Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

Melissa89 wrote: »
    They obviously just made that up so that Tracy would have an excuse for when Peter walked in and then they forgot all about it. Bad mistake there....

silly writers making things up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maria is an idiot to comfort her after all she caused Liam'd death by having an affair with him

They've come a long way since though. They were both victims of Tony, especially during the siege at the factory and during the tram crash Carla was the first person Maria looked for. If they still hated each other
    Maria wouldnt be starting at the factory soon

Poor Leanne. I wonder what Shelly and Lucy would have thought of Peters speech at the church.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Unfortunately Nick ruined the church scenes for me, because he sat there looking like an Easter Island statue as per usual. It would be helpful if he could show a credible emotion...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Leanne mention why Toyah and Les werent at the wedding blessing at all :rolleyes:

Don't know about Les but Toyah was in the mental last time i saw casualty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Unfortunately Nick ruined the church scenes for me, because he sat there looking like an Easter Island statue as per usual. It would be helpful if he could show a credible emotion...:mad:

That is his credible emotion. His face constantly reflects severe hemorrhoid pains. A shave would help, but not much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Nick still pisses off to Italy and takes Tracey with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

iguana wrote: »
    I was very distracted by the fact that Tina was out with Graham while Tracey was at the ceremony. What was all last week's aggro between them about if they could both be off at the same time? And Lloyd too!

The Rovers must be quiet though if Betty can run the place singlehandedly and still make time to learn about tweets.

Wasnt Sean there

Quality Norris there! "You get good value for money at a Barlow wedding" Lol!

What a pity Blanche was not there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Wasnt Sean there

He was in the evening but in the day time, while Tina, Tracey and Lloyd weren't working, he was in the factory with Sally and Eileen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Thought it was very unbelievable when Norris tried to leave while Peter was in full flow. He would have cracked open a bag of sherbet lemons and settled in for the duration.

Remember Rita told him to get his coat? I think it was her idea to leave.
    Poor Leanne, I felt so sorry for her. I know she shouldn't have been shagging Nick but he feckin' pestered her! She prob only did it to try and get rid of that tiresome pained expression he always has. He has to be the biggest nuisance in the world.

How unbelievably annoying is Kevin:mad:?! I've run out of bad words to call him:(. And what about simple Lloyd and dozy Cheryl standing gawping in the sitting room like lemons when Sally and your man were having a clearly romantic night in?! They've no cop on at all...it was obvious that Kevin only asked them in to ruin the ambience of the evening.
    Oh and I think she should tell him to stick the house good and far up his árse. She should agree to sell it and get rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ann22 wrote: »
    Oh and I think she should tell him to stick the house good and far up his árse. She should agree to sell it and get rid of him.

She should then move into Tyrones place for a while; annoy Kevin just that bit further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »

How unbelievably annoying is Kevin:mad:?! I've run out of bad words to call him:(. And what about simple Lloyd and dozy Cheryl standing gawping in the sitting room like lemons when Sally and your man were having a clearly romantic night in?! They've no cop on at all...it was obvious that Kevin only asked them in to ruin the ambience of the evening.

Kevin has been written very badly the last few weeks.

Also Lloyd(one of my favourite characters) is not simple. He said twice to Kevin that they were leaving, but kevin said "no, its fine, stay!" What would you do Ann in the same position?

Go on Peter kill the tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

didn't think tonights episode was good and from the lack of comments here tonight i'd say people feel the same, normally when an episode is good there are lots of comments, your man that plays Nick isn't a good actor his facial expressions when Peter was about to knock him out said it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

casio4 wrote: »
    didn't think tonights episode was good and from the lack of comments here tonight i'd say people feel the same, normally when an episode is good there are lots of comments, your man that plays Nick isn't a good actor his facial expressions when Peter was about to knock him out said it all
    No, thought it was poor. Also, found it a bit odd that Ken and Deirdre are suddenly against Leanne and up until now they were saying how good she was for Peter.

Anyway, when Peter first picked up that crowbar why didn't Nick give him a good kick, knock him over and he wouldn't have been able to get back up again. A bit unrealistic (cos corrie is always sooo realistic :p) that Nick thought he was about to be killed by a man who can't even walk without a crutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

No, thought it was poor. Also, found it a bit odd that Ken and Deirdre are suddenly against Leanne and up until now they were saying how good she was for Peter.

Anyway, when Peter first picked up that crowbar why didn't Nick give him a good kick, knock him over and he wouldn't have been able to get back up again. A bit unrealistic (cos corrie is always sooo realistic :p) that Nick thought he was about to be killed by a man who can't even walk without a crutch.

crutch or no crutch any man with a crowbar is capable of killing somebody pinned in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

mrDerek wrote: »
    crutch or no crutch any man with a crowbar is capable of killing somebody pinned in
    I meant before he knocked him over ;)

mrDerek wrote: »
    it was very bad acting and the fact he had a crutch made it worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Any man can be rendered helpless by a good kick in the crutch. :eek:

The actor who plays Nick is terrible. I say bring back Adam Rickitt at least he was hot I didnt care about his acting :p

I cant get over how Maria has become so concerned about Carla :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

casio4 wrote: »

Jesus that fella Nick is woeful. I laughed when Peter said something about his "screwed up face" and it hadn't changed one bit. He has exactly the same expression all the time - even when someone is threatening to kill him.
    Leanne needs to eat some pizza or something - she looks soooo skinny!

Lets get this right, are you saying that because Peter has to use a crutch he would not be able to get up and walk if he was on the ground or the crutch was away from him. THE CRUTCH IS FOR SUPPORT, IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU WALK. Are you also saying that because he was on crutches he would not be able to murder someone if he wanted. Its his Leg that is supposed to be weak, not his arms which he would use if he did want to kill him.

Anybody watching Ken and Deirdre's bedtime stories?
    http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=bedtimestories&tv3_preview=1

The thought of Deirdre in Bed. Dont think even Podge and Rodge would get worked up there. :D:D:D

That's put me right off me dinner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

syklops wrote: »
    Kevin has been written very badly the last few weeks.

Also Lloyd(one of my favourite characters) is not simple. He said twice to Kevin that they were leaving, but kevin said "no, its fine, stay!" What would you do Ann in the same position?

Yeah but they were standing there for a while before suggesting they leave. If I was in their shoes I'd've said something like...'Listen Kevin, another time ok? Sorry Sally, we didn't know it would be a bad time'...and I'd just go.

Ps I know he's not really simple:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Seriuosly though, a bit off topic, but who would you pick?
    Nick or Peter?

Peter all the way imho ;)

I 100% cried when little max was upset :( hes so cute!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is Jane Danson (Leanne) leaving Coronation Street for good? It'll be a pity if she does - likeable character, brilliant actor!

Edit: Ignore this question - forgot there was a second episode tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Nick or Peter?

Peter all the way imho ;)

Do you not mean simon?

• Advertisement

Nick or Peter?

A really big problem with this "love triangle" is how Ben price looks. Nick and Leanne were both supposed to be 29 during their affair. While Peter is supposed to be 45. We should have been seeing that Leanne is a younger woman, committing herself to an older man, with a truckload of baggage and a young son, tempted by a man her own age who she loved as a young woman and could still have a lot of fun with. Instead we just got a Nick so substantially aged that he looked the same age as Peter, so every time he told her she should be having fun with a younger man it seemed ridiculous.

Do you mean Simon? Max is Baecky's nephew. I didn't see tonight's yet though, so maybe it was Becky heavy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement