Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

he was drinking in the rovers with Jason and took the house keys from his coat pocket, then slipped in the back door to Eileens house and took the files :(

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

As we see on Steve's example honesty in Corrie doesn't pay out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

casio4 wrote: »
    he was drinking in the rovers with Jason and took the house keys from his coat pocket, then slipped in the back door to Eileens house and took the files :(

Eileen must have had the files open on the coffee table, otherwise there is no way in hell he would have found them so quickly. Can anyone tell me does Julie have a copy of all the files and therefore, by dropping Eileen in it, he has dropped himself in it? If not, then I am a bit dissatisfied with the way this story is going. To be honest I have been from the start, but Eileen ending up with a criminal record is a bit farcical in my opinion.

That said it was a good day for honesty on the street. Steve(stupidly) fessing up about the money and Eileen pleading guilty.

Dev is such a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

How did David qualify as a hair stylist ? It takes years.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    How did David qualify as a hair stylist ? It takes years.
    it's not what you know but who ye know and his granny owns the salon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

syklops wrote: »
    Eileen must have had the files open on the coffee table, otherwise there is no way in hell he would have found them so quickly. Can anyone tell me does Julie have a copy of all the files and therefore, by dropping Eileen in it, he has dropped himself in it? If not, then I am a bit dissatisfied with the way this story is going. To be honest I have been from the start, but Eileen ending up with a criminal record is a bit farcical in my opinion.

That said it was a good day for honesty on the street. Steve(stupidly) fessing up about the money and Eileen pleading guilty.

Dev is such a prick.
    Actually, i think you're right, didn't Julie have the original files to keep them safe? She had a copy at least.

Owen is such an ass. And Dev is really annoying, he should have just been happy with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

See that Dev?! Fcuk sake wot a feckin' greasy petty weasel of an individual is he?! He got the freakin' money back, he should've just shut up about it, he loves the sound of his own voice him. I'm glad he shagged Deirdre that time, hope it haunts his dreams:mad:.

...and see Steve? I really like him, my favourite character, but what a dope...:confused:!! He should've told Dev the story, that Kylie was blackmailing them etc and Becky was out of her mind with worry. Not just shrug his shoulders and say 'it was me:o sorry, there you go... what can you do?'

I'd love to kick Becky up the árse from one end of the street to the other:mad:. That is all...

If Becky is a woman of her word - and I've no reason to doubt that she is - when she sets eyes on her sister again, she'll kill her.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Ann22 wrote: »
    ...and see Steve? I really like him, my favourite character, but what a dope...:confused:!! He should've told Dev the story, that Kylie was blackmailing them etc and Becky was out of her mind with worry. Not just shrug his shoulders and say 'it was me:o sorry, there you go... what can you do?'

I was surprised they believed him..well not in soapland but I don't think they would have believed him in real life. Oh God

I was surprised they believed him..well not in soapland but I don't think they would have believed him in real life. Oh God

I really hope they clear this up quick, very annoying storyline. Becky's sure to find out what he's told Dev and Sunita....if she has an ounce of decency about her, she'll come clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street bosses have announced plans to broadcast a special Easter episode of the soap which will include scenes filmed in London.

An hour-long edition due to air next month will see Weatherfield's Sean Tully (Antony Cotton) head to the capital to be reunited with his son Dylan at the Easter holidays.

During his time away from home, Sean is both surprised and thrilled to bump into his ex-boyfriend Marcus Dent, played by Charlie Condou.

Fans will also have the chance to catch up with old Weatherfield residents as Dylan's mum Violet (Jenny Platt) and her boyfriend Jamie (Rupert Hill) both appear in the episode.

Additionally, the special sees Bruno Langley reprise his role as Todd Grimshaw as he returns to Weatherfield to introduce mum Eileen to his new rich boyfriend.

Show bosses have promised that there will be surprises in store as Todd's journey north does not go entirely to plan, while Sean's time in the capital also sparks some unexpected events.

Speaking of the special, a Coronation Street spokesperson said: "It will be a real treat for Corrie viewers to see Sean exploring the sights of London, whilst at the same time Todd returns to Weatherfield to catch up with his mum.

"Sean is desperate to be a real dad to Dylan so when Violet says he can visit he is thrilled, but when he arrives in the capital he is in for a few surprises.

"Meanwhile, back in Weatherfield, Todd has returned home for Easter - but how does he feel about Coronation Street now he has a rich boyfriend in tow and a glamorous life in London?"

Filming on the episode - due to air on Sunday, April 24 - will begin in London later this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What are they going to call this one off special? Brokeback Hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I thought Maria was meant to get raped?

Me too unless he succeeds next time - The actress who plays Maria cant act

By the application of all that makeup and the new hairdo, she managed to look about half as attractive as she usually does.

What was the artistic director David doing blow drying the back of that woman's hair when the rest of her head was under the dryer? Perhaps when he was at Hairdressing College, someone did it to him, thus roasting his brain into a small self-centred blob.

why was Maria dressed up like a dogs dinner if he wasn't interested in your man? she could have turned up in jeans and runners:D I thought she gets raped too and read about how traumatic it was to film the disturbing scenes:confused:

why was Maria dressed up like a dogs dinner if he wasn't interested in your man? she could have turned up in jeans and runners:D I thought she gets raped too and read about how traumatic it was to film the disturbing scenes:confused:

Carla told Maria to buy a new dress and get dolled up as it might help Underworld land the account

I think it was a very rushed storyline and not at all like what was hyped in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I thought she gets raped too and read about how traumatic it was to film the disturbing scenes:confused:
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think it was a very rushed storyline and not at all like what was hyped in the media

The actress who plays Maria was on This Morning a couple of weeks ago and she said they were very difficult scenes to film and how the storyline affected her emotionally...what a load of poop!!

Then the woman who reviews the soaps on This Morning also said the attack happened last night so I think that was the end of it. I really thought there was going to be a bigger storyline around this! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The actress who plays Maria was on This Morning a couple of weeks ago and she said they were very difficult scenes to film and how the storyline affected her emotionally...what a load of poop!!

Then the woman who reviews the soaps on This Morning also said the attack happened last night so I think that was the end of it. I really thought there was going to be a bigger storyline around this! :confused:

Yeah, I though it was going to be like the Toyah rape story line...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It was filmed on a closed set and left up to the imaginations of the press. They were never going to hire Inspector Neil off The Bill just to play a two or three episode baddie. Expect his wedding and divorce from / to Carla anytime soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It was filmed on a closed set and left up to the imaginations of the press. They were never going to hire Inspector Neil off The Bill just to play a two or three episode baddie. Expect his wedding and divorce from / to Carla anytime soon.:)

Yeah he has really left himself go since the bill.In that he was the height of respectability and now he has lowered himself to raping women;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah he has really left himself go since the bill.In that he was the height of respectability and now he has lowered himself to raping women;):p
    :shakes head:

lol

If you were in her situation in reality you probably would be awful upset but maybe I've been desensitised by tv...I found myself sitting there on the sofa with my tea and custard creams saying 'ah ffs Maria, get a grip woman, he only pulled your skirt up over your head':rolleyes:...........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Sophie's feeling low after her row with Sian, but her family are too caught up in their own problems to notice. Sunita later finds her drunk and urges her to go home.

Instead, however, Sophie makes her way to the church brimming with anger. An encounter with the pastor then leaves Sophie's life hanging in the balance as she falls from the church roof…

550w_corrie_7553_4.jpg

looks to me like Sophie has a stunt girl/woman to do her scenes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I was reading an interview Sophie done and appartently she fell off the church roof herself (onto a big crash mat) and then just lay on the car roof so no stunt women required

I just thought she had a stunt double because i have seen a few pictures of the fall and her face isn't shown :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

those rape scenes which i fast forwarded through cos der cringworthy seemed rushed because they were actually last minute scenes since frank was oringally sposed to be a new love affair with michelle but since kim marsh got prego in real life she had to go on maternity leave so new scripts wre wrote for samia smyth (maria) at the last minute :)

• Advertisement

Frank sets his sights on a new lady .............................. Tracy Barlow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement