made a cheque out for £10,000 when Carla asked who she was to make the cheque out to Eileen said leave it blank, so Eileen knowing what a state the books are in in the office she panics and thinking owen wont notice it she puts the cheque in her a/c hoping to repair the house with the money, she took a u-turn and was going to put the money back once the cheque cleared but he has found out before she had the chance to return it :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

This storyline is so stupid. Are we supposed to believe that the super busy Owen didn't even have a few hundred in his business account? And that if his business account was so low on funds that he couldn't afford a cheapo laptop that he wouldn't notice a missing 10 grand? Or that he's moron enough to think that a cheque paid in (to his office) on a Friday would be cleared by lunchtime on Monday. For all he knows Eileen, legitimately, never even got it to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well at least we know now where Jason gets his brains from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

God I hate Owen :mad: I know Eileen stole from him but he's a nasty vicious man! :mad:

PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=70&v=1&w=630

Original cast member Philip Lowrie is due to return to the cobbles to play Dennis Tanner, the character he played in the very first episode of Coronation Street.

Philip will begin filming in March and will appear on screen in May.

Dennis Tanner was the original Corrie bad lad. He moved in with his mum Elsie Tanner after being released from prison and lived at 11 Coronation Street on and off between 1942 and 1968, when he married Jenny Sutton and moved to Bristol.

The black sheep of the Tanner family, Dennis found it difficult to stay on the right side of the law. Now much older, will Dennis be wiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iguana wrote: »
    This storyline is so stupid. Are we supposed to believe that the super busy Owen didn't even have a few hundred in his business account? And that if his business account was so low on funds that he couldn't afford a cheapo laptop that he wouldn't notice a missing 10 grand? Or that he's moron enough to think that a cheque paid in (to his office) on a Friday would be cleared by lunchtime on Monday. For all he knows Eileen, legitimately, never even got it to the bank.

Also even if the cheque was lodged would it be clear? I've been caught like that a few times before when I've lodged a cheque but couldn't use my laser for a few days because the cheque wasn't clear

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

lizt wrote: »
    Also even if the cheque was lodged would it be clear? I've been caught like that a few times before when I've lodged a cheque but couldn't use my laser for a few days because the cheque wasn't clear

If Owen and Carla both opened their account at the same branch it might possibly have cleared overnight. But it's unlikely and I doubt Owen would know if he and Carla had the same original branch.

• Advertisement

Helen Flanagan has revealed that her Coronation Street character Rosie Webster will be "devastated" when her dad Kevin angrily vows to cut ties with her in a forthcoming storyline.

In next week's episodes, Rosie takes her half-brother Jack to an audition for a mother and baby photoshoot - but later makes a big mistake when she returns home with the wrong child.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the plotline, Flanagan explained: "It's not even a baby boy either! She brings a little girl home. When she realises what she's done, she's absolutely horrified. She starts panicking and ringing her agent, and doesn't really know what to do. Then Kevin comes over and goes mad."

She continued: "Kevin is absolutely seething and has a massive go at her when he finds out Jack's missing. He tells her that she's selfish and self-obsessed - and then he says that he doesn't want to talk to her anymore. Rosie's devastated."

Flanagan admitted that Rosie will behave badly in the build-up to the audition, desperate as ever to secure a lucrative deal.

The actress said: "It's terrible, because Rosie pretends to Kevin that she wants to get to know Jack better. But the truth is, she's lying because she needs to have a baby in order to win a modelling contract that pays really well. In reality, Rosie couldn't care less about Jack."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement