Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

God I hate Michelle :rolleyes:

Everyman in the street,she goina get up on that Binman aswell?
    She makes me sick looking at her. "I`ll put in a good word" FFS He used to work there, hardly needs her as a reference :rolleyes: Great ref, Oh Ive chatted him up you should give him a job. Pain in the h0le.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds her bloomin' annoying! Yeah- Experienced chef? Hmmm. Worked here before? Er.. Michelle fancies him? YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I'd say Liz would give him all right. he was with Bev, Shelleys Mother for a while so she might give another landlady a try.

Himself, Liz and Deirdre would make an interesting trio. Kens affair with Martha hasnt been forgotten yet i'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'd say Liz would give him all right. he was with Bev, Shelleys Mother for a while so she might give another landlady a try.

Himself, Liz and Deirdre would make an interesting trio. Kens affair with Martha hasnt been forgotten yet i'd say.

I am sure he would have no problem hooking up with Liz, but Deirdre, come on.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I am sure he would have no problem hooking up with Liz, but Deirdre, come on.

If she was good enough for Dev...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ew, Dev. He's just horrid.

If she was good enough for Dev...

Remember it. Cant remember however was he drunk at the time. Either that or he was desprate. Maybe a bit of both.

Loved the Granny fight tonight. Betty is looking very well for 90 i must say. Disappointing turnout for the party though seen as the actress is 90 herself in a few weeks. Where were Ken and Deirdre, Norris, Jack and co.

That other mad biddy, they had her killed off in the mid 80's as Dr Lowthers wife.

Loved the Granny fight tonight. Betty is looking very well for 90 i must say. Disappointing turnout for the party though seen as the actress is 90 herself in a few weeks. Where were Ken and Deirdre, Norris, Jack and co.

That other mad biddy, they had her killed off in the mid 80's as Dr Lowthers wife.

Read some place that the 91 year old is going to die soon which will make Betty the Oldest.

Betty in real life is starting to show her age. Cant but help notice she is sitting down behind the bar for many of her scenes now adays and is only cleaning forks and knives and not serving. Long may she reamin in the show. She is without douby one of the most under rated characters in the show.

Her sister dying last year would have taken a lot from her. I love Betty; one of the best in the street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Her sister dying last year would have taken a lot from her. I love Betty; one of the best in the street.

Ah Blanche was the best oldie on the street imo!
    Wonder how they'll write her out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Sun reports that, after suffering two miscarriages, Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) will be told she has an abnormal womb and will never be able to carry a child for its full term.

After hearing the news Becky blames herself and tells husband Steve (Simon Gregson) that she is being punished for her former life as a drug taker and heavy drinker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Keeef has gotten worse at acting.

The end for Joe tonight. Finally. He's being dying for months now. Cant bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

what a pathetic way for him to go.....splashing and crying like a little girl......Corrie could of done so much better, i think that part was badly written. Would of been much more credible for the boom that hit him to knock him unconscious rather than the stupid sore arm and thrashing about...he managed to make it back to the boat, so why did he not head for the dinghy instead?? Not Good! But glad he is gone. Pity he didnt drag Gail under with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    what a pathetic way for him to go.....splashing and crying like a little girl......Corrie could of done so much better, i think that part was badly written. Would of been much more credible for the boom that hit him to knock him unconscious rather than the stupid sore arm and thrashing about...he managed to make it back to the boat, so why did he not head for the dinghy instead?? Not Good! But glad he is gone. Pity he didnt drag Gail under with him!!
    :D I was just sayin the exact same thing. The episode was so stupid and yeh Moany face Gail shouldve went down with him.The dinghy was right beside him for gods sake. Awful acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just one thing I thought of...um...

Wasn't there a ladder at the back of the boat? :confused::pac:

PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?w=512&nq=100

Its a pity didnt take Gail with him to the bottom of the lake :(

The actor who plays Peter is a very believable drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The actor who plays Peter is a very believable drunk

Hes not a patch on Phil Mitchell :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What good would that have done; Richard took her there but it didnt work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

No good. The Search and Rescue Radar would have picked up the whining straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hes not a patch on Phil Mitchell :D

Just watching last nights' episodes now. Yeah, 'Phil' is a marvellous drunk, I think he secretly is p*ssed half the time:D.
    'Peter', no harm to him is doing well though. The other night during the launch party, he pointed out the barmaid and said 'she...is a marine biologist'.....and the way he said it was sooo typical of drunken bowsey talk:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watched it. It looked to me like he let go of the boat on purpose, like he'd just given up. Glad to see the back of him too, he was an awful pain in the a*se whinging nuisance:rolleyes:.

For something that has been so hyped up; this Joe and Gail thing tonight was rubbish. The best thing about tonight was didnt have to look at Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I couldn't believe the effortless way in which David 'borrowed' a boat and expertly navigated it to salvage Joe's boat. The tricks you learn on the back streets of Manchester !
    He wasn't, however, sharp enough to figure out how to hitch it to the back of the car, until a kindly policeman put him right.

On another topic, Deirdre keeps mentioning her mother's escapades in Portugal - it seems that a storyline to kill off Blanche is being concocted.
    This serves no purpose - we all know the actress has passed away. Why go through the motions just to 'tidy up' the loose ends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oliverdog wrote: »
    On another topic, Deirdre keeps mentioning her mother's escapades in Portugal - it seems that a storyline to kill off Blanche is being concocted.
    This serves no purpose - we all know the actress has passed away. Why go through the motions just to 'tidy up' the loose ends ?

Do you know what would have been a great way for Blanche to die?

At a funeral.

It had been said loads of times that she loved funerals. She loved gossip, she ADORED scandal, and she got a laugh out of causing trouble.

What better way than to drop dead at someone else's funeral, and freaking the crap out of dozens of people, to steal the show in a sense. :pac:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the effortless way in which David 'borrowed' a boat and expertly navigated it to salvage Joe's boat. The tricks you learn on the back streets of Manchester !
    He wasn't, however, sharp enough to figure out how to hitch it to the back of the car, until a kindly policeman put him right.

Corri is filmed up to ten weeks before it is aired. Maggie Jones who played Blanch was out of it about a month before she died in real life. Maybe a trip to Portugal came about in a script change to explain her absence. I am sure that if she was still around should would be playing a pivital role in Peter's return to the drink story.

Nick gets into Kelly's knickers :D
    Nick Tilsley is set to get into the knickers of Kelly Crabtree - to get into the knickers business.
    The serial womaniser has a fling with the factory girl so he can pick up goss on the skimpies firm that he has his eye on.

And it works - she drops the information that owner Carla Gordon is in dire need of a business partner.

So nasty Nick takes advantage to make a rock-bottom offer for the company.

The conquest of Kelly (Tupele Dorgu) is the latest in a long, long line for the Romeo.

The character, played by Ben Price, returned to the ITV1 soap on Christmas Day and immediately locked lips with little brother David's ex Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan).

In the past the character has been married to Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) and emigrated with Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

Ben, 38, reckons if he keeps going through Corrie's ladies at this pace, he will end with retired newsagent Rita Sullivan.

He said: "Nick started with Tina, then he moved to Kelly. I'm getting through the whole of the Street, I'll be on to Rita by the end of the year!

"But sex isn't a heavy thing with Nick - he's easy come and easy go. He's makes it clear that he takes a girl out but he's not promising them the world."

When he first took the role, which was previously played by Adam Rickitt, Ben had a lot of background reading to do.

The former Footballers' Wives actor said: "I was given a full bible of Nick Tilsley when I started and as you go through episodes and meet new characters it starts to make sense.

"You'll see him bump into Leanne soon. I'm sure stuff will come out of that - there's a story there. But at the moment we're not overplaying it."

While things won't last with Kelly, Ben hopes something will happen between him and factory boss Carla (Alison King) when they get working together.

He said: "A slow burn would be better with Carla. Right now Nick is very good at separating business and pleasure.

"I've got a few more ladies to meander my way through before anything happens there I think."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Does anyone know how long Joe's death etc is going to drag on for?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long Joe's death etc is going to drag on for?

considering Gail is going to jail for his death i assume a long time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement