Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Doesn't Eddie want to leave the show ? And doesn't Stape want to leave the show after beating the Corrie murder record ? The writers have to deal with all this, hence the convoluted story lines. The actors are running the show, and getting paid far too much - so many Caribbean tans to be seen in mid-winter (David, Tina, Tracey, Becky, etc).
    Ann22 has a pretty good grasp of it - I just read her posts and skim through the show on Sky+ at the moment, just in case Stephanie Beacham comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Eddie doesnt want to leave the show!

He said in a recent interview he was shocked he was leaving and he hoped to be able to return one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I cant really understand all these people wanting to leave the show. The last time Eddie(or his actor) was on screen was about 10 years ago on the Full Monty. Its not like he was turning down offers left right and centre.

As you say, some of them are paid too much. I know for a fact the woman who plays Deirdre gets the bus to and from Granada so is maybe still reasonably down to earth, but some of them think they are gods gift to acting and can dictate story lines.

Eddie:Hey director, I was thinking of leaving the show.
    Director: but what about your contract?
    Eddie: Sod that! I am going to hollywood!
    Director: (To everyone) Ok, change of plan guys, in this next scene Eddie is going to get run over by the bus and is pronounced dead on the scene.
    Eddie:Er, I was hoping I could come back though, if it doesnt work out, like?
    Director: Tough, your dead.

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Eddie doesnt want to leave the show!

He said in a recent interview he was shocked he was leaving and he hoped to be able to return one day

I wish youd posted a few minutes earlier before I made an eejit of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Eddie is leaving in a couple of weeks after getting a job offer in Germany from his brother, Len.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Eddie is leaving in a couple of weeks after getting a job offer in Germany from his brother, Len.

Seems a bit ridiculous that he agreed to adopt and as soon as the child starts to show any signs of trouble, he wants to send her back? Corrie has gone to the dogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

lizt wrote: »
    Seems a bit ridiculous that he agreed to adopt and as soon as the child starts to show any signs of trouble, he wants to send her back? Corrie has gone to the dogs!

Absolutely ridiculous.

It would have been realistic if it happened over a time span of a few months, where you could see his relationship with Anna becoming more distant with the stress and regret of adopting a child.

It could have been a very good and emotional storyline, but they've screwed it up by rushing it over the course of a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They have just let Liz and Jim leave together instead of sending him to jail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The absolute cheek of Tracy tonight telling Becky that Jim's made a show of Amy at school by robbing the bank ffs! What about her beating someone to death with a hammer or whatever the fuk it was:mad:, she didn't give our Ames a second thought then.

What was the story about the description of tonight's episode on Sky?..."Frank emerges from the shadows frightening Maria" (or words to that effect):rolleyes:..fuk sake - the street was lit up like a Christmas tree and he was only passing by on his way home from the pub. What was he going to do? Have his evil wicked way with her there on all them bumpy cobbles?

Anyone else getting bored with Kevin pestering Sally? He's an unbelievable nuisance, everytime she walks out the door he's standing there in his shabby jacket...and where does the child be all the time he's traipsing about the place after her, morning, noon and night.

Oh..and even Norris mentioned Jim wearing a stocking over his head. I'd love if someone had said, "Norris, he didn't even have a fukin' mask on, the stupid bastard! Would you credit it???"

I rather liked the image of the crotchless panties with his face poking through.

Off topic, there was a young lad robbing a bank a while ago, with a crash helmet making an excellent disguise. The name "Kevin" was painted on it, unfortunately.

He should be sharing a cell with Jim. :D

• Advertisement

Former EastEnders actress Michelle Collins and Taggart star John Michie have joined the cast of Coronation Street.

The pair are to appear in the roles of Stella and Karl, a brand new couple who will take control at the Rovers Return in the summer.

Corrie bosses made the announcement exclusively on Facebook this morning following their recent promise to share big news with the soap's online fanbase.

Speaking of her casting, Collins commented: "I am honoured to be joining the cast of Coronation Street, the show has been part of my life since I was a child so become a part of it is extremely exciting."

Michie added: "My mum is from Rochdale, my wife is from Grimethorpe - they are both northerners and huge fans. I am from even further north so it is the only soap for me."

A new era for The Rovers will begin when Steve McDonald brings Stella into the business as bar manager after a string of rows with his wife Becky leave the pub's future in jeopardy. Steve is hoping for a quieter life with Stella in charge, but he later gets more than he bargained for when she promptly moves in Karl and her feisty daughter Eva, who has not yet been cast.

Sparks are expected to fly between Stella and Becky as she makes her mark at the pub with a warm but no-nonsense attitude. However, her personality soon starts to go down well with the punters.

In a further twist, Stella is hiding a dark secret and news of her past has been tipped to have "shocking consequences" for some of the street's most-loved residents.

Corrie's executive producer Kieran Roberts said: "I'm thrilled to be welcoming John and Michelle to the cast of Coronation Street. As Robbie Ross in Taggart, John has kept viewers on the edge of their seats for the last ten years. Karl is a very different character for him, though, and the ladies of Weatherfield need to watch themselves as this sexy charmer will quickly make his presence felt.

"Michelle's acting credentials are first class with more than a decade leading some brilliant and memorable drama series. Of course Michelle's soap credentials are superb and in the same way she made Cindy Beale one of EastEnders' most memorable bitches, I am certain she is going to be fantastic as the warm, funny, steely, flawed and larger-than-life northern matriarch Stella."

He added: "Karl and Stella's fiery marriage is sure to keep viewers hooked through 2011 and beyond."

Collins and Michie will begin filming at Coronation Street next month and appear on screens for the first time in June.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a314738/michelle-collins-joins-coronation-street.html

In a further twist, Stella is hiding a dark secret and news of her past has been tipped to have "shocking consequences" for some of the street's most-loved residents.

Murderess - check!
    Transexual - check!
    Lesbian - check!
    Serial killer - check!
    Bank Robber - check!

And i am just talking about the current characters, not even past characters, so this Stella had better have a really, really dark secret.

Tbh, I dont like them revealing that she has a dark secret. Is it not enough for them to say there will be a new landlady and let it unfurl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ann22 wrote: »

Anyone else getting bored with Kevin pestering Sally? He's an unbelievable nuisance, everytime she walks out the door he's standing there in his shabby jacket..

That bomber jacket should win a lifetime achievment award

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Former EastEnders actress Michelle Collins and Taggart star John Michie have joined the cast of Coronation Street. . . . . .

. . . .As Robbie Ross in Taggart, John has kept viewers on the edge of their seats for the last ten years.

I've been kept on the edge of my seat (ready to leave the room) by far too many of the Corrie actors in recent weeks. Don't really need another one. :mad:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I've been kept on the edge of my seat (ready to leave the room) by far too many of the Corrie actors in recent weeks. Don't really need another one. :mad:

Its not the actors thats the problem, its the writing thats the problem. Apart from Sophie and Sian's lazy diction.

You're right. And now, the lamest attempted rape in history is about to be dragged out for a few more weeks.

Anyway, bright evenings are here - perhaps I'll get out more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    Murderess - check!
    Transexual - check!
    Lesbian - check!
    Serial killer - check!
    Bank Robber - check!

And i am just talking about the current characters, not even past characters, so this Stella had better have a really, really dark secret.

She's a necrophiliac who's moved to the street to have her wicked way with the tram victims.:eek:

It's both original and less ridiculous than many of the current plots.

This makes perfect sense except I never knew a lady necrophiliac. Technically, the skill is hard to learn. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its so boring it must be true - she's either Rita's or Audrey's daughter. I'm betting Gail gets a sis - hopefully a murderous one.

Or else yes, she likes to fcuk dead people.

WOOHOO!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Katherine Kelly is to leave Coronation Street at the end of this year, ITV has announced.

The actress has decided to bow out from her role as fan favourite Becky McDonald after five years in Weatherfield.

Becky is to remain on screen until early 2012 and show bosses have promised that she will feature in dramatic storylines for the remainder of her time on the soap.

The build-up to Becky's exit begins next month when social services start investigating her 'purchase' of nephew Max from half-sister Kylie.

Believing that her arch-nemesis Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) has reported her to the authorities, Becky soon goes on another rampage - putting Tracy's life in jeopardy and risking the future of her marriage to Steve (Simon Gregson). Details of the dramatic showdown leaked yesterday but the plot has now been officially confirmed.

Further twists and turns are then expected in the coming months as the McDonalds' ongoing story heads towards an explosive exit for Becky...............
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a315056/katherine-kelly-to-leave-coronation-street.html

I know some people here like her but I've come to despise Becky in the last year. The only problem is there will be a lot of her on screen between now and then. Starting with Amy being sick, then Max being taken into care followed by.........
    The actress plays Becky McDonald in the ITV1 soap, who will drunkenly smash into Tracy Barlow's living room with a sledgehammer and threaten to kill her in an upcoming plot.

Kelly will wear back support containing "spring-like metal stays" to protect her. It has been designed to be hidden under her clothes, The People reports.

Furthermore, a stunt expert has apparently been teaching the soap star - who recently insisted that she is staying on the show - how to safely use the weapon, while a medic will be on hand during the shoot.

"The scenes are so violent that the producers are genuinely worried that Katherine might hurt herself," a source said. "Becky is drunk and she is *supposed to go *totally ballistic.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a314988/katherine-kelly-to-wear-safety-gear-on-corrie.html

Sigh.

• Advertisement

Does this mean Tracey gets with Steve :(

Does this mean Tracey gets with Steve :(

Doubt it. Though they'll probably shag for a bit.

Maybe Tracey will get pregnant again as she does seem to be the only woman in the world who can hold his super-sperm.:rolleyes:

I wonder will Karen could back

I wonder will Karen could back

I hope not. There are so many 'good' characters that they can tap into, plus so many new possibilities, plus so many good characters who are on the street at the moment but under-utilised.

I hope Stephanie Beacham comes back. I also want John to kill tracey before he tops himself.

syklops wrote: »
    I hope not. There are so many 'good' characters that they can tap into, plus so many new possibilities, plus so many good characters who are on the street at the moment but under-utilised.

I hope Stephanie Beacham comes back. I also want John to kill tracey before he tops himself.

Care to enlighten me please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

iguana wrote: »
    Doubt it. Though they'll probably shag for a bit.

Maybe Tracey will get pregnant again as she does seem to be the only woman in the world who can hold his super-sperm.:rolleyes:

:D:D:D Yeah. I'd hate to see her back with him tho', her with her ridiculously large cartoonlike grin...The nerve of her calling Maria a 'Shrek' lookalike:eek:. Becky wears me but I still couldn't bear to satisfy that Tracy one.

Not so much cartoon grin as Hammer House of Horrors - notes the two long canine teeth at the top. So if Stape is setting out to murder her, he'd better take a hammer and wooden stake with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Not so much cartoon grin as Hammer House of Horrors - notes the two long canine teeth at the top. So if Stape is setting out to murder her, he'd better take a hammer and wooden stake with him.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

At last, a chink of light with the arrival of Stephanie. Not Beacham (sigh) but Cole, playing Roy's mother. Some of her lines last night were worthy of Blanche herself, especially her dismissive comment about Sean.
    I hope this fine actress will stay around for a while, and that others (Rosie, Tracey perhaps) will pick up a few hints.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Yeah. I'd hate to see her back with him tho', her with her ridiculously large cartoonlike grin...The nerve of her calling Maria a 'Shrek' lookalike:eek:. Becky wears me but I still couldn't bear to satisfy that Tracy one.

Who called Maria a shrek lookalike?

I dont like the character of Maria but to be fair Samia is stunning looking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement