Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

So Fiz is knocked over by a van going about 30kph and she's unconscious for a day yet John falls backward off a 5-6 story building and gets up and walks away?

Please Corrie, cop yourselves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I stop watching for a month or so and this happens...

I know Steve didn't want to ruin his and Becky's relationship but she's smashing up the Barlows house with a sledgehammer, a house his daughter is in and she seems ready to actually kill Tracy, how did he not decide to confess earlier?!

As for John, I gotta say when it looked like he would jump with the baby I was pretty freaked out but the rest of that was either played so serious it made it funny or else seemed like the writers had decided to take the piss. (I'm not complaining 'She's half woman, half pistachio' was brilliant). Him possibly still being alive though? That was too far. This storyline became dragged out long ago, it's just ****ing irritating now.

The mystery I want the answer to though is, how did John acquire a doctor's jacket? That in my mind would be a hilarious scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street character Carla Connor will reportedly be left fighting for her life after being attacked by her boyfriend.

The factory owner, played by Alison King, will be subjected to a physical and sexual assault by Frank Foster after he suspects she is cheating on him with Peter Barlow.

Carla will consider leaving Frank prior to the attack, but feels she owes him after he invested in her business and takes the blame for a car accident she is responsible for, The People reports.

"What Frank does to Carla will make the way she suffered at the hands of her psycho ex-husband Tony seem innocent," a source said. "Carla totally ignores all the early warning signs of Frank's twisted personality, even the fact that he has been accused of attempted rape.

"But she ends up suffering terribly. The scenes will be, without question, the most violent seen on the cobbles. The bosses are hoping that they draw in huge audiences in the coming months, but they must tread carefully to make sure this is handled well.

"The producers have spoken with domestic abuse charities and will make a point of advertising their helplines. They know that this storyline will distress people."

The plot will be a prominent storyline over the summer and air after the 9pm watershed during a week of special episodes.

Tracy Barlow will offer to give Frank a positive character reference in court, while Peter's marriage to Leanne suffers when details of his friendship with Carla come out.

Frank, played by Andrew Lancel, has already attacked Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Carla Connor doesn't seem to have much luck with the men (paul-dead, liam-dead, tony-psycho then dead, trevor-went travelling)

Must say that was a pretty good performance by Becky smashing up Barlows house. Gotta love Deidre who thinks the sun shines out of Tracy!!

Really fed up of John & Fiz.. could they not have left and went on the run. At least it would be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just caught up. Really enjoyed the weeks viewing. A few far fetched bits I must say...like could nobody get the sledgehammer off mad Becky..fcuk sake...and Steve took his time coming clean but I do understand his hesitation. And she spat in his face - imagine.. yuck!!! I thought her leaving the show came after this sledgehammer business. Does anyone know what's to become of her for the next few months?...Deirdre really got on my nerves screaming...stupid croaky cow..It just wears me the way she sticks up for Tracy all the time. There's been countless times Deirdre washed her hands off her so she should know by now what she's really like. Remember Samir giving the b*tch his kidney and all that. (I forget the details but I know Deirdre was pure pist off with her anyway).

John doing a runner with the baby was a joke..there were stupid looking police people standing on every corridor in the hospital staring at him with their mouths open and he still managed to shuffle off up to the roof with the child...wtf?! It was a bit 'Halloweenish' at the end when his body vanished...I really struggle to watch Jenny mcA as Fiz...I find her so irritating to watch, her eyes hold no natural emotion so she tries to express it by either grimacing, going slightly cross-eyed or just staring wide eyed and the exaggerated wobbling bottom lip grrrr!! (sorry for repeating myself on this topic but it makes me feel good to let it out:o).

This upcoming storyline with Carla and Frank should be a doozy of a storyline:).. I love a good baddie. Hard to beat Tony though but he defo has prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ann22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's to become of her ( Becky) for the next few months?....

She's going to be at the centre of things because Steve gets Tracy pregnant again
    Becky McDonald will leave Coronation Street after husband Steve gets Tracy Barlow pregnant, it has been reported.

Actress Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, revealed earlier this year that she is leaving the ITV1 soap after five years.

Rival Tracy will allegedly miscarry her unborn child before provoking Becky into attacking her. Steve (Simon Gregson) wrongly blames Becky for Tracy's miscarriage and states that he wants her out of his life for good, adding that he'll never forgive her.
    "We are all sad to see Kate leave as she has been one of the biggest and most talented stars," an insider told the News of the World.

"But we understand her decision - and [producer] Phil [Collinson] feels delighted to give her a typically feisty exit storyline."

The storyline begins when Steve breaks up with Becky and gets with Tracy, the mother of his daughter Amy. Tracy (Kate Ford) hatches a plot to blame Becky for her miscarriage after discovering that she had a one-night stand with Steve.

Kelly's final scenes will be aired in early 2012.

Epicurus wrote: »
    She's going to be at the centre of things because Steve gets Tracy pregnant again

Is Tracy leaving? That article says that Becky is leaving but then says we're sad to see Kate go? Are they talking about Kate Ford is does Catherine Kelly go by Kate as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I think they did not treat him well.He is been coming and going for a long time.

I can't seem to quote your whole post Epicurus. For feck sake! I don't think I'll be able to bear that storyline:eek:..The smugness of Tracy getting Steve into the sack and then her lying about the miscarriage??! I wish Becky would think before she acts..she'll never learn:(. I wouldn't want Steve back anyway If I was in her shoes though after him sleeping with that Tracy one:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

How can Steve get back with Tracy??? Has he lost his mind?? She's an evil, 2-faced nut-job!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

How can Steve get back with Tracy??? Has he lost his mind?? She's an evil, 2-faced nut-job!!
    in fairness she's looking a better option than Becky at the moment:D

The lady posters here will probably say well Steve is like all men, his brains is in his trousers:D

I love Steve - he's so funny at times, but I've often thought that he was never quick to defend Becky in front of Tracy:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Can't wait for the Carla storyline, it's been ages since there's been any element of evil on the street!!

I'd love to see Steve and Tracy back together if she wasn't such a bitch :(

Pity the writers turned Becky psychotic!! :rolleyes:

David, Nick, Steve; did I miss the episode where Tracy became magically able to seduce any man she wants? I'm not saying she's bad looking but all three men should have no interest in her yet she manages to get them all in to bed.

David, Nick, Steve; did I miss the episode where Tracy became magically able to seduce any man she wants? I'm not saying she's bad looking but all three men should have no interest in her yet she manages to get them all in to bed.
    don't forget Roy she got him into her bed (even though she didn't touch him) that was some doin':D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »
    don't forget Roy she got him into her bed (even though she didn't touch him) that was some doin':D

She gave Roy rohypnol.

i know that, thats the only way she would have got him in to the bed:D
    i'm just saying she has her ways of getting certain men into bed with her she tried to bed Steve in Blackpool a couple of weeks ago and i was delighted he turned her down but now that Becky is turning into more of a nutter every day ye begin to think him and Tracey would make a good couple:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

casio4 wrote: »

Poor Roy, when he woke up and picked her underwear off the ground. The look on his face was priceless as he wondered what he had done, and then the way he tried to sneak out with Ken and Deirdre having their break fast. cant remember if Blanche was there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Who was the boy staying with the Barlows in that clip? Was it one of Ken's many sons.

iguana wrote: »
    Who was the boy staying with the Barlows in that clip? Was it one of Ken's many sons.

I'm pretty sure that's Adam, Ken's grandson.

Oh yeah, typical bring Dublin into it:D.Them Paddys will be easy on criminals;).

Whats in Roys pocket, Tracey's bra?

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Whats in Roys pocket, Tracey's bra?

It looks like a hankerchief that has been stuffed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Poor poor Fiz :(

lizt wrote: »
    It looks like a hankerchief that has been stuffed in.

ya should have played the clip

Deise Tom wrote: »
    ya should have played the clip

I did... it doesn't look like a bra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

lizt wrote: »
    I did... it doesn't look like a bra!

I love when he goes to open the door and they say

Ken:"Oh wait, its double locked. Ill get the key. Where is it Deirdre?"
    Deirdre:"Er, I think its in my handbag"

And Roy glances at the back door, and you can see in his eyes he contemplates running through and out the back door.

Hilarious.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I love when he goes to open the door and they say

Ken:"Oh wait, its double locked. Ill get the key. Where is it Deirdre?"
    Deirdre:"Er, I think its in my handbag"

And Roy glances at the back door, and you can see in his eyes he contemplates running through and out the back door.

Hilarious.

Thats Corri at its very best. Pity Blanche was not there when he came down. I am sure he would have heard a thing or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement