Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The music in that trailer is great isn't it?

The vows are going to be fun too:

"I, Peter, recovering alcoholic, ex-bigamist, former Submariner, take thee, Leanne, ex-cocaine addict, former-prostitute, one-time blackmailer Battersby, to be my lawful wedded wife.

Bit of a mouthful, isn't it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    Must be a different set of viewers than the ones I know. I know not of one single person who likes tracey, and her being let out of prison is just such bad writing.

I didn't hate Tracey last time round. She was ok as a selfish, bitchy character who was so unhappy deep down because she couldn't stop wanting Steve. She comes across as a hard faced bitch but in reality she was vulnerable and a bit ****ed up by her youth. (As anyone who's parents cheated as much as Ken and Deirdre did, would be.) She wasn't too bad when Ray Langton came back and then died and she did save Shelley from being raped on her hen-night.

Once she murdered Charlie however, her character jumped the shark. They should actually have had her kill him in self-defence and have no-one believe. Charlie already had form as an abusive partner and it would have been interesting to see him tear her down, while nobody sympathised and she eventually fought back. Instead they turned her actually psychotically evil and had her pre-meditate his murder just because he cheated, even though she wasn't actually that into him. And do so in a way that hurts women who are actually abused.:confused::mad:

I didn't mind the idea of her being brought back. Her conviction was tenuous enough to have been realistically overturned. But her interactions with Gail were ridiculous and unbelievable (then again so was the whole Gail in jail story). Then they brought her back at Christmas and actually made her even worse. She ruined the show when it was doing fantastically. Doing things like mocking the recently deceased man who had died saving her brother (who she is shown to love) to his widow and in front of his children. It was stupid in the extreme. And clearly just a plot device to have Claire flee the country instead of just leave like she had planned.

Now they are trying to backtrack and actually turn Tracey back into who she was before the Charlie business. Showing that she does care about Peter and is upset for him. I believe they are also going to make her and Tina form a better relationship in the near future. Not friends, but Tina will stop hating her at least. Which will signal the rest of the street coming around to her, now that she's staying. It's just all been a huge, unbelievable mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ I agree I'd love to know who are the viewers that like the character

Yeah its really annoying :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Da-Da-Daaa! :eek:

Wonder will there be a big fight scene in part 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

hope so I can see Nick getting a punch

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    hope so I can see Nick getting a punch
    Yes, he needs his face rearranging. He's due another head transplant about now, isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Didn't think that was great! Hopefully it will improve in the second half...

I was very distracted by the fact that Tina was out with Graham while Tracey was at the ceremony. What was all last week's aggro between them about if they could both be off at the same time? And Lloyd too!

The Rovers must be quiet though if Betty can run the place singlehandedly and still make time to learn about tweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

iguana wrote: »
    I was very distracted by the fact that Tina was out with Graham while Tracey was at the ceremony. What was all last week's aggro between them about if they could both be off at the same time? And Lloyd too!

The Rovers must be quiet though if Betty can run the place singlehandedly and still make time to learn about tweets.
    They obviously just made that up so that Tracy would have an excuse for when Peter walked in and then they forgot all about it. Bad mistake there.

Glad Peter got rid of Simon for him about to make a show of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Leanne mention why Toyah and Les werent at the wedding blessing at all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

He (Peter) gets so nasty when he's full of self pity, doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

Did Leanne mention why Toyah and Les werent at the wedding blessing at all :rolleyes:

Yes she said Toyah's in Holby City and Les got the sack for getting drunk and revealing storylines down the boozer......

Norris always knows what to say :p

Go Peter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ken .. King Solomon... lol

She got a phone call from Toyah to say she couldn't go. Don't think Les has been mentioned.

How many times are we going to be subjected to Carla's unrequited love heart ache in a graveyard?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How many times are we going to be subjected to Carla's unrequited love heart ache in a graveyard?

ffs Liam has been mentioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

Poor Simon. I hope he doesn't hit the bottle after this and the 2 fires he was through.

Maria is an idiot to comfort her after all she caused Liam'd death by having an affair with him

So Peter can barely walk for the past few months, yet suddenly he gets the strength to storm away from Leanne? Nice to see they're keeping it realistic.

• Advertisement

Quality Norris there! "You get good value for money at a Barlow wedding" Lol!

Feels really sorry for Leanne and Simon. I think it is a bit rich for Peter to humiliate them all like that, after him the bigamist. And they might have covered up the affair, but they have all done so much for him since the tram crash and he's never appreciated any of it.

Is it only me who thinks that Peter and Leanne will be back together before the closing credits?

Also, the other story lines are just distracting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Peter is hard work and knows it now. Both him and Nick need a swift kick in the balls, jeez Nick is an awful scourge.... Poor Leanne!!! Lol at Norris' running commentary in the church;)

Janice's outfit is horrible.

Is it only me who thinks that Peter and Leanne will be back together before the closing credits?

Also, the other story lines are just distracting tonight.

I do think they will be back together maybe not tonight though

I wanna see Nick get a smack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

where was Ciaran?(Keith Duffy) i didn't see him at the wedding yet he's meant to be Peters best pal

Kevin is being completely unreasonable. That storyline was badly written, if any man did that they'd get a good kick.

I think Peter and Leanne will get back together aswell, I think there's some sort of hope before the week is out. I reckon peter will hit the bottle again if they don't.

casio4 wrote: »
    where was Ciaran?(Keith Duffy) i didn't see him at the wedding yet he's meant to be Peters best pal
    He got a job cheffing on a cruise and Michelle is with him.

Thought it was very unbelievable when Norris tried to leave while Peter was in full flow. He would have cracked open a bag of sherbet lemons and settled in for the duration.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Thought it was very unbelievable when Norris tried to leave while Peter was in full flow. He would have cracked open a bag of sherbet lemons and settled in for the duration.
    Yeah, I was thinking that myself. No way he'd leave during that! If everyone else left, he'd still be sitting there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement