Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street busybody Norris Cole is to be held captive by admirer Mary Taylor in a dramatic new storyline, it has been revealed.

The plot begins when the newsagent, played by actor Malcolm Hebden, agrees to go on holiday with Mary to a remote cottage near Haworth where the Brontë sisters wrote their novels.

It is believed that crazed Mary (Patti Clare) subsequently sabotages the car and the cottage's phone before turning violent to Norris's horror.

Weatherfield producers are thought to have drawn inspiration from Stephen King's 1988 novel Misery when devising the storyline. The book tells the story of a novelist who is kidnapped by unstable fan Annie Wilkes and subsequently held in a remote location.

Speaking of the plot, a Corrie source told The Mirror: "Mary convinces herself they are reincarnations of Heathcliffe and Cathy and keeps trying to share his bed.

"Norris escapes to a phone box. When Mary arrives he tries to run and hide but falls and sprains his ankle. Mary refuses to take him to hospital and returns him to the cottage telling him, 'The more helpless you are the stronger I get'."

The newspaper reports that Norris later decides to barricade himself in the cottage when he spots Mary in the yard with an axe.

The insider added: "At first viewers will be amused by Norris's plight. But they'll soon realise that Mary is seriously demented."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street busybody Norris Cole is to be held captive by admirer Mary Taylor in a dramatic new storyline, it has been revealed.

The plot begins when the newsagent, played by actor Malcolm Hebden, agrees to go on holiday with Mary to a remote cottage near Haworth where the Brontë sisters wrote their novels.

It is believed that crazed Mary (Patti Clare) subsequently sabotages the car and the cottage's phone before turning violent to Norris's horror.

Weatherfield producers are thought to have drawn inspiration from Stephen King's 1988 novel Misery when devising the storyline. The book tells the story of a novelist who is kidnapped by unstable fan Annie Wilkes and subsequently held in a remote location.

Speaking of the plot, a Corrie source told The Mirror: "Mary convinces herself they are reincarnations of Heathcliffe and Cathy and keeps trying to share his bed.

"Norris escapes to a phone box. When Mary arrives he tries to run and hide but falls and sprains his ankle. Mary refuses to take him to hospital and returns him to the cottage telling him, 'The more helpless you are the stronger I get'."

The newspaper reports that Norris later decides to barricade himself in the cottage when he spots Mary in the yard with an axe.

The insider added: "At first viewers will be amused by Norris's plight. But they'll soon realise that Mary is seriously demented."

Lets hope that the last bit of the above comment does not mean the end of Mary to the show as both Mary and Norris are good together. Maybe her mental health problems might only pull them together even more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

The Norris and Mary 'Misery' plot is a bit ridiculous!
    They need a to kill off Mary and Dev!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sounds like a bit of a "Misery" rip off!

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the effortless way in which David 'borrowed' a boat and expertly navigated it to salvage Joe's boat. The tricks you learn on the back streets of Manchester !
    He wasn't, however, sharp enough to figure out how to hitch it to the back of the car, until a kindly policeman put him right.

On another topic, Deirdre keeps mentioning her mother's escapades in Portugal - it seems that a storyline to kill off Blanche is being concocted.
    This serves no purpose - we all know the actress has passed away. Why go through the motions just to 'tidy up' the loose ends ?

Balanch will die off soon obviosly and
    Loving granddaughter Tracy shows up at the funeral - and she's back for good. It will be interesting to see how they've come up with a believable tale to eplain her release from prison!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Lets hope that the last bit of the above comment does not mean the end of Mary to the show as both Mary and Norris are good together.

I'd agree with that, I love when Mary has a scene. The whole keeping him captive idea sounds far fetched. I prefer when she's trying to seduce him in that camper van.

Ideally they should get married, sell the Kabin and take over the Rovers. I'm sick of Liz and Steve running that place.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'd agree with that, I love when Mary has a scene. The whole keeping him captive idea sounds far fetched. I prefer when she's trying to seduce him in that camper van.

Ideally they should get married, sell the Kabin and take over the Rovers. I'm sick of Liz and Steve running that place.

I doubt there would be much drinking there if Norris was in charge. T'would be like when Jack and Vera ran it, a bit far fetched. At least with Liz it looks believeable that she knows how to run the place.

How come we never see Norris give out a pension on the street. How many pensioners is there. Emily, Ken, Rita, Betty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Holy crap!!!!

Joe's body!!! :eek:

Which suddenly started floating for some reason :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Which suddenly started floating for some reason :confused:

Thats very common in drownings. The tissue starts to decompose and there is a build up of gasses in the body, which causes it to float.

I have to say I find this Gail and Joe thing very tiresome. Why didnt gail stick to the plan and report him missing???

syklops wrote: »
    I have to say I find this Gail and Joe thing very tiresome. Why didnt gail stick to the plan and report him missing???

I have to say I disagree. The last 2 weeks is the first time Corrie has been good in about 5 years - Except maybe for a couple of episodes thgere when Tony Gordon went a bit fruity on Roy Cropper!!

Gail didn't stick to the plan because she never agreed with the plan in the first place. Reporting Joe missing, and then him being tracked down by Police could result in him being locked up for insurance fraud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Marys Norries number one fan :D I love Mary, shes nutz!

Hate treacy barlow though, see no point to bringing her back :rolleyes:
    As for dev, sunita and the 2 oul biches,...........so unbeleiveable:rolleyes:

Delighted Eileen finally ditched that eejit bf, braindead and state of the cheap watch he got her. Id say he`l end up with Julie, not a brain between the two of em:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

At this rate Weatherfield prison will be able to put on their own "Coronation St. Christmas special." panto......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is reported that 'Coronation Street' bosses want soap legend Jean Alexander to reprise her role as Hilda Ogden for the show's 50th anniversary live episodes.

The Sunday People reports that 83-year-old Alexander was last seen on the show in 1987 and is one of a number of stars linked with a possible return to Weatherfield in December.

Other names mentioned include Mavis Wilton (Thelma Barlow), Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts) and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford).

Coronation Street' producer Kim Crowther said: "There may well be some exciting returning cast. It would be fab to see Tracy Barlow back, wouldn't it? Noel Gallagher would be great as well. There are also plans for some new faces in the factory.

"We are planning lots. It will be must-see television. I'd love to see Hilda back."

A source told People: "'EastEnders' [25th anniversary live episode] was brilliant but 'Corrie' is twice as old and is planning to be twice as jaw-dropping, like nothing seen before.

"'Corrie' is cooking up ways to really blow fans' minds. The fact they want Hilda back, shows they want it to be the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Had to laugh at Gail's face there when the police said
    they found Joe's body
    :D She looked like a podling from The Dark Crystal (1982)! :D

2680342845_46309532a8.jpg

Alicat wrote: »
    Had to laugh at Gail's face there when the police said
    they found Joe's body
    :D She looked like a podling from The Dark Crystal (1982)! :D

2680342845_46309532a8.jpg

Her whole attitude to the police wasn't at all realistic was it

It is reported that 'Coronation Street' bosses want soap legend Jean Alexander to reprise her role as Hilda Ogden for the show's 50th anniversary live episodes.

Other names mentioned include Mavis Wilton (Thelma Barlow), Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts) and Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford).

All very well bringing these characters back. If they want to honour Coronations Streets 50 year history though they should try and bring back for a guest episode one or two of those who were in the first few episodes in 1960 to join Ken Barlow. There could still be one or two who might still be alive today. Esther Hayes, Concepta Riley or Ivan Cheveski maybe.

Jackie back screeching and Sunitas aunts staying. feck sake :(

If it wasnt for Norris and Mary would be all gloom.

Is that Jackie Tyrones Mother?

I hate her!

I dont mind Sunitas aunts that much. Its a bit like the Kumars at number 42.

I hate her!

Yep thats her. I'm hoping it's a short visit

But the longer they stay the longer we are subjected to the nonsense of Dev and Sunita

Yep thats her. I'm hoping it's a short visit

But the longer they stay the longer we are subjected to the nonsense of Dev and Sunita

Im hoping they sleep together and Sunaita realises she has made a mistake, and leaves. Them getting back together is ridiculous!

• Advertisement

The Sunday People reports that 83-year-old Alexander was last seen on the show in 1987 and is one of a number of stars linked with a possible return to Weatherfield in December.

Coronation Street' producer Kim Crowther said: "There may well be some exciting returning cast. It would be fab to see Tracy Barlow back, wouldn't it? Noel Gallagher would be great as well. There are also plans for some new faces in the factory.

"We are planning lots. It will be must-see television. I'd love to see Hilda back."

A source told People: "'EastEnders' [25th anniversary live episode] was brilliant but 'Corrie' is twice as old and is planning to be twice as jaw-dropping, like nothing seen before.

"'Corrie' is cooking up ways to really blow fans' minds. The fact they want Hilda back, shows they want it to be the stuff

Would love to see Eddie Yeats return.

All very well bringing these characters back. If they want to honour Coronations Streets 50 year history though they should try and bring back for a guest episode one or two of those who were in the first few episodes in 1960 to join Ken Barlow. There could still be one or two who might still be alive today. Esther Hayes, Concepta Riley or Ivan Cheveski maybe.

Were there Characters killed off. If they were they cant really come back unless we have another Dallas and we all know what happened there when they done it.

I hate her!

Where is Devs uncle gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Back to India on a one way ticket, thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I hate Jackie:mad:

as for Sunitas nosey aunts.....F off!!

Theres not a whole lot going on now, well yea another one of gails hubbys is dead but thats about it:rolleyes:
    Janice and the binman lookin at each other now is getting a bit annoying.

Thank god for Mary........ shes so nutz its great:D

Would love to see Eddie Yeats return.

Didnt Trevor say the other night his boss was a Mr. Yates. Eddie was a binman iirc. Could be a possibility of a brief return moreso if Hilda was coming back as well
    Were there Characters killed off. If they were they cant really come back unless we have another Dallas and we all know what happened there when they done it.

None of the three characters I mentioned have been killed off from the programme. I've seen rumours elsewhere of an Elsie Tanner screen funeral; that'd be the ideal opportunity to have Ivan Cheveski return; to support his ex wife.

He scarpered back to India after the doorbell fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

aww christ. I hope he enver comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Didnt Trevor say the other night his boss was a Mr. Yates. Eddie was a binman iirc. Could be a possibility of a brief return moreso if Hilda was coming back as well

Good call - I bet you'll be proven right. Wasn't this Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He certainly was and a fairly similar - vest, lager can - character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

He was also Twiggy in The Royle Family and has been in a few episodes of Heartbeat too. I would love to see him back in Coronation St.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement