Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Obviously he takes pictures well but he looks awful on screen. Plus he is the most unconvincing 'woman' I have ever seen. Did he not look at himself in a mirror the first time he dressed up and go "Jesus I look like a fuppin eejit"?

I know a guy who dresses up, but what he and his mates do is go away for the weekend, out of town so no(or less) chance of being recognised by people they know. But this genius wanders into the same places that Awd and Clawd go to. Is he trying to get caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That little bitch Faye, she just had to blab to Owen.She just could not let it be.She is just jealous of all the attention that Katy is getting from Anna.Has to be the centre of attention:rolleyes:.Anna should threaten to send her back to the adoption agency when she finds out:(.That Tommy really deserves a smack in the mouth, getting on my nerves now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

jimmyw wrote: »
    That little bitch Faye, she just had to blab to Owen.She just could not let it be.She is just jealous of all the attention that Katy is getting from Anna.Has to be the centre of attention:rolleyes:.Anna should threaten to send her back to the adoption agency when she finds out:(.That Tommy really deserves a smack in the mouth, getting on my nerves now:mad:

I know! Faye really gets on my nerves, she was so sweet at the start and now when she doesn't get any attention - she turns out to be evil! I wonder why corrie portrays kids in this way. There's bound to be one good ones?

Cookie33 wrote: »
    I know! Faye really gets on my nerves, she was so sweet at the start and now when she doesn't get any attention - she turns out to be evil! I wonder why corrie portrays kids in this way. There's bound to be one good ones?

They do this every single time with foster kids. The start off nice, and then they develop some sort of complex, or they do something to remind the viewer that they have had a rough childhood, and then they either survive or they dont.

When Fizz first arrived she told a load of lies about Roy and Hayley abusing her or some such, and then she admitted it was all lies.

There are alot of kids out there that have really rough childhoods, and turn out just fine. Its about time corrie got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Ann22 wrote: »
    Mark's a really weird looking individual...he has a big bony face..I know this is a flattering photo but I can't find one that shows what I mean.

He has a face shape like this chap:)

I absolutely know what your saying - he is one step away from being a skeleton - it must be the new thing in corrie - nick is the same with a touch of jaundice about him.
    I was only thinking about this the other night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I've noticed for some time that there are no obese characters in Corrie. This is not natural for such a fish-and-chip consuming setting as Weatherfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

whatever happened to the kebab shop is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's twenty five to nine at there's an ad break already! WTF? :mad:

casio4 wrote: »
    whatever happened to the kebab shop is it still there?

Thought Dev owned it now. Haven't seen it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

optogirl wrote: »
    When Daddy Charlotte said 'soundproofed' ....

As for Fiz of the 'permanently rooting in a handbag' fame - there is only so much more I can take of her wide-eyed 'Jo-ohn, is everything alright? D'ye know, I don't know what I'd do without you. 'oooope really loves you.'

I'm only watching tonight's episodes now. I have to say - when I watched Thursday night's earlier on. I had to laugh when I saw Fizz's first scene...she was rooting in her bag:D:D:D. She really is such a bag rooter:D.

Seriously.....how annoying is it, that John's told everyon that Chesney's done a runner....I hate annoying storylines:(.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Seriously.....how annoying is it, that John's told everyon that Chesney's done a runner....I hate annoying storylines:(.

What do you think Mrs Hoyle did while John overpowered and tied up her husband. Or vice versa, depending on who he tied up first. Did they just stand there waiting for their turn? Try to run away, yet, despite being generally mobile, fail to make it up the stairs while John overpowered a different quite mobile person and tied them up. And how did John overpower the younger, fitter Chesney and manage to tie him up?

It's such an unrealistic chain of events that the producers clearly decided to not bother filming it and just leave it up to our imaginations. Wouldn't it have made more sense to see John shove Chesney down the stairs and tie him up while hurt? And to have seen a bit more evidence of what would have been a major struggle with the Hoyles than a little tear on his "good" shirt.

iguana wrote: »
    What do you think Mrs Hoyle did while John overpowered and tied up her husband. Or vice versa, depending on who he tied up first. Did they just stand there waiting for their turn? Try to run away, yet, despite being generally mobile, fail to make it up the stairs while John overpowered a different quite mobile person and tied them up. And how did John overpower the younger, fitter Chesney and manage to tie him up?

It's such an unrealistic chain of events that the producers clearly decided to not bother filming it and just leave it up to our imaginations. Wouldn't it have made more sense to see John shove Chesney down the stairs and tie him up while hurt? And to have seen a bit more evidence of what would have been a major struggle with the Hoyles than a little tear on his "good" shirt.

Yeah...I have to say, I did wonder that. They should'vd shown John with some kind of weapon, a knife at least, to explain how he overpowered the Hoyles. He could've pushed Chesney down the steps I suppose but imo they should've showed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I absolutely know what your saying - he is one step away from being a skeleton - it must be the new thing in corrie - nick is the same with a touch of jaundice about him.
    I was only thinking about this the other night :)

That new fella dating Sally kinda fits that description also with his long angular head.

But now, John reveals his weapon - a cricket bat !
    He offers the Hoyles a 'comfort break' - bit late for that, I would imagine :eek: (I have a problem going back many years about the continence of people bound and gagged, but the writers seem to have chosen to overlook this too). If the Hoyles didn't behave themselves, John would hit them with the cricket bat. Not much of a threat, they can't even beat Ireland at cricket.

Anyway, if he keeps waving the bat around like that, he's bound to get caught ! Har Har Har.

At least the actor playing Kevin has publicly declared that he doesn't like his storyline. This wizard seems to be relishing his, even keeping a body count in the hope of being the Corrie Murder Champion. Ambitions, eh ?

Oliverdog wrote: »

At least the actor playing Kevin has publicly declared that he doesn't like his storyline. This wizard seems to be relishing his, even keeping a body count in the hope of being the Corrie Murder Champion. Ambitions, eh ?

When was this?

syklops wrote: »
    When was this?

This was when his affair with Molly became the big storyline. I do believe that he threatened to quit the show over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

At least now that Kevin has his arm in a sling it means he can't put that crappy jacket on. :)

John Stape is beginning to crumble very badly now that he knows they are going to dig up the factory floor and probably discover that Colin Fishwicks head is blocking Carla's executive bog. Should be a laugh when it does happen.

I nearly cracked myself when I saw the first scene of todays programme was Fiz rumaging in her bloody handbag again, props department need to show a bit more imagination.

bijapos wrote: »
    I nearly cracked myself when I saw the first scene of todays programme was Fiz rumaging in her bloody handbag again, props department need to show a bit more imagination.

Optogirl is a genius for spotting that:D....I laughed too when I saw her rooting in the bag. I'll probably titter the next time she does it, then maybe smile to myself the time after that...but then it's going to start irritating me:(- I just know it will:(.

That scene with Jeff bursting in to declare undying love for Sally with Kevin in the background wasn't believeable. Why would he risk the humiliation of rejection with his possible love rival hovvering in the background like a warm fart?

I'm not enjoying the Graham and Xin storyline:(. Usually in situations like this where folk are hiding their true feelings and growing attraction for each other, i'm on the edge of my corner of the sofa waiting for that passionate first kiss....but I resent the blossoming feelings developing between this particular pair of tits...I can't put my finger on why:confused:...Maybe it's Xin's blatant pain in the arseness, prancing around smiling all the time, squeezing in between Graham and Tina like a big hairy insensitive gooseberry:mad:. Yeah...that's it I think.

And how is Colin Fishwick's decomposing body blocking all the drains ffs? He wasn't stuffed into a pipe for Jaysus sake. Even Denis Nilsen flushed half a dozen unfortunate individuals down his toilet before his drains blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Optogirl is a genius for spotting that:D....I laughed too when I saw her rooting in the bag. I'll probably titter the next time she does it, then maybe smile to myself the time after that...but then it's going to start irritating me:(- I just know it will:(.

That scene with Jeff bursting in to declare undying love for Sally with Kevin in the background wasn't believeable. Why would he risk the humiliation of rejection with his possible love rival hovvering in the background like a warm fart?

I'm not enjoying the Graham and Xin storyline:(. Usually in situations like this where folk are hiding their true feelings and growing attraction for each other, i'm on the edge of my corner of the sofa waiting for that passionate first kiss....but I resent the blossoming feelings developing between this particular pair of tits...I can't put my finger on why:confused:...Maybe it's Xin's blatant pain in the arseness, prancing around smiling all the time, squeezing in between Graham and Tina like a big hairy insensitive gooseberry:mad:. Yeah...that's it I think.

And how is Colin Fishwick's decomposing body blocking all the drains ffs? He wasn't stuffed into a pipe for Jaysus sake. Even Denis Nilsen flushed half a dozen unfortunate individuals down his toilet before his drains blocked.

Ann, I just love your posts!

I agree with the Graeme and Xian thing. I just feel nothing towards either of them, I don't really care what happens to them....

I actually feel that about a lot of the characters. I think with previous storylines I always felt some strong emotion to those involved. Whether it was love or hate, I always wanted to know what happened. Now I just feel a mild annoyance towards most of the characters and I don't really care what happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Urgh, the sooner Xian leaves, the better!!

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Urgh, the sooner Xian leaves, the better!!

Yeah..feck sake:mad:. She was all over him from the beginning and Tina being so kind to her to suggest lending Graham to her.. the b*tch!! Gets on my nerves she does:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

You ladies, your soooooooooooo bitchy towards other girls:p. I think she is not that bad:).

*watching out for a belt from handbags:D *

jimmyw wrote: »
    You ladies, your soooooooooooo bitchy towards other girls:p. I think she is not that bad:).

*watching out for a belt from handbags:D *

Nope I'm not being unreasonably bitchy, I don't think. She gets on my nerves. She's a feckin' nuisance- overstaying her welcome and moving in on a mate's man:mad:. 'Oh Graham...simper simper...let me hold your bucket for you...You're soooo funny Graham'. I'd strangle her with my bare hands:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Don't like that xian one at all. Give an inch take a mile. Hope she never gets another acting job lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

seanybiker wrote: »
    Don't like that xian one at all. Give an inch take a mile. Hope she never gets another acting job lol

It's like she's constantly on HAPPY PILLS!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it's on at 7pm tonight and my tv guide says it's the morning after the night before and Graeme's guilt has kicked in:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

casio4 wrote: »
    it's on at 7pm tonight and my tv guide says it's the morning after the night before and Graeme's guilt has kicked in:rolleyes:

Guilt,his gf just walked out the door and he was on her like a rabbit in heat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Is this how Graham is going to finish? :confused: What a bloody disappointment. He was a great character and they've ruined him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Alicat wrote: »
    Is this how Graham is going to finish? :confused: What a bloody disappointment. He was a great character and they've ruined him.

+1 on that!!

Hope they don't put Tina with eejit Tommy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Fiz's reaction was unbelievably naive.

Surely she'd be screaming her head off and running out the door when she saw her hubby digging up rotting cadaver in a carpet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement