Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

couldn't agree with you more :) (just one thing though I don't like mary, Norris I love but Mary nooooooooo):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

casio4 wrote: »
    couldn't agree with you more :) (just one thing though I don't like mary, Norris I love but Mary nooooooooo):D

I agree Norris is a pain but funny pain,Mary is scary :(

caseyann wrote: »
    I agree Norris is a pain but funny pain,Mary is scary :(
    yeah she is a bit too weird:eek:

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah she is a bit too weird:eek:

I wouldnt her let her next to near me.Gives me the willies lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

200 grand??:confused: Yeah right, give me a break, as if:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

This arguing is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Agree with all of the recent posts regarding stupid storylines. Tracey, John, Fizz, Becky, Kylie, Rosie, Dev, all total dopes. It's a pity Blanche is gone as she was the best thing in it. Aren't they meant to try and get someone to play a similar type of role and I wonder if that is why Roy's mother got a mention this evening?

While I'm at it, was there ever a soap where so many characters smoke their freaking brains out? Or maybe, it's just that they need the smoking area behind the Rovers as a cheap set!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

What got on my nerves tonight was when Leanne said to Janice "You can't go away with him you barely know him" - err didn't Janice pack up and go on hollidays a few weeks ago with some lad who was at a stags do in the Rovers - and she'd spent about 2 mintues chatting to him and then just legged it on holidays with him (I'm sure Leanne was egging her on to go).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

ollaetta wrote: »
    Aren't they meant to try and get someone to play a similar type of role and I wonder if that is why Roy's mother got a mention this evening?

I think her real name is Steph Cole. She played Mrs Featherstone or the Black Widow in Open All Hours. If Roys mother is anything like her she is going to be a brilliant character, maybe even better than Blanche.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iguana wrote: »

Corrie has a great cast of characters, with some great relationships between them. I really wish they would focus more on the "gentler" storylines. Keep the character relationships consistent, would Michelle really have happily worked with Steve and Becky almost instantly after Steve cheated on her with Becky? And then when the more "explosive" stories happen, they'd be genuinely exciting and we'd care more about the characters.

And also Maria is suddenly best friends with Carla, despite the fact that her husband had an affair with her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Trevor the bin-man's elopement with Janice takes some believing.
    Perhaps Jan reminds him of Carla - both have a voice like a cat sliding down a blackboard.
    That's about it, though. Carla shades it on the good looks.

The other thing giving me sleepless nights at the moment is the complete absence from Corrie of any obese characters. The staple diet in Weatherfield seems to be chips, Ulster fries at Roy's, Pizzas and Kebabs. Surely we should see one or two twenty-stoners among the troubled regulars at t'Rovers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Poor Becky:(, that Liz is such a bitch.
    blondie7 wrote: »
    I loved Becky last night, she was brilliant! Im so delighted for Liz nosey auld cow cant mind her own business:rolleyes: Good riddance to her hope she goes sooner rather than later!
    Melissa89 wrote: »
    Liz was bang out of order with all the things she said about Becky. Especially about her mothering skills, when she knows how good she was to Amy. I felt really sorry for Becky last night, she's really at the end of her tether. And the state of Liz!

LOL.

How would any of you react if you were in Liz's shoes? She's Steve's Mother FFS.

She sees her son's life in bits. He's up to his eyes in debt, he financed his wife to buy a baby, he's lost his child because Tracey found out and is blackmailing and their reputation is hanging by a thread on the street as so many know about Becky looting the shop and Steve covering for her. All of these things are down to Becky's actions. She is by far and away most responsible for their problems.

Anybody who reacts any differently to Liz, is either seriously deluded as to what has actually happened or are suffering from amnesia and are very forgetful.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a311426/corries-final-john-stape-shock-revealed.html

The conclusion to Coronation Street's John Stape storyline will see the twisted character commit suicide, a report has claimed today.

According to the Daily Star, a plot twist on the Weatherfield soap will see the ex-convict end his life this summer.

Sources say that John will be driven to the shock decision when an incident at Underworld leads to fresh building work at the factory, where he hid the body of his foe Colin Fishwick in July 2010.

Fearing that Colin's remains will be uncovered, John apparently decides to end his nightmare by taking his own life. Exact details of how he will commit suicide have not been revealed.

Colin's sudden death at the Stape house last summer sparked a long-running saga for John. After concealing Colin's body in the factory because he did not want his identity theft to be revealed to police, John was relieved when builders unwittingly covered the corpse with fresh concrete.

However, John later had to deal with the increasingly deranged behaviour of his co-conspirator Charlotte Hoyle. In the soap's 50th anniversary week, he finally snapped and attacked her with a hammer, leaving the bunny boiler in a critical state before her life support machine was later turned off in hospital.

More recently, John was involved in the death of Colin's mother Joy Fishwick after befriending her amid his guilt.

Graeme Hawley, who plays the hapless character, recently said that he would like John to strike again in order to break Corrie's killer record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm delighted to see the back of John, but moany clean freak Fizz is really getting on my tits. Moany, cleany, weepy, miserable Fizz is more than I can take. If I knew when this will all be happening, ill plan my holidays for the same week.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a311426/corries-final-john-stape-shock-revealed.html

The conclusion to Coronation Street's John Stape storyline will see the twisted character commit suicide, a report has claimed today.

According to the Daily Star, a plot twist on the Weatherfield soap will see the ex-convict end his life this summer.

Sources say that John will be driven to the shock decision when an incident at Underworld leads to fresh building work at the factory, where he hid the body of his foe Colin Fishwick in July 2010.

Fearing that Colin's remains will be uncovered, John apparently decides to end his nightmare by taking his own life. Exact details of how he will commit suicide have not been revealed.

Colin's sudden death at the Stape house last summer sparked a long-running saga for John. After concealing Colin's body in the factory because he did not want his identity theft to be revealed to police, John was relieved when builders unwittingly covered the corpse with fresh concrete.

However, John later had to deal with the increasingly deranged behaviour of his co-conspirator Charlotte Hoyle. In the soap's 50th anniversary week, he finally snapped and attacked her with a hammer, leaving the bunny boiler in a critical state before her life support machine was later turned off in hospital.

More recently, John was involved in the death of Colin's mother Joy Fishwick after befriending her amid his guilt.

Graeme Hawley, who plays the hapless character, recently said that he would like John to strike again in order to break Corrie's killer record.

He is no great loss

syklops wrote: »
    I'm delighted to see the back of John, but moany clean freak Fizz is really getting on my tits. Moany, cleany, weepy, miserable Fizz is more than I can take. If I knew when this will all be happening, ill plan my holidays for the same week.

Hopefully he kills Fiz first and baby Hope goes to Hayley and Roy then

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That was just how I felt about Nick during the tram crash. I'd have liked to see him dead but weepy Gail would have been too much to bear.

Worst of all it won't just be weepy, moany Fiz. It'll be weepy, moany Fizz with the guilty secret of stealing Joy's money.:(

I cant stand her but i feel bad for her and delighted john is going almost dancing time :D She is another one of those story lines of people who have the worst luck and judgement.

Will he admit to everything in his suicide letter i wonder,can of worms.

That was just how I felt about Nick during the tram crash. I'd have liked to see him dead but weepy Gail would have been too much to bear.

Worst of all it won't just be weepy, moany Fiz. It'll be weepy, moany Fizz with the guilty secret of stealing Joy's money.:(

I agree. What they need to do is get rid of Fizz too.

So I am thinking Chesney and his hot, but personality-less, instantly forgettable GF announce they are trying for a baby. Eoin tells Chesney, to leave whats her face or he will feed him to his own dog. Ches and Whatsherface decide 'sod that', and leave weatherfield. John gets out of the looney bin, hears about the plans for the factory, goes postal, kills Fizz with a hammer( hammer sandwich??), and then cant think of anything to kill himself with, so swallows all of Schmichael's worm pills along with a bottle of vodka, and dies from choking from choking on one of the pills. Ironically enough, had he swallowed it it would not have harmed him.

That way we have Jule and Hayley saying "Oh Dear" and "How awful", but no fiz water works, and weeks of her sat in her dressing gown, moping about the house.

I dont mean to be really shallow, but there is a reason why Tyrone's moping around the house in a bathrobe lasted about 2-3 episodes after his bereavement, but Maria's moping around the house in a bathrobe after Liam died lasted a few weeks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Maybe Fiz will only mourn for a day or two and then fall into the arms of Tyrone. She mightn't be so bad back with him. She could go back to being more of a jolly, comedy character.

• Advertisement

I don't know about any of you but I usually watch the episodes of this on sky plus late at night.

It's handy, whenever a Rita-Emily scene is on, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Dev-Sunita scene, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Gail-Audrey scene, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Fiz, Gail or Tyrone moaping scene, I fast forward:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I hope Cilla will return to support Fiz during this time. A character sadly missed and think what she'd do with Joys money

Chris Fountain as Tommy Duckworth debuts tonight

I don't know about any of you but I usually watch the episodes of this on sky plus late at night.

It's handy, whenever a Rita-Emily scene is on, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Dev-Sunita scene, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Gail-Audrey scene, I fast forward:D Whenever there is a Fiz, Gail or Tyrone moaping scene, I fast forward:D

So you basically watch about 4 minutes of corrie a night?
    Well its a hobby I suppose.

So you basically watch about 4 minutes of corrie a night?
    Well its a hobby I suppose.

I only look at the meaningful storylines.

I can't stand pointless waffle.

Depends what night it is, some have more waffle than others.

I only look at the meaningful storylines.

I can't stand pointless waffle.

Depends what night it is, some have more waffle than others.

I suppose you only watch the match highlights with the sound turned down then? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Am the only one who likes John?

i like him :o

I like him too..

• Advertisement

Maybe Fiz will only mourn for a day or two and then fall into the arms of Tyrone. She mightn't be so bad back with him. She could go back to being more of a jolly, comedy character.

Will Cilla come back to support her or does she even know that she is married and has a baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement