Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Must say, that Chinese wan is quite possibly the most beautiful woman in the world. Well, hotter than Sally Webster at the very least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Where was Rita living since the tram crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    Must say, that Chinese wan is quite possibly the most beautiful woman in the world. Well, hotter than Sally Webster at the very least.
    hotter than Sally?:eek: you should go to specsavers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Frank sets his sights on a new lady .............................. Tracy Barlow

Oh please let him murder her!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

blondie7 wrote: »
    Oh please let him murder her!

or the other way round cos then its bye bye tracey & frank... until next time lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Where was Rita living since the tram crash.
    I think she was living with Emily.

That made me think, if Rita lost everything, how come she still has all the same clothes? :p

Mary gets on my nerves a lot, I wish she'd leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Liz McDonald's Coronation Street exit will see her bid an emotional farewell to the Rovers Return before leaving Weatherfield alone, a report has claimed.

According to The Sun, poignant scenes on the ITV1 soap will see the landlady complete one final shift at her beloved pub before putting on her coat, walking to the door and taking in her surroundings for the last time as she turns off the lights.

It is thought that bosses want the scenes to mirror the way iconic Rovers favourite Bet Lynch (Julie Goodyear) departed the cobbles in 1995.

Sources say that Liz decides to start a new life in Spain after ex-husband Jim (Charles Lawson) stages an armed robbery at Weatherfield's building society. He does so as part of a desperate attempt to raise funds in order to buy The Rovers.

After his plan goes wrong, Jim is expected to be jailed for 20 years - leaving Liz heartbroken. She agrees to wait for him, but with little keeping her in Weatherfield, she apparently leaves the country without telling him.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a307888/lizs-corrie-exit-details-revealed.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just watched Monday's episodes. It takes years to gain a permanent work visa through marriage. I can understand Kylie, David, Tina, Graeme and Xian thinking it was a great idea in the heat of the moment but as soon as one of them would go online and see what's actually required and the risks involved, which I'd imagine an intelligent woman like a multi-lingual psychiatric nurse would be capable of doing, they'd knock the stupid idea on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eddy121

The UK Borders agency complimented Corrie on the accuracy of its storyline, be interesting to see how it develops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

iguana wrote: »
    Just watched Monday's episodes. It takes years to gain a permanent work visa through marriage. I can understand Kylie, David, Tina, Graeme and Xian thinking it was a great idea in the heat of the moment but as soon as one of them would go online and see what's actually required and the risks involved, which I'd imagine an intelligent woman like a multi-lingual psychiatric nurse would be capable of doing, they'd knock the stupid idea on the head.

But is she eligible to stay in the country when her visa expires of she marrys?

I don't think work is her priority at the moment tbh, just staying in England.

• Advertisement

But is she eligible to stay in the country when her visa expires of she marrys?

Maybe. It's decided on a case by case basis and if they decide her marriage isn't genuine she would be deported without much hope of ever being allowed to return. If the marriage is believed to be genuine she would be given a two year visa, conditional on still being married, if in that time her marriage is found not to be genuine she would be deported with no hope of ever being allowed back.

After two years she could apply for indefinite leave to stay, which if granted would only remain as long as she and Graeme were still married. Only once she has that she can she apply for naturalised citizenship, which would take quite a while to process, with no guarantees. His relationship with Tina is over for those years and extremely unlikely to survive that type of separation, especially as he and Xin must live together and appear publically as a couple.

She and Graeme would be looking at 3 years of marriage with some potentially severe consequences if they were caught out and made an example of. I had a staff member in the UK who was going through this process (legitimately) and it's very difficult, they were genuinely afraid at times that they would have to leave the UK if she was denied a visa. It is made purposefully difficult in order to stop people from doing what Graeme and Xin are planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I have a feeling Sally will end up back in her old house which has been left empty Ashley and Claire. Always amazes me how people always manage to find somewhere to live thats still on the Street / Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Great to see they've finally allowed Sally to ditch the wig. I never understood why they made her wear it , surely going without it was more believable to the storyline and she was more than happy not to wear it.

Maybe. It's decided on a case by case basis and if they decide her marriage isn't genuine she would be deported without much hope of ever being allowed to return. If the marriage is believed to be genuine she would be given a two year visa, conditional on still being married, if in that time her marriage is found not to be genuine she would be deported with no hope of ever being allowed back.

After two years she could apply for indefinite leave to stay, which if granted would only remain as long as she and Graeme were still married. Only once she has that she can she apply for naturalised citizenship, which would take quite a while to process, with no guarantees. His relationship with Tina is over for those years and extremely unlikely to survive that type of separation, especially as he and Xin must live together and appear publically as a couple.

She and Graeme would be looking at 3 years of marriage with some potentially severe consequences if they were caught out and made an example of. I had a staff member in the UK who was going through this process (legitimately) and it's very difficult, they were genuinely afraid at times that they would have to leave the UK if she was denied a visa. It is made purposefully difficult in order to stop people from doing what Graeme and Xin are planning.

Interesting stuff.

I watched tonight's episode and just thought it was ridiculous. Tina and Graeme obviously didn't expect to have to pretend to the neighbours that they had broken up. This should have changed everything. It's no longer a simple straight forward plan anymore, it now becomes a case of reputations being damaged and different living arrangements. They don't seem to have any coherent plan as such, just making up things as they go along.

Probably the most unrealistic storyline in a while tbh.

Karen23 wrote: »
    Great to see they've finally allowed Sally to ditch the wig. I never understood why they made her wear it , surely going without it was more believable to the storyline and she was more than happy not to wear it.

Ah, it was probably more to show she had recovered from cancer and that it's in the past.

Whatever their reasoning behind it, I'm sure there is/was a good explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

grahams sposed to be leaving anyway so this is prob how he balls things up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Interesting stuff.

I watched tonight's episode and just thought it was ridiculous. Tina and Graeme obviously didn't expect to have to pretend to the neighbours that they had broken up. This should have changed everything. It's no longer a simple straight forward plan anymore, it now becomes a case of reputations being damaged and different living arrangements. They don't seem to have any coherent plan as such, just making up things as they go along.

Probably the most unrealistic storyline in a while tbh.

Plus stupid storyline.

So this Xin is never mentioned before by Tina yet now she will do anything to keep her in the Country evern have her marry Graeme which this must be part of his exit storyline which is a let down for the character imo it might have been best have him leave with Claire or die also in the tram disaster. I hope Tina gets back with David they make a great couple but from future spoilers Tina gets with Tommy Duckworth.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Plus stupid storyline.

So this Xin is never mentioned before by Tina yet now she will do anything to keep her in the Country evern have her marry Graeme which this must be part of his exit storyline which is a let down for the character imo it might have been best have him leave with Claire or die also in the tram disaster. I hope Tina gets back with David they make a great couple but from future spoilers Tina gets with Tommy Duckworth.

Can'y see this not happening in the future tbh. Their relationship created such interesting story lines and their personalties compliment each other perfectly. It would be a big opportunity missed for the soap not to have a big story line reuniting them. They are probably waiting for a good moment, to make it as explosive as possible.

Ah, it was probably more to show she had recovered from cancer and that it's in the past.

Whatever their reasoning behind it, I'm sure there is/was a good explanation.

It's probably because the cancer the actress had was more severe than the character's. Sally Webster was seen on screen being told that she needed radiation rather than chemotherapy so wouldn't lose her hair, whereas Sally Dynevor did need chemo and lost her hair. They couldn't have altered the story to say that her cancer was worse than they initially thought as the actress wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

can't wait to read the stories that all the knockers on here are writing - they must be really good if they're better than the street - the best written/acted/directed serial on tv today

please could ye all post links to your writings on here, and don't be too surprised if ye get a few knockers of ye're own :D

• Advertisement

line6 wrote: »
    can't wait to read the stories that all the knockers on here are writing - they must be really good if they're better than the street - the best written/acted/directed serial on tv today

please could ye all post links to your writings on here, and don't be too surprised if ye get a few knockers of ye're own :D

Yeah because you have to have written a television series to recognise unrealistic stories, especially when it comes to issues you have real life experience of.:rolleyes: I'm a big fan of Corrie but it's far from the best written, acted or directed series on tv, just for starts a quick browse through the shows produced by HBO, AMC or even Showtime will give you a pretty big list of shows that knock Corrie out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I really couldn't care less about Sophie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I really couldn't care less about Sophie.
    same here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

perhaps the annoying priest will be done for attempted murder....I live in hope :rolleyes:

Yeah because you have to have written a television series to recognise unrealistic stories, especially when it comes to issues you have real life experience of.:rolleyes: I'm a big fan of Corrie but it's far from the best written, acted or directed series on tv, just for starts a quick browse through the shows produced by HBO, AMC or even Showtime will give you a pretty big list of shows that knock Corrie out of the water.

ok, remember i said serial not series

:rolleyes:

o_rly_owl.jpg

In televisual terms a serial is a programme with a continuing storyline. That's even in your own link.:rolleyes:
    Serials in television and radio are series that rely on a continuing plot that unfolds in a sequential episode by episode fashion. Serials typically follow main story arcs that span entire seasons or even the full run of the series, which distinguishes them from traditional episodic television that relies on more stand-alone episodes.

Most HBO, AMC and Showtime series are also serials.

• Advertisement

well done - you are quite correct

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement