Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Eh, I thought Rosie hated Kevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Fiz Stape commits fraud to get her hands on some desperately-needed cash.

The stressed factory worker - played by Jennie McAlpine - is facing tough times with husband John (Graeme Hawley) in a psychiatric hospital and baby daughter Hope fighting for her life, and is tempted when a solicitor offers her a lifeline by telling her Colin Fishwick has been left an inheritance by his late mother Joy.

John had previously stolen the identity of former pal Colin (David Crellin) to get a teaching job, leading to an eventual confrontation between the pair which left Colin dead, and though Fiz - who doesn't know about the death - was disgusted by her spouse's fraud, she continues the lie to ease her financial woes.

A source told Inside Soap magazine: "Nobody can blame Fiz for thinking twice. John is in a psychiatric hospital for the foreseeable future, while their premature daughter is fighting for her life.

"Fiz can't work at the moment because she's spending her time coping with her husband and baby and doesn't have two pennies to rub together as a result.

"It's the last thing Fiz would have considered before the tram crash, but the terrible events that have unfolded since that fateful night have pushed her to the edge. She's driven to take the money for the sake of her family."

Fiz is left uneasy when the solicitor tells her he acted on behalf of Joy (Doreen Mantle) - who was also killed by John in a bid to keep his secret hidden - for over 30 years and also worries about attending the old woman's funeral, but feels some relief when she realises how sparse the congregation is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    "Fiz can't work at the moment because she's spending her time coping with her husband and baby and doesn't have two pennies to rub together as a result.

Does nobody in Weatherfield have access to the social welfare? The ability to sell their story of how a tram fell on them and now their baby is fighting for her life to the Daily Mail. Or the ability to legitimately borrow money based on the fact that they will undoubtedly be getting a nice whack of compensation because a tram fell on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

The writers on Coronation Street are losing the plot now, there turning all the Characters into Criminals. I think 90% of the street have been to prison or committed a crime at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Interview with Duffy (including Coronation Street stuff), right now Radio One

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

blondie7 wrote: »
    The writers on Coronation Street are losing the plot now, there turning all the Characters into Criminals. I think 90% of the street have been to prison or committed a crime at this stage!

I cant wait until john is caught for all his murders.:D Tracy barlow wrecks my head and her mother :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

caseyann wrote: »
    I cant wait until john is caught for all his murders.:D Tracy barlow wrecks my head and her mother :rolleyes:

I despise both Characters and there acting abilities, they both over-act! Painful to watch. And dont start me on how bad Rosie is of an actor :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

blondie7 wrote: »

Well it is Manchester :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

iguana wrote: »
    Does nobody in Weatherfield have access to the social welfare? The ability to sell their story of how a tram fell on them and now their baby is fighting for her life to the Daily Mail. Or the ability to legitimately borrow money based on the fact that they will undoubtedly be getting a nice whack of compensation because a tram fell on them.
    even the local paper doesn't get a mention anymore Ken never mentions the Weatherfield Gazette and i'm sure the tram crash would have made it as a front page story :eek:

Well it is Manchester :D

Can you imagine if it had been set in Liverpool :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Too young to remember Brookside, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

In Liverpool they exchange your tyres for bricks, In Manchester they just take the car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I missed most of last night's episode - (not that it's difficult to catch up !! :rolleyes:) - but can someone please tell me what Eileen and Julie were up to in Owen's yard? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Just after reading that yesterday marked fifty years since Elieen Derbyshire (Emily Bishop) and twenty five years since Sally Dynevor (Sally Webster) first appeared in Coronation Street. Congratulations to them both; both outstanding actresses.

I hadn't realised Emily had been there since the start, beaten by Ken by only a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I missed most of last night's episode - (not that it's difficult to catch up !! :rolleyes:) - but can someone please tell me what Eileen and Julie were up to in Owen's yard? Thanks!

Julie came up with the idea that Owen had been fiddling his books, getting cash in hand for some jobs and basically not paying all the tax he should be. So they were getting all the paperwork to prove these things. Eileen is going to refund Owen the 10k she stole and if he threatens her further she's going to threaten to send the paperwork to the Revenue showing he hasn't been paying tax on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks a mill Cathmandoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,092 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street teenager Sophie Webster is to fall from a church roof in a shock new storyline, reports have revealed.

The dramatic incident is expected to air on screen in the spring after Sophie's life takes a downward spiral due to her parents' marriage break-up and new problems in her relationship with girlfriend Sian Powers (Sacha Parkinson).

According to The Sun, Sophie will turn to her pastor for support after Sian starts spending time with a girl she met on holiday, making her jealous.

However, when the troubled youngster arrives at the church looking for guidance - having downed some booze for comfort - she ends up in a heated confrontation with her old choir friends, who disapprove of her sexuality.

Drunk and distraught, Sophie will then be seen rushing up to the church roof with the pastor following closely behind. However, he is too late to prevent a terrible accident as Sophie loses her footing and falls onto a parked car below.

Subsequent scenes will see the teen rushed to hospital, but the extent of her injuries and the full consequences of the shock incident are currently unclear.

corrie1_682_1239031a.jpg [/INDENT]

Subsequent scenes will see the teen rushed to hospital, but the extent of her injuries and the full consequences of the shock incident are currently unclear.

I wonder if the consequences will include a Kevin/Sally reconciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

wow.. i'm liking the storyline so far.
    i like sophie as she's a decent actress compared to the rest of the corrie bunch!
    i wonder if the writers will go down a paralysis route?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

iguana wrote: »
    I wonder if the consequences will include a Kevin/Sally reconciliation.

That crossed my mind too Iguana but isn't there meant to be a new love interest for Sally coming up soon? I wonder why Kevin's become more orange as the days go by?

Fiz's lips quivver so much when she's trying to act like she's crying,it drives me mad. I feel like changing the station when she's on. No wonder John's lost his reason...I can feel sanity slipping away from me when I watch her for two minutes:(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ann22 wrote: »
    That crossed my mind too Iguana but isn't there meant to be a new love interest for Sally coming up soon? I wonder why Kevin's become more orange as the days go by?

Fiz's lips quivver so much when she's trying to act like she's crying,it drives me mad. I feel like changing the station when she's on. No wonder John's lost his reason...I can feel sanity slipping away from me when I watch her for two minutes:(.

I know... when she was doing the line "my beautiful, strong, amazing girl" I almost puked up. I liked Fiz better when she was just one of those fluffly, filler characters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

lizt wrote: »
    I know... when she was doing the line "my beautiful, strong, amazing girl" I almost puked up. I liked Fiz better when she was just one of those fluffly, filler characters...

They are true to life,the energy around you moulds your personality.
    I never liked her,from one extreme to another.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is it just my imagination, or does it look like Fiz has lost weight (from stress, or whatever) since all of her troubles started - I wonder if the actress really lost weight to look more fitting in her role?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Is it just my imagination, or does it look like Fiz has lost weight (from stress, or whatever) since all of her troubles started - I wonder if the actress really lost weight to look more fitting in her role?

She does seem thinner in the face alright. I've probably said this a million times here but she talks like she's no teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Coronation Street teenager Sophie Webster is to fall from a church roof in a shock new storyline, reports have revealed.

The dramatic incident is expected to air on screen in the spring after Sophie's life takes a downward spiral due to her parents' marriage break-up and new problems in her relationship with girlfriend Sian Powers (Sacha Parkinson).

According to The Sun, Sophie will turn to her pastor for support after Sian starts spending time with a girl she met on holiday, making her jealous.

However, when the troubled youngster arrives at the church looking for guidance - having downed some booze for comfort - she ends up in a heated confrontation with her old choir friends, who disapprove of her sexuality.

Drunk and distraught, Sophie will then be seen rushing up to the church roof with the pastor following closely behind. However, he is too late to prevent a terrible accident as Sophie loses her footing and falls onto a parked car below.

corrie1_682_1239031a.jpg [/INDENT]

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Don't tell me. Her life will either "be in the balance" or will "hang by a thread".

auntyweeze wrote: »
    corrie1_682_1239031a.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know.. that's the two side door glasses, new roof, possible damage to the front window, back window and chassis... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Miss Snowy

WOW!! Some damage I really wanna know how they will play this one out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Don't tell me. Her life will either "be in the balance" or will "hang by a thread the guthering".
    ;):):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

As long as Sophie dosen't end up like Jackson in Emmerdale and is able to walk again I'll be happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement