Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Julie wanted to meet Todd but Eileen told her in the pub the other day that she was nervous about meeting Todds fella and she didn't want her to come around. I felt sorry for Julie as she said ah well another Easter on my own and Eileen didn't flinch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Now, not only do we have a Colin Fishwick impersonator, we have a Mr Hoyle impersonator.
    No wonder no-one knows what is going on.

And has anyone noticed the look of adoration in David's eyes, whenever Kylie performs some alcohol-related obscenity (which is often).

And why has Steve started talking like Sean ? Is he feigning gaiety to throw off the dreaded Tracey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

How did Xin get a call from the hospital offering her a job interview??? Surely the administrative staff who would be dealing with those sorts of things would have been off on Easter Monday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Eddie leaves

A sad day. Yet another truly brilliant character rides into the sunset only to be replaced with god knows what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle Collins's opening storyline on Coronation Street has reportedly been revealed.

According to the Daily Star, the former EastEnders actress's new fiery alter ego Stella will lock horns with superbitch Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) when she arrives at the Rovers Return in June.

Dressed provocatively, Tracy is shot down by Stella, who tells her: "I'm sorry, Tracy, but you'll have to change that dress before you come bar-side. We don't want customers thinking they've walked into a brothel, do we?"

Meanwhile, an insider claimed: "Tracy is spitting blood. She can't believe she's been so stupid. And to add to the insult, she's now got a new enemy in Stella."

The situation arises after Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) cons Tracy, who thinks she is taking over the pub, into signing a document giving him near full custody of their daughter Amy.

Steve is quoted as saying: "Oh, I'm really sorry for any misunderstanding but I've decided to give the job to someone else."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Now, not only do we have a Colin Fishwick impersonator, we have a Mr Hoyle impersonator.
    No wonder no-one knows what is going on.

QUOTE]

How did I not notice that???? He was your man from 'American Werewolf in London' ffs! My memory bank must be tiny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michelle Collins's opening storyline on Coronation Street has reportedly been revealed.

According to the Daily Star, the former EastEnders actress's new fiery alter ego Stella will lock horns with superbitch Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) when she arrives at the Rovers Return in June.

Dressed provocatively, Tracy is shot down by Stella, who tells her: "I'm sorry, Tracy, but you'll have to change that dress before you come bar-side. We don't want customers thinking they've walked into a brothel, do we?"

Meanwhile, an insider claimed: "Tracy is spitting blood. She can't believe she's been so stupid. And to add to the insult, she's now got a new enemy in Stella."

The situation arises after Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) cons Tracy, who thinks she is taking over the pub, into signing a document giving him near full custody of their daughter Amy.

Steve is quoted as saying: "Oh, I'm really sorry for any misunderstanding but I've decided to give the job to someone else."

Sounds like a new Annie Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

But why is that bitch Kyle not arrested for allowing her son to be bought too.She is equally at fault if not more so than the McDonalds.I hope she does not get away with this scot free too.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    But why is that bitch Kyle not arrested for allowing her son to be bought too.She is equally at fault if not more so than the McDonalds.I hope she does not get away with this scot free too.

From the article:
    Being separated from Max, who she begins to believe is actually her son, triggers a meltdown for Becky which will span a nine-month storyline.

You mean we have to put up with another NINE MONTHS of this sh1t???

:eek:

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

syklops wrote: »
    From the article:

You mean we have to put up with another NINE MONTHS of this sh1t???

:eek:

:mad:

Methinks a pregnancy would be easier.

What kind of a psycho is that bloody Mary:mad:.Whats her problem?I know what the 3 of them did about the marriage sham is not right, but its none of her business.I hope she comes a cropper!:rolleyes: pardon the pun

With luck the garage might cause something to go wrong with the camper and she goes through a hedge or something:D

The best and worst of Friday's episodes -

Worst: The Border Control official, freely discussing the case in the bar of the Rovers.

Best: Mary, in the garage. "Oh yes, when you've travelled the world alone, you soon get used to servicing yourself." And once again, Tyrone's face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

i also liked when Mary shouted, i've been rear ended! it was classic corrie.

wasn't a fan of all the negative royal wedding quips they put in.. with Mary and the immigration officier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Cookie33 wrote: »
    i also liked when Mary shouted, i've been rear ended! it was classic corrie.

wasn't a fan of all the negative royal wedding quips they put in.. with Mary and the immigration officier

Why it was truth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Corrie on Friday was a disgrace, the only ref. to the royal wedding shenanigans was Graham busting a plate. A soap is meant to reflect the reality of the occasion. All that was demanded was a street party with a little argy-bargy. In reality, which Corrie is long divorced from, Rita and Emily would be half-cut wearing party hats, Graham and Xin would be drunk and indiscreet, Norris disapproving and Steve wondering where his wedding party had disappeared to.

Thats lazy scriptwriting - not blatantly anti-monarchist bull****. I object to my entertainment being poisened by that, just as much as someone writing an ep. of Fair City with everybody supporting the RIRA.

As someone who worked on a soap once, the only thing (one month in advance as a rule of thumb) that cannot be predicted is the weather for external shots.

Corrie on Friday was a disgrace, the only ref. to the royal wedding shenanigans was Graham busting a plate. A

In fairness, there was a load of royal wedding references. There was Graham getting the plate, there was the poster of the happy couple at the bar in the rovers and there was the immigration rep constantly banging on about it,

That said, I did get that the joke was, his job is to uphold the sanctity of marriage, yet he referred to his wife as the ball and chain, complained about her ringing him all the time, and his disdain for the royal couple.

Methinks a pregnancy would be easier.

Or a spell in prison for murder. Oh wait they already did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Has Amy turned into one of those puppets that only speaks to its owner , she keeps whispering to Tracey. Its ridiculous.

How annoying was that WPC in Blackpool?:rolleyes:Tracy is really getting on my wike now:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jimmyw wrote: »
    How annoying was that WPC in Blackpool?:rolleyes:Tracy is really getting on my wike now:mad:

What odds Tracey had it all set up - Car to be towed away.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Corrie on Friday was a disgrace, the only ref. to the royal wedding shenanigans was Graham busting a plate. A soap is meant to reflect the reality of the occasion. All that was demanded was a street party with a little argy-bargy.

Demanded by whom? Most English people couldn't really care less about the wedding. Have you not seen some of the vox pops on the issue? Even ones made by people going for a royalist theme, they were full of people saying they didn't give a crap. I thought Corrie's approach was an awful lot more realistic than EE's.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What odds Tracey had it all set up - Car to be towed away.
    I thought that too, what are the chances of your child going missing and your car being towed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's that time of year again folks... The 2nd annual Boards.ie Soap Awards!!!
    Get your nominations in for all your favourite soaps before May 31st...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056255455

Be sure to read the opening post carefully before nominating...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've figured out why Xian annoys me so much... she reminds me of one of those people on children's tv who's like "Wow! Wasn't that fun? When we all work together the job is so much easier... *fake laugh*"

she annoys me big time and now we have to put up with her for longer because she stupidly sprained her ankle:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

First post here love reading all your posts though.

What is with Lloyd's hair, is he growing a 'fro' I was transfixed by it tonight, not a good look for him.

Mr. Muddle wrote: »

What is with Lloyd's hair, is he growing a 'fro' I was transfixed by it tonight, not a good look for him.

I noticed that and thought was it always like that? Looks a bit strange alright

Bad continuity - it wasn't like that on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Mr. Muddle wrote: »

I know- I couldn't hear a word he said, was totally distracted by the sudden 70's hair!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement