Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    Well dip me in sugar and call me a doughnut, Iguana, I'd totally forgotten most of that:confused:. I'm not going to feel a bit sorry for him now when he lands on his head (assuming he leaps off a roof somewhere...popular method for doing away with folk in soapland).

I kind of hope he doesnt die. I think he should be carted off to a loony bin, or some kind of jail as a reminder to writers of how not to write a character, and a reminder to the characters to not go kidnapping divs like rosie, and honest salt of the earth types likes Chesney.

Bearing in mind that I am a day behind, did anyone else get annoyed with that ambulance girl, who tried to get Chesney to go to the hospital. He legged it out the door and she pretty much flapped her wings trying to go after him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

In the attic how creepy :( Chances of fiz going to prison all her own fault is strong.
    For such a small street,They have so many murderers i would be moving.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

caseyann wrote: »
    In the attic how creepy :( Chances of fiz going to prison all her own fault is strong.
    For such a small street,They have so many murderers i would be moving.:D

I was seriously freaked out by that! Him sitting perusing Paradise Lost!!

optogirl wrote: »

I really should stop reading this thread. I cant really ask you to spoiler your posts when the whole world has seen last nights but me. :(

The whole sense of evil in his eyes is enough to send chills down the spine.:(
    syklops wrote: »
    I really should stop reading this thread. I cant really ask you to spoiler your posts when the whole world has seen last nights but me. :(

Dont worry to get effect you really need to watch it :(th_afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

My problem about this thread is that no-one appears to be addressing the serious issues - too busy slagging off the actors.

What's troubling me is, when your hands are tied behind your back, and you get a comfort break, who gets your willy out ?

You can't do it yourself, I've tried it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oliverdog wrote: »
    My problem about this thread is that no-one appears to be addressing the serious issues - too busy slagging off the actors.

What's troubling me is, when your hands are tied behind your back, and you get a comfort break, who gets your willy out ?

They were untied for their comfort breaks. But we must assume that John went into the bathroom with them and watched them all the time. Otherwise they could have locked the bathroom door and called out the window for help.

Ah yes because that is the serious issue :p

hahaha they were left alone for days there werent they :eek:

My problem(s) with it was, Chesney has a chair in his hand, John has a cricket bat. Dont engage him in conversation Chesney, just hit him on the hand with the chair so he drops the cricket bat, then you have the upper hand. I didn't like how easily the 3 of them came. Especially on the stairs where there wasnt enough room for john to swing the bat. Or When they got to the top of the stairs, it would have been so easy to topple John off the topstep, lock the door, and ring the police. The whole thing was so poorly written.

Im really liking Steve at the moment. He seems to have finally copped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Oh Oliverdog - for one horrible moment there I though this was going to turn into the Fair city forum, ruled with an iron fist by one of the posters where you cannot say one bad thing about the programme without getting lit on.

Half the craic of soaps for me is the ridiculousness of them - Corrie is one of the best comedys on telly. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

iguana wrote: »
    They were untied for their comfort breaks. But we must assume that John went into the bathroom with them and watched them all the time. Otherwise they could have locked the bathroom door and called out the window for help.
    I never thought of that, what a great little detective you would make :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anyone else think tonight's Coronation Street was a bit of a disappointment?

yes i was disappointed by tonights episode, Becky annoys me more and more everytime she puts her hands to her face in a dramatic way saying he's my son

I feel sorry for Becky, everyone gives her such a hard time and she's a good person really. Life never seems to give her a break.

They're dragging the John storyline out way too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I know they were all concerned about Fiz but did no one think to stop the crazy man running away with the baby??

I know!! They'd seen him running away with her and then seemed to just forget about him?? Surely one person could have stayed with Fiz and the rest gone after John and the baby?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Jesus, well spotted, very apt. Thought we were going to have a "Shallow Grave" tribute where John was going to live in the attic for a week or so spying on everybody.

David Platt is some tit, wants Max like theres no tomorrow, is convinced he'll be a great father but at the same time is a right gobsh!te to his own mother. Kylie is beginning to soften, thought she was very one dimensional when she arrived but I'm beginning to build up sympathy for her. Theres a lot more to her relationship with Max than meets the eye.

This is a still from last nights programme, its when Sean or Julie says "C'mon. Group hug!". the look on the babys face is priceless...

Fizbaby001.jpg

Its somewhere between "WTF!! the nutter is still upstairs! FFS he slept in my room last night! Do something" and "This storyline is too bizarre, got to get my real parents to speak with my agent, see if Emmerdale need a baby".

Anyone else annoyed that at the end of the programme they show a short clip of whats going to happen tomorrow night. No idea why they do this. I'm really peed off with that, takes all the suspense out. We now know Fiz will recover and John seems to be doing a Dr Richard Kimble impression.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

[QUOTE the look on the babys face is priceless...Its somewhere between "WTF!! the nutter is still upstairs! FFS he slept in my room last night! Do something" and "This storyline is too bizarre, got to get my real parents to speak with my agent, see if Emmerdale need a baby".
    [/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D
    Beautiful child though!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Half woman half pistachio LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,896 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aaaaaaah fcuk off! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

At last.....an excuse for the Barlows to redecorate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ah come on now, this is getting a bit hairy now.How could someone fall from that height and survive?:eek::confused:

I know many of the police were busy at Weatherfield hospital but surely they could spare a squad car to arrest a mad drunk woman on a violent rampage with murderous intent. Someone must have called them. David's video of Becky on a rampage was worth a lot less in a custody battle against her than having her in prison would be. Or one of the Barlows should have called them once they were safe. Tracey would never have to worry about Steve getting any form of custody as long as he is still married to the mad cow who smashed up a house while Amy cowered up stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Go John! Love him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't watch this much but today I turned it on to see Becky smash open a front door and then say, in all seriousness, 'Talk to the sledgehammer', followed by John wearing a doctor's coat holding a clearly fake baby on the roof of a hospital. Whut.

Namlub wrote: »
    I don't watch this much but today I turned it on to see Becky smash open a front door and then say, in all seriousness, 'Talk to the sledgehammer', followed by John wearing a doctor's coat holding a clearly fake baby on the roof of a hospital. Whut.

It was the finale of a special "explosive" week.

There were however no explosions.:(

The writing in tonight's episode was beneath contempt. Wasn't anybody (Jason, Owen) interested in just taking that hammer off Becky ?

Now I find that Tracey's high rising intonation is getting on my tits ? She's at it on virtually every line ?

tonights episode was c*ap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Can't believe they let him live!!

The body they never should have found was Richard Hillman. Rememebr how creepy he was?!

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Ah come on now, this is getting a bit hairy now.How could someone fall from that height and survive?:eek::confused:

A better storyline would have been to have his fall broken by Baby Orp. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement