Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I dont think Liz will need much encouraging to sleep with any man, including her ex, Jim

The scenes with him trying to snog her nearly brought my dinner up. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What is it with Blones and the Rovers.

Liz, Natalie, Vera, Annie and now a new land lady.

and shelly

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Crazed Coronation Street character John Stape will create a hostage situation in a cellar in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

According to The Mirror today, the climactic conclusion to the Stape saga will see the former schoolteacher imprison his wife Fiz and her brother Chesney, along with family friend Kirk Sutherland and Charlotte Hoyle's parents Alan and Dorothy.

It is thought that the dramatic showdown takes place in the cellar of the Hoyles' home as the truth about John's crimes starts to emerge at last, leaving viewers to wonder whether he could kill again.

A source told the newspaper: "John's world starts to crash around him in spectacular fashion when all the terrible secrets he has been hiding start to piece together in one big jigsaw.

"It ends with all five people being locked in the cellar fearing for their lives as Stape mulls over how to get out of the biggest mess of his life. He finds himself in a situation where everyone knows what he has done."

In a tragic twist, John is expected to later commit suicide as the thought of facing prison for his dark secrets becomes too much to bear...............

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a312852/shock-cellar-showdown-for-corries-john.html

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Time to book your holidays, Syklops. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Was listening to Rick O'shea on Monday and he was talking about Corrie. He said it's the worst run of stories in the show's history. I completely agree.

This was supposed to be Corrie's year with the tram crash etc. Now it's like it never happened! All the shops that were absolutely wrecked in the crash were fixed in the space of a few months.
    Then we have Becky and Steve on our screens for the past few months. One minute he wants to divorce her, next he's on about how much he loves her.

Not to forget this ridiculous sham marriage storyline, Kevin winning 200 grand which he said he wants to keep for baby Jack but then goes and buys a car for sally, Fiz desperately changing the subject when John asks about baby clothes, Maria's attempted "rape" etc.

It's really desperate, I thought they brought in the new producer to shake things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i totally agree, i've been a corrie fan for years and it just annoys me now,they are making some of the likeable characters annoying:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Btw, has anybody else noticed that 'The Kabin' sign is the same old one that they had before the tram crash, surely it'd have been made into a thousand bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Melissa89 wrote: »
    Btw, has anybody else noticed that 'The Kabin' sign is the same old one that they had before the tram crash, surely it'd have been made into a thousand bits!

maybe Mary picked them up and used industrial strength super glue to put the pieces together... could of happened?

Mary commissioned the sign when The Kabin reopened and she had it renamed Norris' News. Rita was upset so Norris commissioned a new sign saying The Kabin. It's pretty straight forward to get the exact same sign made, especially if you have a photo of the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I wish they'd do more with Mary. Much an all as I love her; her love for Norris is getting boring now. They should try and get her a job somewhere. Underworld haven't replaced Janice yet; or she could take Cheryls job at Streetcars now she's left.

She should set her sights on a new man as well; Kirk is available; he'd be perfect for her.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    She should set her sights on a new man as well; Kirk is available; he'd be perfect for her.

I liked how turned on she was by Jim the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yeah what did she say? i like them rugged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tracy Barlow will be accused of poisoning daughter Amy to try to win back her ex Steve McDonald in a sensational plot.
    Amy, seven, will contract a mysterious illness, forcing dad Steve (Simon Gregson) and mum Tracy (Kate Ford) to rush her to the doctor for tests.

But medics are baffled - and Steve's new wife Becky (Katherine Kelly) becomes convinced Amy (Elle Mulvaney) is being harmed by her own mum.

A source said of the big May plotline: "Becky loves Amy and can't bear to see her suffering. She also can't bear seeing Steve and Tracy together.

"She is jealous and she quickly realises that Tracy is feeding off the attention Steve is giving them both."

Becky confronts Tracy - and the pair row furiously.

Becky calls her rival the world's worst mum.

She reminds everyone how Tracy tried to sell Amy to Roy and Hayley Cropper when she was born, and how she missed years of Amy's life while banged up for boyfriend Charlie Stubbs' murder.

The source continued: "Becky can handle herself but Tracy is a dangerous enemy to make.

"If Steve believes Tracy over Becky, it could signal the end of their marriage."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3513344/Corrie-killer-Tracy-Barlow-accused-of-poisoning-daughter-in-new-plot.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just when you think the plots cant get any more ridiculous, they do. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a313286/another-shock-webster-accident-for-corrie.html

Coronation Street's Kevin Webster will be crushed by some expensive machinery at his garage in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

The Weatherfield mechanic, played by Michael Le Vell, will suffer a painful accident after his decision to splash out on a state-of-the-art car lifting machine backfires horribly, according to the Daily Star.

It is thought that Kevin uses over £20,000 of his scratchcard winnings to buy the device, but spitefully bans his business partner Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) from using it as their bitter feud continues.

In frustration over Kevin's , Tyrone apparently attacks the machine with a hammer, unwittingly causing a hydraulic leak. When Kevin uses his new purchase to work on a car later, he fails to anything is wrong until it starts moving downwards, taking the vehicle with it and crushing him with its weight.

A shocked Tyrone and his new housemate Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) are later alerted to Kevin's perilous situation and call an ambulance. Kevin's ex-partner Sally is also said to race to the scene when she finds out what has happened.

Sources say that Kevin is freed by emergency services but it is currently unclear whether they do so in enough time to avoid any lasting damage.

Relations at the garage have been frosty since December, when Tyrone discovered that Kevin had betrayed him by having an affair and fathering a child with his wife Molly before her death.

News of Kevin's accident comes after his daughter Sophie had a horror fall from a church roof last month.

The result of said accident will be that Kevin and Tyrone are the best of friends again and Sally forgives him, and takes him home, meaning an end to the Molly Saga.

Ill reserve judgement until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Is anybody else hating the Graham, Tina & Shin storyline. I HATE IT!!!

Why would you ask your boyfriend to marry your friend and then get jealous about it. Worst story line ever!!! Also Shin is supposed to be Tinas best friend... well where was she when her Dad died etc. Complete Bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

lolli wrote: »

Why would you ask your boyfriend to marry your friend and then get jealous about it. Worst story line ever!!! Also Shin is supposed to be Tinas best friend... well where was she when her Dad died etc. Complete Bull!

Totally agree. There's been a lot of crap storylines lately but that one is just beyond ridiculous.

The decline in Corrie since the tram crash is largely due to the return of Tracey. The storyline justifying her return was thinner than Bobby returning to Dallas, and her character, played by a tenth-rate actress, is ludicrous. The actress Kate Ford raised all our hopes by announcing that she missed her new-born baby and so would not be staying long. So what happened ? They chucked some more money at her and a new contract, and suddenly being parted from her baby seemed more bearable. The tail is now wagging the dog. Let her poison the brat Amy and get back to jail, I say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a313286/another-shock-webster-accident-for-corrie.html

Coronation Street's Kevin Webster will be crushed by some expensive machinery at his garage in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

The Weatherfield mechanic, played by Michael Le Vell, will suffer a painful accident after his decision to splash out on a state-of-the-art car lifting machine backfires horribly, according to the Daily Star.

It is thought that Kevin uses over £20,000 of his scratchcard winnings to buy the device, but spitefully bans his business partner Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) from using it as their bitter feud continues.

In frustration over Kevin's , Tyrone apparently attacks the machine with a hammer, unwittingly causing a hydraulic leak. When Kevin uses his new purchase to work on a car later, he fails to anything is wrong until it starts moving downwards, taking the vehicle with it and crushing him with its weight.

A shocked Tyrone and his new housemate Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) are later alerted to Kevin's perilous situation and call an ambulance. Kevin's ex-partner Sally is also said to race to the scene when she finds out what has happened.

Sources say that Kevin is freed by emergency services but it is currently unclear whether they do so in enough time to avoid any lasting damage.

Relations at the garage have been frosty since December, when Tyrone discovered that Kevin had betrayed him by having an affair and fathering a child with his wife Molly before her death.

News of Kevin's accident comes after his daughter Sophie had a horror fall from a church roof last month.

Could this mean that Kevin has some disability as a result of the accident and that Sally takes him back. I hope the latter is not the case.

• Advertisement

lolli wrote: »

I am sure that it is the build up to Grahams leaving the street. I am sure he will be found out as trying to get E.U. recidency for Shin and that he will get jail.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tracy Barlow will be accused of poisoning daughter Amy to try to win back her ex Steve McDonald in a sensational plot.
    Amy, seven, will contract a mysterious illness, forcing dad Steve (Simon Gregson) and mum Tracy (Kate Ford) to rush her to the doctor for tests.

But medics are baffled - and Steve's new wife Becky (Katherine Kelly) becomes convinced Amy (Elle Mulvaney) is being harmed by her own mum.

A source said of the big May plotline: "Becky loves Amy and can't bear to see her suffering. She also can't bear seeing Steve and Tracy together.

"She is jealous and she quickly realises that Tracy is feeding off the attention Steve is giving them both."

Becky confronts Tracy - and the pair row furiously.

Becky calls her rival the world's worst mum.

She reminds everyone how Tracy tried to sell Amy to Roy and Hayley Cropper when she was born, and how she missed years of Amy's life while banged up for boyfriend Charlie Stubbs' murder.

The source continued: "Becky can handle herself but Tracy is a dangerous enemy to make.

"If Steve believes Tracy over Becky, it could signal the end of their marriage."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3513344/Corrie-killer-Tracy-Barlow-accused-of-poisoning-daughter-in-new-plot.html

Sounds interesting.

I am assuming Sheen is actually spelt Xian. I wonder will they do another Corrie one off DVD, showing what happens when Xian, Sian, and Shawn find themselves together in Shanghai. That would be a bestseller I am sure.

I have to say I F**king hate the graeme/tina/Xian story line, and I hate it even more that Norris is involved. It really is so ridiculous. As if any man would leave Tina ;).

And I f**king hate the kylie/david situation too.

Tbh, I am beginning to dislike corrie. I have been watching it for 27 years, and it has had dry spells before, but nothing like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

+1

This is the first time in over ten years of watching corrie that i amnt at all bothered if I miss an episode. (Say if I miss friday's cos I was out and miss the omnibus)

Nothing happens, and if anything does, I couldnt really care.

The show is doing nothing to hold interest.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Nothing happens, and if anything does, I couldnt really care.

Actually I think the problem is more that something is happening all the time. The characters are lurching from one life-changing moment to the next every episode. Yet nothing has any real consequences, the slate is wiped clean almost instantly and then it's on to the next crazy adventure.

Even the huge, street will never be the same again, tram crash has had zero long term impact. Molly died but she was leaving anyway, Ashley died but he was leaving anyway, Charlotte died and who really cared - nobody but John knew her and some random punter in a car died. The Kabin has been rebuilt, the corner shop has been rebuilt, Nick's bar is up and running, Peter is back on his feet and sober, and Lister and the stripper will move into the Peacocks any week now. There was a massive explosion and then a tram took out both sides of the street, yet 4 months on and it might never have happened.

Lister and the Stripper. Great title for a spin-off. Love it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »
    I have to say I F**king hate the graeme/tina/Xian story line, and I hate it even more that Norris is involved. It really is so ridiculous. As if any man would leave Tina ;).

It was completely out of character for Norris not to say anything at the wedding about Xin particularly given how much he loathes Graeme. Normally he wouldn't know who to tell first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It was completely out of character for Norris not to say anything at the wedding about Xin particularly given how much he loathes Graeme. Normally he wouldn't know who to tell first.

Ehh, I wouldn't have really said so.

He's narky and petty but at the end of the day he's not the worst of them.

That I think is part of the problem, its characters behaving out of character.

Off the top of my head:
    Eileen stealing from Eoin, was completely out of character for Eileen.
    Liz taking Jim back yet again seems also out of character, considering their history.

Jim(ex-Para) gets beaten up by some of Eoins mates and leaves the street with his tail between his legs. Thats not like Jim. Not unless he returned with a half dozen other ex-paras to go to work on Eoin and his mates. He doesnt, instead, he turns up with no money and a plan to buy the rover's :confused:.

Dont get me started on Steve leaving Michelle`One of the best looking women in the world` Connor, and taking up with Becky`I am bad news` Granger.

In more recent times, Gail giving Kylie money which she spends incorrectly, so she gives her more money which she misspends. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Norris not blurting to all and sundry what he knows about Xin and Graeme, is not like him either. Maria acting like a bitch to the machinists isn't her either. Though I accept she is in an untenable position.

Theres loads other cases as well.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Dont get me started on Steve leaving Michelle`One of the best looking women in the world` Connor, and taking up with Becky`I am bad news` Granger.

That's another thing that's pissing me off lately. Steve and Becky whining about how Becky is the only mother Amy's ever known. Um no, Michelle was bringing her up for as long as Becky and Steve just moved Michelle out and Becky in instantaneously. Then continued to have Michelle work in the bar which would have confused the hell out of any kid in that situation. Becky goes on a shítfaced rampage at least monthly and when she first moved in the cops were after her and raided the place several times. Amy is no worse off with Tracey than she was with Becky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement