Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow David Platt has competition in the tangoed look in Tommy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it's a bit silly the way Graeme is talking out loud in the pub about getting caught at the wedding and Norris listening to it all:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Am the only one who likes John?

I dont hate John. I just hate the stooopid storylines he has been involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chris Fountain as Tommy Duckworth debuts tonight

Im all over that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Why would anyone be conducting private business in the bar of the pub? They did eventually go into the back, but they should have went in first.On the subject of John Stape, he is not the most favoured character, but if he manages to kill Kyle for some reason, then I will forgive him all his woes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

syklops wrote: »
    I agree. What they need to do is get rid of Fizz too.

So I am thinking Chesney and his hot, but personality-less, instantly forgettable GF announce they are trying for a baby. Eoin tells Chesney, to leave whats her face or he will feed him to his own dog. Ches and Whatsherface decide 'sod that', and leave weatherfield. John gets out of the looney bin, hears about the plans for the factory, goes postal, kills Fizz with a hammer( hammer sandwich??), and then cant think of anything to kill himself with, so swallows all of Schmichael's worm pills along with a bottle of vodka, and dies from choking from choking on one of the pills. Ironically enough, had he swallowed it it would not have harmed him.

That way we have Jule and Hayley saying "Oh Dear" and "How awful", but no fiz water works, and weeks of her sat in her dressing gown, moping about the house.

I dont mean to be really shallow, but there is a reason why Tyrone's moping around the house in a bathrobe lasted about 2-3 episodes after his bereavement, but Maria's moping around the house in a bathrobe after Liam died lasted a few weeks.

seriously wat the fúck?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

syklops wrote: »
    I dont mean to be really shallow, but there is a reason why Tyrone's moping around the house in a bathrobe lasted about 2-3 episodes after his bereavement, but Maria's moping around the house in a bathrobe after Liam died lasted a few weeks.

This is quite deliberate - Maria looks luscious in a dressing gown, Tyrone less so.

For the same reason, JS should whack Graeme (and preferably his Chinese wife) leaving us to enjoy several weeks of Tina treating us to bathrobe-moping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

More trouble for John Stape perhaps

The new guy at the school Leanne and Cheryl were discussing..Mr Packham

140px-Brian_packham.jpg

John/Colins old friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Epicurus wrote: »
    More trouble for John Stape perhaps

The new guy at the school Leanne and Cheryl were discussing..Mr Packham

140px-Brian_packham.jpg

John/Colins old friend.

Well spotted Epicurous, I didn't know what they were rambling on about, I wasn't paying any heed. I find Cheryl boring to watch, I really don't know why...maybe it's her voice...I like Lloyd though.

• Advertisement

Wow David Platt has competition in the tangoed look in Tommy :p

Yeah wtf?! He's totally orange! Did you ever see the likes of it? Between him, Tina and David. 3 Oompa Lumpas.

I know I've mentioned this before but can Kevin change his jacket ffs!...It's the same one he's been wearing every episode this year..even the special night out with him and Sally where she was all dolled up.

What do you all think about this money lark? Should he split it with Sally? My hubbie thinks he should but I dunno..yeah Kevin's been a total b*llox but I think he should let her have the house and he can go off somewhere and stick his lottery ticket up his árse. Ps wild horses couldn't drag me into the bed with Jeff...there's something about him that makes my abdominal organs retreat up into my thoracic cavity and everyone's going on about him being a top of the range hunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Gail asked David to make up with Sarah last night, can anyone remember why they fell out???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

blondie7 wrote: »
    Gail asked David to make up with Sarah last night, can anyone remember why they fell out???

Because she didnt invite him to her wedding. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

She planted drugs on him so he couldn't get the job in Milan, which she took instead.

Jason ended up dumping her when he found out what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

kevin has been wearing that jacket now for about 17 years, i honestly remember because i used to have an identical one at the time .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

She planted drugs on him so he couldn't get the job in Milan, which she took instead.

It started off before that. They began fighting when he sent her a birthday card and signed it Richard Hillman. Then he hid ecstacy in Bethany's doll which Bethany ate and nearly died from. Sarah wouldn't forgive him for that so he went nuts and tried to kill Jason by taking the bolts out of the scaffolding he was on. Then he ruined her wedding on purpose by faking his suicide and turning everyone against her and Gail threw her out. As a result of his suicide attempt Steven offered David a cushy job in Milan. Which was when Sarah cracked that he was being rewarded for all the horrible things he did, so she planted drugs on him and when Steven refused to hire him she asked for the job.

Jason didn't dump her though. He backed out of going to Milan when she told him and they had a fight about it. He had sex with Becky the next month who he had been flirting with while he was with Sarah, partly due to David's manipulations. The next morning he rushed off to Milan to be with Sarah but he told her about sleeping with Becky so she gave him a blackeye (all off-screen). Then a few months later he tried to get back with Sarah as she was considering moving home, but then she got back with her new Italian boyfriend and dumped him for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Good God is anyone seeing the state of the fake tan on that new lad in Corrie? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

are Steve and Becky leaving the show?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think just beckie - and not before time, she is really doing my head in at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think it's just Liz (and Jim) who are leaving for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

iguana wrote: »
    I think it's just Liz (and Jim) who are leaving for now.

A wee bit of robbery will see them departing. The things a man will do to sleep with his ex-wife.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think just beckie - and not before time, she is really doing my head in at the moment.

In time i think Beckie will go down as one of the all time greats of Corri. I think she is brilliant. She plays her part brilliant.

The things a man will do to sleep with his ex-wife.

I dont think Liz will need much encouraging to sleep with any man, including her ex, Jim

Deise Tom wrote: »
    In time i think Beckie will go down as one of the all time greats of Corri. I think she is brilliant. She plays her part brilliant.

I like her when things are going crap for her, I tend to feel sorry for her then. However, when things are going well and she's at that 'c'mere Stevie boy' lark, chewing gum with her mouth open, sucking the jaws of him and wrapping her legs around his waist in public places and people trying to eat their hotpots'. That just annoys me I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And her uniquely nauseating cigarette smoking style. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisa Maxwell is reportedly being considered for a role in Coronation Street.

The Loose Women star has secretly auditioned to play the new landlady of the Rovers Return following the departure of Beverley Callard, who plays Liz McDonald.

However, the former Bill actress reportedly faces competition from ex-EastEnders star Michelle Collins, who apparently met with producer and close friend Phil Collinson earlier this year to discuss a role in the ITV1 soap.

A Coronation Street source told the Sunday Mirror that no firm decision had been made yet, but added: "They are looking for a feisty blonde with plenty of attitude and Lisa and Michelle fit the bill."

The new landlady will allegedly arrive with her son and daughter when Liz leaves Weatherfield. Callard filmed her final scenes last month.

Maxwell played police officer Samantha Nixon in The Bill for nine years, but quit in 2009.

The Loose Women star has secretly auditioned to play the new landlady of the Rovers Return following the departure of Beverley Callard, who plays Liz McDonald.

However, the former Bill actress reportedly faces competition from ex-EastEnders star Michelle Collins, who apparently met with producer and close friend Phil Collinson earlier this year to discuss a role in the ITV1 soap.

A Coronation Street source told the Sunday Mirror that no firm decision had been made yet, but added: "They are looking for a feisty blonde with plenty of attitude and Lisa and Michelle fit the bill."

The new landlady will allegedly arrive with her son and daughter when Liz leaves Weatherfield. Callard filmed her final scenes last month.

Maxwell played police officer Samantha Nixon in The Bill for nine years, but quit in 2009.

What is it with Blones and the Rovers.

Liz, Natalie, Vera, Annie and now a new land lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Sam Nixon and DI Manson. Sparks may fly ....wonder will she not wear her uniform ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

If that happens then there will be two former Bill actors in CS. Di Manson Frank and her.

DO people on the street not mind anyone known their business?:confused:. There is Jim discussing his finance's on the street and outside a pub too:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement