Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't know what Sian sees in miserable grouchy greasy Sophie, she has endless patience. I didn't even flinch when she fell off the church roof.
    Great to see Sally's hair has grown back.

I struggle to be interested in the Tina Graham and Xin wedding storyline........it's daft to bring her in as Tina's 'best mate' when there wasn't a word about her before now even throughout Tina's dad's death and all that.....Yeah right, pile of crap. Tina bullies Graham...she forced him into it all and then sulks with him when he says or does something that she doesn't agree with.

I've lost interest in Tina, she quite beautiful but she's usually so sour and boring.. she never laughs...and I still think her hair's too long and thick for her little head and neck. She piles it all up on top of her head like a Buckingham Palace guard helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

unexpected!
    Coronation Street
    It's been a rough patch for the Websters, as Sophie was recently rushed to hospital following her dramatic fall from the church roof.
    This week the troubled teenager's parents
    come to the realisation that they might have been neglecting their daughter as they were too busy dealing with their own problems. After Kevin and estranged wife Sally come back home together from the hospital, the pair admit to each other how bad they feel about the situation. They aren't sure how to make things right, and Sally is upset.
    In a bid to comfort her, Kevin hugs Sally and even tries to kiss her... How will she react?
    Meanwhile, Liz returns and is shocked to learn that Tracy is working at the Rovers.

From http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/soaps/article/13407/soaps-preview14-18-march.html

Didnt expect that.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What time is tea says norris:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jesus, corrie has gotten really bad!

Fiz is such an annoying b*tch! And Xian can't act.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that was weird in the salon with the twins i thought at first it was one person beside a mirror

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Sally, the hair. Why?? Why!!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I thought the lovey dovey between Sally and Kevin was a bit hairy, but glad to see its only short lived now:).Sally has come to her senses.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    Sally, the hair. Why?? Why!!!!????

The actress had cancer and lost her hair. It's now long enough for her not to need a wig any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

iguana wrote: »
    The actress had cancer and lost her hair. It's now long enough for her not to need a wig any more.

Both in real life and in the programme. She discovered it in real life around the time the show was dealing with the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Janey Mack , Liz really has missed a lot hasnt she

• Advertisement

Karen23 wrote: »
    Janey Mack , Liz really has missed a lot hasnt she

I don't know what she talked to Becky and Steve about during those two weeks they spent with her last month. Or where they told her Amy was when she surely asked why they only brought Max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Same Difference.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

iguana wrote: »
    I don't know what she talked to Becky and Steve about during those two weeks they spent with her last month. Or where they told her Amy was when she surely asked why they only brought Max.

I was sure they had brought her with them at first and that was why Tracey got the job in the pub and then when they came home Steve was going to visit her with a gift.

shoes34 wrote: »
    I was sure they had brought her with them at first and that was why Tracey got the job in the pub and then when they came home Steve was going to visit her with a gift.

Becky wanted to bring Amy as she'd assumed Tracey would be back in jail. But once she got acquitted Steve didn't want to antagonise her so I don't think he even suggested it to Tracey. He hired her because Tracey suggested leaving Weatherfield completely as she couldn't find work and he didn't want to get back from holiday and find her and Amy gone. Amy was seen with Tracey a few times while Becky and Steve were away, like at the bus top when Tracey and Tina had a sarcastic exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why are utv only showing one episode tonight and tv3 are showing two?:confused:

WTF did Maria warn that b***h about Frank? Let her find out the hard way.The knives are going to be out for her now;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

jimmyw wrote: »
    WTF did Maria warn that b***h about Frank? Let her find out the hard way.The knives are going to be out for her now;)

twas a bit stupid of her alright - and now the order is gone - :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

seems to me like underworld is always on the ropes
    alison king still amazes me how hot she is but lately shes getting that old woman crusty upper lip thing :/ too much imac i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

casio4 wrote: »
    why are utv only showing one episode tonight and tv3 are showing two?:confused:
    UTV had an hourlong episode 730-830.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Poor Becky:(, that Liz is such a bitch.

• Advertisement

That frank is a nasty piece of work too:mad:.I hope Tracy sees the bad side of him soon.I liked his previous incarnation though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

jimmyw wrote: »
    That frank is a nasty piece of work too:mad:.I hope Tracy sees the bad side of him soon.I liked his previous incarnation though:)

I hope she doesnt.Cow
    But doesnt Carla marry him?

What a load of rubbish between that and Eastenders its boring the life out of me.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I loved Becky last night, she was brilliant! Im so delighted for Liz nosey auld cow cant mind her own business:rolleyes: Good riddance to her hope she goes sooner rather than later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Liz was bang out of order with all the things she said about Becky. Especially about her mothering skills, when she knows how good she was to Amy. I felt really sorry for Becky last night, she's really at the end of her tether. And the state of Liz!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Poor Becky:(, that Liz is such a bitch.

Classic Corri last night with Becky's one liner to liz - A tart with a bus pass. Only Blanche could have come out with something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Chris Fountain makes his debut in Coronation Street next week, appearing in the role of Tommy Duckworth. Viewers last saw Tommy as a child character back in 2000, but Jack and Vera's grandson is now all grown up and ready to make his mark in Weatherfield as his charming and confident nature causes a stir on the cobbles. Tommy flirts with Sophie and Sian within minutes of his arrival on the street, but he soon has another local lady in his sights
    chris_fountain_5326199.jpg

Is it true that we'll see Tommy taking a shine to Tina McIntyre?
    "Well, he takes a bit of a shine to everybody on the street! He chats up Sian, he chats up Sophie but then he definitely does take a bit of a shine to Tina when he meets her in the pub. Tina then spends an evening with Tyrone and Tommy at the Duckworths' house, watching a film."

Something interesting :D Is this the end of
    Tina and Graeme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Melissa89 wrote: »
    Liz was bang out of order with all the things she said about Becky. Especially about her mothering skills, when she knows how good she was to Amy. I felt really sorry for Becky last night, she's really at the end of her tether. And the state of Liz!

Becky's been irritating me of late but I did feel sorry for her with Liz griping at her. I think no matter who Becky's arguing with, Steve always appears to be taking the other person's side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Becky said something along the lines of: "This is the future face of the rovers"

While she looked like she had been mauled by a tiger.

Christ I hope she is wrong. I am thoroughly sick of corrie at this stage. Its less Corrie and more Shameless. And while I quite like Shameless, I dont want to watch 5 episodes of it a week.

It has gone seriously down hill in recent times. It is either building up to something good, or is continuing down a very bad road, by plot-raping old and loved characters, with young new and hated characters. Its turning into Eastenders!

For example, former Para Jim McDonald - Coronation Street legend(Fiona, you dont love him(Steve) you love me!), gets beaten up by a couple of brick layers for trying to get back with his ex-wife. All organised by the grubiest arse ever, e.g. Eoin.

Funny and witty Eileen, who was always bubbly, turned into a moany old bint, who resorted to stealing off the aforementioned *****r Eoin.

Then Eoin won again, by miraculously stealing Eileens leverage back and rang the cops.

Some bloke called Frank turns up and if not rapes, then sexually assaults a much loved character in Maria,and if that isnt bad enough, I just saw her apologise for ratting him out. :eek:

Due to a technicality, evil incarnate Tracy is back in weatherfield, causing more anger and unhappiness.

And dont get me started on Graham, Tina and Xian. Not to be confused with Sian.

I have been watching Corrie for 27 years, and while I really hated Don Brennan, I never remember such a long spell of such poor, and ridiculous storylines.

Am I alone in my thinking?

syklops wrote: »
    Xian. Not to be confused with Sian.

Nor Sean. :P

syklops wrote: »
    I have been watching Corrie for 27 years, and while I really hated Don Brennan, I never remember such a long spell of such poor, and ridiculous storylines.

Am I alone in my thinking?

Tbh, it's been going downhill for ages. I'd say having Dev have 7 secret families spread across Weatherfield was the beginning of the rot. Tracey murdering Charlie was another ridiculous story, along with Ashley's affair. Then Michelle's baby swap story which was my personal low. Rosie's transition from mixed-up goth girl to stupid bitch. Everything with John Stape and Fiz since he kidnapped Rosie. The Becky and Steve pairing. Most of David's stories, I thought he was improving of late but the Kylie thing is lining up to be a stinker. Molly and Kevin's affair turned my stomach (I just want to jump your bones - ewwww). The whole Joe being broke, dying and Gail in Jail. And everything with newoldNick.

In between it's had a lot of great stuff. Blanche was always entertaining, with the AA meeting being my favourite Corrie scene ever. There is a lot of great comedy. I did enjoy the tram crash. Rosie's kidnapping was so bad it was good. Sally's cancer story was great until it unfortunately truncated by Dynevor's own cancer. Her split from Kevin is also good. I've enjoyed Peter's storylines, Gascoigne plays a great drunk, Jane Danson is a very under-rated actor and Alex Bain is a really talented kid. I like Mary and Norris. I enjoy a lot of Betty's scenes as she's a good straight woman. Roy is generally fantastic.

Corrie has a great cast of characters, with some great relationships between them. I really wish they would focus more on the "gentler" storylines. Keep the character relationships consistent, would Michelle really have happily worked with Steve and Becky almost instantly after Steve cheated on her with Becky? And then when the more "explosive" stories happen, they'd be genuinely exciting and we'd care more about the characters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

^^ I wish I could thank you twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement