Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iguana wrote: »
    That's another thing that's pissing me off lately. Steve and Becky whining about how Becky is the only mother Amy's ever known. Um no, Michelle was bringing her up for as long as Becky and Steve just moved Michelle out and Becky in instantaneously. Then continued to have Michelle work in the bar which would have confused the hell out of any kid in that situation. Becky goes on a shítfaced rampage at least monthly and when she first moved in the cops were after her and raided the place several times. Amy is no worse off with Tracey than she was with Becky.

Can anyone tell me when steve started smoking? That I am sure is a recent development that was not mentioned in the story line. He just took it up. He definitely was not smoking when he was with Michelle. There is no explanation I can see, other than it would make kissing becky more pleasurable if his mouth already tastes like an ash tray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

syklops wrote: »
    Michelle`One of the best looking women in the world` Connor, .

While I totally agree with much of the rest of your post, this part confounds me.

Wouldnt even consider her "friday night in coppers good looking" tbh

She wouldnt even be in the better lookin corrie burds list

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oh yeah, I walked past Craig Gazey yesterday on Bachelor's Walk. He was walking toward me and I was thinking; gosh that guy looks like Graeme from Corrie. Then I walked past him and heard his pretty distinctive voice and I was all: gosh that guy is Graeme from Corrie!:eek:

Max Power1 wrote: »
    She wouldnt even be in the better lookin corrie burds list
    :eek:

Fair play, we are all different. I just think she has everything. Personality, a twinkle in her eye. I love the contrast of the colour of her hair and her skin.

Who do you think is the best looking woman on Corrie? Maria? Carla? I dont like kylie, but she looked great in her wedding, ahem, outfit.

Right so, I will leave you with this:

Kym_Marsh_0006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Faye reminds me of Dotty from Eastenders another little annoying evil brat

So whats the betting Kylie and Nick will hook up at some stage :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This must be the Liz dream sequence...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jim the Nuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I don't like Kylie but the way she keeps huggin' Gail and calling her mum makes me laugh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Jim is going going to...........

:eek: Jim is going going to...........
    I thought he was going to too but they couldn't show that before 9 o clock :D i thought it got good towards the end Jim and Liz have good chemistry on screen even if only on the phone to each other :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Had to laugh when the girl behind the counter at the bank asked if fiver's and tenner s would do:D.That Faye is going to be a right little trouble maker, deny everything to everyone and codding them all:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Liz - "There must have been some sort of hold-up"

This I like.

Steve to the solicitor "just waiting for my dad to come back from the bank" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm really hating corrie at the minute...
    Why would Carla leave Maria in charge when she's been working there for a month, the factory is about to go bust and Frank's order is make or break?

Why would Gail think 1000 pounds is compensation enough for Kylie when all she has to do is marry David to get half of the salon?

One minute Dev is coming into the pub everyday but ignoring Steve and Becky, next he hasn't been in for 2 weeks.

I agree with the point made previously, everyone is acting so out of character. One minute Tina is raging that Graeme is with Tina, the next she's telling Graeme to suck it up.
    One minute Graeme is in the cafe saying he feels like he's cheating on Tina, next he's completely ignoring her in the flat.

It's honestly like they have 20 different writers, a new writer for each episode but they've only gotten rough guidelines about the characters.

Corrie has the potential to be one of the best soaps out there, it has a cast of brilliant actors and actresses as proved by the live episode, they just need to cut some of the dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Much as I detest Kylie I do enjoy her hugging miserable old bat Gail. In all honesty, she should let David realise his own mistakes instead of all these shenanigans. What did she think would happen? Handing over the money to the greedy little witch? What was stopping her taking the dosh and staying????...as for Audrey(stupid woman:mad:, what was she at- signing over her business?..She deserves to lose the lot after such an act of blatant stupidity...Chances are Kylie will try to poison her now anyway or maybe try that 'Audrey you've gone a bit mental' trick Richard Hillman used).

You know what irritated me tonight to the point that I was scarcely able to absorb the storylines??Nick must've said 'That was my £1000' about 18 fcukin' times.. the miserable weasel faced tit.:rolleyes:

Can you believe the halfwittedness of Jim marching into the bank without a mask of any kind??? Just a silly hat. Fcuk sake, could he not find a pair of Liz's fishnets?? (if he had done, he'd have picked up a pair of crotchless ones and sure as shootin' his big gormless face would end up peering through the hole:rolleyes:. And the northern twang... surely he could've attempted to disguise it. And while i'm on the subject, why does he insist on calling everyone by their full names -Steve/Steven. Becky/Rebecca. Liz/Elizabeth.

How come Frank wasn't giving Maria any more time to finish the order...yet when Carla appeared back, he was willing to wait another day. Maria should just tell Carla to fcuk off and go off and get a job in the bookies or somewhere.

Check out Roy's mother...anyone else remember her as the doctor in Tenko?

If Kevin ends up in a wheelchair after this forthcoming accident, I'll scream..Can you imagine his potential mood swings???? Feck sake, he's incredibly grumpy at the best of times. He'll make Peter at his lowest seem like Santy:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Ann22 wrote: »
    Much as I detest Kylie I do enjoy her hugging miserable old bat Gail. In all honesty, she should let David realise his own mistakes instead of all these shenanigans. What did she think would happen? Handing over the money to the greedy little witch? What was stopping her taking the dosh and staying????...as for Audrey(stupid woman:mad:, what was she at- signing over her business?..She deserves to lose the lot after such an act of blatant stupidity...Chances are Kylie will try to poison her now anyway or maybe try that 'Audrey you've gone a bit mental' trick Richard Hillman used).

You know what irritated me tonight to the point that I was scarcely able to absorb the storylines??Nick must've said 'That was my £1000' about 18 fcukin' times.. the miserable weasel faced tit.:rolleyes:

Can you believe the halfwittedness of Jim marching into the bank without a mask of any kind??? Just a silly hat. Fcuk sake, could he not find a pair of Liz's fishnets?? (if he had done, he'd have picked up a pair of crotchless ones and sure as shootin' his big gormless face would end up peering through the hole:rolleyes:. And the northern twang... surely he could've attempted to disguise it. And while i'm on the subject, why does he insist on calling everyone by their full names -Steve/Steven. Becky/Rebecca. Liz/Elizabeth.

How come Frank wasn't giving Maria any more time to finish the order...yet when Carla appeared back, he was willing to wait another day. Maria should just tell Carla to fcuk off and go off and get a job in the bookies or somewhere.

Check out Roy's mother...anyone else remember her as the doctor in Tenko?

If Kevin ends up in a wheelchair after this forthcoming accident, I'll scream..Can you imagine his potential mood swings???? Feck sake, he's incredibly grumpy at the best of times. He'll make Peter at his lowest seem like Santy:(.

Ann22-you should be on the telly yourself-I always look forward to reading your posts-this one in particular was a scream. I'd much rather read your stuff than watch the real thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

I was literally crying with laughter watching Jim's bank raid. 'What do you think this is? This Is Your LIfe? You're no Eamon Andrews sonny Jim, you get my meaning?'

Eh, no, not really Seamus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

:eek:

Fair play, we are all different. I just think she has everything. Personality, a twinkle in her eye. I love the contrast of the colour of her hair and her skin.

Who do you think is the best looking woman on Corrie? Maria? Carla? I dont like kylie, but she looked great in her wedding, ahem, outfit.

Right so, I will leave you with this:

Kym_Marsh_0006.jpg

Carla, without a shadow of a doubt. Always liked her from her time in "dream team"

Could Maria be anymore bloody annoying :mad: I hate to see what she would be like if she had been raped

optogirl wrote: »
    I was literally crying with laughter watching Jim's bank raid. 'What do you think this is? This Is Your LIfe? You're no Eamon Andrews sonny Jim, you get my meaning?'

Eh, no, not really Seamus.

That was the worst storyline in a long time, and yet again they have destroyed a regular and entertaining character. He is going to be in prison now for how long? Years. Where as instead they could have him turn up now and again and offer some light entertainment.

Also, when did Liz fall madly in love with him? Because the last time he was on the street Liz just tolerated him, now she is telling him how much she loves him and he is the only man for her etc etc. When did that happen?

I am going to write to Granada and complain because things are getting ridiculous.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could Maria be anymore bloody annoying :mad: I hate to see what she would be like if she had been raped

To be honest, I got very annoyed with Carla last night(Im about a day behind). She took Maria on as her PA, but then she pimps her out, sending her for private meetings with Frank. Then she disappears leaving Maria running the show for a few days, at the end of a big order. The big order I should say. She knows Maria has no management experience, she knows Maria asked not to have any dealings with Frank after he tried to rape her, she knows if this order goes pear shaped, the company is finished, and she still leave Maria on her own to deal with it. She also knows she should have gone to the police with Maria and made a complaint. Not cover up Franks behaviour.

If I was Maria, after their little exchange, when Carla said "If you cant play in the big game you might as well leave, now get back on the floor"(or along those lines), I would have said 'Just a second, I need to print something off. tap tap tap 'I hereby tender my resignation as PA/Junior Manager/whore. Yours sincerely, Maria', click print and then toss it onto Carla's desk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Also, when did Liz fall madly in love with him? Because the last time he was on the street Liz just tolerated him, now she is telling him how much she loves him and he is the only man for her etc etc. When did that happen?

I think Liz will love any man that she thinks can provide her with what she wants.

Liz has always loved Jim but as they say there's a thin line between love and hate. There relationship has been on and off since they first split. She doesn't want to love Jim and when she's fighting it she hates him for how he makes her feel and for how he can't be what she wants. Take how she wanted nothing to do with him before she married Vernon, only to fall into his arms with a bit of sweet talk on her wedding day. And then when he punched Vernon, who she no longer wanted to marry, she went ahead an married him entirely because he was so unlike Jim.

There has been a LOT of out of character and just ridiculous stories lately, but Liz loving Jim is completely in character for her.

There has been a LOT of out of character and just ridiculous stories lately, but Liz loving Jim is completely in character for her.

I agree and it was driving me mad when they wouldn't let Liz talk to Jim on the phone when he was in the bank asking to speak to her, even when Steve pointed out the only person that could talk him out of doing something stupid was Liz they wouldn't let her talk to him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

New photographs from the Coronation Street set appear to confirm that John Stape could kill himself at the dramatic conclusion of his current storyline.

In recent weeks, it has been claimed that John, played by Graeme Hawley, will be driven to desperate measures after fearing that the body of Colin Fishwick will be discovered underneath the Underworld factory.

Photographs obtained by the Daily Mail appear to confirm the shock plot twist, with John and wife Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine) pictured on top of a roof with baby daughter Hope.

It is thought that John will conceal himself in the attic of their Weatherfield home, before being caught by wife Fiz, resulting in a chase which sees the unlucky mother knocked down and admitted to hospital.

In the new images, Fiz is seen to be wearing a dressing gown with a bandage on her head, while John is sporting a white doctor's coat.

As Fiz coaxes her troubled husband into handing over their daughter, she cries out as John jumps or falls from the roof of the hospital, before Chesney and a number of police officers run to hold a distressed Fiz back from the edge as she clings onto her daughter.

The dramatic climax marks the end of a shocking year for John after he stole the identity of co-worker Colin, disposed of his body in the Underworld factory when he died during an argument, attack and kill Charlotte Hoyle with a hammer when she threatened to expose his secret, and accidentally kill Colin's mother Joy Fishwick as he tried to apologise for her son's death.

Hawley revealed earlier this year that he would like John to strike again, in order to claim the record for killings on the street.

Coronation Street's Becky McDonald will face another devastating setback as Max is taken into care in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

According to the Daily Star, social services will arrive at the Rovers Return and take the youngster away after hearing the shocking truth about why he is living with the McDonalds.

Becky bought Max from half-sister Kylie last year after deciding that she and husband Steve could be better parents to him.

However, sources say that the plot will take a new twist in weeks to come as Kylie's new husband David Platt starts to become increasingly uneasy about the unusual arrangement she has with Becky and Steve.

When David finally discovers that the couple made a financial deal for the child, he reportedly decides to use the knowledge against them - leading to social services being tipped off over their actions.

Jack P. Shepherd, who plays David, recently told DS that he is pleased his character is starting to share more screen time with the McDonalds.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a314528/corries-becky-to-face-fresh-heartbreak.html

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

fifilarue wrote: »
    Ann22-you should be on the telly yourself-I always look forward to reading your posts-this one in particular was a scream. I'd much rather read your stuff than watch the real thing! :D

I was actually going to write exactly the same thing.
    I was browsing through this thread - thinking it was too long to read the whole thing, and then I saw a post by Ann22 and had to stop to read it.
    Ann 22 - I LOVE your posts. You're a gas woman!

As for Corrie, I'm so sick of it. The Graeme/Xian story just finished me off - so far-fetched. This "friend" of Tina, who we never heard of or saw in the 2/3 years Tina's been on the street, turns up, and Tina persuades her boyfriend to marry her. Seriously, the production team must think we're all a pack of right eejits. I have more or less stopped watching it for the first time in about 20 years!
    Rant over - thank you!!

I nearly wanted to punch the telly when Tina asked Xian how long it would be 'til she could get her visa and Xian said a month to 6 weeks. It's more like 4-6 years and that information is immediately available to anyone who wants to know it. So either Xian is scamming them (for half of Graeme's rickshaw:confused:) or we now know exactly why no hospital is willing to employ her.

I am also finding Eddie's sudden about face with regard to Faye incredibly annoying. Eddie might be lazy and tactless but he's not cruel and selfish. He wouldn't suddenly be arguing with Anna about getting rid of a messed up young child because she is stealing presents for Anna, in what is a clear bid to be loved.:rolleyes:

I nearly wanted to punch the telly when Tina asked Xian how long it would be 'til she could get her visa and Xian said a month to 6 weeks. It's more like 4-6 years and that information is immediately available to anyone who wants to know it. So either Xian is scamming them (for half of Graeme's rickshaw:confused:) or we now know exactly why no hospital is willing to employ her.

I am also finding Eddie's sudden about face with regard to Faye incredibly annoying. Eddie might be lazy and tactless but he's not cruel and selfish. He wouldn't suddenly be arguing with Anna about getting rid of a messed up young child because she is stealing presents for Anna, in what is a clear bid to be loved.:rolleyes:

So basically another character acting out of character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Well Eddie Windass used to beat Gary Windass up when he was a wee boy and Faye is spreading stories that he's beating his wife (Mrs Windass) up but you're right - as if he wouldn't have had any expectation that things wouldn't go perfectly smoothly. Their name is Windass. It makes me happy.

As for Xian - what a friend! Didn't come anywhere near Tina when her Da died. I think Graham is going out of it - pity, he's really good. They should have put him working in the shop with Norris - comedy gold. (As opposed to comedy poo when they brought DEV's (must get capital letters in order to mimic his woeful delivery of lines) uncle in in a bid for some comic relief. Utterly sh*te.

I'm kind of enjoying the Kylie/David story - always a laugh to see ET scowling and whimpering (Gail). She should just do what we all know she wants to do - marry Nick and be done with it.
    No doubt Kylie will be the owner of that salon before the year is out. Delighted to see roy's mother come into it - the more Royston the better - I think he's a brilliant actor and this could make for some good storylines for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement