Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Just saw this on Wikipedia as well. Katy Cavanagh was born 12/12/1973, Julie was born in 1977 and Tyrone was worn on 15/12/1982.

5 years difference.. It's not too bad although I would prefer Tyrone to get together with Maria. They were a nice couple.

Tyrone will probably have a few quiet months ahead of him, writers don't seem to like him

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think Maria and Tyrone would run into the same problems they always did, they aren't a great fit in terms of what they want from life. Fiz and Tyrone should get back together, imo. Once John is outed as a serial manslaughterer and finally dies during his murder/suicide attempt with Fiz a la all Corrie killers and their wives.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm overwhelmed with curiosity Oliver...did I rant and rave and fantasize about battering Nick or some other deserved character like Deirdre Barlow or someone of a similar level of annoyingness in my post 2188? I can't find it.:)

It was about, err, a month ago . . .

No offence - I was only joking you. I love your views on Corrie. :)
    Ann22 wrote: »
    First of all, I'd like to say I'd just love to grab Kevin Webster by the ears and knee him in the face:mad:. What an absolute a*shole:mad:! The pure cheek of him!!!! Who does he think he is? Even when he's on his best behaviour he's a bad tempered thoroughly unpleasant individual.

I couldn't stand Molly and her stupid cartoonlike face but he's totally spinelessly blamed her for instignating the affair...by letting Sally believe that she made moves on him first. It was totally the other way around!

Then when Molly wanted to come clean to Tyrone (in a cruel and heartless fashion I know:() Kevin backs down basically because he felt guilty when he found out about Sally's illness. He then tries to bully Molly into having an abortion 'cos he couldn't stand to see his child grow up across the street! (So he'd rather kill the child than that:mad:). Then when all this comes out, he gets indignant 'cos Sally won't wipe his child's a*se for him. Then to attack Tyrone 'cos he thinks something happened between him and Sally? So freakin' what if they rid each other sideways up and down the street! They're well entitled to:mad:. He can just fcuk away off.

And don't even start me on Deirdre:mad:. I'd like to strangle her:mad:.

I'm a bit pre-menstrual. Excuse my short fuse:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Janice Battersby will head off into the sunset with ex-housemate Trevor Dean in her Coronation Street exit storyline, reports have claimed.

According to the Daily Star, Janice's Weatherfield departure comes after binman Trevor (Steve Jackson) returns to the area and invites her to go travelling with him.

Trevor reportedly tells her: "I'm leaving for good, Janice, and I'm going to travel to everywhere. I've always wanted to and I'd like you to come with me if you fancy it."

It is thought that Janice - played by Vicky Entwistle - is thrilled to finally find love again and wastes little time before packing her bags, leaving the cobbles behind.

The romantic moment is expected to come at a perfect time for Janice as she has a fight with colleague Julie Carp (Katy Cavanagh) before losing her job at Underworld when Carla Connor (Alison King) overhears her encouraging the factory workers to go on strike.

Before leaving Weatherfield, Janice apparently tells stepdaughter Leanne: "You're the only thing I will miss."

Sources say that Janice's final scene - due to air next month - sees her leave with a bang when Trevor drenches everyone on the street by intentionally driving through a puddle as they make their departure.

Entwistle announced her decision to leave Coronation Street last August.

Coronation Street's upcoming sex attack scenes were so "graphic" they reduced Samia Smith to tears.

The actress - whose alter-ego Maria Connor is subject to a brutal assault by new businessman Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel) when she attempts to land a big deal for her boss Carla Connor (Alison King) - admitted even the crew were "flinching" while the scenes were being shot.

She explained: "It's all been very dramatic. It was pretty tough and there have been plenty of tears. The way the director shot it is quite graphic. Even the crew were flinching a bit because they didn't like to see me being treated like that. I had to fight Andrew off - and he's quite strong is Andrew!

"He's so lovely though and it was tough for him, too. It was the first day we had actually worked together and I'd only met him briefly before. Then the second scene we filmed was Frank trying to sexually assault Maria."

Despite the tough time Maria has gone through during her years on Coronation Street - including being widowed after just eight months of marriage, bedding her husband's killer and giving birth to a stillborn baby - Samia thinks it would be "boring" to play a happy character.

She added: "I trust the writers. I can't complain at what I'm given because it's always really challenging. The trials and tribulations have been really interesting to play and it would get boring if she was always happy."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

When did Maria give birth to a still born baby? I don't remember that

When did Maria give birth to a still born baby? I don't remember that

Baby Paul

I'll bet the vicar had a sinking feeling when he looked at his diary for this week. A Coronation Street wedding/blessing on Monday. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This Peter-Leanne-Nick storyline is culminating in classic Corrie stuff. My nerves are at me watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    This Peter-Leanne-Nick storyline is culminating in classic Corrie stuff. My nerves are at me watching this.

Dragging it out a bit with the false climaxes... Does he actually know or is he just winding them all up..

• Advertisement

Dragging it out a bit with the false climaxes... Does he actually know or is he just winding them all up..
    Did you not see the first episode? Tracy told him! But negelected to tell him that the affair is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Did you not see the first episode? Tracy told him! But negelected to tell him that the affair is over.

as she would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I was on the edge of my seat the other night when Peter found the ticket in the bin!! Fcukin' hell:eek:! Seriously though, are they all half wits or what? He clearly knows:rolleyes:. I just can't wait 'til tomorrow night!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't see Maria and Tyrone as a couple. Nice lad that he is, they don't suit. She's lovely to look at but I hate listening to her whiney voice. Him and Fiz suit better, though the way she talks annoys me too:confused:.

Anyone else think Tina's hair looks ridiculous? There's far too much of it there all piled up on her teeny little head. She looks like she can barely hold her head up with the weight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I thought that I read on this thread some time ago that Peter
    goes to humiliate Nick on the day of the blessing to get back at him for trying to cheat with
    Leanne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Bloody hell, this is going to get dirty:)

jimmyw wrote: »
    I thought that I read on this thread some time ago that Peter
    goes to humiliate Nick on the day of the blessing to get back at him for trying to cheat with
    Leanne
    Seemingly, Peter
    jilts
    Leanne
    at the altar
    and
    attacks
    Nick with
    an iron bar
    !:eek:

Seemingly, Peter
    jilts
    Leanne
    at the altar
    and
    attacks
    Nick with
    an iron bar

That would do it right enough:D.I'd say Ken and Deirdre are going to get it in the neck too for keeping it secret:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Seemingly, Peter
    jilts
    Leanne
    at the altar
    and
    attacks
    Nick with
    an iron bar
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

Max Power1 wrote: »

Nick deserves a battering - Go Peter

I do hope Peter and Leanne get back together at some stage they are a great couple - knowing the writers Peter will bed Carla and then get back with Leanne

Nick deserves a battering - Go Peter

I do hope Peter and Leanne get back together at some stage they are a great couple - knowing the writers Peter will bed Carla and they get back with Leanne

Crikey - that would be entertaining ! :D

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Crikey - that would be entertaining ! :D

:o

Could happen though :p

Hmmmm . . .

*Records series on Sky+ just to be on the safe side*

Seemingly, Peter
    jilts
    Leanne
    at the altar
    and
    attacks
    Nick with
    an iron bar
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    line6 wrote: »

Coronation Street star Kate Ford has reportedly signed a new contract to stay with the soap.

The actress, who plays Tracy Barlow, has agreed a six-month deal worth £80,000, committing her to the show until at least 2012, The People reports.

Ford had previously decided to leave at the end of her current contract in May because commuting to Manchester from her London home meant she missed her son, Otis. However, show bosses have now persuaded her to change her mind.

A source said: "Viewers have loved having Tracy back. We're delighted she's signed a new contract. She's here for the foreseeable future."

Another added: "She's going to be causing huge trouble for Steve and Becky and there will be run-ins with Liz. Viewers will be screaming at their TVs when they see what she does next. The bitch is well and truly back."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Coronation Street star Kate Ford has reportedly signed a new contract to stay with the soap.

The actress, who plays Tracy Barlow, has agreed a six-month deal worth £80,000, committing her to the show until at least 2012, The People reports.

Ford had previously decided to leave at the end of her current contract in May because commuting to Manchester from her London home meant she missed her son, Otis. However, show bosses have now persuaded her to change her mind.

A source said: "Viewers have loved having Tracy back. We're delighted she's signed a new contract. She's here for the foreseeable future."

Another added: "She's going to be causing huge trouble for Steve and Becky and there will be run-ins with Liz. Viewers will be screaming at their TVs when they see what she does next. The bitch is well and truly back."

:eek: Please say it isnt true!

Must be a different set of viewers than the ones I know. I know not of one single person who likes tracey, and her being let out of prison is just such bad writing. I mean it is "The bold and the beautiful" type of writing.

I'm looking forward to Tonights episode. Although, while it should be good entertainment, is it not a bit rich of peter to wreak revenge on Ken and Deirdre, after all they did for him regarding supporting him through his drinking? Not to mention that he spends more time with Deirdre its a wonder he doesn't get confused and call her mummy.

^ I agree I'd love to know who are the viewers that like the character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Saw a clip of tonights episode on Ireland AM this morning, right when the vicar asks them to renew their vows! This is gonna be good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement