Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Briens Gone

Options
  • 06-05-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

O'Briens at the Brown Thomas Corner is now gone. Well it sort of. It's still being run as a sandwich shop but all the O'Briens branding is gone from it.

The likes of O'Briens which pitch themselves at higher end of the lunchtime trade were always going to struggle when times got tough, especially with Centra up the road doing such a good Deli service now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I noticed that on Bank Holiday Monday. The place is painted red now, doesn't appear to have any name as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Its still the same owner whom also has the Crescent shopping centre O'Briens.

AFAIK she and O'Briens do not see eye to eye. I saw them painting it red the other day.

Best of luck to her changing the brand. O'Briens have priced themselves out of the recession except for the ladies what lunch who frequent that place.

Delish for example are similar prices but their portions are bigger, the service is better and the overall value is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »
    Its still the same owner whom also has the Crescent shopping centre O'Briens.

AFAIK she and O'Briens do not see eye to eye. I saw them painting it red the other day.

Best of luck to her changing the brand. O'Briens have priced themselves out of the recession except for the ladies what lunch who frequent that place.

Delish for example are similar prices but their portions are bigger, the service is better and the overall value is better.

Sure would she not be better off dumping that franchise now anyways. She has an established business built (in that people recogonise those outlets as sandwich shops), I can't think too many people would be bothered about the branding and she won't have to pay huge fees to O'Briens. If she brings the prices down she should do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

O'Briens Chicken and Bacon Tripledecker cannot be replaced though...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

There's more bacon in a bacon fry then there is in an O'Briens sandwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

O'Briens Chicken and Bacon Tripledecker cannot be replaced though...:(

Well if it is being run by the same person then I'm sure they will have an idea how to make one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

O'Briens has always been terrible value. Very small portions and you get charged extensively for each additional one. I see they have also gone out of business in the Parkway and in Tralee town centre. I stopped going in there a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair to the woman in Tralee, there were extenuating circumstances surrounding that coupled with a bad location.

She has another 2 stores in Kerry. There will be no fear of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Berty wrote: »
    To be fair to the woman in Tralee, there were extenuating circumstances surrounding that coupled with a bad location.

She has another 2 stores in Kerry. There will be no fear of her.

There will be if she keeps serving up them small portions for big prices. I had a roll and drink in there once for 8 euros. The roll was so skimpy if you pressed it together you could hide all the fillings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Good riddance if it is closed over priced underfilled sandwiches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Roadend wrote: »
    There's more bacon in a bacon fry then there is in an O'Briens sandwich

I really beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Am I the only one here who absolutely hates an overfilled sandwiche? I find them impossible to eat. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Pheww! I saw the thread and thought it was O'Briens off licence in The Parkway that was gone. Always get beer and wine from there when i'm back in Limerick, its the best offie in town! I agree about O'Briens sandwich bars, neither of them are any loss, too expensive, too little food on the plate and too cramped a surrounding. Its also so annoyingly hot in their shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Banrion

I dont like the O Briens anymore. THe service is awful. :mad: I got a burnt sandwich one time. I never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Banrion wrote: »
    I dont like the O Briens anymore. THe service is awful. :mad: I got a burnt sandwich one time. I never went back.

i goy a sandwich there one time then paid for it and never went back

Advertisement